The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #376
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Begins move was due to the pending competition.
Most films, like ASM, get released earlier in a week for similar reasons. Not all films but many. Notice HP7/Avengers/TDK/TDKR friday openings.
I do. However, WB released HP5 and HP6 on Wednesday. The franchise was critic-proof by then, and they didn't need to move earlier in the week due to competition.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-23-2013, 12:04 PM   #377
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I'm glad to see they've got the film pretty much wrapped up with months still to go, that gives them plenty of time to tweak effects and make any other small adjustments which test audiences may pick up on. I've heard of some directors literally finishing the film off a half hour before it goes to reel and not even getting time to see their finished product in it's totality, so it will be nice to have a Superman film that wasn't a rush job at the end.

You are correct, and as an example...

The Avengers were still filming/shooting additional scenes even after it had Premiered and long after receiving it's rating. It Premiered on April 11th, scene's were still being shot on April 13th, and the final theatrical cut was released on April 26th over sea's and May 4th in the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1423185.html

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 01-23-2013, 12:13 PM   #378
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
You are correct, and as an example...

The Avengers were still filming/shooting additional scenes even after it had Premiered and long after receiving it's rating. It Premiered on April 11th, scene's were still being shot on April 13th, and the final theatrical cut was released on April 26th over sea's and May 4th in the U.S.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1423185.html

Yeah, but the only thing they shot after the premiere was the shawarma thing for after the credits.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #379
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

You know it out on June 14th well does that rule out advanced screenings?

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #380
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HankTheTurtle View Post
Yeah, but the only thing they shot after the premiere was the shawarma thing for after the credits.

I have read of this with multiple movie's actually adding scene's after being rated, and this is what confusses me.

If additional scenes are shot, or certain scenes are added, I doubt the movie board would have to re-review the entire movie again (as one poster stated pages back). If you are correct that the Avengers only added this one scene, I would believe the ratings board would only have to view this one scene and ok it? Cause no matter how innocent the scene is, it still has to get the Ok.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
Old 01-23-2013, 12:46 PM   #381
Vagosnati
Vag-El

did you read this mates?
http://comicbook.com/blog/2013/01/23...ains-revealed/says about two new villains

Old 01-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #382
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I can dream, can't I?
Sure. And I would probably join you in that dream but WB pretty much turned me into a pessimist when it comes to all things MOS (minus the quality of the film itself).

Old 01-23-2013, 12:53 PM   #383
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Sure. And I would probably join you in that dream but WB pretty much turned me into a pessimist when it comes to all things MOS (minus the quality of the film itself).
Why?

What exactly have they done to turn you into a pessimist? Everything is going according to plan.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #384
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
Why?

What exactly have they done to turn you into a pessimist? Everything is going according to plan.
Hey can't a man be a pessimist without explanation?

Well, BB-style-only-worse-marketing so far; the lame teaser (I like it but it was far from great or effective), lame posters (second blurry poster), no stills (less than 5 months out and only 3 stills) + lame stills (Superman looking Twilight and Superman arrested - seen that before) , no SB spot, non-optimal release date, etc. But hey, that's just me, your mileage may vary. In my eyes it could be going much better.

Should I now rant about the pretentious (overly self important) tone, dark color scheme, dark suit, depressed Supes and lame dialogue? Nah, I'll wait until I see the full product.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #385
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:

Well, BB-style-only-worse-marketing so far; the lame teaser (I like it but it was far from great or effective), lame posters (second blurry poster), no stills (less than 5 months out and only 3 stills) + lame stills (Superman looking Twilight and Superman arrested - seen that before) , no SB spot, non-optimal release date, etc. But hey, that's just me, your mileage may vary. In my eyes it could be going much better.

Should I now rant about the pretentious (overly self important) tone, dark color scheme, dark suit, depressed Supes and lame dialogue? Nah, I'll wait until I see the full product.
The marketing is hitting all the beats that TDKR hit quite frankly... while being a tad more restrained, if only to test the waters with the public.

It's not easy to reintegrate Superman to the modern public and right now... less is more.

Everything is a matter of waiting and hoping it all comes together.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 01-23-2013, 01:22 PM   #386
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

So have we not seen photos of Black Zero and the Zod battle suit from the toy convention?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:24 PM   #387
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
The marketing is hitting all the beats that TDKR hit quite frankly... while being a tad more restrained, if only to test the waters with the public.

