The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 06:02 AM   #776
Project862006
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

i love the picture of zod he imo emphasizes he isn't your typical evil villain or else we would of got some typical ominous in the shadows shot like we got of bane

Old 01-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #777
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Sat at work, casually checked shh while on lunch...

SAW THESE PICS!

Burst into hysterical laughter

Luckily, no one pays any attention to me, sitting in my little corner

So awesome

Cavill looks incredible, and I love the first little glimpse of the world of Krypton

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 01-28-2013, 06:17 AM   #778
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

Suit colors and feel reminds me of both Fleischer and Kingdom Come. I like it.

Darker colors wasn't the problem with SR suit for me, it was the colors themselves (baby blue and brown red) that looked jarring. together.

Last edited by 747; 01-28-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:31 AM   #779
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post

Darker colors wasn't the problem with SR suit for me, it was the colors themselves (baby blue and brown red) that looked jarring. together.
Agreed and you also mentioned at the top two of my favourite Superman designs. Tbh I kind of wish Singer had gone for the Fleischer design in SR.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #780
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I love the pic of Crowe's Jor-El, both he and Krypton looks great!

Old 01-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #781
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Agreed. I was kinda afraid he'd be too... rugged for Jor-El, but he looks great. And stoic, in that still, at least.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:04 AM   #782
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Everything's amazing! Henry is the first Superman that looks powerful and manly.

Krypton looks like futuristic renaissance of awesome. I'm so ready for this

Old 01-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #783
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Is that some weird looking guy in the background on that Jor El pic? Looks like he's got a really white face like that villain from Earth One

Old 01-28-2013, 07:07 AM   #784
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Jor-El is Kryptonian DaVinci haha

Old 01-28-2013, 07:08 AM   #785
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Is that some weird looking guy in the background on that Jor El pic? Looks like he's got a really white face like that villain from Earth One
Looks like an older woman to me.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:11 AM   #786
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Love the new Empire pics, Cavill looks so good in that suit once again very confident and imposing. Im digging the other glimpses we were given as well, I guess peope expecting a bright and cheery tone or color scheme will have to get used to the fact that we won't be getting one.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-28-2013, 07:15 AM   #787
Super Kal
Side-Kick

brighter colors does not always convey "a bright and cheery tone"... the tones in the new Spider-Man film were dark, and yet the colors still remained vibrant in hue.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:19 AM   #788
Project862006
Banned User

^guess we saw different movie

that entire movie took place at night lol

anytime spiderman was in costume it was night time

Old 01-28-2013, 07:28 AM   #789
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Omg, we actually got something new to discuss ? lol Pictures are great, Henry looks like a bad ass mofo

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 AM   #790
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I like how Cavill looks in the photo. The publicity photo looks like it was taken around the same time as the photo from the French magazine. If he and the suit look like this for most of the movie than I'll be happy.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:32 AM   #791
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Agreed. I was kinda afraid he'd be too... rugged for Jor-El, but he looks great. And stoic, in that still, at least.
Way to go for Crowe. He looks solid. And even if we see Krypton warring with one another, I'm sure the look of it will be breath taking, and be poignant when it is destroyed.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #792
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I guess Shannon is wearing the Zod armor in that photo. He's not wearing the simple black suit we saw during the train fight scenes or from the toy doll.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:42 AM   #793
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Agreed. The colors of the SR suit mixed with all those filters Singer used really made it look strange.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-28-2013, 07:44 AM   #794
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I guess Shannon is wearing the Zod armor in that photo. He's not wearing the simple black suit we saw during the train fight scenes or from the toy doll.
I assume that he'll get his armor taken away when he gets sent to black zero.

Once he escapes, he rebuilds it or reclaims the old one.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #795
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I think both Cavill and the suit look good in the official stills except that very first one posing with the bank vault. It's how both he and the costume look in the actually movie that I have minor criticisms of.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 AM   #796
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I think both Cavill and the suit look good in the official stills except that very first one posing with the bank vault. It's how both he and the costume look in the actually movie that I have minor criticisms of.
The small details of the suit really pop on screen. They are really subdued in the stills.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-28-2013, 07:54 AM   #797
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Pretty sure it's just to emphasize the "grittyness" of the reboot. Or it's actually a used battlesuit worn by Jor-El.
I've been thinking the same thing since I saw that Jor-El had a similar suit underneath his. I think Superman's suit is one of his father's.

Quote:

I agree with this bc I have no issue whats so ever with how dark the colors are for the MOS suit. They go very well together.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 AM   #798
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
brighter colors does not always convey "a bright and cheery tone"... the tones in the new Spider-Man film were dark, and yet the colors still remained vibrant in hue.
I agree with you but thats not what I was specifically referring to. Most peoples complaints is about the look of the film being too dark (not the tone), and thats what I was adressing.

I in no way think this film will have a dark depressing tone, but an uplifting and inspiring feel to say the least.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 01-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #799
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I've been thinking the same thing since I saw that Jor-El had a similar suit underneath his. I think Superman's suit is one of his father's.
I'm pretty sure he inherits the suit as some sort of heirloom. Whether or not Jor-El actually used it is the question.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:59 AM   #800
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Without starting a huge hairstyle debate, I don't know if the hairstyle in the official stills is the same as the movie. I think his hairstyle from the Empire magazine looks fine and would eliminate any of the hairstyle criticisms from the past.

Closed Thread