The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

Old 01-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #51
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The 2013 Presidential Inauguration

That is only a small portion of the gif, the gif is actually longer. She gives him the..."yeah, I heard you, you're an idiot" look.

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #52
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Ok this is ridiculous. Country is in an economic cluster**** and they want to spend millions on an inauguration that is only a formality. The one yesterday was perfectly fine. We dont need all this crap. Those asshats in congress dont deserve to speak at this thing let alone be at it. Standing up there talking about unity when they cant agree on when lunch is.

Marvolo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #53
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Ok this is ridiculous. Country is in an economic cluster**** and they want to spend millions on an inauguration that is only a formality. The one yesterday was perfectly fine. We dont need all this crap. Those asshats in congress dont deserve to speak at this thing let alone be at it. Standing up there talking about unity when they cant agree on when lunch is.
That's because people want to see it. There were at least 700,000 people who asked for ticket and went to see the affair. If you ask me considering the security needed, the $14 million estimate is cheap considering the $170 million they spent in 2009.

Old 01-21-2013, 09:42 PM   #54
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

I thought today's inauguration was great. A crowd full of diversity. An address full of progressive ideals and calls for equality. It was just really wonderful. To think of what the alternative could have been makes me cringe...

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #55
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Michelle rolling her eyes at Boehner is classic.

SuperT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #56
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Both Obamas are sarcastic as ****, and I do like that about them.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:53 PM   #57
Kane52630
Nightcall User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 11:16 PM   #58
Dr. Evil
Gamora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Optimus_Prime_ View Post
Just depends on who runs. There seems to be a shortage of young, up and coming black politicians right now. I can't think of any besides Deval Patrick that might make a successful run at the Presidency (frankly I think he'd be too boring to make much of a splash).
There's one darkhorse candidate, but he'd have to be elected to an office higher than the one he currently has:

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Dr. Evil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:50 PM   #59
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Beyonce, Inauguration 2013: Singer Lip-Synched Her Performance

I thought something was weird about that....I watched her performance and Kelly Clarkson's as well later on, and usually when someone lip syncs for some reason they over compensate on their facial and hand movement and gestures....and I was like..."whoa Beyonce, this is an Inauguration, not one of your concerts" now I know why it seemed so weird.

Oh well, it was still beautiful, but "hats off" to Kelly for doing hers live...

"HATE, It has caused a lot of problems in this world, but it has not solved one yet."
Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #60
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Why did she make such a decision at the last minute, I mean we all KNOW she is a great singer?

Oh well, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Whitney Houston lip-synced her world renowned Star Spangled Banner at the SuperBowl

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #61
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Why did she lip synch it exactly?

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:11 PM   #62
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

I don't even think she truly lip-synched it. I think she just sung to/with the pre-recorded backtrack, which isn't out of the ordinary at all.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #63
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperT View Post
I don't even think she truly lip-synched it. I think she just sung to/with the pre-recorded backtrack, which isn't out of the ordinary at all.

A "vocal track" and a "pre-recorded backtrack" are two different things...

And I totally understand why she would want to do that, nerves, cold weather, etc....

Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:19 PM   #64
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
That's what it seems like to me. Even the quotes from the Marine Corp suggest as much, but we all know how the media loves overblowing hearsay and presenting it as "fact".

Optimus_Prime_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #65
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

And I totally understand why she would want to do that, nerves, cold weather, etc....
It's mandatory at the Super Bowl. Has been for quite some time.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:21 PM   #66
SuperT
Boom Shaka Laka

Quote:

True. Christina Aguilera sang the National Anthem live at the last major national event and fumbled royally. I could see why anyone would be scared to sing it live.

Old 01-22-2013, 03:25 PM   #67
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
True. Christina Aguilera sang the National Anthem live at the last major national event and fumbled royally. I could see why anyone would be scared to sing it live.
Oh hell yeah....I would definitely be doing that. I'm surprised that Kelly didn't do it...

Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #68
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
That's what it seems like to me. Even the quotes from the Marine Corp suggest as much, but we all know how the media loves overblowing hearsay and presenting it as "fact".
How did they do that, they simply stated what the man said, nothing more or less than that. It wasn't that long of an article...lol

Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #69
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

Quote:
How did they do that, they simply stated what the man said, nothing more or less than that. It wasn't that long of an article...lol
Most of the articles claimed she was lip syncing in the headline, but the quotes don't use the words lip syncing, and there's no proof she wasn't singing on top of the pre-recorded vocals. So I mean that's a fairly irresponsible use of a headline. The media loves stirring up non controversies.

Last edited by Optimus_Prime_; 01-22-2013 at 04:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 04:39 PM   #70
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Most of the articles claimed she was lip syncing in the headline, but the quotes don't use the words lip syncing, and there's no proof she wasn't singing on top of the pre-recorded vocals. So I mean that's a fairly irresponsible use of a headline. The media loves stirring up non controversies.
When you use a "voice track" and the band plays live, that is usually lip synching...if she actually sang, it would sound like 2 people singing. Herself, and.....herself. NOW, some only have the track partially done, as those that do a lot of dancing in their concerts will have a portion, certain times when they are dancing heavily. In this case, I don't see a reason why the entire thing would not be on her voice track...and the way that she looked, as she sang...it was weird, and now I know why. Totally understand why she would use a track... The guy would have used the terminology "instrumental track" if it were the band...but as he said...the band was live, she was using a voice track, you don't use a voice track to sing with yourself, you use a voice track so that you don't have to sing. Heck if I had been Clarkson, I would have had a voice track.

And again, NOTHING WRONG AT ALL, with doing that...I can understand for something as big as singing the National Anthem for a Presidential Inauguration....hell yeah I would have a voice track. Kelly Clarkson's arrangement was much easier and only running through two octaves...Beyonce's was much more intricate and the range much wider. Cold weather, nerves....I would do the same thing.

Maya Angelou ...

Last edited by Kelly; 01-22-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 01-22-2013, 08:53 PM   #71
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

People were making too big of a deal out of her performance to begin with.

H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:18 PM   #72
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

I do have to say, the heat that her performance is getting is pretty stupid, and probably from people that never have, nor will they ever have the opportunity to sing at an event like that....

If you watch Kelly Clarkson as she walks off the stage, she mouths to Beyonce "that was soooooo hard".... lol

Maya Angelou ...

Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 AM   #73
Optimus_Prime_
Banned User

They walked back the "pre recorded vocals" statement this morning.

Old 01-23-2013, 08:50 PM   #74
Marx
Pixelated
SHH! Global Moderator

Kelly did an incredible job.

Old 01-23-2013, 09:04 PM   #75
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

I'm surprised at the outrage over this. Lots of singers pre-record vocals for major events like this. Several singers have done it for the Super Bowl--including Whitney Houston many years ago. I'm guessing Beyonce did something similar to that. No big deal. People are just looking for something to ***** about.

Burgundy LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote