The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #301
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

nvmd..

Last edited by mkilban2; 01-29-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:26 AM   #302
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Deep Space Suit?

Old 01-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #303
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

double post..

Last edited by mkilban2; 01-29-2013 at 12:40 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #304
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Which is funny since I've mentioned the fan idea of maybe using Jarvis in the construction of Vision in some way so you can have Paul Bettany as the Vision.
I don't want either happening

Old 01-29-2013, 01:08 AM   #305
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Actually, I am pretty sure that Thor is going to be killed by Ultron like in A:EMH, and his godly body will lay there. Ultron will take it, and build the vision. So Thor will become the vision.

SO now, the vision gets his own franchise, and he goes to asgard and does stuff.

That IS what is happening, bank on it. guys....guys.

trust me.

Old 01-29-2013, 01:18 AM   #306
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Actually, I am pretty sure that Thor is going to be killed by Ultron like in A:EMH, and his godly body will lay there. Ultron will take it, and build the vision. So Thor will become the vision.

SO now, the vision gets his own franchise, and he goes to asgard and does stuff.

That IS what is happening, bank on it. guys....guys.

trust me.
I heard that they've made a deal with Fox to cross X-Men and Avengers. Ultron will capture Kitty and Rogue to install their phasing and flight abilities into Vision, then he'll concentrate Cyclops' crimson beams into one little red solar jewel and put it on Vision's forehead.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:21 AM   #307
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I heard that they've made a deal with Fox to cross X-Men and Avengers. Ultron will capture Kitty and Rogue to install their phasing and flight abilities into Vision, then he'll concentrate Cyclops' crimson beams into one little red solar jewel and put it on Vision's forehead.
oh...that actually does sound familiar, and more logical, not sure where I got the thor things from, my sources must've been full of crap..thor becoming the vision, pft, that's ridiculous. The news you'be heard is clearly more plausible

Old 01-29-2013, 01:27 AM   #308
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
oh...that actually does sound familiar, and more logical, not sure where I got the thor things from, my sources must've been full of crap..thor becoming the vision, pft, that's ridiculous. The news you'be heard is clearly more plausible
I think your source was right about the Thor thing. We're both right. After Thor is defeated, Ultron is reportedly worthy enough to lift Mjolnir and reportedly creates Vision's body out of Uru metal. Storm is reportedly surprised when she comes to blows with Vision, discovering that he can make much more powerful storms than she can. Reportedly, of course.

Take this all with a grain of salt, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 01-29-2013 at 01:34 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 01:32 AM   #309
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I think your source was right about the Thor thing. We're both right. After Thor is defeated, Ultron is reportedly worthy enough to lift Mjolnir and reportedly creates Vision's body out of Uru metal. Storm is reportedly surprised when she comes to blows with Vision, discovering that he can make much more powerful storms than she can. Reportedly, of course.

Take this all with a grain of salt, though.
I also heard that since this, at the time, evil vision is a partially Ultron's ai, it starts to become it's own, sentient, and self replicating ai in a way. Since Thor is a being with emotions, Vision will experience emotions. the vision's strength will actually increase greatly based on his level of rage, due to the coding of his ai, and the ever self replicating and expanding nature of it. Making Vision, not hulk, the strongest, worthiest one there is

I think it's time to take these with actually a solid pebble, because clearly our sources are telling us similar things

Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 AM   #310
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I also heard that since this, at the time, evil vision is a partially Ultron's ai, it starts to become it's own, sentient, and self replicating ai in a way. Since Thor is a being with emotions, Vision will experience emotions. the vision's strength will actually increase greatly based on his level of rage, due to the coding of his ai, and the ever self replicating and expanding nature of it. Making Vision, not hulk, the strongest, worthiest one there is

I think it's time to take these with actually a solid pebble, because clearly our sources are telling us similar things
Did you hear about evil Vision having feelings for Jane Foster? I heard that they get together and birth a Human/Android/Asgardian/Chitauri daughter named Thora Thorson. Yeah, Jane's secretly half Chitauri and hasn't told Thor yet because of how he'd react. There will be major conflict over this between them in TDW.