It's not easy to reintegrate Superman to the modern public and right now... less is more.

Everything is a matter of waiting and hoping it all comes together.
Restraint is the key ingredient in their marketing so far.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
So have we not seen photos of Black Zero and the Zod battle suit from the toy convention?
No, no pics yet. I've been searching for some and no luck yet.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:37 PM   #388
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

When is the toy convention?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:48 PM   #389
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Any info on what kinda toys we're looking at here? Movie-accurate or bobbing heads, lego etc?

Old 01-23-2013, 01:50 PM   #390
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Any info on what kinda toys we're looking at here? Movie-accurate or bobbing heads, lego etc?
I hope there is bobbing heads I wouldn't mind getting one of those

Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #391
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
There's Hot Toys and Lego info in the merch thread.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:53 PM   #392
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I hope there is bobbing heads I wouldn't mind getting one of those
I'll ****ing pass on that.

I wanna see the real thing here. I guess the recent Superman-statue might be an indication. Or maybe it doesnt fall under the toy-category.

Old 01-23-2013, 01:55 PM   #393
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
There's Hot Toys and Lego info in the merch thread.
Right. Thanx, man.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:55 PM   #394
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I do. However, WB released HP5 and HP6 on Wednesday. The franchise was critic-proof by then, and they didn't need to move earlier in the week due to competition.
Not a matter of critics, it's more BO figures I was referring to. I don't recall HP's giving that 3day number a run till those last two.

Either way my point is if a studio thinks the film has a good shot at a 3day worth attaining they will go for it, which is a sign of confidence. Obviously there are other factors involved.
I do remember the Tues opening for ASM being very much influenced by this situation. I believe Begins as well.

Old 01-23-2013, 02:56 PM   #395
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:

I liked the teaser and the look of the movie but I agree that the marketing has been lackluster. Maybe that won't matter to the movie box office wise but it's rare that it doesn't matter. I'm not even asking for some blitz because it's too early for that but an actual photo of Zod and crew would be nice. If there isn't a picture of the vilian in say at the latest the first part of March I'm going to officially question if a Cat is running Warners.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #396
Zionite1
Side-Kick

So guys.....

MOS 1 will be loosely based on supermans origin comics(Man of steel,Birthright,secret origin,earth one) since it marks the beginning
Following tht logic MOS 3 will be based on Superman Ending comics ( All star and Death of superman.since it marks the end)

So what comics do you think MOS 2 will/should be based on since its the middle part

Old 01-23-2013, 03:05 PM   #397
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
So guys.....

MOS 1 will be loosely based on supermans origin comics(Man of steel,Birthright,secret origin,earth one) since it marks the beginning
Following tht logic MOS 3 will be based on Superman Ending comics ( All star and Death of superman.since it marks the end)

So what comics do you think MOS 2 will/should be based on since its the middle part

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #398
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
So guys.....

That logic only really follows with Chris Nolan's logic, that a definitive ending is needed.

Personally, I would use:

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
Superman: Brainiac
Superman: Secret Origin (Metallo)
Reign of the Supermen (Eradicator, Superboy creation)

Old 01-23-2013, 03:35 PM   #399
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Son of-you gave me a fright
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
That logic only really follows with Chris Nolan's logic, that a definitive ending is needed.

Personally, I would use:

Lex Luthor: Man of Steel
Superman: Brainiac
Superman: Secret Origin (Metallo)
Reign of the Supermen (Eradicator, Superboy creation)
We are without a doubt getting Nolan logic with MOS.
Reign of the superman are After Superman death storylines cant see how that would work.HATE secret origin. Superman Braniac is alrigth but i cant see the appeal of tat storyline-strikes me as another straigtup alien ivasion. Lexluthor man of steel is awesome though

Old 01-23-2013, 03:50 PM   #400
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
The lego minimates weren't actually at the show only the sets but attendees were guided through the lego booth by a rep so no photos could be taken. They also didn't reveal any of the names for the sets just the item numbers and photos of what the minimates should look like. Also it the "Superman Escapes Black Zero" is supposed to come with an exclusive Lois Lane and different version of Superman and General Zod in his armor.

Nobody has mentioned anything from Mattel etc but then they might be waiting for the NY Toy Fair in a couple of weeks.

Closed Thread