The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 06:22 PM   #451
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

So ET is just about over. Has anyone seen the teaser of the teaser yet?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 01-30-2013, 06:27 PM   #452
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
Okay guys, I am going to just going to say something regarding the image posted. I know that no one is on the same page as I am, but I MAY have come up with something.

Since those covers really don't give anything away, i figured that they may just be hints. I sat and thought about it for a little while, about Ms Marvel, and those covers. Nothing came to mind, except the fantastic four.

There was a crossover in the 70's between the Avengers, and the Fantastic four. They were fighting Ultron. Ms Marvel, before that, was sort of a member of the defenders (I think?) but she came to the avengers side, and helped them defeat Ultron. After that..she became a regular member of the avengers..
I don't think so, unless you're thinking of something else. In the 70s Ms Marvel assisted the Avengers against Ultron during the Korvac saga in issues #170-171. She guest-starred in a Defenders issue (but that didn't really make her a team member) prior to that. When Carol did assist the Avengers, she wasn't a regular member of the team and kind of dropped in and out. The Fantastic Four weren't involved in this story at all.

The team that were involved, albeit not in the Ultron story but the overall Korvac saga, were the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Ms Marvel joined in the climactic battle against Michael Korvac in the classic issue "The Hope and the Slaughter" where Korvac fought the combined might of the Avengers and the Guardians.

Only after that did Carol become a regular member of the Avengers.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #453
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

k they just showed IM3 sneak peak at ET, same as the one Freshman posted

Old 01-30-2013, 06:41 PM   #454
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
It's spilling out in the brief clip. If it's not blood, it's something liquid.
Blinker fluid.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #455
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
I'm telling you guys, it's a clump of dirt.
It's visibly leaking out onto the ground.

Edit: disregard. saw your next post.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 01-30-2013, 06:53 PM   #456
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

[

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't think so, unless you're thinking of something else. In the 70s Ms Marvel assisted the Avengers against Ultron during the Korvac saga in issues #170-171. She guest-starred in a Defenders issue (but that didn't really make her a team member) prior to that. When Carol did assist the Avengers, she wasn't a regular member of the team and kind of dropped in and out. The Fantastic Four weren't involved in this story at all.

The team that were involved, albeit not in the Ultron story but the overall Korvac saga, were the original Guardians of the Galaxy. Ms Marvel joined in the climactic battle against Michael Korvac in the classic issue "The Hope and the Slaughter" where Korvac fought the combined might of the Avengers and the Guardians.

Only after that did Carol become a regular member of the Avengers.
I know I am really reaching. But I am just trying to tie her to that picture that was posted of the covers.

edit: this is how I am thinking. Korvac was the big picture, ultron was just a small part, not even a part, just a separate arc. But my point was, what if instead of being a guest of the defenders, she is a guest of the gotg? She helps the avengers take on Ultron (hypothetically if he shows up of course), meanwhile, the big picture is Thanos, instead of Korvac, and like in the Korvac Saga, the guardians help stop him, and AFTER THAT she becomes a full fledged avenger. Again, Ultron turns up in the fantastic four and avengers cross over, is defeated, and comes back. IF there is any significance to the 3 issues there, that's where I draw my conclusion from, how does carol relate to that? Ultron was involved in that cross over, and Ultron was the first time she helped fight with the avengers (I think). Again, I KNOW this is incredible reaching, I am just trying to find some significance to that picture. What if they are following the Korvac Saga? Except Thanos is in his place? and Ultron just has a small arc in the whole thing?? That would be cool I think.

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-30-2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:23 PM   #457
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

that 10 second teaser was predominantly old footage. wtf. i guess it is good not to be spoiled, but yeah..

