The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #501
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Feige confirmed that the Skrulls are a grey area. That means both Marvel and Fox can use them.
Yes I know that. But they can't actually use the name Skrulls. Who knows what he meant by grey zone wit them.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:18 AM   #502
FVD
Jolly Loves You

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Fox should lend Doom over to Marvel as well like the Skrulls, Pietro and Wanda. But we know that won't happen!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 06:44 AM   #503
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Feige confirmed that the Skrulls are a grey area. That means both Marvel and Fox can use them.
A "grey area" means there is some murkiness to the agreement. Likely one studio can use some aspects but not others and vice-versa.

Old 07-14-2013, 07:43 AM   #504
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Yeah Galactus and the Surfer are a large reason I want the rights back to Marvel, it's perfect for the cosmic world of GOTG.
This is one key point that I think Marvel and the fans recognize, and I think this could be the biggest reason Marvel may open their check-book and do what needs to be done.

When we got a glimpse of Thanos in the Avengers, I couldn't help feeling that it was a bit of 'kissing your sister' moment.

Sure it was cool to see him, but without Galactus out there somewhere, Thanos isn't Thanos and the Marvel Universe isn't the Marvel Universe.

I'm an FF fan first and foremost, but even from that perspective, I recognize that the Marvel Universe can exist without the FF, but it can't exist without Galactus.

Old 07-14-2013, 12:46 PM   #505
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
This is one key point that I think Marvel and the fans recognize, and I think this could be the biggest reason Marvel may open their check-book and do what needs to be done.

When we got a glimpse of Thanos in the Avengers, I couldn't help feeling that it was a bit of 'kissing your sister' moment.

Sure it was cool to see him, but without Galactus out there somewhere, Thanos isn't Thanos and the Marvel Universe isn't the Marvel Universe.

I'm an FF fan first and foremost, but even from that perspective, I recognize that the Marvel Universe can exist without the FF, but it can't exist without Galactus.
This analogy is completely lost on me.

Old 07-14-2013, 01:42 PM   #506
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
This analogy is completely lost on me.
It's an expression meaning something's not as special as it should be.

Kissing a woman - cool. Kissing your sister - suddenly not so cool.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/258.html

Old 07-14-2013, 02:23 PM   #507
GoblinScrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Oh of course! I've always considered Doom the archenemy of the Marvel universe. Pretty much everyone seems to have fought Doom and not just one time. The MCU needs the great Doom!
As much as I love the F4, SS, Galactus, etc, the single most important reason the F4 rights MUST come home to Marvel is Doom and all things connected to him.

A proper movie adapted Doom is translating him from the comic to the screen and just seeing him in all his majesty would be the ultimate movie thrill!

I would take Saitou Hajime's scenario and just add one thing to it...the camera panning to Doom's face and him crushing his goblet aka the pimp cup lol and hearing that fearful tone: RICHARDS!!!

Old 07-14-2013, 02:36 PM   #508
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
It's an expression meaning something's not as special as it should be.

Kissing a woman - cool. Kissing your sister - suddenly not so cool.

http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...sages/258.html

I see. I think "kissing an ugly chick" would be a better expression.

Old 07-15-2013, 12:54 AM   #509
starscream22
Side-Kick

Just read that they found an actor to play Ronan The Accuser in Guardian's Of The Galaxy. And all this time I thought he and the Kree belonged to FOX.

So other than Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus. Who exactly does FOX have sole claim of with the rights to F4?

Is the Negative Zone theirs? What about Annihilus?

I mean if most of these cosmic Marvel characters are shared just like Quick Silver is then you guys might not even need much hope.

Old 07-15-2013, 06:50 AM   #510
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

F4 property is the only one that Marvel need. X-Men and Spider-Man aren't Avengers and Spider-Man barley shares characters and places other than Kingpin and Ben Urich. But we wont get a DD movie for a longgggggggg time.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:07 AM   #511
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm gonna venture out and say the analogy is a poor one.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #512
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
Just read that they found an actor to play Ronan The Accuser in Guardian's Of The Galaxy. And all this time I thought he and the Kree belonged to FOX.

So other than Dr Doom, Silver Surfer and Galactus. Who exactly does FOX have sole claim of with the rights to F4?

Is the Negative Zone theirs? What about Annihilus?

I mean if most of these cosmic Marvel characters are shared just like Quick Silver is then you guys might not even need much hope.
The Kree are not tied closely to the Fantastic Four. As for the NZ and Annihilus, pretty sure they have those. Along with the Skrulls and Super Skrull.

Old 07-15-2013, 10:35 AM   #513
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
The Kree are not tied closely to the Fantastic Four. As for the NZ and Annihilus, pretty sure they have those. Along with the Skrulls and Super Skrull.
The first appearance/mention of the Kree was the "Sentry Sinister" in FF (64? 65?) and they encountered another sentry on the moon in issue 90something, so they could make a claim, but if specific characters/groups were included in the original Fox Contract, the Kree probably would have been pretty far down the list of priorities.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:30 AM   #514
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I'm gonna venture out and say the analogy is a poor one.
It's not an analogy, it's an expression that old people (like me) use. Like "the bees knees" or "the cat's pajamas".

Those aren't good analogies either and nobody knows why weird old people use them... we just do.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #515
Mr. Dent
Banned User

I find it interesting that all the plans we here about Fox are referred to as only a big "X-Men Cinematic Universe".

Old 07-18-2013, 11:51 PM   #516
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

I can live with it. Hopefully they're embracing that and will allow the FF to revert.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 07-19-2013, 12:02 AM   #517
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Yeah having just a big X-Men universe is more than enough. FF doesn't even really fit with them if it's just those two teams in the universe. It wouldn't really make sense. They'd have to make some really big changes to the FF's purpose in the universe to make the two fit without it seeming retarded.

Old 07-19-2013, 12:49 AM   #518
Paradox1
Side-Kick

I think the hoopla about an X-men and FF crossover was about Reed and Sue's son. In DOFP I was hearing some rumblings about Franklin being one of the mutants in the future fighting against the Sentinels.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 07-19-2013, 08:24 AM   #519
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

I'm confident we'll have a much better sense of where things are going in the next day or two.

If things are moving along, I'm sure there will be at least some comments about what's happening - likely even some cast information.

If there's silence, I think that silence will be deafening and a very good sign.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:28 AM   #520
Zarex
Side-Kick

I'm wondering if FOX's agreements with Marvel would allow the studio to mash together the FF and X-Men. As far as we know, the rights were sold separately as two distinct character families at separate times under separate terms. Attempting to strengthen two franchises that have fallen behind in popularity by mashing them together would be a detriment to Marvel, and would certainly seem to violate the spirit of the two original contracts. Perhaps a strongly worded letter was sent by Disney after Millar started hinting at a FOX Marvel universe.

Old 07-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #521
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I'm wondering if FOX's agreements with Marvel would allow the studio to mash together the FF and X-Men. As far as we know, the rights were sold separately as two distinct character families at separate times under separate terms. Attempting to strengthen two franchises that have fallen behind in popularity by mashing them together would be a detriment to Marvel, and would certainly seem to violate the spirit of the two original contracts. Perhaps a strongly worded letter was sent by Disney after Millar started hinting at a FOX Marvel universe.
Interesting idea. And if that happened, Fox may have decided that they'd rather focus on the X-Men characters integrated into a large complex universe of its own with multiple spin-offs.

My biggest hope at this point is that Fox, through whatever series of events, has decided that they want to focus on an X-Men universe rather than a more complicated X-Men/FF universe. Your scenerio is a possible series of events.

Old 07-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #522
Crimz
Side-Kick

Only time FOX got F4 right

Old 07-20-2013, 08:50 PM   #523
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

so as suspected, the "surprise" was the entire DOFP cast

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 07-20-2013, 08:58 PM   #524
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
so as suspected, the "surprise" was the entire DOFP cast

I'm not ready to get too excited until everything is completely over, but the complete lack of news up to this point seems like a very good sign.

Old 07-20-2013, 09:03 PM   #525
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

I'm not ready to get too excited until everything is completely over, but the complete lack of news up to this point seems like a very good sign.
hasn't the Fox panel ended? i heard there was no mention of even X-force?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread