The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2013, 02:34 PM   #576
UnknowUn

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

I'm not surprised it doesn't appear WB is going for a SB spot. I think the next trailer will be released based on the way they handled TDKR's, along with Zack's personal preferences. I may be reaching a bit, but I'll put my money on trailer #3 coming out in March:
  • - Zack's birthday is in March, so...
  • - ...he's found a way to release each of his live action movies in March.
  • - WB released TDKR trailer #1 (teaser), #2 and #3 roughly one year, 6 months and 3 months prior to the film's release, respectively.
Seems like Zack likes to do something significant with his current project around his birthday, and it happens to coincide with the patterns WB has shown with their last superhero flick so...I'd say we can expect a brand-new MoS trailer approximately 2 months from now.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:27 PM   #577
Krumm
Beer Snob

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

A movie about Superman Lives? I'd watch it but I ain't paying for it...

http://ifanboy.com/articles/kickstar...a-documentary/

Cool to see a lot of that artwork though.

Old 01-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #578
Simo
Side-Kick

Empire posted a sorta-detailed rundown of the Lego sets they saw at London Toy Fair for MOS which includes what could be going on in the movie with the set "Escape from Black Zero", so I spoiler tagged their comments and bolded the interesting parts:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
2. Man Of Steel will feature Black Zero
But which Black Zero? Well, judging by the ‘Black Zero Escape’ that features only Zod, Lois and Superman figures, it’s more likely to be ‘what’ than a who – perhaps the computer virus or Krypton-based terror force, rather than the psycho-molecule-creating uber-bad of pre-Crisis Superman. Still, if the LEGO is anything to go by – and it usually is – Man Of Steel will be a much more heavily weaponised affair than previous movie Supes, with Zod packing some heavy calibres and his own personal army. So what does the Black Zero kit reveal? Well, Lois Lane in a space pod, Supes in the air, and Zod behind some kind of complex control device. A different LEGO kit has Zod in body armour – perhaps that CG suit we’ve been hearing about – and a face mask, which hopefully won’t lead to Bane-like mumbling. “Knnel..fbffrr…zzod!”

http://www.empireonline.com/empirebl...tes/post/p1335

Further confirming the concept art that a SHH member saw and posted about here.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:11 PM   #579
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Empire posted a sorta-detailed rundown of the Lego sets they saw at London Toy Fair for MOS which includes what could be going on in the movie with the set "Escape from Black Zero", so I spoiler tagged their comments and bolded the interesting parts:
But which Black Zero? Well, judging by the ‘Black Zero Escape’ that features only Zod, Lois and Superman figures, it’s more likely to be ‘what’ than a who – perhaps the computer virus or Krypton-based terror force, rather than the psycho-molecule-creating uber-bad of pre-Crisis Superman. Still, if the LEGO is anything to go by – and it usually is – Man Of Steel will be a much more heavily weaponised affair than previous movie Supes, with Zod packing some heavy calibres and his own personal army. So what does the Black Zero kit reveal? Well, Lois Lane in a space pod, Supes in the air, and Zod behind some kind of complex control device. A different LEGO kit has Zod in body armour – perhaps that CG suit we’ve been hearing about – and a face mask, which hopefully won’t lead to Bane-like mumbling. “Knnel..fbffrr…zzod!”

Assuming if this is true for the film itself; then Herolee is pleased indeed.lol; especially about the "own personal army" part.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:16 PM   #580
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:

LL in a pod ? All sounds great. I remember Amy saying in a interview awhile back that she had a lazer gun or something in this movie. I am all for having Lois be a bad ass *****, and not some damsel in distress.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #581
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Can't wait to see Superman take on a robot army! That's gonna be cool.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:27 PM   #582
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Also on the Batman cameo that was only in Kevin Smith's script not the one that Tim Burton would have used and Batman made an appearance on a video screen during Superman's funeral.
Well, Burton was planning some sort of cameo because Keaton said he'd be in the film.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 01-25-2013, 05:37 PM   #583
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:

When it say black zero Escape.It's simply saying that superman and lois will escape the black zero spaceship.
How else would lois escape black zero from space?Hint, a space pod.Do that mean we will see superman plot one of the space pods in black zero to get lois back to earth.I say yea.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:41 PM   #584
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I love the idea of space pods, laser tubes, and Black Zero spaceships. I want to see things we've never seen before in a MOS film. I don't just want to see Superman catching people from falling. I want him slugging Zod, dodging laser blasts, and being trapped aboard spacecrafts.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #585
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
LL in a pod ? All sounds great. I remember Amy saying in a interview awhile back that she had a lazer gun or something in this movie. I am all for having Lois be a bad ass *****, and not some damsel in distress.
Lois's reaction at the idea of not being portrayed the typical damsel in distress cliche that we've seen far too many times in films:

Old 01-25-2013, 06:33 PM   #586
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I love the idea of space pods, laser tubes, and Black Zero spaceships. I want to see things we've never seen before in a MOS film. I don't just want to see Superman catching people from falling. I want him slugging Zod, dodging laser blasts, and being trapped aboard spacecrafts.
There are people predicting Superman Returns...returns for the BO on this.
I just don't see it happening.

Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #587
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

In a pod? Firing laser guns? It's all in the execution I suppose, but they have the danger to cross over to the overly silly.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 01-25-2013, 07:06 PM   #588
protocida
Side-Kick

I expect Superman to be piloting that pod.

Also, Zod behind a complex control panel seems to imply some sort of Phantom Zone.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:11 PM   #589
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
To bad shannon won't be saying kneel before zod in MOS.I like how they made it look because if aliens actually came to earth with symbols we wouldn't know what the hell it is or what it mean.They definitely wouldn't be using english letters like a straight up Z.
I wonder if anyone realizes that "Kneel before Zod" will probably be said by Faora?

anyway, wouldn't it be TOTALLY AWESOME if once Superman defeats Zod, the remaining robots fall under his control and are used in the Fortress?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:21 PM   #590
sup101
Side-Kick

Maybe she will, but I wouldn't count on it.Shannon said they went in a different direction.

Old 01-25-2013, 09:03 PM   #591
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post
I wonder if anyone realizes that "Kneel before Zod" will probably be said by Faora?

anyway, wouldn't it be TOTALLY AWESOME if once Superman defeats Zod, the remaining robots fall under his control and are used in the Fortress?

..........I've freaking been saying that since the day Michael Shannon announced that he never said the line..........

Plus the robot idea was also mentioned, saying that they will end up being the Super-Robots who care for the zoo in the Fortress and do other stuff (Superman vs. The Elite)

You sir/madam are unoriginal..........GOOD DAY!!!!!!!

I kid I kid, they might have been mentioned before but they would be cool to see happen

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-25-2013, 10:33 PM   #592
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
To bad shannon won't be saying kneel before zod in MOS.I like how they made it look because if aliens actually came to earth with symbols we wouldn't know what the hell it is or what it mean.They definitely wouldn't be using english letters like a straight up Z.
Its not like Superman has an S on his chest or anything.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:15 PM   #593
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
ah but how many times have you seen people use the letter "S" the way the Man Of Steel symbol looks..............EXACTLY!!

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #594
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
In a pod? Firing laser guns? It's all in the execution I suppose, but they have the danger to cross over to the overly silly.
Well, this is what I find most exciting. Everything we've seen so far has a hyper-realism about it. It looks very dramatic and very -- almost arthouse. And then we keep hearing about these fantastical elements, and it makes me so giddy to have that realism mixed in with the fantastical. What if there were an alien race, with energy lances and bug-like spacecraft and laser guns? And what if they -- along with Superman -- showed up outside your house or workplaced and they flashed across the sky in battle? How bizarre would that be? But it's only bizarre and awe-inspiring if the tone prior to their arrival is very real and believable and understated.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:27 AM   #595
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
It's a S.When superman was first created the S stood for superman and that's why he sport the S in the first place.
The creators back then didn't make their own kryptonian language, letters and numbers like MOS doing.MOS making krypton really feel like an alien world by giving it it's own language.The S can't be changed because it's been apart of the character for decades.Imagine if it was changed to something like [ ] lol people would flip.MOS did make the S look alien.

Old 01-26-2013, 01:36 AM   #596
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

I don't know if anyone here listens to Spill.com's podcasts, but on LEOG Joe Parsons guessed the entire plot of MoS from beginning, middle, and end. He's been right before with other films like TDKR. He made it sound really good.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:03 AM   #597
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane52630 View Post
I don't know if anyone here listens to Spill.com's podcasts, but on LEOG Joe Parsons guessed the entire plot of MoS from beginning, middle, and end. He's been right before with other films like TDKR. He made it sound really good.
Does anyone know which one it is? I can't seem to find it.

Old 01-26-2013, 03:11 AM   #598
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Lois's reaction at the idea of not being portrayed the typical damsel in distress cliche that we've seen far too many times in films:
Looking forward to it.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 01-26-2013, 03:13 AM   #599
Liam_H
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Does anyone know which one it is? I can't seem to find it.
Which one are you referring to?

Spill

Old 01-26-2013, 03:18 AM   #600
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam_H View Post
Which one are you referring to?
The spill.com thing that Kane was/is talking about regarding the guy having given his guess on what he thinks MOS's plot is about.

Closed Thread