The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 AM   #801
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Yeah, it's fine. Though sometimes it looks wet, which I'm not a fan of, and other times it doesnt.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:07 AM   #802
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Most of the photos are solo shots. Now we need screenshots of Superman/Clark with Lois and Superman confronting Zod.

Hopefully EW is the next magazine to do a Superman feature.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 AM   #803
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I'm pretty sure he inherits the suit as some sort of heirloom. Whether or not Jor-El actually used it is the question.
Yeah I agree. I'm looking forward to finding out.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 AM   #804
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

"Most of the photos are solo shots. Now we need screenshots of Superman/Clark with Lois and Superman confronting Zod."

I just want some really good characters-shots of the main-players in the same style as the Empire-cover. So, Lois, Zod, Faora, Jonathan and Martha, Perry and possibly Hardy as well. Please.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM   #805
STARMAN
Side-Kick

A couple of photos each week satisfies me more than twenty photos in one day. I actually want to see Daily Planet Clark in a photo.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #806
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

The suit really is a chameleon. Changes appearance a lot in different contexts. It never seems to look exactly the same.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #807
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
A couple of photos each week satisfies me more than twenty photos in one day. I actually want to see Daily Planet Clark in a photo.
I have a feeling the shot of Clark putting on the glasses (in the SDCC footage) will be the final shot in the movie... Meaning we may not get any DP Clark in this one.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:22 AM   #808
STARMAN
Side-Kick

I doubt with all the secrecy behind this movie that they would show the final scene in a comic con trailer. Besides, we've all seen those photos of what looks like Clark from above with a vest and briefcase next to Lois with papers blown all around. So I think he appears but maybe only in the last third.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:28 AM   #809
The Shield
It's really Happening!

I love the scar down Zod's face! Gives him an added badassery. On top of what he already has.

[/QUOTE]

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-28-2013, 08:29 AM   #810
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
I doubt with all the secrecy behind this movie that they would show the final scene in a comic con trailer. Besides, we've all seen those photos of what looks like Clark from above with a vest and briefcase next to Lois with papers blown all around. So I think he appears but maybe only in the last third.
I can't believe this, but, from memory... I haven't seen those? I didn't think it was possible for me to miss something about this movie...

Old 01-28-2013, 08:32 AM   #811
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Grr why hasn't someone scanned the pages yet?!!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:33 AM   #812
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Hey Titansupes,

The photos I'm talking about have been posted here many times. They were from back when they were filming in Chicago. In fact, those photos also show Fishburne standing next to somone who probally is that girl he was seen running with in the trailer.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #813
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^guess we saw different movie

that entire movie took place at night lol

anytime spiderman was in costume it was night time
yes, i saw the same movie you did, and i still stand by what i have posted. at night, you can still make out a definite hue of blue and red... that's something you could not do in Superman Returns, and I fear it's going to happen in Man of Steel.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #814
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Yes

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Will have to be buying this one, yes sir.

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 01-28-2013, 08:39 AM   #815
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRkVeNgeanCe View Post
Most peoples complaints is about the look of the film being too dark (not the tone), and thats what I was addressing.
i honestly dont know the tone of the film (im not staying in the loop with spoilers this time around, and for good measure), so i cant comment on the film itself. i can only comment on what i see in the suit itself. I'm hoping I'm wrong- ubt all i can do is hope at this moment in time

Quote:
I in no way think this film will have a dark depressing tone, but an uplifting and inspiring feel to say the least.
i hope it doesn't either... both the teaser and theatrical trailers for Superman Returns in no way gave off a dark, gritty, and depressing tone in any way, however the film was exactly that. because of my experiences in the past, i try to not judge the movie by the trailer (made that mistake with SR)... hoping all goes well with this film

Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 AM   #816
SuperAl
Superman's back!

Is Zod's suit suppose to be CGI because it looks pretty real in that shot

Old 01-28-2013, 08:44 AM   #817
STARMAN
Side-Kick

It does look real in that shot.

As for Superman Returns, It wasn't dark and gritty. It was depressing because of how bad it was.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:47 AM   #818
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
General Zod!

Loving the Caesar haircut. Seriously.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:48 AM   #819
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperAl View Post
Is Zod's suit suppose to be CGI because it looks pretty real in that shot
Yeah. It's CGI.

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-28-2013, 08:52 AM   #820
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlok View Post
Will have to be buying this one, yes sir.
Definitely going to frame the cover as a reminder of the most awesome superhero summer

Old 01-28-2013, 08:56 AM   #821
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
I love the scar down Zod's face! Gives him an added badassery. On top of what he already has.

[/QUOTE]
I didn't notice that. Good eye.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 AM   #822
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post

i think Zod looks great here

Quote:
As for Superman Returns, It wasn't dark and gritty. It was depressing because of how bad it was.
to be completely honest, i didn't think it was that bad at all- i could tolerate the storyline, even like it, had it been generally brighter in color alone.

Last edited by Super Kal; 01-28-2013 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #823
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Maybe Jor-el left him with that scar.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #824
Rust
First Son Of Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yeah. It's CGI.
Only in full body action-shots, methinks.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:06 AM   #825
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
Only in full body action-shots, methinks.
I'm sure Shannon mentioned in an interview that he was disappointed because he didn't have an actual suit to wear and rather had to wear a mocap suit the whole time

With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Closed Thread