WB for "Batman Vs Superman" 5 9.26%
Fox for "Fantastic Four" 43 79.63%
Marvel for "Ant Man" 6 11.11%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Studio with the worst casting decisions for upcoming movies

Seems like a lot of unconventional casting choices lately.Just thought we could boil it down to which is the worst.

We have:

WB for Batman vs Superman (Affleck,Godot,Eisenberg)

Fox for the Fantastic Four cast (Jordan,Teller,Mara)

Marvel for Ant Man (Michael Douglas,Paul Rudd)

Old 02-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #2
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Studio with the worst casting decisions for upcoming movies

I'm not familiar with Ant Man but after Eisenberg as Luthor I think the Fantastic Fou is just about the worst I've seen. It doesn't mean they'll suck or the movie won't be good. We're judging here just the cast.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:19 PM   #3
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

We havn't got offical casting yet for FF lol.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Green Goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #4
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
We havn't got offical casting yet for FF lol.
Yes we do lol.

Old 02-25-2014, 04:36 PM   #5
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

If the cast of Fantastic Four is indeed the final cast, I will be very disappointed and it will clearly be the worst. They will be changing the characters, not just the actors.

I'm not excited about Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, but at least he's a very talented actor and has the chance to make it happen. Ben Affleck as Batman isn't who I wanted (Anson Mount), but Affleck is a smart, talented actor and has done some amazing works (and some bad ones, yes). Bottom line, those two have firm talent that can make something great happen.

Michael B. Jordan is good, but I'm not 100% sold on him. Miles Teller annoys the living mess out of me. Kate Mara is ok, but I don't see Sue. Jamie Bell as The Thing confuses me. Not to mention the age issues I have with this movie. They're too young (with the exception of Jordan). I wanted to see a veteran pilot and a world-renowned genius. IMO, that's far from what we're getting.

And with Josh Trank directing, it just sounds like this is buddies getting together to make a movie. I'll be surprised if it's much different from This Is The End or Anchorman.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 04:38 PM   #6
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Yes we do lol.
Quote:
If the deal comes together, Miles Teller would play Reed Richards (Mr. Fantastic) with Kate Mara taking on the role of Sue Storm (The Invisible Woman). Michael B. Jordan will portray Johnny Storm (The Human Torch) and Jamie Bell will tackle the role of Ben Grimm (The Thing), although no official offer is on the table as of yet.
Yes, it's all but finalized, but to me, that "if" says it's not final yet.

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:44 AM   #7
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

I have doubts about Eisenberg, but am hopeful, because he's got the talent to pull it
off if the character is written and directed properly.

Affleck, got some doubts there too, but he also has the talent and potential to make
it work

Gadot........big doubts there, because not only is she completely different in terms of
looks (say what you want but look matters, Henry Cavill looks something like Superman, and you could see that before all the weight training). Much more
importantly, I don't think she has the acting chops to pull off DC greatest ever
superheroine.

However, an even less likely bunch were cast as the FF, so I had to pick Fox.

It's almost like they're making a film that has some elements of the comic, but
otherwise has nothing to do with it (kind of like the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen film had nothing to do with the comic) I could have gone for Jamie Bell as a youngish Mr. Fantastic, but the Thing ?????

I'm not convinced enough about any of the cast that they'll suit the roles, but I've been wrong before, who knows.

I'd have to say that I'd feel a safer bet was WB for BM v SM. IMO.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:44 AM   #8
Rorschach2012
$

The only actor that really seems like he might be a problem is Jamie Bell as The Thing.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 02:40 AM   #9
smallville fan
Hero

I think BvS is fine mostly (although 50/50 about Eisenberg), Fantastic Four and Ant - Man is what we should be worried about.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:53 AM   #10
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

I'm going with the unconventional choice of Marvel.To which more is given,more is expected.Marvel is doing the same "blank check" approach with Wright as Fox is doing with Trank,only no one gives a flying fig newton about Hank Pym.But Marvel should know better at this point.

But,we pretty much expected this from Fox.When the dust clears,FF's going home.

WB,who knows?It's always a coin toss with them.I'm guessing it'll probably amount to some level of mediocrity.

Old 02-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #11
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

All are choice inaccurate to the source. Anyone's guess how they'll turn out on screen at this point in time.

I liked Man of Steel and am not a big DC guy so of the three that is the least one I'm worried about.

The F4 cast are reported to be good actors and it has a good director and the studio hasn't made a bad superhero movie in half a decade so I'm not concerned with that until we get news (official) of the story and approach.

Never an Ant-Man fan and don't like superhero movies with too much comedy, given that the director is mostly a comedic director and Paul Rudd (comedic actor) is the lead I don't see it as something I'll check out for a while.

Unlike the other castings I just can't see Rudd or Douglas as a superhero

Quote:
Marvel is doing the same "blank check" approach with Wright as Fox is doing with Trank.
How do you mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Michael B. Jordan is good, but I'm not 100% sold on him. Miles Teller annoys the living mess out of me. Kate Mara is ok, but I don't see Sue. Jamie Bell as The Thing confuses me. Not to mention the age issues I have with this movie. They're too young (with the exception of Jordan) .
Actually they're too old. In the comic from which the movie is based they are in their early twenties. The actors are in their late twenties.

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 02-26-2014 at 09:54 AM.
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 04:48 AM   #12
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
How do you mean?
They're just letting Wright do whatever he wants.Pym will be 70 and not the Ant Man in the Avengers films.Wasp (by default) is also ruined by this.

Old 02-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #13
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

None of these seem bad to me...

so...ScarJo as Black Widow

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-26-2014 at 08:26 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:11 AM   #14
metaphysician
Side-Kick

That's not a "casting problem", that's you disagreeing with the underlying concept.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #15
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmannerism View Post
Gadot........big doubts there, because not only is she completely different in terms of looks (say what you want but look matters, Henry Cavill looks something like Superman, and you could see that before all the weight training). Much more
importantly, I don't think she has the acting chops to pull off DC greatest ever
superheroine.
I don't think that Gadot is completely different in terms of look, as far as her acting abilities go, you have to remember that Lynda Carter was a beauty queen and a model before she got the WW role, at least Gadot has payed some small parts in few movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
The only actor that really seems like he might be a problem is Jamie Bell as The Thing.
Actually, Jamie Bell as The Thing is the least worrisome aspect of the new FF casting, he is the safest bet.

As Jaime Bell has to become The Thing which would require mocap, something that Jamie Bell is very good at (he trained under Serkis for Tintin movie.) plus isd is a good actor too.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 02-26-2014 at 10:14 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 10:52 AM   #16
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Tough choice between two of them. Don't know why Ant-Man is on there tbh. Marvel have great casting (for films at least, AOS... urgh)

Old 02-26-2014, 05:52 PM   #17
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

You guys are quibbling.If Trank cast's a woman as Doom it's both a bad concept/casting choice,like Ant Man being cast with a 70 y/o.

Old 02-26-2014, 06:04 PM   #18
PalmerTheThing
Pilot for US POST #31

Quote:
You guys are quibbling.If Trank cast's a woman as Doom it's both a bad concept/casting choice,like Ant Man being cast with a 70 y/o.
Disagreed.

You cast a woman as Iron Man and the internet would explode inside out.

You cast a 70 year old man as Iron Man, and I would love for you to try to find a demographic who would prefer the Female Iron Man over the 70 year old Iron Man.

Even though not accurate, we will have to wait and see how it turns out. Michael is super a respectful actor, leagues above most of all the other actors listed in this thread.

PalmerTheThing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 09:50 PM   #19
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Its also *not* "not accurate", except in the sense that Hank Pym's adventures don't happen to be set today. You don't have a 70 year old Ant-Man, you have a 20 year old Ant-Man, in the 60s. Two very different things.

metaphysician is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #20
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

It's not accurate in depicting a member of the Avengers as an entirely different generation than the other members.I don't know why this is so tough a concept to grasp.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:42 AM   #21
Batmannerism
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I don't think that Gadot is completely different in terms of look, as far as her acting abilities go, you have to remember that Lynda Carter was a beauty queen and a model before she got the WW role, at least Gadot has payed some small parts in few movies.
Yeah, fair point, but Lynda Carter was WW at a time when cheesy TV shows were the norm, and she could get by just on her incredible good looks (trust me, I was a kid in the 70's and no boy I know of watched WW
for any other reason). Gadot has a MUCH bigger ask, she has to create the character, on the big screen (for the first time) and do so in a way that
connects with modern audiences (who are a hell of a lot more demanding than those who watched WW on TV).

Even if she could pull off the look, I still don't think she has the acting talent/skills to carry of such a big role - and I've seen her in the FnF films.
Hopefully, she'll surprise me, but I'm not counting on it.

Quote:
Actually, Jamie Bell as The Thing is the least worrisome aspect of the new FF casting, he is the safest bet.

As Jaime Bell has to become The Thing which would require mocap, something that Jamie Bell is very good at (he trained under Serkis for Tintin movie.) plus isd is a good actor too.
Very true, Jamie Bell is a very, very good actor.

However, Ben Grimm is a rough and tumble, cigar-chomping, Jewish- American tough-guy who grew up in a tough neighbourhood.

