The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #951
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
I'll see your IM3 and raise you an Elektra and FF1.
...and X-Men: Last Stand, Daredevil, X-Men Origins: Wolverine, and Fantastic Four: ROTS.

But hey... 4 (arguably) out of 10 ain't bad, right?

ゴジラ
Old 09-01-2013, 11:14 AM   #952
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
Mandarin
Could've been worse. Just as Viper and Silver Samurai.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:28 AM   #953
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

I loved IM3..... oh well.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #954
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitou Hajime View Post
Mandarin was far worse than Viper and Silver Samurai.

A classic baddie who turns out to be an actor who made the toilet smell? Pfft.
Iron Man 3 sucks.

I'll take Viper's skin-shedding and a mecha SS any day.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:33 AM   #955
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
I'll give up my "handlers" at Disney/Marvel if you tell me to whom at FOX you report.
Haha! My identity is quite public. If you can't follow a few links (with even a picture of me for all to see), then you aren't very good at investigating things

Oh and just editing this to clarify: I don't report to anyone at Fox, nor anyone at any film company anywhere for that matter. I'd love to work for a movie company though, I have to admit!

Last edited by X-Maniac; 09-01-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2013, 11:36 AM   #956
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
****-Cloud Galactus and Dr. Doom, too.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:54 AM   #957
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Every person who says "just give the rights back to Marvel!" Needs to watch IM3
I have and I loved it. Whoops! There goes your theory.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-01-2013, 12:03 PM   #958
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

Iron Man 3 sucks.
Read this.

ゴジラ
Old 09-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #959
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
****-Cloud Galactus and Dr. Doom, too.
In fairness, they were planning to show the full Galactus being in the SS spin-off. Studios were far more nervous about the more 'way out' stuff back then, (and they still were at the time of making the Thor movie). It's only now that studios are more confident and special effects are cheaper and better.

Dr Doom was far from perfect but at least had the right look, and he was in his castle in FF2, so they were getting there bit by bit.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #960
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post
I'm not reading all that garbage of fanboyish rationalisation. I didn't like it and that's that!

Old 09-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #961
Mr. Dent
Banned User

It's officially September. These next 29 days should say a lot.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 PM   #962
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
I'm not reading all that garbage of fanboyish rationalisation. I didn't like it and that's that!

ゴジラ
Old 09-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #963
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
In fairness, they were planning to show the full Galactus being in the SS spin-off. Studios were far more nervous about the more 'way out' stuff back then, (and they still were at the time of making the Thor movie). It's only now that studios are more confident and special effects are cheaper and better.

Dr Doom was far from perfect but at least had the right look, and he was in his castle in FF2, so they were getting there bit by bit.
Excuses are meaningless. Only results matter. And the result for the FF was a horrible depiction of Marvel's greatest cosmic character, who was reduced to a dirty-looking cloud with all the menace of dryer lint. That was a helluva a lot more insulting to both the source material and its fans than the Mandarin in IM3. (And no, I'm not getting into that because I'm not interested in any more whining about it.)

Old 09-01-2013, 01:50 PM   #964
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Wolverine was voted best CBM of the summer on here, IM3 wasn't even a 2nd.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 09-01-2013, 02:08 PM   #965
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Excuses are meaningless. Only results matter. And the result for the FF was a horrible depiction of Marvel's greatest cosmic character, who was reduced to a dirty-looking cloud with all the menace of dryer lint. That was a helluva a lot more insulting to both the source material and its fans than the Mandarin in IM3. (And no, I'm not getting into that because I'm not interested in any more whining about it.)
It wasn't a depiction, it was an effect created by the character, whose form is seen briefly in the heart of the cloud. As an introduction, it would be fine if we had then had the full form shown clearly in the SS spin-off. But I agree it was disappointing that it was all we ever got to see.

Marvel wouldn't make another F4 movie if they had them back. As evidenced by the deal they tried to do for Daredevil, they only want Galactus and the Silver Surfer so they can add them to the Guardians franchise. That's fair enough, but Fox decided it really wasn't worth hanging on to Daredevil after all.

Old 09-01-2013, 02:36 PM   #966
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wolverine was voted best CBM of the summer on here, IM3 wasn't even a 2nd.
Big deal what happened "on here". IM3 got more favorable reviews and made vastly more money. That's what counts in the real world, not some random poll on website #br549. I liked both but there's no question which was the more successful film.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 09-01-2013, 03:13 PM   #967
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Big deal what happened "on here". IM3 got more favorable reviews and made vastly more money. That's what counts in the real world, not some random poll on website #br549. I liked both but there's no question which was the more successful film.
Box Office success means nothing really in terms of quality though, but you are right in that it was more financially successful. Critics are a select few, other than perhaps the famed one like the late Robert Ebert what makes their opinion more important than the GA or Fans?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 09-01-2013, 05:14 PM   #968
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Every person who says "just give the rights back to Marvel!" Needs to watch IM3
*rewatches IM3*

Yep, definitely a good reason to give the rights back to Marvel. With the rights in their hands, its entirely possible we may get a Fantastic Four movie as awesome as IM3.

*wonders how long it will take the insane Mandarin hate to finally fade away*

Old 09-01-2013, 05:18 PM   #969
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:

Iron Man 3 sucks.

I'll take Viper's skin-shedding and a mecha SS any day.
Sorry, but as "bad" as you try to pain Marvel's interpretation of the Mandarin was, it's still nowhere near as bad as the kind of logic that would've probably interpreted him as a literal orange.

Quote:
Box Office success means nothing really in terms of quality though, but you are right in that it was more financially successful. Critics are a select few, other than perhaps the famed one like the late Robert Ebert what makes their opinion more important than the GA or Fans?
Except IM3 also had the higher audience score and Cinemascore.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #970
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

people who hate the Mandarin twist are often completely unfamiliar with the character... or only know him buy his old stereotypical appearance. Rather than his modern day take, which is very much Killian.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #971
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaphysician View Post
*rewatches IM3*

Yep, definitely a good reason to give the rights back to Marvel. With the rights in their hands, its entirely possible we may get a Fantastic Four movie as awesome as IM3.

*wonders how long it will take the insane Mandarin hate to finally fade away*
Though Pearce was fine in the role, I really think Marvel should have cast an Asian actor as "Killian". An eastern, dragon-tattooed, fire-breather would have been a more satisfying onscreen depiction of Iron Man's greatest foe.

Old 09-01-2013, 05:28 PM   #972
Crimz
Side-Kick

The Wolverine bored me towards the end and the beginning was so promising....
Iron Man 3 didn't put me to sleep at least, even though i didn't like the end.
I want the F4 back at Marvel because they fit better there and i have more faith in Marvel at the moment. I am not some Marvel Fanboy, these are the only ones i want to return.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #973
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

I will never ever ever ever ever ever ever get how IM3 is any good. It should be tossed in the bin with the bad ones like SM3 or something. There is many similaritys between the two films.

Old 09-01-2013, 06:55 PM   #974
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Sorry, but as "bad" as you try to pain Marvel's interpretation of the Mandarin was, it's still nowhere near as bad as the kind of logic that would've probably interpreted him as a literal orange.

Except IM3 also had the higher audience score and Cinemascore.
Did IM3 really have a better Audience RT? Both have been out for a few months. It takes around a yearish for the score to settle.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:38 PM   #975
Saitou Hajime
Side-Kick

Quote:
Did IM3 really have a better Audience RT? Both have been out for a few months. It takes around a yearish for the score to settle.
83 vs 72. And gaps that big don't tend to change that much over time.

Closed Thread