The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #2
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

I know this film has a release date. I know Josh Trank is attached to direct. I know they may be knee-deep in pre-production right now.

But I, and many others, still hold out hope that Fox will fumble the production of this film somehow and will end up letting the rights revert back to Marvel so the First Family of Marvel can finally be included in the MCU.

This is a thread for those that choose to keep hope alive!

ゴジラ
Old 09-02-2013, 09:12 AM   #3
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

I felt X2 and First Class were better movies than all MS films possibly with exception of Iron Man. I loved the Avengers but it's just a great popcorn flick and I personally prefer movies that are great film making.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #4
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

Who's talking about the X-Men? We're talking about the FF. How great were those films?

Speaking for myself, I don't want Marvel Studios to film everything. I just want the FF back home where they belong. That's it. That would make me very happy. At least X-Men and Spidey have had some arguably great films. In fact, X2 and Spider-Man 2 are among my favorite CBMs ever.

Whereas the FF have never been done justice and they are just going to become the butt of jokes if they keep failing as movies. The property will be trash. Worthless.

I want them to be as great as they can possibly be and I believe Marvel Studios knows the formula to make them work and Fox does not. Every rumor or news report on this reboot yells FAIL. There's no way Marvel Studios would not make a Fantastic Four film if they had this property back but I know they would wait until the time was right. They wouldn't rush it. The only reason Fox is making this film is to retain the rights and that's never a good reason. We get at least 3-4 CBMs a year? Why rush this? And let's be real, if this ill-fated reboot actually gets released in 2015 it's going to get clobbered by Avengers:AOU and World's Finest.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:35 AM   #5
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Part 1

First Class was a film made by FOX but it was loved.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 09:54 AM   #6
Ragnaroknroll
Side-Kick

I have issues with the continuity mess of the Fox-Men and the way they have abused many key characters, but I'll admit I like First Class. It was well done in my opinion. But Fox has also been making X-Men films for 13 years. It was also completely different in tone and source material from what Marvel Studios has had to work with to achieve success. It's a safer property for Fox to handle at this point. They have not demonstrated competency with any other Marvel property. And even X-Men has had its peaks and valleys. It's been a rough road. X3/Borigins anyone?

What you may call a popcorn flick I call the greatest CBM ever made. The movies leading up to Avengers did everything right to make the final culmination a success so yes you can have a high tech industrialist hang with a Viking deity from space and a dude frozen in ice wearing a spangly outfit covered in stars and stripes.

Not everything has to be dark and depressing or address deep or disturbing social issues. Comics are fun. The Avengers was a living breathing comic book on celluloid. It made me feel like a kid again and you could actually take kids to see it. It was entertaining for all ages. What in the world is wrong with that?

That right there convinces me that the FF absolutely belongs with Marvel Studios.

OTOH, the X-Men as a comic has always been driven by deeper, underlying themes so I would expect a more mature film based on those themes. If DOFP is a success (and I want it to be) then let Fox focus on that universe. I like having different CBMs with different tones. But send the FF home already.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #7
Zarex
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlueWonder View Post
I felt X2 and First Class were better movies than all MS films possibly with exception of Iron Man. I loved the Avengers but it's just a great popcorn flick and I personally prefer movies that are great film making.
There's no doubt that the X-Men series underlying theme of prejudice in a world of superhumans is compelling. The problem is that, with the exception of Charles, Erik and Logan, the characters and their relationships are so woefully underdeveloped that the tragedies that befall them are stripped of their meaning. The "death" of a supporting character in the 2012 "popcorn flick" had far more resonance than the death of two founding X Men in XM:TLS. If you like the extremely shallow and wildly inconsistent treatment of characters and relationships, then I can see why FOX's X-Men films would appeal to you.

Old 09-02-2013, 10:10 AM   #8
Shazam
Side-Kick

I want these fools to hurry up and make this next movie with Shia Lebouf as Reed and the black Johnny Storm so that it will crash and burn........then go back to Marvel where it belongs!!

So let's hurry up, FOX! Git er done!!

Old 09-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #9
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnaroknroll View Post
I have issues with the continuity mess of the Fox-Men and the way they have abused many key characters, but I'll admit I like First Class. It was well done in my opinion. But Fox has also been making X-Men films for 13 years. It was also completely different in tone and source material from what Marvel Studios has had to work with to achieve success. It's a safer property for Fox to handle at this point. They have not demonstrated competency with any other Marvel property. And even X-Men has had its peaks and valleys. It's been a rough road. X3/Borigins anyone?

What you may call a popcorn flick I call the greatest CBM ever made. The movies leading up to Avengers did everything right to make the final culmination a success so yes you can have a high tech industrialist hang with a Viking deity from space and a dude frozen in ice wearing a spangly outfit covered in stars and stripes.

Not everything has to be dark and depressing or address deep or disturbing social issues. Comics are fun. The Avengers was a living breathing comic book on celluloid. It made me feel like a kid again and you could actually take kids to see it. It was entertaining for all ages. What in the world is wrong with that?

That right there convinces me that the FF absolutely belongs with Marvel Studios.

OTOH, the X-Men as a comic has always been driven by deeper, underlying themes so I would expect a more mature film based on those themes. If DOFP is a success (and I want it to be) then let Fox focus on that universe. I like having different CBMs with different tones. But send the FF home already.
There is nothing wrong with TA, I said it was a great film but it does have a few flaws. First Class was an ensemble movie too kind of but I thought it had more heart. Watch the scene with Xavier telling Magneto how to control his powers that was one of the most powerful scenes in a comic book movie.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 10:12 AM   #10
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
I want these fools to hurry up and make this next movie with Shia Lebouf as Reed and the black Johnny Storm so that it will crash and burn........then go back to Marvel where it belongs!!

So let's hurry up, FOX! Git er done!!
Yea this post pretty much sums up why MCU Fanboyism is getting a bad reputation.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #11
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

For the record I like some FOX movies and some Marvel Studios movies

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 12:45 PM   #12
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Yea this post pretty much sums up why MCU Fanboyism is getting a bad reputation.
... actually... sums up alot of what people expect from FOX's true reputation with the team.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 09-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
... actually... sums up alot of what people expect from FOX's true reputation with the team.
Absolutely!!

I want FF to go back to Marvel asap! So the sooner they create another disaster, the better for us fans!

Old 09-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #14
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
Absolutely!!

I want FF to go back to Marvel asap! So the sooner they create another disaster, the better for us fans!
If Fox makes a crappy film, we probably won't see a Marvel FF film until 2025 at the earliest.

Think about it - once they release the film in 2015, the countdown will start all over and the rights won't revert until 2022 at the earliest. Then figure at least 3 years for marvel to plan and make a film and fit it into whatever they're doing at that time, and I think 2025 is the absolute earliest we could hope for anything.

With that in mind, I want either Marvel to get the rights back soon or I want Fox to make a good film. I'm too old to wait 12 more years - and if it's really a bad film, it could kill any interest in the property and we might never get a good film.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:09 PM   #15
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
If Fox makes a crappy film, we probably won't see a Marvel FF film until 2025 at the earliest.

Think about it - once they release the film in 2015, the countdown will start all over and the rights won't revert until 2022 at the earliest. Then figure at least 3 years for marvel to plan and make a film and fit it into whatever they're doing at that time, and I think 2025 is the absolute earliest we could hope for anything.

With that in mind, I want either Marvel to get the rights back soon or I want Fox to make a good film. I'm too old to wait 12 more years - and if it's really a bad film, it could kill any interest in the property and we might never get a good film.
Well, that sounds reasonable, but it depends on what fans and casuals expect to see in a 'good film.'

The previous two films, while weak and cartoonish, are well remembered so they have that to get over (much like TASM had to try to overcome the deja vu of Raimi's origin film 12 years earlier).

Also, if the new film turns out to be crap, they might still try a crossover of some kind with X-Men as one last resort.

Singer did mention at Comic-Con that he had a Marvel mash-up in mind and that sounds like X-Men and Fantastic Four (though it could mean something else entirely).

Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #16
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Ridiculous he is praying for a movie to fail. Even if you wanted the rights back you should never pray for a movie to fail, that is the height of ignorance.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 02:19 PM   #17
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Ridiculous he is praying for a movie to fail. Even if you wanted the rights back you should never pray for a movie to fail, that is the height of ignorance.
They either work for Marvel or Disney or have reached the depths of fanboyism.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
fangz
Side-Kick

ah. but this plastic passion is the nadir of night.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #19
fangz
Side-Kick

@Redbluewonder - why is it the 'height of ignorance' to pray that a movie fails?

maybe my even asking that question will make you re-examine how high ignorance can go....
haha. but i'm really wondering what you mean by that...

Old 09-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #20
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

eh... i'd be lying if i said part of me doesnt want the movie to fail...

i'd just very much prefer production fail and Fox never make this movie...

Im all for a good movie, but I don't think Fantastic Four can have a fruitful and all compassing franchise with it being at Fox... FOX could probably spit out 2-3 good movies if they really tried, however... I don't see them trying hard thus far... and I'd much rather give Fantastic Four the Potential to carry a major franchise of more than 4 films....

and with marvel, i think the potential is relatively limitless...

I'd much rather marvel get the rights back anyway possible (even if a fox film fails) than get a small yet "decent" franchise from FOX...

If FOX makes this film and it's a major flop... they might actually be willing to give up the rights to the characters, deeming them unprofitable for the company.

[=]
Old 09-02-2013, 03:14 PM   #21
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangz View Post
@Redbluewonder - why is it the 'height of ignorance' to pray that a movie fails?

maybe my even asking that question will make you re-examine how high ignorance can go....
haha. but i'm really wondering what you mean by that...
You should never wish for a film to fail. Marvel,FOX,Sony I don't give a s*** I just want to like all Marvel Movies. If the film goes into production people will spit and do everything they can to make it flop simply because they are childish and want Marvel to have all their toys back. This could still be a great franchise without the MCU. There were great Franchises before the MCU and there still can be.

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #22
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

If Fox makes the movie and this one fails, IMO, it will be 3 strikes and this franchise will be dead for good. Marvel/Disney will look for other family oriented superhero franchises that they already own to take the place of the F4. Can anyone take a guess?

Either Fox finally gets it right, which they can do....or they don't do it at all and the rights can then go back to Marvel for a restart, or it fails and we never see an F4 movie on the big screen again. So right now, if Fox does it, I want a fantastic movie, for the simple reason that I like going to good movies.

This "I hope it fails..." stuff is just silly, and if we see the movie going into production and we begin to see things happen, I hope you guys who are on the "I hope it fails..." bandwagon, move on, because it won't be much fun around here for you I'm afraid.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #23
Mr. Dent
Banned User

If Marvel had FF I guarantee it would be a $600m+ per movie franchise.

EDIT: If the movie fails and goes back to Marvel even if we don't get another FF movie for a long time I'll still be happy because Galactus, Silver Surfer, Annihilus, the Negative Zone, full Skrull rights, Latveria, and Doom will be back at Marvel.

So no, hoping the movie fails isn't silly. There's a win in it either way.

Old 09-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #24
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
If Fox makes the movie and this one fails, IMO, it will be 3 strikes and this franchise will be dead for good. Marvel/Disney will look for other family oriented superhero franchises that they already own to take the place of the F4. Can anyone take a guess?

Either Fox finally gets it right, which they can do....or they don't do it at all and the rights can then go back to Marvel for a restart, or it fails and we never see an F4 movie on the big screen again. So right now, if Fox does it, I want a fantastic movie, for the simple reason that I like going to good movies.

This "I hope it fails..." stuff is just silly, and if we see the movie going into production and we begin to see things happen, I hope you guys who are on the "I hope it fails..." bandwagon, move on, because it won't be much fun around here for you I'm afraid.
Thank you

Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 09-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
They either work for Marvel or Disney or have reached the depths of fanboyism.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post

I disagree, Marvel actually has faith in their properties. We might get the Fan 4 showing up in another movie like The Avengers before we get their solo, but marvel isn't going to let their first family sit on a shelf. Especially if they too feel FOX hasn't handled them properly.

No matter how bad FOX handles the FF they will return again... if Batman can recover from the Schumacher films.. and Superman can recover from Returns... FF will be a piece of cake if handled decently.

[=]
Closed Thread