The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #126
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joss Whedon View Post
The info provided yesterday is fake. But the good news is, it's a lot better than that. Gave the info to a friend of a friend that's involved in marketing that has access to the script.
Oh heck yes. A friend of a friend you say!? Well boy howdy that's music to my ears. It doesn't get more reliable than that folks!

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #127
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Par

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Oh heck yes. A friend of a friend you say!? Well boy howdy that's music to my ears. It doesn't get more reliable than that folks!
I understand your concerns. lol

But I trust him. His friend heads up a department at consumer products at Warner Bros.

So, whatever.

Old 01-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #128
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

It's not that we don't believe you..it's just that we don't have a reason to believe you.lol j/k

In these parts of the world, the only way anyone can ever be trusted when they say that they have a source is if they have a record of being true with any info they give out; it's not personal, it's just the way it is.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:03 PM   #129
Joss Whedon
Side-Kick

Yeah I know. Just saying what I know. No one has to believe me.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:39 PM   #130
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Well, for the sake of some of our curiosities, and if you don't mind me asking, would you care to share with us on why/how the info that you got is supposedly better?

Old 01-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #131
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's right, truth is truth whether or not someone believes it. I was more curious than anything else.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #132
sup101
Side-Kick

If MOS had a superbowl spot we would know already unless they trying to keep it a surprise which is better.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:48 PM   #133
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

Why would we know? They may not announce it. We won't know until the actual Superbowl.

Old 01-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #134
sup101
Side-Kick

Everybody else making announcements.We will see what happen in 2weeks if it's not announce.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:06 PM   #135
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Why are people so worked about the Superbowl?

I mean, aren't the comedic ads always the more memorable ones rather than ads for future films?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 01-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #136
gkokujin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post

I mean, aren't the comedic ads always the more memorable ones rather than ads for future films?

you are not new here...why you say these things, when you know we will kill you for it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateJustin View Post
no kid in fifteen years will recall what was going on in the haze of animated card game shows where cat faced japanese children yelled annoyingly and danced around and shot mushrooms out of their mouths.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:16 PM   #137
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkokujin View Post

you are not new here...why you say these things, when you know we will kill you for it?
I really see no reason to get worked about the lack of a Superbowl commercial when trailers and/or TV spots closer to the release will have a more lasting effect on the audience who'll likely remember the more comedic commercials for whatever products/services they can have over commercials for films.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 01-20-2013, 10:17 PM   #138
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

The comedic ads are what the television pundits discuss most....the movie trailers are always....always....did I say always.....the hottest topic in this site (as well as other comic/movie related sites) at Super Bowl time. The trailers are dissected with a fine tooth comb that makes the guys at CSI look like Barney Fife.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:19 PM   #139
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
The comedic ads are what the television pundits discuss most....the movie trailers are always....always....did I say always.....the hottest topic in this site (as well as other comic/movie related sites) at Super Bowl time. The trailers are dissected with a fine tooth comb that makes the guys at CSI look like Barney Fife.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-20-2013, 10:24 PM   #140
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand that given that this site dedicated for those types of things.

But, I don't see the big deal about it from the advertising side of things for the general audience. I can see why WB wouldn't be interested in shelling out millions of dollars for 30 seconds and use the money for advertising at a later date.

"

Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #141
Project862006
Banned User

^it's the best way to get general audiences to be aware of your movie

i saw hobbit and i didn't even get the man of steel trailer

Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #142
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Yeah, I can understand that given that this site dedicated for those types of things.

But, I don't see the big deal about it from the advertising side of things for the general audience. I can see why WB wouldn't be interested in shelling out millions of dollars for 30 seconds and use the money for advertising at a later date.
Because over 100 million people watch the Super Bowl. and that means over 100 million people who may go see the film being advertised.

It a prime advertising opportunity and DEFINITELY one of the best advertising opportunites of the year, each year.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #143
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:

Because, for the billions of people who do not visit the Hype on a daily basis....that will be the first time they become aware of the upcoming movie.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:35 PM   #144
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Because, for the billions of people who do not visit the Hype on a daily basis....that will be the first time they become aware of the upcoming movie.
this too.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 01-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #145
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

But, for those billions of people, will it be the only time they'll have any knowledge of the film?

I can't remember, but did WB advertise anything last year during the Super Bowl? Like maybe TDKR?

"

Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #146
Project862006
Banned User

i am not sure but everyone knew tdkr was coming it was the 3rd film of trilogy and the follow up to the hugely popular billion dollar making TDK

batman begins got a tv spot remember

Old 01-20-2013, 10:42 PM   #147
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
But, for those billions of people, will it be the only time they'll have any knowledge of the film?

I can't remember, but did WB advertise anything last year during the Super Bowl? Like maybe TDKR?
They didn't advertise anything last year, but they have advertised in the past.

In example:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

#Hypsters4Sawyer

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 01-20-2013 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #148
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I'm assuming its the landscape version of the poster, I bought that exact same one off ebay, it's huuuuge. I think framing it would cost well over 60 so I might just blue tack it to my wall
Wow. Didnt even know they had that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
It's just a poster in a frame at the cinema so yeah landscape
Got it. We have these video posters in our theaters that change. Wasn't sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I love the sound if that but I'm very doubtful that this guy is genuine.
Yeah...seems sort of vague, tough to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
I don't know but i'd bet real money brainiac will somehow figure into that...maybe he hitched a ride or follows the ships later on...
That could be interesting.

Quote:

They sat out completely, but I think marketing for the 3rd film of a hugely popular franchise is different than the relaunch of a previously franchise.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #149
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
i am not sure but everyone knew tdkr was coming it was the 3rd film of trilogy and the follow up to the hugely popular billion dollar making TDK

batman begins got a tv spot remember
In other words, what Project said.

Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 PM   #150
JackMercy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really see no reason to get worked about the lack of a Superbowl commercial when trailers and/or TV spots closer to the release will have a more lasting effect on the audience who'll likely remember the more comedic commercials for whatever products/services they can have over commercials for films.
You didn't get gkokujin's reference...did you?

Bale: Are you doing that on purpose? You woke up this morning and went "right." (laughing)
Closed Thread