LOL! "Solid pebble". I think our sources might be the same person. Is yours Kevin Feige too?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 AM   #311
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

oh you ^

does anyone else think my idea of there being both a mark 42 and a mark 47 is worth entertaining?

the armor looks so much better when the cream-gold is gold-gold, as all the images show. i'm probably wrong but i'm hoping the cream gold suit is the one which gets hacked/sentient and the one tony returns with after being stranded in the snow is an updated model with the proper gold colour scheme.

i find the inconsistency of the colours in the marketing for this movie to be pretty lame. (and yes, i am someone who hated the new armor when it was unveiled at CC last yr)

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #312
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Bull****, "that marriage isn't tied to the character's core mythos." Everything about Scarlet Witch and Vision's life stories revolve around their connection to each other, up to and including Wanda's catastrophic breakdown that not only shattered and disassembled the Avengers forever, but also resulted in Vision's death, getting ripped to shreds by Shulkie.
This did nothing to disvalue what I said. Her marriage to him, as I said, was a story. It's not a key, classic part of her character mythos, which is a) daughter of Magneto and b) queen of mutants, in a sense. Everything that's key to her mythos styms off of those two things and everything else is mere stories.

Quote:
Also: there's no indication whatsoever that the MCU version of AIM is a social club for eeee-vil scientists. Instead, it looks like a sotfware company in the IM3 set pix. And there's *certainly* no indication that Hank Pym is tied to them; just fanboy speculation run amok.
I never said it was a collection of evil scientists. I said it was a research organization made up of scientists. Are they going to have evil scientists among their ranks? Yes, but on the surface the organization is not going to be seen as an international terrorist group made up of scientists like in the comics. I'm saying that the MCU is going to make it either a company or research organization that has some evil people in it and at the top, which matches the tone they're going for.

And there's no indication for anything we're discussing here, therefore if we come at it from that standpoint then everything both you and I have to say is invalid. I called them rumors for a reason. We're speculating, but I think both of us and a large majority of the fanbase are well versed in comics enough to make educated guesses on what route Marvel is going with the bit of information we have.

Furthermore, I know you're calling it fanboy spec because one of the sources of the rumor was Roger Wardell, who has still yet to be proven wrong while having a proven track record of several correct leaks. It even seems like to me your vigorous stance against Wasp being in the film stems from a desire for Wardell to be wrong. In any case, you can't claim what he has posted as fanboy speculation when you have nothing to put against him while he's actually been right on several occasions.

Quote:
And also: what are you trying to prove with that picture of a Silver Age Janet getting sloppy drunk and making a pass at Tony? (Or is it vice versa....?) That this is what the Szostak scene is supposed to represent?
No, I remember someone (maybe you not sure) said that Janet wouldn't make a pass at Tony because she is Hank's love interest in the comics, while the truth is Janet is actually pretty ****ty.

Old 01-29-2013, 06:18 AM   #313
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
This did nothing to disvalue what I said. Her marriage to him, as I said, was a story. It's not a key, classic part of her character mythos, which is a) daughter of Magneto and b) queen of mutants, in a sense. Everything that's key to her mythos styms off of those two things and everything else is mere stories.
Thanks for completely brushing off Wanda's Avenger persona like it doesn't matter one bit.

The fact of the matter is that Wanda's story has deep roots in both the Avengers *and* the X-Men --- or, more specifically, the Brotherhood. That's the reason Kevin Feige, when asked specifically about her, said that *both* Fox and Marvel Studios can use her, within the confines of both groups (i.e., Avenger Wanda for the MCU, Maximoff Wanda for the FCU).