Michael Chiklis got his mannerisms perfectly, say what you want about the FF films, but you can't say that Chiklis wasn't a great Thing, (and I thought Chris Evans was waaayyyy better as the Human Torch than as Captain America).

Jamie Bell actually looks like Tintin, and his British accent isn't out of place
in the film (although Tintin is Belgian). He probably has the talent to pull
off the Thing, but it's a big stretch - whereas there are plenty of actors who wouldn't be as hard to believe (especially when you consider that we'll have to meet Ben Grimm before he becomes the Thing - and Bell doesn't even look remotely like him ).

Now I'm sure Bell can pull off an American accent (possibly even a convincing NYC accent) but I stick by my earlier comment that it's as if the studio is calling the film Fantastic Four, and giving the characters the same names and super-powers as the comic, but other than that it's got nothing to do with the comics.

The other actors ? Bell's the only one I've seen much of (besides Kate Mara on TV), can they pull it off, I really don't know. I actually thought Gruffud was a pretty good mr Fantastic, Jessica Alba was hot - but tough to believe as a scientist.

I guess, my point is, sure Bell could probably do it, (he's got the talent and skills) but it's such a stretch, why not pick an actor who actually is
a bit more like Ben Grimm in the first place ? ( especially if the Thing is
mostly motion capture ).

- As for Rudd, if he's playing the "irredeemable" Ant-Man, then he'll be fine, because the character is a a slacker, womanizer, and all-around douche-bag. I have no doubts he can pull that off.

btw- Andy Serkis is awesome, I worked as an extra on the 2nd unit of the Hobbit, he was the 2nd unit director, and the nicest guy in the world. He was great to everybody, even us extras.

Batmannerism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:01 AM   #22
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

As of right now, this is how I feel

Superman vs Batman
Ben Affleck is the worst casting.
Unsure on Gadot but hers doesn't feel as negative as Affleck's. Eisenberg and Irons are great additions, and the MoS cast returning is the best.

Fantastic Four
Miles Teller is the worst casting. I've said my reasons why in the thread, he's the weakest link. Jordan and Mara will be just fine, and I honestly feel like Bell will knock it out of the park. If female Doom happens, that will be the worst casting, til then, Teller is the worst.

Ant-Man

Part of me says Michael Douglas is the worst cast, simply because I never envisioned Hank Pym as an old, old man. He's a fine actor, and I can see him as an aged superhero, but it's just not what I was hoping for. Paul Rudd as Scott Lang works I guess, I was hoping for someone his age range to be Hank Pym. Evangeline Lilly is alright. And I still love the rumored actresses for the other female role. Plus I trust Edgar Wright; he's the only director to have made me like Michael Cera in a role.

Majik1387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:06 AM   #23
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I feel that Fox has made a mistake by rebooting the FF franchise, they should have continued with the old cast (that is, they should have made a FF 3 movie before Chris Evans got the role of Captain America)

Ioan Gruffudd was believable as Mr. Fantastic, Chirs Evan was great as human Torch, Michael Chiklis was also great as The Thing and Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom was not bad either.

Jessica Alba was just alright as Sue Storm maybe, they should have recast her and made FF 3.

New writers and a new director was all that this franchise really needed.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 02-27-2014 at 04:12 AM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I feel that Fox has made a mistake by rebooting the FF franchise, they should have continued with the old cast (that is, they should have made a FF 3 movie before Chris Evans got the role of Captain America)

Ioan Gruffudd was believable as Mr. Fantastic, Chirs Evan was great as human Torch, Michael Chiklis was also great as The Thing and Julian McMahon as Dr. Doom was not bad either.

Jessica Alba was just alright as Sue Storm maybe, they should have recast her and made FF 3.

New writers and a new director was all that this franchise really needed.
Agreed.

I really wasn't even that bothered by Alba.The most distracting thing was the bizarre contacts/wig for ROTSS.Someone really dropped the ball there.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:18 AM   #25
C_Carmichael
Nerd Herder

I went with Fantastic Four.

While I am apprehensive about the Affleck casting for Batman, at least he has legit star power to draw in the General Audience. People know his name, and will go and see the film on his name at least.

I have never heard of any of the F4 actors/actress, and how does Sue Storm have a black brother? It's not a race thing for me, but are they going to have Johnny Storm be adopted or something? If they would have cast like a half-Caucasian, half-black actor, maybe it could be believeable based on Ma and Pa Storm being an interacial couple, but from the pictures I've seen...they are black and white, and therefore, the genetics of it just doesn't work.

C_Carmichael is offline   Reply With Quote