The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #526
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Noticed that the Puch-em Superman toy has the same color as the movie version.I decided to compare with Zods suit side by side.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

As you can see Supes suit does not look black,whilst Zod clearly is.So all this whining talk of turning the superman suit being black in the movie is nonsesne

I do wish the yellow was brighter like in the pic below though.
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3803/mos45564.jpg

Also wish that the yellow pseudo-belt was the same color of his shielld and visible-all I see is the buckle

Last edited by Zionite1; 01-25-2013 at 06:42 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:29 AM   #527
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
They seem very confident with what they have..they're keeping everything away from the public eye..In my opinion, I don't want to restart a war that used to be on the tdk/tdkr threads, but, by now is safe to say that the marketing should have already started, and that those "they have plenty of time" and "It's too early"..well, it's starting to loose sense..
I agree with you as well; no matter how confident they are, there is always such a thing as overconfidence and that could really hurt them in the end.

Hell, I seem to recall them being confident that they could draw in a great deal of amount of viewers for SR, despite no super villain and not nearly as much action sequences as a Superman film should have, due to them mistakenly believing that the name of Superman and everyone's nostalgia for the Reeve series would be strong enough to turn over a great profit for them.

Now, Warner Bros. may actually be right for once when it comes to MOS, but that still doesn't warrant that they should be so careless with their marketing strategy.

MOS has had one of the most unique "marketing" periods that I can remember for a comic book genre film in terms of the time periods between each new thing that they've released to the public regarding the film.

We get a official shot of Henry as Superman with the bank vault in August 2011, and it's only till July 2012 that we get our first Teaser Poster, with no new pictures having been released in between.

We get a Teaser Poster and a Teaser in July 2012, but afterwards, we have to wait till December 2012 before we get our first Theatrical Trailer and that mixed bag of a handcuff poster, with nothing new having been released or shown in the period between those two dates.

Since then, we've only gotten different variations of a picture featuring Superman in the desert, and a magazine photo of Cavil as Superman that some argue or believe is photoshopped.

Most of the stuff that we have for this film have come from devoted fans who were able to take pictures of the stuff filmed on the public areas or the unreleased toy commercials.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:30 AM   #528
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zionite1 View Post
Noticed that the Puch-em Superman toy has the same color as the movie version.I decided to compare with Zods suit side by side.

As you can see Supes suit does not look black,whilst Zod clearly is.So all this whining talk of turning the superman suit being black in the movie is nonsesne
My only issue with it still is that I wish that they would have at least differentiate the color of blue used for the body suit and the blue alien looking lines that are on his waist in order to further show some sort of a middle cut to help break up the suit from looking like one big blue pain suit with a yellow circle in the middle after you get past the S emblem; or at least make the yellow waist belt a lot more thick and larger.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:39 AM   #529
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I agree with you as well; no matter how confident they are, there is always such a thing as overconfidence and that could really hurt them in the end.

Hell, I seem to recall them being confident that they could draw in a great deal of amount of viewers for SR, despite no super villain and not nearly as much action sequences as a Superman film should have, due to them mistakenly believing that the name of Superman and everyone's nostalgia for the Reeve series would be strong enough to turn over a great profit for them.

Now, Warner Bros. may actually be right for once when it comes to MOS, but that still doesn't warrant that they should be so careless with their marketing strategy.

MOS has had one of the most unique "marketing" periods that I can remember for a comic book genre film in terms of the time periods between each new thing that they've released to the public regarding the film.

We get a official shot of Henry as Superman with the bank vault in August 2011, and it's only till July 2012 that we get our first Teaser Poster, with no new pictures having been released in between.

We get a Teaser Poster and a Teaser in July 2012, but afterwards, we have to wait till December 2012 before we get our first Theatrical Trailer and that mixed bag of a handcuff poster, with nothing new having been released or shown in the period between those two dates.

Since then, we've only gotten different variations of a picture featuring Superman in the desert, and a magazine photo of Cavil as Superman that some argue or believe is photoshopped.

Most of the stuff that we have for this film have come from devoted fans who were able to take pictures of the stuff filmed on the public areas or the unreleased toy commercials.
You pointed out so well what the marketing for this film has been that I have nothing to add
I said this a couple of times, but, I don't understand why to keep things and show little things, in a questionable way, like the handcuffed poster (poorly done) and this Zod reveal, through mattel toys (Wtf?). And then, even if it has a March release, you see Warner revealing each day a banner/poster for those Giants from the new Singer's movie, that seem done by a group of amateur filmakers..

Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #530
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Well I'm definitely curious to see this whole marketing strategy that they supposedly have in mind when it comes to highlighting the rumored large scale action sequences and destruction pieces that the film has.

So far, everyone who's been involved with the film and has had the luxury of seeing the film in some form of way have gone out of their way to say good things about it.

Now of course, given that they're working on the film, they could be bias, but at the same time, I would argue that if those people didn't like the film, then they wouldn't need to elaborate as much as some of them have in terms of how well they thought the story/film was from their perspectives.

Honestly, for all of the action that I'm sure we'll be getting, I'm glad that it doesn't seem as though Snyder and Goyer didn't sacrifice the importance of having some sincerity and heart within the story; and by all accounts, it's Clark's emotional journey and evolution as a character that's going to need to serve as the backbone of the entire film.

And while I'm sure people were sick of the whole Superman/Lois/Richard angle in SR; I'd argue that it was only because Singer handled that iconic relationship so badly that if people saw on what that type of canon relationship could truly be like if written properly and it seems like they've gone a better route with the couple in this film than SR did, and I do really hope that for whatever moments the film allows it, that we get to see some genuine real quiet yet powerful sincere moments between the two as well. I think Lois Lane is a good example of showing people that female leads within comic book genres don't have to be femme fatales in order to matter to the story and that they can serve a far larger and significant purpose to the story and to the main character's journey than being a romantic connection for the hero as well.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:50 AM   #531
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Ahhh so Empire let's hope that happens then. Ill be buying that if so.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 AM   #532
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

If I had to take a guess, based on what I've heard about this film and seen so far, I'd say that the production budget for this thing was at least around 220 million dollars, which means that it would need to make at least a little over 500 million in its worldwide gross in order to have been considered a profit for Warner Bros.

The only thing that also concerns me is that given we didn't hear much of seeing either Cavil or Shannon in the Chicago streets for Superman's big fight with Zod at the end, that whatever place they filmed to recreate that environment (most likely a studio) doesn't look as though they filmed inside the limited confines of a studio, something that I had a issue with "The Avengers" whenever I saw one of the group members always fighting on the same damn street bridge.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #533
Zionite1
Side-Kick

So i was looking at the promo involving Zods Robot army and I noticed something some fans didnt-like the fact that the Robots arent just armed with Alien Rifles but Swords and shields as well!And I also noticed the lead robot for the first time-kind of reminds me of the predator

Quote:
My only issue with it still is that I wish that they would have at least differentiate the color of blue used for the body suit and the blue alien looking lines that are on his waist in order to further show some sort of a middle cut to help break up the suit from looking like one big blue pain suit with a yellow circle in the middle after you get past the S emblem; or at least make the yellow waist belt a lot more thick and larger.
well to be fair to them,the alien lines look darker and shinier than the reat of the suit in the trailer and they do seem to pop in the trailer.But i agree about making the waist belt thick and larger and more brighter.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:01 AM   #534
Denish
Side-Kick

I'll be very disappointed if the next Empire issue will focus mainly on Iron Man 3..and now I'm starting to be worried about this because the movie comes out earlier than Mos..But, Warner cannot wait till the end of february for the next Empire release..

Old 01-25-2013, 07:23 AM   #535
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
So i was looking at the promo involving Zods Robot army and I noticed something some fans didnt-like the fact that the Robots arent just armed with Alien Rifles but Swords and shields as well!And I also noticed the lead robot for the first time-kind of reminds me of the predator

Hmmm..I don't remember seeing those pictures. Could you show a link to those photos? I mean I remember seeing the toyline commercial ones but they looked like X-Men's Juggernaut instead in terms of shape and helmet type.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
I'll be very disappointed if the next Empire issue will focus mainly on Iron Man 3..and now I'm starting to be worried about this because the movie comes out earlier than Mos..But, Warner cannot wait till the end of february for the next Empire release..
It doesn't also help things that Iron Man 3 is getting a Superbowl tv spot while MOS isn't.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #536
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hmmm..I don't remember seeing those pictures. Could you show a link to those photos? I mean I remember seeing the toyline commercial ones but they looked like X-Men's Juggernaut instead in terms of shape and helmet type.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zha1I1_CDms
Watch slowly-A good number of the robots are armed with what looks like curved blades and shields.Others are armed with rifles and shields.Rest with just rifles.Huge lead robot first seen at 0:34

Old 01-25-2013, 07:29 AM   #537
Denish
Side-Kick

Iron Man 3 and Star Trek..both of them will have a super bowl spot, and those spots will be awesome..for sure..action packed..they'll create the buzz on the net and outside of it..thing that should be done for Mos, because outside internet, well..I don't think a lot of people knows there's a Superman movie coming out..and if they don't show how different and good is it, even knowing that a Superman movie is coming out, they won't CARE!

Old 01-25-2013, 07:37 AM   #538
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I wish the MOS marketing would move at a faster pace but not for marketing reasons. I just selfishly want more MOS stuff.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:47 AM   #539
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Here's the best shot we've got of the color tone of the suit they're going for in full sunlight lit conditions.

It's definitely dark and I think it's because as people have noted on here before they're trying to translate all the heavy shading they do of the suit in the comics into live action. Surprisingly the piping and cuffs blends into it as it's a very similar color shade.

In the above shot though you can see that the cuffs are more of a silver and contrasts from the rest of the suit more. So it's going to be when it's reflecting lighting or whatever. I just hope the main blue isn't super reflective and glossy like that last magazine cover.

As an aside as I was looking through pics I came across this pic and just fell in love with the suit all over again. (ignore the IM3 pic next to it)

Old 01-25-2013, 07:54 AM   #540
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think the costume looked best when displayed at the convention. You can see the details more and you can appreciate the symbol a little better. I think the costume makers did a good job but it's appearance is dulled down by Snyder.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:06 AM   #541
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I think the costume looked best when displayed at the convention. You can see the details more and you can appreciate the symbol a little better. I think the costume makers did a good job but it's appearance is dulled down by Snyder.
Definitely, I just wonder though and this might seem stupid but maybe the movie brightens up at the end as hope is restored, he's found his place etc and the tone brightens a little bit. Almost symbolic.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #542
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Okay took some screengrabs of the toy commercial to show the unnoticed details. herolee this is for you

From the above screengrabs you probably noticed some of the Robots are armed with swords and shields not just guns.

And here is the rumoured Lead Robot standing at the back-looks like a caped predator.

Last edited by Zionite1; 01-25-2013 at 08:16 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:12 AM   #543
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

I have no idea why anyone wants bright, cartoonish colors. Put those in a modern movie and the audience will hate it.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #544
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay took some screengrabs of the toy commercial to show the unnoticed details.

From the above screengrabs you probably noticed some of the Robots are armed with swords and shields not just guns.

And here is the rumoured Lead Robot-looks like a caped predator.
Good catch. We've heard for a while about "energy lances". An army of robots with them would be cool. I can't wait to see Superman tearing through hundreds of robots.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 AM   #545
Smallville13
Side-Kick

It amazes me that we haven't seen ANY of this army or even a proper pic of Zod and Faora for that matter. They're really setting themselves up to blow everyone away when the full-scale of Act 3 (Metropolis battle) is shown in trailer #3.

Even the people working on Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness will be like 'OH S***'.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #546
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It amazes me that we haven't seen ANY of this army or even a proper pic of Zod and Faora for that matter. They're really setting themselves up to blow everyone away when the full-scale of Act 3 (Metropolis battle) is shown in trailer #3.

Even the people working on Iron Man 3 and Star Trek Into Darkness will be like 'OH S***'.
The King has returned.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #547
sup101
Side-Kick

Everybody on krypton gonna be walking around with the same diamond shaped plate with different emblems
with all of them looking weird like zod emblem.The only one we will understand is the S.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #548
protocida
Side-Kick

Matthew Vaughn was heavily rumored for Man of Steel, and now he might be doing Justice League.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #549
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
Matthew Vaughn was heavily rumored for Man of Steel, and now he might be doing Justice League.
I really enjoyed Kick-Ass & First Class, so bring it on.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #550
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
The King has returned.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread