The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #476
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

My problem with the JL-movie is NOT the reverse Marvel-model. Imo that's an interesting, although bold move. The problem is everything else more or less.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:16 PM   #477
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Well it’s nice to know that we’re not entirely alone.lol

Unlike the build up to “The Avengers”, where each solo film served its purpose on getting audiences invested in each hero, the “Justice League” film doesn’t have that luxury.

Sure, it’s sound great on paper and perhaps even in visual to see these heroes interact with each other for the first time, let alone to see their dynamics with each other. However, the biggest problem here is that Warner Bros. didn’t take the time to get audiences invested in these characters; to make people believe that most of these actors could actually pull off playing their roles with excellence.

By the time you saw Iron Man, Thor, and Captain America interacting with each other for the first time; you were actually excited to see these guys meet each other because Marvel were able to mainly convince fans and audiences that these guys were actually these larger than life characters when they were shown on the big screen.

However, with “Justice League”, why would I be excited in seeing Henry’s Superman meet a bunch of heroes that I only know in terms of their fame from the comics? If I don’t know anything about the portrayals of the other heroes beforehand, then there’s really no reason for me to be excited to see Superman meet these guys, especially if they end up being duds on screen when the final product is released.

Frankly, like others have mentioned, the best way to go about this is by having the events of “Justice League” take place after the events of Man of Steel’s Trilogy.

A good example of why this would work so well is pretty much how the events of “Justice League” and “Justice League Unlimited” took place after the events of “Superman: The Animated Series”.

It was established in JLU that these heroes were around during the time when Superman was going solo, but given that they didn’t gather together back then, it allowed opportunities that likes of Brainiac and Darkseid to unleash some serious stuff on Earth, where Superman was allowed to face those threats alone, thus enabling the character to be placed in situations where he could be pushed to his limits without people having to ask “Why isn’t the Justice League there?”
This would definitely be preferable, it's just what if MOS3 is a definitive end for the character akin to All-Star and TDKR.

Old 01-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #478
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well, that would only be an issue if they did plan on going that route. Personally, I could see the third film ending with a promise that Superman’s actions on Earth will lead to the Golden Age of peace that is shown during the era of the Legion of Superheroes, where his heroics inspired other aliens to come to Earth and help everyone like he did, let alone where humanity in general were able to learn to trust and accept Aliens on the planet as well, since that especially seems to be a theme that will be played in MOS.

Plus, I’m more worried on losing the likes of Amy Adams and other award winning actors who are playing characters that are likely to return in future installments of Superman films because of this JLA fiasco.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #479
Charlus
Banned User

It all comes down to MoS. If this movie flops, no JLM at all, and the haters saying "See ya, I told you JLM it´s a waste of time"; if the contrary, we will see a lot of people climbing on the wagon.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:02 PM   #480
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

JLM?

a

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:06 PM   #481
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Justice League of Morocco.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:14 PM   #482
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Oh New Live-Action MOS Pictures...Oh New and Legit Spoilers of MOS...

Where are thou?

haha

Old 01-24-2013, 07:39 PM   #483
Charlus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
JLM?

a
Justice League Movie

I highly doubt the movie will call itself Justice League "of America"... tbh

Last edited by Charlus; 01-24-2013 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #484
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Justice League: Mortal.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:02 PM   #485
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Justice League: Mortal.
Never liked that name, to be honest.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:31 PM   #486
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If Tor-An is indeed a character that will be in this film, let alone on Earth with Zod and Co., I wonder how the hell Superman will be able to fight them without an entire city being destroyed in the process; let alone surviving the fight.

I mean you have Superman who, I believe is safe to say, hasn't had any real experiences when it comes to using his powers in a offensive way against beings like himself, and is up against a Kryptonian General with advance Alien weapons; a Kryptonian femme fatale, and now another one? Not to mention a the possibility of a few robots added to the mix. And they say that the Avengers had it rough with their odds.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:32 PM   #487
batman44
Go Speed GO

Jon Schnepp to make a documentary movie about Tim Burton's failed Superman movie
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/...superman-movie

<< Romans 1:16 >> For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:38 PM   #488
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Justice League: I Guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman44 View Post
Jon Schnepp to make a documentary movie about Tim Burton's failed Superman movie
Quote:
Here is a snapshot: Tim Burton directs Nicolas Cage as Superman from a script by Kevin Smith that features rainbow robot outfits, Brainiac Skull ships, Superman not "flying" but fighting a giant spider and polar bears guarding the Fortress of Solitude.
Oscar winning plot.

Old 01-24-2013, 09:47 PM   #489
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
I would watch it, looks pretty interesting to me.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-24-2013, 09:50 PM   #490
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
If Tor-An is indeed a character that will be in this film, let alone on Earth with Zod and Co., I wonder how the hell Superman will be able to fight them without an entire city being destroyed in the process; let alone surviving the fight.
Personally, "because he's Superman" is a good enough answer for me.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:56 PM   #491
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM   #492
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
We are getting a Superman movie where Superman punches people. hallelujah

Old 01-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #493
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Umm...

[clears throat]

hrmph...

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 PM   #494
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
i would definitely watch that

Old 01-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #495
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It was a first draft, people. Scripts change and are mostly never the same as the first draft. And Gangster Squad was on the black list. There were worse problems with that movie than the script.
So was Justice League Mortal and that script was blah to me.

I feel like I've said this before.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:08 PM   #496
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
jon schnepp to make a documentary movie about tim burton's failed superman movie
yes!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #497
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

I mean you have Superman who, I believe is safe to say, hasn't had any real experiences when it comes to using his powers in a offensive way against beings like himself, and is up against a Kryptonian General with advance Alien weapons; a Kryptonian femme fatale, and now another one? Not to mention a the possibility of a few robots added to the mix. And they say that the Avengers had it rough with their odds.
From the footage we saw, it looks like most of the city is destroyed. You know, you might need somebody who is obsessed with real estate to build it back up again...

Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #498
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
Umm...

[clears throat]

hrmph...

oh wow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #499
protocida
Side-Kick

Hence the "Metropolis Rises" posters by LexCorp, who is rebuilding everything.

Old 01-24-2013, 10:12 PM   #500
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

That doc on the Burton Superman film will be really interesting... seems like there's still a lot of info that hasn't come out about that. And if I recall, Keaton was going to be in it, but when asked if he was playing as Batman he only said "not exactly." Really want to know what all that was about!

Closed Thread