And keep in mind that Avenger Wanda is a much older, more classic version of the character than the one X-Fans know. Buscema didn't add Wanda & Pietro to Magneto's family tree until 1979, 14 years after Wanda had joined the Avengers and had already married Vision.

Quote:
I never said it was a collection of evil scientists. I said it was a research organization made up of scientists. Are they going to have evil scientists among their ranks? Yes, but on the surface the organization is not going to be seen as an international terrorist group made up of scientists like in the comics. I'm saying that the MCU is going to make it either a company or research organization that has some evil people in it and at the top, which matches the tone they're going for.
Fair enough. I think we both agree that AIM is going to be an above-board company or organization, with some shady characters on the board of directors, and not some secret sinister cabal like in the comics.

Quote:
And there's no indication for anything we're discussing here, therefore if we come at it from that standpoint then everything both you and I have to say is invalid. I called them rumors for a reason. We're speculating, but I think both of us and a large majority of the fanbase are well versed in comics enough to make educated guesses on what route Marvel is going with the bit of information we have.
But any discussion about Hank Pym and/or Janet Van Dyne having ties to AIM is *not* an educated guess by a fanbase well-versed in comics. Because fanboys actually know damn well that the Pyms have absolutely *nothing* to do with AIM in the comics.

Quote:
Furthermore, I know you're calling it fanboy spec because one of the sources of the rumor was Roger Wardell, who has still yet to be proven wrong while having a proven track record of several correct leaks. It even seems like to me your vigorous stance against Wasp being in the film stems from a desire for Wardell to be wrong. In any case, you can't claim what he has posted as fanboy speculation when you have nothing to put against him while he's actually been right on several occasions.
1. Roger Wardell never said that Wasp would be in the film. He only said that fans would go crazy when they find out who Szostak plays. A handful of dedicated disciples then arbitrarily decided that *clearly* meant Wasp. So no: if Szostak isn't playing Wasp (and she isn't), that doesn't "disprove" Wardell at all. So that's *not* me trying to prove Wardell wrong.

2. But on the subject of Ol' Rodge, since you brought it up:

Coulson is in IM3. Marvel is making a new Hulk movie. Adam Warlock and Magus will be in GOTG. Marvel is bringing back Red Skull. Joss may be developing a Hulk TV show. Viggo Mortensen will be in the MCU in some capacity. Cobie Smulders, Maximiliano Hernandez and Titus Welliver will be on the SHIELD show. SHIELD will use archive footage from the Avengers movie. Killian is an unwilling pawn of the Mandarin in IM3. Chen Lu will be in IM3, but not as Radioactive Man. Mockingbird will be in SHIELD. Fing (sic) Fang Foom will be in IM3.

^These are all Wardell "prophecies" that have been either denied or flat-out disproven by Marvel. He's got as much *wrong* as he's got *right,* and the things he got right can easily be attributed to scouring the Internet or just plain wild-ass guesses, as opposed to any proven sources or insider information.

There's an old saying around here: even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile.

Quote:
No, I remember someone (maybe you not sure) said that Janet wouldn't make a pass at Tony because she is Hank's love interest in the comics, while the truth is Janet is actually pretty ****ty.

That frame shows Tony making a pass at *her,* not vice versa; and it happens to be during the time she divorced Hank after the infamous slap heard 'round the world. As a divorcee, she dated Tony for a time in the early 80s, and later Paladin; and in the 90s, a brief fling with Hawkeye. If you think being a sexually active divorcee makes a woman a ****, I think you need to review your mores and join the rest of us up here in the 21st century.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM   #314
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
According to ScreenCrush, and other sources, the Shane Black-helmed actioner will get not one, but two Super Bowl commercials. Marvel will premiere a new :60 trailer plus a shorter :30 TV spot that may air during the pre- or post-game show.
Read more at cbm website
That would be a tremendous waste of of money, they'd be better off giving Thor a spot.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 01-29-2013, 07:49 AM   #315
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
That would be a tremendous waste of of money, they'd be better off giving Thor a spot.
I think so, too.

IM3 sells itself; Iron Man, and any movie with him in it, is still by far the biggest box office draw in Marvel Studios. There's plenty of IM3 trailers and footage to go around already, too, so it's not like some Super Bowl spots are going to sway the undecided.

Thor is the one that's going to need some marketing and promotional boosts. I don't think Thor (or Cap, for that matter) can rely on Avengers carryover audiences alone. Somebody needs to sell that.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-29-2013, 07:50 AM   #316
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

Thor doesn't come out until November, so giving it a Super Bowl spot would be a real waste of money. By the time the film comes out 9 months will have passed, three seasons will have come and gone and Thanksgiving will be around the corner. The ad will be forgotten and they'll have to start their marketing nearly from scratch. Better to spend that money promoting the film that's coming out in three months instead.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:16 AM   #317
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I think so, too.

IM3 sells itself; Iron Man, and any movie with him in it, is still by far the biggest box office draw in Marvel Studios. There's plenty of IM3 trailers and footage to go around already, too, so it's not like some Super Bowl spots are going to sway the undecided.

Thor is the one that's going to need some marketing and promotional boosts. I don't think Thor (or Cap, for that matter) can rely on Avengers carryover audiences alone. Somebody needs to sell that.
Hey, let's have Iron Man, the biggest box office draw in Marvel Studios, sell it, shall we? Sounds like a plan.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:20 AM   #318
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Was that you that commented on the article about this over at CBM? There's another poster there who thinks it's Vision as well. It could be, but I don't see any Avengers-oriented things being shown at the Superbowl. It's too far off.
I don't think it's Vision either. For Vision you need Ultron and there hasn't even been a HINT of Ultron yet, not to mention I think it was Fiege that said no Vision to any Coulson related stuff on the SHIELD tv show.

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Last edited by Vartha; 01-29-2013 at 08:27 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #319
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Jesus christ no...Scarlett Witch in the current MCU makes no sense much less appearing in an Iron Man movie...not to mention Szostak looks absolutely nothing like her in the scene we see her in.

If the scoop is Vision, what I'm thinking may happen is Janet appears in IM3 connected to some experiment by AIM; we get an after credits scene involving a certain scientist who works for AIM. Throughout Phase 2 we get build up to this guy's experiments and they come to fruition in A2. We get Pym Particles and Ultron in A2 which leads to Vision in the same film. Pym decides to retire because of the evil rout by Ultron. The Ant-Man movie will be the story of Scott Lang stealing Pym's technology and becoming the new, permanent Ant-Man.

I don't actually see any of that happening besides Janet making a cameo, but that's just my out-of-left-field crazy theory if Vision turns out to be the scoop.
I just had a scarey thought.....what if Coulson's "CHELLIST" that moved out to Washington IS the Scarlet Witch?

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 01-29-2013, 09:41 AM   #320
TomPiltoff
you are all diseased

Cellist, bro.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:52 AM   #321
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomPiltoff View Post
Cellist, bro.
Also, it was Portland.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #322
Smashlilman
Ouch!!!!

Quote:
not really post game and pre game advertising cost are normal.

Loki: i have an army
Tony Stark: we have a hulk!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #323
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick

Apparently it's during the 2nd quarter. Also found this:

Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM   #324
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Did you hear about evil Vision having feelings for Jane Foster? I heard that they get together and birth a Human/Android/Asgardian/Chitauri daughter named Thora Thorson. Yeah, Jane's secretly half Chitauri and hasn't told Thor yet because of how he'd react. There will be major conflict over this between them in TDW.

LOL! "Solid pebble". I think our sources might be the same person. Is yours Kevin Feige too?
..no...way....yes, same source, but I never heard of Jane being half Chitauri!!!!

Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #325
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
..no...way....yes, same source, but I never heard of Jane being half Chitauri!!!!
It's gonna be an M. Night style twist! Jagua, you're awesome man.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread