The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 04:22 PM   #401
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Going back to the topic of toys. Anyone notice how Zod is in this picture over on the right?
Looks just like Superman but all black.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 01-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #402
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

There are 4 action figures in the photo. One of supermans classic suit, two in black, one in red.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:46 PM   #403
kal-el1990
Side-Kick

Just seems more likely to me that the black one is more likley Zod as it has no other colours at all and is the exact same suit we have seen photos of.

May not be but just seems more likely to me!

Old 01-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #404
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

*Comes in to check and see if there are any spoilers*

*Sees that there are no spoilers or new pictures*

Old 01-23-2013, 05:30 PM   #405
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
*Comes in to check and see if there are any spoilers*

*Sees that there are no spoilers or new pictures*

Haha this is me aswell. The amount of times I refresh this board in a day is ridiculous. Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way

Old 01-23-2013, 07:08 PM   #406
protocida
Side-Kick

Well, there were those IMDB spoilers.

Old 01-23-2013, 07:43 PM   #407
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

ZZZZZ i'm tired of having no news to discuss.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:05 PM   #408
Simo
Side-Kick

Posted? Bleeding Cool seems to have word that the 3rd trailer and most of WB's marketing campaign is going to focus heavily on the action and destruction that warranted the PG-13 rating:
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...arn-its-pg-13/
Quote:
There are beats of huge, superpowered action in the film, most of them built around Kryptonian vs. Kryptonian conflict. Trucks will be ‘pulled’ about like… erm… toy trucks. Buildings will be smashed like Lego.

When a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with a Kryptonian, things get smashed up. But how about when a Kryptonian gets into a brawl with several Kryptonians… in a built up area?

Those aren’t buildings any more, they’re crash mats. They’re weapons.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #409
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Posted? Bleeding Cool seems to have word that the 3rd trailer and most of WB's marketing campaign is going to focus heavily on the action and destruction that warranted the PG-13 rating:
Now this is what I wanna hear!

Old 01-23-2013, 08:20 PM   #410
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Second time we've heard about buildings being used as weapons.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #411
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

That news just gets me revved up!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:32 PM   #412
gkokujin
Side-Kick

i don't know what to do with my excitement on this...

a Superman movie where Superman PUNCHES another Person and things other than rocks and landmasses are destroyed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #413
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
OMG
As if i couldn't get more excited. *takes several deeps breaths* lol

Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM   #414
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Hey can't a man be a pessimist without explanation?

Well, BB-style-only-worse-marketing so far; the lame teaser (I like it but it was far from great or effective), lame posters (second blurry poster), no stills (less than 5 months out and only 3 stills) + lame stills (Superman looking Twilight and Superman arrested - seen that before) , no SB spot, non-optimal release date, etc. But hey, that's just me, your mileage may vary. In my eyes it could be going much better.

Should I now rant about the pretentious (overly self important) tone, dark color scheme, dark suit, depressed Supes and lame dialogue? Nah, I'll wait until I see the full product.
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

For me the marketing has been, and I really mean this: flawless. I can't think of a single other film that I've been this hopeful for and then every piece of material they've released from it has actually ramped up my expectations of the film.

I expected a Snyder film in the vein of 300 and Sucker Punch. I expected it to be brash, light, and 'cool', with slow-mo CGI. Then I saw the teaser and words can't explain how quickly I did a double-take. No, this film is going to be reverent and respectful and the film has raw footage of nature that looks stunning.

Time passed and I expected the trailer to really just abort that real-world look and show that it's more like the Avengers. Nope, the first half of the trailer is still holding onto that tone, and the second half of the trailer heightened my expectations of the film again.

The posters are great to me. The first one looks like an Alex Ross painting with Cavills face in shadow. The second one really stands out at the cinema and it's got everything: a nice big full-body shot of Superman as the center, and then around him you've got this juxtaposition of the army holding him captive. This does force questions into people's minds, even people that don't care. That's a sign of good marketing.

As to your concerns about the film. The dark self-important tone is a worry, but only cause they are aiming for it, if they can pull it off it will be amazing. Which dialogue is it that you don't like? I don't think there's any particularly bad dialogue we've heard yet, and the Jor-El lines we've heard I'd even call 'great'.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:59 PM   #415
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
Different strokes for different folks I guess.

For me the marketing has been, and I really mean this: flawless. I can't think of a single other film that I've been this hopeful for and then every piece of material they've released from it has actually ramped up my expectations of the film.

I expected a Snyder film in the vein of 300 and Sucker Punch. I expected it to be brash, light, and 'cool', with slow-mo CGI. Then I saw the teaser and words can't explain how quickly I did a double-take. No, this film is going to be reverent and respectful and the film has raw footage of nature that looks stunning.

Time passed and I expected the trailer to really just abort that real-world look and show that it's more like the Avengers. Nope, the first half of the trailer is still holding onto that tone, and the second half of the trailer heightened my expectations of the film again.

The posters are great to me. The first one looks like an Alex Ross painting with Cavills face in shadow. The second one really stands out at the cinema and it's got everything: a nice big full-body shot of Superman as the center, and then around him you've got this juxtaposition of the army holding him captive. This does force questions into people's minds, even people that don't care. That's a sign of good marketing.

As to your concerns about the film. The dark self-important tone is a worry, but only cause they are aiming for it, if they can pull it off it will be amazing. Which dialogue is it that you don't like? I don't think there's any particularly bad dialogue we've heard yet, and the Jor-El lines we've heard I'd even call 'great'.
Agreed. The word i would use is mature. I was taken back how mature the teaser trailer felt, nothing like Zack had captured on film. I truly think Zack stepped up his game, as he should of, it's ****ing Superman.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:39 PM   #416
X Knight
Saber Class

Quote:
My body is ready............my mind is not.............

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #417
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Mother of God.Just how many Kryptonians is Kal going up against!I mean its cool that well get a lot of action but Im worried that having so many kryptoninas means well be a lot of kicking-supermans-ass scenes and that will utterly depressin.Superman should kick ass not the other way around.
I think that's the point of having so many Kryptonian adversaries. What better way to show one of the reasons why Superman is Earth's greatest hero by having him whoop four Kryptonian asses.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:21 PM   #418
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
I hope their marketing doesn't spoil the action too much.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #419
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Just saw the classification details.

Intense sequences of sci-fi violence, action and destruction sounds cool, yo.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 01-23-2013, 10:37 PM   #420
sup101
Side-Kick

It's going to be more then 4 Kryptonians.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:46 PM   #421
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

How is this film STILL less than 5 months away ?!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 PM   #422
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
How is this film STILL less than 5 months away ?!
I can't believe it either. The movie's practically finished, save for final sound mixing and score recording... but it's still months away.

I bet money that if Iron Man 3 or Star Trek: Into Darkness happen to be delayed for any reason (which is a long shot), WB would definitely slot MOS in either date.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 01-23-2013, 11:41 PM   #423
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclay18 View Post
I can't believe it either. The movie's practically finished, save for final sound mixing and score recording... but it's still months away.

I bet money that if Iron Man 3 or Star Trek: Into Darkness happen to be delayed for any reason (which is a long shot), WB would definitely slot MOS in either date.
Hell; Iron Man 3 is still filming for crying out loud.lol

MOS has definitely had the luxury that most big scaled films of its level and genre haven't really had: time, which in the case of Snyder, only helps it because Snyder from what i hear loves to use his visual craft even more during post production.

Old 01-24-2013, 02:57 AM   #424
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Hell; Iron Man 3 is still filming for crying out loud.lol

MOS has definitely had the luxury that most big scaled films of its level and genre haven't really had: time, which in the case of Snyder, only helps it because Snyder from what i hear loves to use his visual craft even more during post production.
Snyder is Michelangelo and MOS is his Sistine Chapel ceiling.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:38 AM   #425
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

With the shot of Superman coughing up blood I'm not surprised at its PG-13 rating.

Does anyone know if Bleeding cool are a reliable site?

Closed Thread