Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Default Marvel's April 2013 Solicitations

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=43246

Old 01-18-2013, 07:14 PM   #2
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel's April 2013 Solicitations

Looks like Dark Avengers is ending? Book was horridly treated and really a questionable direction.

SLEEPWALKER in spidey! Hope he kicks spOCKs ass

I'll say this about Age of Ultron..I was thinking this could be an epic story where Bendis takes a good mix of lesser used heroes and marketable stars and spins a profound yarn...I mean it still may prove to be good, but it looks to basically be the characters Bendis has already used in Avengers with guys like Moon Knight thrown in..not what i really wanted...but we shall see. Ugh just sick of Luke Cage and Bendis.

Marvel is giving some of these fringe books an incredible long leash X-treme Xmen, Captain Marvel, and AOA are all well below the cancellation range as of December..not surprised they are getting hacked.

And while usually i like to see books get a decent run, these X spinoffs and hard spin offs in general I generally loathe (Except A:TI of course)

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!

Last edited by THANOSRULES; 01-18-2013 at 07:22 PM.
THANOSRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:43 PM   #3
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

Age of Apocalypse and X-Treme X-Men are done also. I don't expect Winter Soldier to last much longer now that Brubaker is done.

Hopefully Marvel finds a better spot for Dave Lapham. The guy's real talented. Put him on the next Punisher ongoing I say.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
Colossal Spoons
Gotterdammerung

- That Dell'Otto cover of Thor #7 is freakin amazing. I want to trap him and make him draw posters for me

- Poor Petey not having fun in jail

- Toxin is back? Ooooh yeah. My fav symbiote.

- I can't take Nightcrawler dying again. C'mon now.

Last edited by Colossal Spoons; 01-18-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Colossal Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:14 AM   #5
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

- I'll be ignoring everything Age of Ultron.
- Apocalypse twins? Sounds cool!
- As usually I don't understand most of the Avengers solicitations. Alpha Flight! I guess they were in Regina?
- The Beast on the cover for New Avengers is worse than all bad drawings of cat Beast put together.
- Young Avengers continues to have the best solicitations. The book just looks so charming!
- I'm excited for Mystique in ANXM! I love her schemes. As for who I think will be joining Uncanny... I'm hoping for young Beast. That would be so interesting.
- I'm really glad Uncanny X-men will address why Illyana got a power boost. It was annoying me because it was never explained.
- The Cable and X-force cover is BA!
- Wolverine's trying to stab a kid on the cover of Wolverine #2? Why am I not surprised?
- Unfortunately WATXM doesn't look like it's going to get any better after this stupid circus arc.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:43 AM   #6
Mr. Dent
Banned User

-I'll be getting the AU stuff. Could be legitimately interesting to see what would happen if Ultron won not to mention I don't think it will go in the direction a lot of people are assuming it will off rip.

-Will be getting the Superior and Avenging Spidey stuff.

-Getting Thanos Rising, Guardians, Nova, Fantastic Four. All the cosmic titles. I'm hoping they do some kind of cross over with those ongoing titles.

-Avengers, New Avengers, Uncanny Avengers...will probably just stick to scans for Avengers Assembled.

-Captain Marvel, Hawkeye, FF, Deadpool, Thor, Iron Man, Hulk (even though I don't see it on the solicitation). Not sure if I'm going to stay with Cap, too similar to Superior.

-All-New X-Men...on the fence about Uncanny X-Men. Not sure if it's worth it.

Huh, just realized I'm a Marvel guy. All those titles and I'm only picking up Batman, Detective Comics, Aquaman, Superman, Action Comics, and Justice League on the DC side.

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
TheCorpulent1
Pshew!
SHH! Global Moderator

Whoa, Beast joins the Illuminati?

Thor and Iceman in A+X? Sounds utterly random--exactly like this series should be. I like it.

As if Uncany X-Men didn't look unappealing enough already... Magik has a retardedly huge anime sword.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:46 AM   #8
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

It's been confirmed for a while that Beast was taking Xavier's place on the Illuminati. And Magik has had that retardedly huge anime sword for a while too.

Old 01-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #9
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOSRULES View Post
Looks like Dark Avengers is ending? Book was horridly treated and really a questionable direction.
Dark Avengers is on the verge of entering cancellation territory next month, I wouldn't be surprised to see Parker and Marvel attempt to wrap things up.

Quote:
Marvel is giving some of these fringe books an incredible long leash X-treme Xmen, Captain Marvel, and AOA are all well below the cancellation range as of December..not surprised they are getting hacked.

And while usually i like to see books get a decent run, these X spinoffs and hard spin offs in general I generally loathe (Except A:TI of course)
I seriously question what Marvel was thinking when they announced Age of Apocalypse and X-Treme X-Men. I won't be surprised to see Astonishing X-Men enter cancellation territory some time this year either.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
It's been confirmed for a while that Beast was taking Xavier's place on the Illuminati. And Magik has had that retardedly huge anime sword for a while too.
Since when? Because I don't ever remember seeing her use something like that until Bachalo's redesigns came out for the Uncanny relaunch, because the Soulsword has always been of normal proportions before that.

Old 01-20-2013, 02:08 PM   #11
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specter313 View Post
Since when? Because I don't ever remember seeing her use something like that until Bachalo's redesigns came out for the Uncanny relaunch, because the Soulsword has always been of normal proportions before that.
You know, for some reason when I looked back on it, I always thought it was a lot bigger. My bad.

Old 01-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #12
CantThinkOfAName
Side-Kick

You must know my know ex, getting back together with her did not work out