The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 05:53 AM   #76
spidergeek232
I'm Not A Loser

Default Re: "Flame On!" The Human Torch Thread

I'm down with Colton Haynes as Johnny! He's 5'10 actually.

Other choices:

Older: Garrett Hedlund, Ryan Kwaten, Charlie Hunnam

Younger: Colton Haynes, Chris Zylka (I know he's Flash, but this is a different studio/franchise), Alex Pettyfer, Travis Van Winkle

Old 04-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #77
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I'd like to see Johnny go nova while surrounded by a group of vampires..

Old 04-22-2013, 04:38 PM   #78
JAK®
Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Haynes is not 5'11"....I have seen him with actresses that are no more than 5'5" or 5'6" and he is maybe an inch taller......actors fib about their height....and this is one of them. No way he is an inch away from 6'....
5'11" is the height short people claim to be when they want to pretend they're tall but aren't brave enough to go for the whole six feet.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:48 PM   #79
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
5'11" is the height short people claim to be when they want to pretend they're tall but aren't brave enough to go for the whole six feet.
Yep, that is what I figured....doesn't Tom Cruise claim to be 5'11"...?

Old 04-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #80
mercureyx
Side-Kick

What about Michael B. Jordan?

Old 04-25-2013, 11:13 PM   #81
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Colton Haynes is seriously hot. Johnny Storm needs to be hot, smooth, and someone you could see girls or guys flocking around. Plus he's already really worked out. It seems to be his genre as well -- Arrow and Teen Wolf.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-25-2013, 11:26 PM   #82
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercureyx View Post

Interesting... but far off the mark.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #83
Project862006
Banned User

only seen colton on arrow can he do more than stoic? because thats not johnny

Old 04-27-2013, 01:42 AM   #84
Incrediblejeff
Still Incredible

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAK® View Post
but true.

Old 04-27-2013, 11:34 AM   #85
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Sooooo, you are saying a black actress for his sister as well?

Old 04-27-2013, 11:35 AM   #86
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Why couldn't he be adopted?

Old 04-27-2013, 11:36 AM   #87
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
I can see where you are coming from, "The Gates", "Teen Wolf" and "Arrow" pretty much have given him the same type of character....but in interviews he is very charming, very cocky, and funny as hell.

Old 04-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #88
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Why couldn't he be adopted?
First I see you recommend Miles Teller as Mr. Fantastic, now Michael B. Jordan for the Human Torch.

I want you guys to imagine them in an FF movie playing those parts. If it's anything like what I'm imagining, it's not good.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #89
MCU
Side-Kick

Younger: Dave Franco(seems perfect to me)
Older: Chris Pine(also seems perfect to me)

Who I would like the most out of those two....surprisingly I think Dave Franco would own it( I liked him a lot in 21 Jump Street).

Old 04-27-2013, 02:50 PM   #90
mercureyx
Side-Kick

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Fantastic_Four

Reed Richards is 21 and the origin of the FANTASTIC FOUR is different. Don't be too quick to dismiss ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR as the direction the reboot's taking...

Remember this, from The Hollywood Reporter?

Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes and will tap deep into the comics mythology, which featured not just the better-known villains such as Doctor Doom and Galactus but also alien races the Kree and the Skrull, and the anti-matter universe known as the NEGATIVE ZONE.

Now, read how the ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR got their powers in the comics:

At the age of 21 Reed Richards' research was realized as he and several others attempted to teleport organic material through an alternate plane of existence called the NEGATIVE ZONE.

Trust me.

Old 04-27-2013, 04:35 PM   #91
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

But all of those things mentioned in The Hollywood Reporter are also a part of the Original Series, as well as the Adventure Series and the Marvel Knights Series of Fantastic Four....

??????? soooooooo ...... ????????

Old 04-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #92
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
He is just acting according to what the roles require of him. If he's supposed to be a cocky and funny guy, I'm sure he'll act the part.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:43 PM   #93
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Quote:
But all of those things mentioned in The Hollywood Reporter are also a part of the Original Series, as well as the Adventure Series and the Marvel Knights Series of Fantastic Four....

??????? soooooooo ...... ????????
Right... Guess we'll just have to wait and see . Like the article said:

Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes.

All I'm saying is, the origin presented in the ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR storyline is very CHRONICLE-like, super sci-fi heavy, and involves all four protagonists inadvertently discovering the N-ZONE while being gifted incredible powers.

There's a lot of discussion on here about the cast being in their late 20s or mid to late 30s. IF it's revealed they're using the ULTIMATES storyline for the reboot, or a derivation thereof, no one should be surprised when a much younger cast is presented. That's my main point.

Just saying, keep an open mind.

Last edited by mercureyx; 04-27-2013 at 05:50 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #94
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Right... Guess we'll just have to wait and see . Like the article said:

Sources say that the new reboot is taking a grounded superhero and sci-fi approach to the heroes.

All I'm saying is, the origin presented in the ULTIMATE FANTASTIC FOUR storyline is very CHRONICLE-like, super sci-fi heavy, and involves all four protagonists inadvertently discovering the N-ZONE while being gifted incredible powers.

There's a lot of discussion on here about the cast being in their late 20s or mid to late 30s. IF it's revealed they're using the ULTIMATES storyline for the reboot, or a derivation thereof, no one should be surprised when a much younger cast is presented. That's my main point.

Just saying, keep an open mind.
Oh, I agree...the UFF is definitely more Sci-fi, that is for sure....but they used quite a bit from the UFF in the last 2 movies, and the fans were not exactly happy about it. I myself, like the Marvel Knights Series the best, but I am just hoping for a true family feel, and pure adventure. Not a *****y sister, annoying BIG brother, a wimpy husband, and a manic depressant friend.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:09 PM   #95
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Not trying to be sarcastic in asking this, but what exactly did the first two FANTASTIC FOUR films use from the ULTIMATES comics?

Old 04-27-2013, 06:17 PM   #96
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Not trying to be sarcastic in asking this, but what exactly did the first two FANTASTIC FOUR films use from the ULTIMATES comics?
Well, once it got to screen, didn't really look like ANY of the the series....but the early France/Frost Script used the Doom from UFF, and Sue was a Scientist, etc....there was really NOTHING used from the early comics...so what little from the comics was there, was from the UFF. Once it got to the screen, who the hell knows what it was about. It looked like they tried to use a base from Marvel Knights 1,2,3,4 and had they done that right, the first movie would have been great, but Sue would not have been a Scientist, she would have been a teacher.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:24 PM   #97
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, once it got to screen, didn't really look like ANY of the the series....but the early France/Frost Script used the Doom from UFF, and Sue was a Scientist, etc....there was really NOTHING used from the early comics...so what little from the comics was there, was from the UFF. Once it got to the screen, who the hell knows what it was about. It looked like they tried to use a base from Marvel Knights 1,2,3,4 and had they done that right, the first movie would have been great, but Sue would not have been a Scientist, she would have been a teacher.
But the basics are all pretty faithful to the original comic, wouldn't you say?

The four individuals traditionally associated with the Fantastic Four, who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space, are: Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards), a scientific genius and the leader of the group, who can stretch his body into incredible lengths and shapes; the Invisible Woman (Susan "Sue" Storm), who eventually married Reed, who can render herself invisible and later project powerful force fields; the Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Sue's younger brother, who can generate flames, surround himself with them and fly; and the monstrous Thing (Ben Grimm)...

Ever since their original 1961 introduction, the Fantastic Four have been portrayed as a somewhat dysfunctional, yet loving, family. Breaking convention with other comic book archetypes of the time, they would squabble and hold grudges both deep and petty, and eschewed anonymity or secret identities in favor of celebrity status. The team is also well known for its recurring encounters with characters such as the villainous monarch Doctor Doom and the planet-devouring Galactus.

All of those things were used in the original films, right? I'm not saying they were executed well (at all) -- but the films were more faithful to the original comics than to the ULTIMATES storyline, it seems to me.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:31 PM   #98
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
But the basics are all pretty faithful to the original comic, wouldn't you say?

The four individuals traditionally associated with the Fantastic Four, who gained superpowers after exposure to cosmic rays during a scientific mission to outer space, are: Mister Fantastic (Reed Richards), a scientific genius and the leader of the group, who can stretch his body into incredible lengths and shapes; the Invisible Woman (Susan "Sue" Storm), who eventually married Reed, who can render herself invisible and later project powerful force fields; the Human Torch (Johnny Storm), Sue's younger brother, who can generate flames, surround himself with them and fly; and the monstrous Thing (Ben Grimm)...

Ever since their original 1961 introduction, the Fantastic Four have been portrayed as a somewhat dysfunctional, yet loving, family. Breaking convention with other comic book archetypes of the time, they would squabble and hold grudges both deep and petty, and eschewed anonymity or secret identities in favor of celebrity status. The team is also well known for its recurring encounters with characters such as the villainous monarch Doctor Doom and the planet-devouring Galactus.

All of those things were used in the original films, right? I'm not saying they were executed well (at all) -- but the films were more faithful to the original comics than to the ULTIMATES storyline, it seems to me.
No, there personalities were absolutely nothing like the originals.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did not want a down to the ink on the paper identical movie to the original F4. I was fine with Sue being scientist, actually far better than her being an actress that somehow got her and her brother on the space ship.....but the writing was not of Sue, there was nothing sweet, but strong about the character in the writing, there was no special relationship between her and Ben, there was no awe of her husband. I saw nothing genius in the writing of Reed, I saw nothing comical about Johnny and his relationship with Sue, nothing of their personalities were correct IMO. They were ok movies, but nothing like they could have been. I would have actually been more happy had they gone with the relationships as they were written in the Marvel Knights series....IMO, the family aspect was far stronger in those than any other the others, and then if they wanted to take the Sci-Fy aspects of the UFF, fine with me.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:45 PM   #99
mercureyx
Side-Kick

Quote:
No, there personalities were absolutely nothing like the originals.

Now, don't get me wrong, I did not want a down to the ink on the paper identical movie to the original F4. I was fine with Sue being scientist, actually far better than her being an actress that somehow got her and her brother on the space ship.....but the writing was not of Sue, there was nothing sweet, but strong about the character in the writing, there was no special relationship between her and Ben, there was no awe of her husband. I saw nothing genius in the writing of Reed, I saw nothing comical about Johnny and his relationship with Sue, nothing of their personalities were correct IMO. They were ok movies, but nothing like they could have been. I would have actually been more happy had they gone with the relationships as they were written in the Marvel Knights series....IMO, the family aspect was far stronger in those than any other the others, and then if they wanted to take the Sci-Fy aspects of the UFF, fine with me.
Right, this all makes sense -- and I agree, for the most part. I think they tried (and failed) to make each of the characters as close to the original comic as possible -- without any of it feeling earned or realistic. Reed is super smart. Sue's beautiful. Johnny's cocky. Ben's tough. To that extent, I'd say the characters were similar to their comic counterparts. The problem was the filmmaker's weren't as intent on setting all of that up as they were on establishing it quickly so they could get on with the set pieces.

IF they go with a more ULTIMATES-style approach to the material, you can expect some other things about the group may too be altered...

Last edited by mercureyx; 04-27-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Old 04-27-2013, 09:00 PM   #100
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Right, this all makes sense -- and I agree, for the most part. I think they tried (and failed) to make each of the characters as close to the original comic as possible -- without any of it feeling earned or realistic. Reed is super smart. Sue's beautiful. Johnny's cocky. Ben's tough. To that extent, I'd say the characters were similar to their comic counterparts. The problem was the filmmaker's weren't as intent on setting all of that up as they were on establishing it quickly so they could get on with the set pieces.

IF they go with a more ULTIMATES-style approach to the material, you can expect some other things about the group may too be altered...
It doesn't really matter to me as long as the characters are not one dimensional as they were in the first two movies, and there is a true family aspect....hell when an animated movie can get a better family feel, and write a family that the audience can care about then they have done what the first 2 F4 films should have done, and didn't....I cared nothing about the family, I enjoyed the action, I enjoyed some parts of it, but nothing that made me sad that a 3rd film with those writers and directors was not going to be made. I don't necessarily blame the actors, they did the best with what they were given, but they were given crap....had they gone with the France script IMO, and an actual action/comic movie director, then it would have been much better and hell you could have gotten two movies from that one script.....BUT, DOOM WITH HOOVES WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE FANBOYS HEART ATTACKS.....