Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #276
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
When films are apart of one series its nice to have one main theme.
That's fine. But I like how each X-Men movie has a different score. One of the best things about the series in my opinion.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #277
JP
Smelly

One of the worst.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:02 PM   #278
Angamb
Banned User

agree about having a main theme for the next years.

It would give the franchise a more epic/iconic feel, like Star Wars saga, or old Superman movies.

Id love the whole world to hear the track somewhere and say: hey, this is the X-men theme!

Old 01-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #279
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post

But these quotes I think Is proof the film Is going to cut back and forth between both timelines.And Back to the future quote may mean they found a way to give original film characters a better endiing without resorting to Invaliding most of films.
you saying you think this is an ending to the original trilogy?

i doubt they would make an official ending to the original trilogy as they still want to make wolverine movies, infact even more so if the japan story does really well

it also makes me question why people think it was start a new timeline because how can you make more wolverine films without confusing the casual audiences?

Old 01-28-2013, 12:42 PM   #280
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

More details:

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so it’s like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie."

We also asked how much attention he's paying to the other X-movies, which have at this point created a somewhat tangled chronological web. "I’m taking into account every movie – I’m not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. I’m taking into account the entire universe as it’s been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so there’s some clean-up. But ultimately I’m not just ignoring them either."

http://www.empireonline.com/news/feed.asp?NID=36317

Old 01-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #281
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Has this been posted? Some tidbits from Singer himself.

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=36317

Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #282
eddy
Side-Kick

It would be cool and different if they had the theme from FC in the past scenes and the theme from X2 in the future scenes.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:45 PM   #283
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Fuuuu, I was just too late! Hehe.

Anyway, it all sounds great! I like what he says about cleaning up the continuity some.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 PM   #284
mclay18
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
That's fine. But I like how each X-Men movie has a different score. One of the best things about the series in my opinion.
That's fine if each score was good in its own way. But the quality varies-- you have the terrific ones (X2, X3), the terrible (Origins: Wolverine), and the okay (X-Men, FC).

It'd be nice to have some kind of continuity overarching the films.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #285
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

i still hope he ignores origins... thats a train wreck of continuity

singer is to much of a nice guy here for even trying to fix continuity or even respect the bad decisions of other directors

Old 01-28-2013, 12:57 PM   #286
huzzah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
More details:

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so itís like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie."

We also asked how much attention he's paying to the other X-movies, which have at this point created a somewhat tangled chronological web. "Iím taking into account every movie Ė Iím not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. Iím taking into account the entire universe as itís been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so thereís some clean-up. But ultimately Iím not just ignoring them either."

I guess that settles an argument.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:02 PM   #287
eddy
Side-Kick

Maybe the films that f'ed up the continuity take place in a alternate timeline like the tv show Sliders.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:03 PM   #288
J.Howlett

Quote:
More details:

"It has a lot of aspects of the comic. The actual comic of Days Of Future Past had a whole ton of stuff going on, so itís like any of these things; you have to distill it. But I think the fans will be pleased that some of the most exciting parts of Days Of Future Past are going to be connected to this movie."

We also asked how much attention he's paying to the other X-movies, which have at this point created a somewhat tangled chronological web. "Iím taking into account every movie Ė Iím not just grabbing my first two movies and First Class and smashing them together. Iím taking into account the entire universe as itís been laid out so far on the screen, and really respecting it and trying to work with that. People took things in various directions, so thereís some clean-up. But ultimately Iím not just ignoring them either."

You know, now I'm desperate to see this magic trick that Singer is going to pull off if he can clean up everything with this one film.

This film sounds massive!

Old 01-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #289
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
You know, now I'm desperate to see this magic trick that Singer is going to pull off if he can clean up everything with this one film.

This film sounds massive!
he may just connect the things that make sense and ignore the things that don't

Old 01-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #290
eddy
Side-Kick

Origins is in a alternate timeline from FC which is in a alternate timeline from X1-3. Like the Star Trek reboot. or Back to the Future part 2.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:08 PM   #291
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
he may just connect the things that make sense and ignore the things that don't
I don't know. It sounds like he's using everything that's been on screen. I'm starting to think that The Wolverine is a more important film than I realized.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #292
magneto23
Side-Kick

I'd say there is a little more than "some" clean-up. And I have no clue how he is going to explain older Charles being included in this story. Unless its an alt reality, otherwise that's going to be Singer's biggest mess to clean-up imo.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #293
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I don't know. It sounds like he's using everything that's been on screen. I'm starting to think that The Wolverine is a more important film than I realized.
yeah sounds like origins may be connected to the wolverine if this attempt at fixing continuity counts for that too

Old 01-28-2013, 01:12 PM   #294
eddy
Side-Kick

This film sounds more sci-fi than any of the other previous films(I know I know, mutants, weird machines, etc.) I hope the general audience embraces that rather than rejects it since the original X-MEN films were kinda subdued and literally less colorful.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #295
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
you saying you think this is an ending to the original trilogy?

i doubt they would make an official ending to the original trilogy as they still want to make wolverine movies, infact even more so if the japan story does really well

it also makes me question why people think it was start a new timeline because how can you make more wolverine films without confusing the casual audiences?
I don't think there would be an actual ending so to speak.But It may provide a better starting out point for another Sequel with characters from trilogy or at very least another wolverine solo film.And there Is always possibly a few other OT characters could show up In followup to The Wolverine.Other X-men characters do show up In wolverine's solo.

I am believer Instead of them erasing entire films time travel allows them to recon things.Bryan has given a clue to that with Back to future quote.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:13 PM   #296
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

A 2 hour talk with James Cameron about time travel, string theory and multiverses sounds awesome.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #297
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
yeah sounds like origins may be connected to the wolverine if this attempt at fixing continuity counts for that too
Bryan's quote says to me yes they do indeed consider Origins part of cannon.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:26 PM   #298
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
More details:

This says they will be elements In film based on comic version of Dofp.It defently Isn't DoFP In name only.

I doudt they will be trying to reconcile every single error.Some things people are going to just have to accept.It sounds they are working on cleaning up some things.But the main point Is tot ell the DOFP story and lay better foundation for future films.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:36 PM   #299
eddy
Side-Kick

If Bryan Singer can fix the XMEN franchise I will be forever grateful. I don't even watch the old films anymore out of disgust for XMEN3. I only rewatch Xmen:First Class nowadays.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 01:48 PM   #300
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

That's kind of stupid.The greatness of X-men and X2 aren't destroyed because of last
Stand.the crapyness of Joel Schumacher's batman films hasn't destroyed my apprecation
for Tim Burton's batman films.

Closed Thread