The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2013, 12:48 PM   #676
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: "Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

i am not sold on him yet just going off arrow he is very stoic not sure he can bring the fun of johnny

Old 05-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #677
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

He is Johnny in his personal life going off what his friends say about him, ie: interviews with Skyler Samuels who describes him as funny, cocky, sweet, and loves the action stuff. Seems to me if he can pull it off in life, he can pull it off on the screen.

I'd like to see him given the chance...height may be a little on the short side, but that didn't stop Tom Cruise from playing Jack Reacher, and I liked his portrayal, so bring on Colton...short stuff and all. ; )

I just don't see cocky, funny, sweet, and little brother angst being that tough to pull off I think most of those given as examples on this thread could pull that off quite well. NOW, what Ben has to go through? That IMO will take an actor with a lot of range.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #678
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

I think Colton might risk overdoing it.

He can tend to oversell stuff.

And this coming from someone who genuinely enjoys him and would be happy for him if he got the part.

Old 05-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #679
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustABill View Post
I think Colton might risk overdoing it.

He can tend to oversell stuff.

And this coming from someone who genuinely enjoys him and would happy for him if he got the part.
Hmmm... I didn't really see that in "The Gates" and "Teen Wolf" I haven't seen him in anything else other than those two things...

I think he would give as close to the same Johnny that Chris Evans gave...that may be why I like him for the role. I thought Chris did a great job, I wasn't happy with his promotion of the movie, but his portrayal of Johnny (given the horrible scripts he had to work with...) was very well done. I hope for that or better this time.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:02 PM   #680
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Hmmm... I didn't really see that in "The Gates" and "Teen Wolf" I haven't seen him in anything else other than those two things...

I think he would give as close to the same Johnny that Chris Evans gave...that may be why I like him for the role. I thought Chris did a great job, I wasn't happy with his promotion of the movie, but his portrayal of Johnny (given the horrible scripts he had to work with...) was very well done. I hope for that or better this time.
I don't know. It might just have been the nature of Jackson as a character but there were times where I felt he was a little too overdramatic.

And as for what I've seen of him on Arrow from looking up when Specter is watching it? He's dramatically stale there.

So he's either from what I've seen one end or the other.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:07 PM   #681
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

In arrow, he tends to be a serious character most of the time and I'd blame it on the writing for him being stale.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:09 PM   #682
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

My first time posting in this thread, and I will say:
  • Michael B. Jordan might be the best casting choice, I'm open to him playing the role. If neither Johnny or Sue is adopted here, I'd like to see one parent with a darker skin than the other
  • Chris Evans was a great choice for the previous series, a great Human Torch, even if he's a better Captain America
  • I hope Johnny is an adult in this one, same as the first film. It doesn't make sense for a teenage to venture in space, doubt he will be prepared physically enough, even if he was a prodigy and knows exactly what he's doing.

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 05-18-2013, 01:25 PM   #683
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I think he should be in college, like maybe 18 or 19. So he's still got that teenage mindset going, but technically he's an adult.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #684
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
I myself, would really like to see Colton Haynes in the part, I hadn't actually thought about him until someone brought him up the other day.

I think he would be a great addition...
He's developing well on Arrow, this next season is going to be big for him as his character grows, he'd be a good choice for Johnny.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-18-2013, 02:07 PM   #685
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Agreed. Hopefully we get to see more personality out of his character next year.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 05-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #686
Spider-Aziz
I like Nachos

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I think he should be in college, like maybe 18 or 19. So he's still got that teenage mindset going, but technically he's an adult.
That age could be acceptable, but I still rather see an older version in the trip

"I Never Apologize."
Want to choose me as "Villain of 2014"?
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 PM   #687
Project862006
Banned User

i honestly think efron wouldn't be bad i thought he has been solid in everything i have seen him in and he was fun and charismatic in 17 again

Old 05-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #688
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Whoever gets the role has big shoes to fill.Evans basically is the reason to watch those films.(props to chiklis,of course)

Old 05-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #689
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Whoever gets the role has big shoes to fill.Evans basically is the reason to watch those films.(props to chiklis,of course)
Agreed, Evans nailed it. SS was awesome as well though imo....and theres some damn fine looking Women in both flicks. Otherwise complete crap haha.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #690
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

So Sue Storm will be a black actor too then,because Johnny and Sue are brother and sister.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #691
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
So Sue Storm will be a black actor too then,because Johnny and Sue are brother and sister.
No, not necessarily.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #692
JustABill
Slightly Used User.

You don't even have to touch on that. Not really sure why we're all getting in arms about that.

Just continue with them how they've always been. People are smart enough to figure out how they could be brother and sister themselves.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:54 PM   #693
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Amber Stevens for Sue.

Cast Joe Manganiello for Kraven the Hunter!
Old 05-18-2013, 06:56 PM   #694
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
You don't even have to touch on that. Not really sure why we're all getting in arms about that.

Just continue with them how they've always been. People are smart enough to figure out how they could be brother and sister themselves.

Old 05-18-2013, 06:58 PM   #695
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Amber Stevens for Sue.
She's very pretty....but I'm not sure I want ANYONE from 90210, just on principal, that show gives me hives.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #696
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

James Preston for Johnny, holy cow that guy is hot.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #697
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:

That would be terrible storytelling. The theme of the Fantastic Four is family. The story needs to show that, so of course they'd "touch on that." That's not even being negative on the MJB rumor. It's just common sense. Their relationship should be explored in a good origin story, regardless of whether they're adopted, half siblings, from a mixed family, etc. Heck, if Johnny and Sue are both played by two white actors that are actually brother and sister in real life they should still "touch on" their in universe relationship.

Old 05-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #698
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Dude I'm pretty sure he's saying anyone who is bewildered by how Johnny and Sue will be family even though one is black and the other white should ignored. I don't think he's talking about the story at all in the movie.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 05-18-2013, 08:01 PM   #699
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox1 View Post
Dude I'm pretty sure he's saying anyone who is bewildered by how Johnny and Sue will be family even though one is black and the other white should ignored. I don't think he's talking about the story at all in the movie.
He specifically says that people can figure it out on their own, implying that the movie shouldn't address it and leave it up to the audiences imagination.

Old 05-18-2013, 08:42 PM   #700
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Despite what some say in here I'd say if they cast this young chap as Johnny they should cast a black Sue, I mean why bother sticking to the comics with Sue if you're not going to with Johnny? They have been biological brother & sister the whole time the characters have existed so no need to alter that, and a change of race for Johnny and Sue has no impact on their dynamics with Reed and Ben.

If so I vote for Paula Patton as Sue.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Closed Thread