Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

That's definitely gold.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #277
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

so in the next few days we're going to be getting a 30 and 60 second trailer, as well as a new official art piece? Sweeet! might be my last string of IM3 related info after that. Everything else that comes out is gunna be too much lol.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:46 PM   #278
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The thing about Vision, though, is that wouldn't be much of a scoop. There's been rumors of Vision --- especially Coulson as Vision --- since last summer. So Mayimbe would look kinda lame building up a lot of hype for a "scoop" that's already been circulating in Rumorville for so long already.

That's why, even though I was only half-joking about it, I think it very well *could* be Jay-Z himself that Mayimbe is talking about. Maybe as Luke Cage....or maybe as....

....Thanos...?!?
That would be horrible news

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-28-2013, 07:09 PM   #279
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I think we can all agree on that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 PM   #280
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I think we can all agree on that.
Speak for yourself.

If the hint *does* turn out to be Jay Z related, I'm also tossing out the possibility that he could be not only Cage, or Thanos, but also may even inherit the mantle of the late great MCD's Kingpin from Daredevil.

haters gonna hate

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-28-2013, 08:04 PM   #281
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Maya Hanson from Empire via JoshW from CBM

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 01-28-2013 at 09:22 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:12 PM   #282
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

that gauntlet sequence sounds awesome lol.

okay this gold discrepancy is getting on my nerves now. im starting to think that the mark 42 = the ugly gold, and the mark 47 = the proper gold.

i know they are probably one in the same, but far out there has been some inconsistent colours in the iron man 3 marketing... it's as if they also think the new "gold" isnt that attractive so they alter their toys and images, which is misleading in my eyes.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-28-2013, 08:53 PM   #283
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
maya hanson from empire via joshw from cbm
hot

Old 01-28-2013, 08:54 PM   #284
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

According to ScreenCrush, and other sources, the Shane Black-helmed actioner will get not one, but two Super Bowl commercials. Marvel will premiere a new :60 trailer plus a shorter :30 TV spot that may air during the pre- or post-game show.
Read more at cbm website

Old 01-28-2013, 09:00 PM   #285
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

If the hint *does* turn out to be Jay Z related, I'm also tossing out the possibility that he could be not only Cage, or Thanos, but also may even inherit the mantle of the late great MCD's Kingpin from Daredevil.

haters gonna hate
yikes the Jay-Z speculation is worse than all of LokiD's stuff haha... but Sam do you think with possible Vision rumor now that LokiD's info of possible Janet/Ultron intro in this movie gives what he was saying a bit more credit? Still wait and see on everything tho of course.

Old 01-28-2013, 09:08 PM   #286
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

where did all this vision and jay Z stuff come from?

the only thing i read was that the 2nd part of the RDJ interview will cryptically tease an avengers cameo...

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-28-2013, 09:24 PM   #287
eddy
Side-Kick

I thought the Jay Z thing was a joke. Hence the sarcasm smiley.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:35 PM   #288
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

ah k lol.

im PUMPED that we get not one but two super bowl spots. good on ya marvel.

the 90 second spot for the lone ranger feels a bit John Carter to me.. hope it doesn't bomb.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-28-2013, 09:45 PM   #289
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
that gauntlet sequence sounds awesome

It will probably be as cool as the Mark VII suit up.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:03 PM   #290
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
yikes the Jay-Z speculation is worse than all of LokiD's stuff haha... but Sam do you think with possible Vision rumor now that LokiD's info of possible Janet/Ultron intro in this movie gives what he was saying a bit more credit? Still wait and see on everything tho of course.
I don't think it would give any more weight to the Janet rumors at all, but it could support some of the Ultron theories.

But Kevin Feige is smarter than that....he knows the sequence has to run Hank Pym --> Ultron --> Vision. And technically, Wonder Man before Vision. Although I'll say that Simon is enough of a tertiary character to get skipped. Plus, wasn't it Joss who said he doesn't like that character?

*Edit: And just to stir the pot, because I feel like it: if (BIG "if") El Mayimbe's "scoop" is supposed to be about Vision, then I'll go on record as saying that this actually supports my theory (one of them, anyway) that Stephanie Szostak is actually playing *Wanda Maximoff.* Not Janet Van Dyne.

Last edited by cherokeesam; 01-28-2013 at 10:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:12 PM   #291
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

We shall see sam, We shall see...in less than 3 months

Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #292
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
I don't think it would give any more weight to the Janet rumors at all, but it could support some of the Ultron theories.

But Kevin Feige is smarter than that....he knows the sequence has to run Hank Pym --> Ultron --> Vision. And technically, Wonder Man before Vision. Although I'll say that Simon is enough of a tertiary character to get skipped. Plus, wasn't it Joss who said he doesn't like that character?

*Edit: And just to stir the pot, because I feel like it: if (BIG "if") El Mayimbe's "scoop" is supposed to be about Vision, then I'll go on record as saying that this actually supports my theory (one of them, anyway) that Stephanie Szostak is actually playing *Wanda Maximoff.* Not Janet Van Dyne.
Jesus christ no...Scarlett Witch in the current MCU makes no sense much less appearing in an Iron Man movie...not to mention Szostak looks absolutely nothing like her in the scene we see her in.

If the scoop is Vision, what I'm thinking may happen is Janet appears in IM3 connected to some experiment by AIM; we get an after credits scene involving a certain scientist who works for AIM. Throughout Phase 2 we get build up to this guy's experiments and they come to fruition in A2. We get Pym Particles and Ultron in A2 which leads to Vision in the same film. Pym decides to retire because of the evil rout by Ultron. The Ant-Man movie will be the story of Scott Lang stealing Pym's technology and becoming the new, permanent Ant-Man.

