The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #851
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

That Marvel Studios producer guy say Namor is still at Universal Studios, despite them never using him.

So this "making movies of the characters by a certain deadline otherwise they revert to Marvel" theory seems rubbish.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 08-23-2013, 08:33 PM   #852
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

What exactly led you to the conclusion that every single license Marvel dealt in the 90's had identical terms?

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #853
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
Shooting locations or scouting locations? I've never heard of a film shooting locations before the film was cast.

Probably scouting locations and setting up their offices....

Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #854
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidwarrior View Post
That Marvel Studios producer guy say Namor is still at Universal Studios, despite them never using him.

So this "making movies of the characters by a certain deadline otherwise they revert to Marvel" theory seems rubbish.
Except it's not a theory.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:55 PM   #855
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Probably scouting locations and setting up their offices....
No, the report said they're literally location shooting and using that as "starting production".

Old 08-23-2013, 11:22 PM   #856
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:

.... When did feige say that?? Universal has no intentions to do marvel properties any more and there was a namor Easter egg already planted in the MC U

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 08-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #857
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

I assume he means this - http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/08/23...ted-to-marvel/

That's the only piece I can find tho so it might very well be ********.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 PM   #858
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

Namor easter egg?

We have no idea what the required timeframe for the Namor movie is, or if Marvel wants Universal to keep it like they tried to get Fox to keep Daredevil. Remember, the MCU already has plenty of projects to work on, and other studios making marvel movies is good for everyone.

Old 08-24-2013, 02:39 AM   #859
Mr. Dent
Banned User

In IM2.

And I want a Daredevil TV show so friggin bad.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:24 AM   #860
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
Namor easter egg?

We have no idea what the required timeframe for the Namor movie is, or if Marvel wants Universal to keep it like they tried to get Fox to keep Daredevil. Remember, the MCU already has plenty of projects to work on, and other studios making marvel movies is good for everyone.
I don't believe Marvel wanted FOX to keep Daredevil so much as they wanted Galactus and the Surfer in exchange for an extension of the DD rights. The two cosmic characters could have been immediately featured in GOTG or another cosmic film without the set up film that will be required to introduce DD (or the FF) to the MCU.

Old 08-24-2013, 04:42 AM   #861
the gael
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I don't believe Marvel wanted FOX to keep Daredevil so much as they wanted Galactus and the Surfer in exchange for an extension of the DD rights. The two cosmic characters could have been immediately featured in GOTG or another cosmic film without the set up film that will be required to introduce DD (or the FF) to the MCU.
Yes, It looked more like a poker game than a true desire to keep any rights away. Kevin Feige politics has always been "Do the best with the character you already have, don't plan anything about characters that "could return", but if there is an occasion, try to bring as much characters as you can"

Marvel never tried to keep some right away, they have already said that they want all their characters back :

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=78605

“That doesn’t mean we’re going to make another movie. But it means they’re back in the fold, which is where we want them to be.”

They just focus on the characters they have.

Old 08-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #862
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Namor easter egg?

Atlantis is clearly marked on the map of "superhero happenings" along with Wakanda.

id take the universal/namor thing with a grain of salt

[=]
Old 08-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #863
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Namor easter egg?

Indeed, many refuse to see that

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
Old 08-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #864
Crimz
Side-Kick

The F4 are the only ones that should go back to Marvel, X-Men are too big to go back and Spider-Man is fine in his own Universe.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:09 PM   #865
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
because i'd rather have quality over quantity... over-saturating the market eventually also becomes BAD for everyone.

[=]
Old 08-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #866
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well before Marvel Studios became serious, Universal continuously renewed the rights to Namor. I guess it was assumed that it reverted baxk to Marvel once that 09 project felled short. My guess is that Feige only mentioned it because it's set to revert soon.

I mean come on, what's Universal going to do with a Marvel character that's most famous for playing the villain/reluctant ally in other Marvel characters comic books?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 PM   #867
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Namor easter egg?

Quote:
Yeah well that's tends to be a hard sell when the studio that owns the rights won't release an actual film.

Old 08-26-2013, 10:02 AM   #868
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by starscream22 View Post
Yeah well that's tends to be a hard sell when the studio that owns the rights won't release an actual film.
Great point. Namor could be an extremely valuable character in combination with other Marvel characters, but he may never be able to carry his own film.

It would certainly be better to see him as a side character in a Marvel film than to never see him at all.

Old 08-27-2013, 01:56 AM   #869
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I would love to see a Namor film! I think visually, it could look really cool, but yeah it will be hard to sell to people.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 08-27-2013, 04:58 PM   #870
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Namor would be an EASY sell... there's no film like it... at best, Water World ... but they spent time above water rather than under it.

Namor has potential to be Avatar underwater.

[=]
Old 08-27-2013, 06:36 PM   #871
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Namor would be an EASY sell... there's no film like it... at best, Water World ... but they spent time above water rather than under it.

Namor has potential to be Avatar underwater.
I strongly doubt it. Its unclear whether *Avatar* could be the next Avatar, or whether the perfect storm of technical advances is unduplicable.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:40 PM   #872
Mr. Dent
Banned User

All I know is, if Namor beats Aquaman to the big screen DC should quit.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:49 PM   #873
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

namor is far more interesting than aquaman any way

[=]
Old 08-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #874
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
I strongly doubt it. Its unclear whether *Avatar* could be the next Avatar, or whether the perfect storm of technical advances is unduplicable.
eh... what im saying is that it has the ability to take us some where film so far has not.

[=]
Old 08-27-2013, 08:13 PM   #875
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Very happy to find this thread and to see there are kindred spirits out there. Huge fan of the FF but count me firmly in the camp opposed to the Foxtastic Four reboot. I refuse to see it. There's only one place these characters belong and that's part of the MCU. X-Men and Spidey can stay where they are but the FF need to come home.

Also I would love to see a Namor film. Most anticipated character on the big screen since Thor. I think he could definitely carry a film if part of the Marvel U. Standalone - no way. A WWII Invaders origin story line that later introduces him to the modern age in a reunion with Cap would be sweet. Perhaps an initial conflict with the Avengers just like classic Avengers #3!

Actually I already thought he was with Marvel Studios so I'm just as puzzled as everyone else by Feige's recent comments.

Closed Thread