The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Old 07-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #1
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Thanos is not the be all end all of the Marvel Universe

So I see a lot of people say, ever since Thanos was revealed at the end of Avengers, that he is the "baddest of the badies" in the Marvel Universe and there's really nowhere to go after him....but that's not true. The REAL biggest badass in the Marvel U is Doom...which people are overlooking. Yeah he's with the FF, but if Fox effs up and the rights revert back to Marvel, that's where you go from Thanos. Doom.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #2
Aztec
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thanos is not the be all end all of the Marvel Universe

No. Thanos is far worse. But I do agree that Doom is a beast and is needed in the MCU.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Aztec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 10:18 PM   #3
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Thanos is far worse.
Is he though? What he did in Infinity Gauntlet was pretty bad...but that's it. Doom has a far more lengthy track record of doing horrible **** to the Avengers/FF and going up against the entire Marvel U. Not to mention he's a far more personal villain than Thanos, due to being human himself and living on Earth, while being arguably just as dangerous if not more so. And Doom is actually known for being far more of a master planner than Thanos. Thanos has really only ever "masterminded" something in his first story arc in the Captain Marvel comics.

Thanos IS a big villain, maybe the second biggest, but he's never been what people are really making him out to have been in the comics. That guy was always Doom.

Old 07-23-2013, 10:38 PM   #4
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well there's literally hundreds of villains in Marvel's vault. If releasing movies is as easy as releasing comic-books. They could make at least 10 Avenger movies with different villains.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 11:00 PM   #5
ares834
Side-Kick

Sure, Doom does more **** to the Avengers but that's because he is the more reoccurring villain. However, Thanos is the bigger threat.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:05 AM   #6
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

I dunno. From a threat level point of view, Thanos may be bigger, but Doom certainly is the biggest badass there is in the MU and the ultimate villain Marvel has. For Avengers movies, I'd throw Kang in the hat too.

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #7
KDM1986
Midnight Sons Founder

Dr. Doom is a great bad guy but I don't even consider him the FF's biggest threat. Galactus is where I would go after Thanos for Biggest bad in the MCU. That's only if fox blows it and we can get the first family back to marvel. (Please god let that happen).

Old 07-24-2013, 06:24 AM   #8
Slushy
The Man

Yeah, Galactus is the biggest evil IMO. Too bad we got a fu**ing storm cloud instead!

Slushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
Lord
All Mighty

FOX holds the 2 most important villain of Marvel: Dr. Doom and Galactus

Thanos as a threat is possibly the biggest, but he's certainly not the most important is he? In all these years he hasn't had that many appearance. After him, if they can't work with Fox or get the rights back i suggest the Masters of Evil (with a different name, probably as the Liberators where different countries find America a threat) and Kang, who could be a great threat due to time travel.

There are still other threats to take from, and they can allways reuse some if there's a good story to be told.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #10
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Why are people still thinking that FOX has intentions to do a FF movie? All evidence points to the contrary. Since the announcement of a director about a year ago nothing, absolutely NOTHING, has happend. FF is still in development hell as much as DD was before it finally returned to the House Of Ideas.
So yeah, I predict Doom will be the foe in TA4

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:23 AM   #11
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
Why are people still thinking that FOX has intentions to do a FF movie? All evidence points to the contrary. Since the announcement of a director about a year ago nothing, absolutely NOTHING, has happend. FF is still in development hell as much as DD was before it finally returned to the House Of Ideas.
So yeah, I predict Doom will be the foe in TA4
Because nothing is ever sure, didn't FOX do X-Men: First Class in about a years? At this point anything can happen.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 07-24-2013, 07:31 AM   #12
hadi
Side-Kick

Thanos is the 5th strongest and most powerful character in the MCU (with infinity gauntlet). That is not to say that Dr. Doom

Also... He is a key character because he ties the Avengers with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Dr. Doom or Victor Von Doom is more of a FF character.

Dr. Doom is a global threat. Thanos is a galactic threat.

Besides they are using Ultron for Avengers 2. I think he is more reoccurring than Dr. Doom.

hadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 07:34 AM   #13
hadi
Side-Kick

cough Excuse me I was gonna say that, "That is not to say that Dr. Doom... " is powerful because Victor is one of the smartest men alive on earth.

Old 07-24-2013, 07:46 AM   #14
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hadi View Post
Thanos is the 5th strongest and most powerful character in the MCU (with infinity gauntlet). That is not to say that Dr. Doom

Also... He is a key character because he ties the Avengers with the Guardians of the Galaxy.

Dr. Doom or Victor Von Doom is more of a FF character.

Dr. Doom is a global threat. Thanos is a galactic threat.

Besides they are using Ultron for Avengers 2. I think he is more reoccurring than Dr. Doom.
Who are the other 4?

Old 07-24-2013, 07:56 AM   #15
hadi
Side-Kick

The-Above-All, The Beyonder, The living Tribunal, and Nemisis.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #16
hadi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Who are the other 4?
Would you agree?

Old 07-24-2013, 08:11 AM   #17
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Would you agree?
I would just like who are the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe

Old 07-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #18
hadi
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would just like who are the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe

They're a lot, they are mostly cosmic though. It's stupid crazy...

And It's like i just have to know who these people or "beings" are.

Old 07-24-2013, 08:52 AM   #19
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
The-Above-All, The Beyonder, The living Tribunal, and Nemisis.
Didn't he beat the last 3 in The Infinity Gauntlet? It's been a while since I've read it so I'm not sure.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:01 AM   #20
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
They're a lot, they are mostly cosmic though. It's stupid crazy...

And It's like i just have to know who these people or "beings" are.
Didn't see your previous answer.

Old 07-24-2013, 09:39 AM   #21
hadi
Side-Kick

Well Nemesis is actually the Gems combined to embody a being. But I dont think he beat them, in fact when Adam Warlock took the infinity gauntlet from Thanos for a brief time he was running through space. The Living Tribunal thought Adam wasnt worthy of these "godlike" powers and took the Gauntlet from him then scattered the gems across the universe.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:22 AM   #22
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
FOX holds the 2 most important villain of Marvel: Dr. Doom and Galactus

Thanos as a threat is possibly the biggest, but he's certainly not the most important is he? In all these years he hasn't had that many appearance. After him, if they can't work with Fox or get the rights back i suggest the Masters of Evil (with a different name, probably as the Liberators where different countries find America a threat) and Kang, who could be a great threat due to time travel.

There are still other threats to take from, and they can allways reuse some if there's a good story to be told.
Pretty much. Everyone here is saying Thanos is more powerful and the bigger threat, but that's not really my point. The better villain =/= the most powerful. As I said in the OP, Doom is a far more personal villain than Thanos and has a far lengthier history of plotting and masterminding. He's the perfect follow up to Thanos. Go from biggest to most personal.

And Galactus doesn't work as a long term villain because he doesn't have a lot of depth. He comes and eats your world....that's nice for a movie but you can't really use that as something to build multiple movies around in and of itself. Like I said, most powerful =/= better villain.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:28 AM   #23
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
So I see a lot of people say, ever since Thanos was revealed at the end of Avengers, that he is the "baddest of the badies" in the Marvel Universe and there's really nowhere to go after him....but that's not true. The REAL biggest badass in the Marvel U is Doom...which people are overlooking. Yeah he's with the FF, but if Fox effs up and the rights revert back to Marvel, that's where you go from Thanos. Doom.
The threat level is immaterial. The only thing that needs to be elevated with each installment of the Avengers (or any franchise) is the quality of the story. The Biggest of Big Bads doesn't always (and in fact rarely does) translate to the best stories. You could have Thanos in one Avenger movie, and HypnoHustler in the sequel, and as long as it's a fascinating story, audiences will still embrace it.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #24
hadi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Pretty much. Everyone here is saying Thanos is more powerful and the bigger threat, but that's not really my point. The better villain =/= the most powerful. As I said in the OP, Doom is a far more personal villain than Thanos and has a far lengthier history of plotting and masterminding. He's the perfect follow up to Thanos. Go from biggest to most personal.

And Galactus doesn't work as a long term villain because he doesn't have a lot of depth. He comes and eats your world....that's nice for a movie but you can't really use that as something to build multiple movies around in and of itself. Like I said, most powerful =/= better villain.

Thanos Ties in GotG with Avengers... he is way better than Dr. Doom lol.

Dr. Doom is not an Avenger villain he is more FF like Ultron is not an Ant-man villain he is more Avenger.

Sir this is Avenger 3 we are talking about, if they would have used Dr. Doom then it would have been a good choice for Avengers 2. but the better choice is Ultron.

Old 07-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #25
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Tying in Guardians of the Galaxy doesn't make Thanos better.

And Doom is a MARVEL UNIVERSE villain, not just a FF villain. He's had many a run in with the Avengers and beyond, he gives everyone hell. He's just most closely associated with the FF, but he's a villain for everyone. Doom could tie the FF and Avengers together in a Phase IV if Marvel gets the rights back. Not to mention bringing in Latveria which creates a whole new layer to work with. Like I said Doom is the most personal Marvel villain because he's as dangerous and cunning as Thanos but actually lives on Earth and is human just like everyone else.

And I'm not talking about Avengers 3, obviously as they don't have the rights back yet. I'm talking about beyond. Read the OP. And you're really disrespecting Doom or don't know much about the character if you think he's the same level as Ultron and can just act as a follow up sequel villain to Thanos. I'm assuming most of your contact with the character comes through the FF movies or the CN cartoon or something. Make no mistake, if he's not higher then Doom is on the same level as Thanos as a villain...and honestly he's higher.

Last edited by Mr. Dent; 07-24-2013 at 10:59 AM.