I don't actually see any of that happening besides Janet making a cameo, but that's just my out-of-left-field crazy theory if Vision turns out to be the scoop.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #293
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Jigga as Thanos?

Death my lady love, gonna keep on fightin'
Impress her with my body count, ya'll gon' remember this Titan

Old 01-28-2013, 10:40 PM   #294
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

True, but the MCU has different rules than the 616 and Ultimate universes. It doesn't have to go by the exact same rules, like how Loki teamed up with Thanos and had an alien army invade Manhattan. I don't remember that happening with Loki in The Avengers comic books.

I could see Stark creating Vision/Jarvis, and Pym creating Ultron by (maybe) using some of Vision's components and his own as well. We can see Ultron in Ant-Man, foreshadowing what would come in A3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #295
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
It will probably be as cool as the Mark VII suit up.

I don't know if anything can beat that one.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #296
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Jesus christ no...Scarlett Witch in the current MCU makes no sense much less appearing in an Iron Man movie...not to mention Szostak looks absolutely nothing like her in the scene we see her in.

If the scoop is Vision, what I'm thinking may happen is Janet appears in IM3 connected to some experiment by AIM; we get an after credits scene involving a certain scientist who works for AIM. Throughout Phase 2 we get build up to this guy's experiments and they come to fruition in A2. We get Pym Particles and Ultron in A2 which leads to Vision in the same film. Pym decides to retire because of the evil rout by Ultron. The Ant-Man movie will be the story of Scott Lang stealing Pym's technology and becoming the new, permanent Ant-Man.

I don't actually see any of that happening besides Janet making a cameo, but that's just my out-of-left-field crazy theory if Vision turns out to be the scoop.
That makes even *less* sense than Scarlet Witch suddenly showing up. At least SW has a connection to Vision --- husband and wife --- while Wasp is just a "distant cousin" of Ultron's creation.

But the bottom line is that neither Wasp, nor Scarlet Witch, nor Vision, nor Ultron, nor Hank Pym have a goddamn thing to do with the Iron Man mythos, other than strictly business relationships within the Avengers. I hope to hell El Mayimbe isn't even remotely suggesting any of these possibilities for IM3; and if he is, I pray that he's as full of crap as his wild-ass rumors normally are.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:52 PM   #297
Mr. Dent
Banned User

You can't tell me that makes less sense than Scarlet Witch showing up in a universe she shouldn't exist in. I know Marvel MAY have rights to her, that doesn't change that the entire backstory of her character would have to change for her to actually be in the universe, in which case why even use her. And that marriage, like a lot of comic relationships, was a part of a story and isn't tied to the character's core mythos. Wasp makes much more sense considering she is directly connected to Ultron's creator and, unlike Scarlet Witch, that actually is a part of her core mythos.

And while you're right that none of them are key parts of the Iron Man mythos, Wasp and Hank make a lot more sense to include in an IM film as a cameo in the context of the universe, especially if the rumor of Hank being involved with AIM (which appears to be a type of research organization full of scientists in the MCU) is true. Justine Hammer is a more likely scenario to me than Scarlet Witch, and even that theory I don't believe.

Also

Old 01-28-2013, 11:33 PM   #298
Chris B
Side-Kick

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Mayinbe's hint is going to be seen as not really meaning anything in hindsight.

I'm guessing thay it'll probably be CATWS or GOTG related.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:00 AM   #299
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
You can't tell me that makes less sense than Scarlet Witch showing up in a universe she shouldn't exist in. I know Marvel MAY have rights to her, that doesn't change that the entire backstory of her character would have to change for her to actually be in the universe, in which case why even use her. And that marriage, like a lot of comic relationships, was a part of a story and isn't tied to the character's core mythos. Wasp makes much more sense considering she is directly connected to Ultron's creator and, unlike Scarlet Witch, that actually is a part of her core mythos.

And while you're right that none of them are key parts of the Iron Man mythos, Wasp and Hank make a lot more sense to include in an IM film as a cameo in the context of the universe, especially if the rumor of Hank being involved with AIM (which appears to be a type of research organization full of scientists in the MCU) is true. Justine Hammer is a more likely scenario to me than Scarlet Witch, and even that theory I don't believe.

Also

Bull****, "that marriage isn't tied to the character's core mythos." Everything about Scarlet Witch and Vision's life stories revolve around their connection to each other, up to and including Wanda's catastrophic breakdown that not only shattered and disassembled the Avengers forever, but also resulted in Vision's death, getting ripped to shreds by Shulkie.

Also: there's no indication whatsoever that the MCU version of AIM is a social club for eeee-vil scientists. Instead, it looks like a sotfware company in the IM3 set pix. And there's *certainly* no indication that Hank Pym is tied to them; just fanboy speculation run amok.

And also: what are you trying to prove with that picture of a Silver Age Janet getting sloppy drunk and making a pass at Tony? (Or is it vice versa....?) That this is what the Szostak scene is supposed to represent?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:06 AM   #300
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Didn't want to start a new thread for this, as it's a random thought and has probably been pointed out a million times by other people, but...

I continue to be impressed with how great a job Marvel has done at actually portraying how the events of each film impact and inform the next. Watching Iron Man 2 a few weeks ago, and post-Avengers it's pretty cool to see Rhodey going on about how Tony doesn't have to operate alone. It really does feel like the character grew in a way that had a meaningful impact on the next installment.

A few days ago I'm watching the scene in The Avengers where the Mark VII deploys, and for the first time it hits me how proto-Extremis the whole thing seems. I think when The Avengers and Iron Man 3 are watched back to back it'll seem like a very logical progression, like Tony was clearly already thinking about the idea of his armor coming to him. Mind = blown.

Closed Thread