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-30-2013, 07:43 PM   #458
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
[

I know I am really reaching. But I am just trying to tie her to that picture that was posted of the covers.

edit: this is how I am thinking. Korvac was the big picture, ultron was just a small part, not even a part, just a separate arc. But my point was, what if instead of being a guest of the defenders, she is a guest of the gotg? She helps the avengers take on Ultron (hypothetically if he shows up of course), meanwhile, the big picture is Thanos, instead of Korvac, and like in the Korvac Saga, the guardians help stop him, and AFTER THAT she becomes a full fledged avenger. Again, Ultron turns up in the fantastic four and avengers cross over, is defeated, and comes back. IF there is any significance to the 3 issues there, that's where I draw my conclusion from, how does carol relate to that? Ultron was involved in that cross over, and Ultron was the first time she helped fight with the avengers (I think). Again, I KNOW this is incredible reaching, I am just trying to find some significance to that picture
Your post doesn't really make sense in relation to your earlier one. If by "reaching" you mean that it was the Guardians and not the Fantastic Four who team up with the Avengers to fight Korvac, not Ultron, then I suppose that could be said to be "reaching". However, what's the relevance of the Fantastic Four or the Defenders though? Why do you even mention them? They had no bearing on the original story or on this one in the MCU.

In that Ultron story in which Ms Marvel did appear, there were no Fantastic Four members involved. It was a pure Avengers story. No crossover. The FF did not help to take him down.

I think you're simply confusing facts and not remembering correctly. Ms Marvel barely knew the Avengers in Avengers #170-171. She joined them in their fight against Ultron. She stuck around for an issue or two after to fight Attuma. Then she disappeared when there was this whole Collector business. Then Carol showed up again when the Guardians and the Avengers teamed up to battle Korvac, which culminated in "The Hope and the Slaughter" in Avengers #177.

That Ultron story is considered part of the Korvac saga, which includes Avengers #167-177, because Korvac was there either in the background or playing a prominent part in the overall arc. The Guardians first showed up in #167 to warn the Avengers of Korvac and they were thinking about him even during the time they were battling Ultron. The Fantastic Four never featured in this entire storyline.

There was no other incident where the Avengers and FF teamed up to fight Ultron and Ms Marvel showed up for the first time to help the Avengers. It wouldn't even make sense for that to happen, because it's already chronologically happened here. She becomes a member shortly after the Korvac saga (of which this Ultron story is considered a part). So for her to suddenly go back to not being a full member but the first time she helps out them out in this FF crossover story you're suggesting would mean that she's gone back in time to where she barely knows them and then repeating this whole incident all over again. It's pure nonsense.

And whether she guest starred in a Defenders story before has no bearing on that Ultron story either. It's not like the plotline proceeded from one to the other. It was a completely separate storyline. Ms Marvel could've guest starred in a Spider-Man issue before fighting Ultron for all we care, and it still wouldn't have been relevant.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #459
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Your post doesn't really make sense in relation to your earlier one. If by "reaching" you mean that it was the Guardians and not the Fantastic Four who team up with the Avengers to fight Korvac, not Ultron, then I suppose that could be said to be "reaching". However, what's the relevance of the Fantastic Four or the Defenders though? Why do you even mention them? They had no bearing on the original story or on this one in the MCU.

In that Ultron story in which Ms Marvel did appear, there were no Fantastic Four members involved. It was a pure Avengers story. No crossover. The FF did not help to take him down.

I think you're simply confusing facts and not remembering correctly. Ms Marvel barely knew the Avengers in Avengers #170-171. She joined them in their fight against Ultron. She stuck around for an issue or two after to fight Attuma. Then she disappeared when there was this whole Collector business. Then Carol showed up again when the Guardians and the Avengers teamed up to battle Korvac, which culminated in "The Hope and the Slaughter" in Avengers #177.

That Ultron story is considered part of the Korvac saga, which includes Avengers #167-177, because Korvac was there either in the background or playing a prominent part in the overall arc. The Guardians first showed up in #167 to warn the Avengers of Korvac and they were thinking about him even during the time they were battling Ultron. The Fantastic Four never featured in this entire storyline.

There was no other incident where the Avengers and FF teamed up to fight Ultron and Ms Marvel showed up for the first time to help the Avengers. It wouldn't even make sense for that to happen, because it's already chronologically happened here. She becomes a member shortly after the Korvac saga (of which this Ultron story is considered a part). So for her to suddenly go back to not being a full member but the first time she helps out them out in this FF crossover story you're suggesting would mean that she's gone back in time to where she barely knows them and then repeating this whole incident all over again. It's pure nonsense.

And whether she guest starred in a Defenders story before has no bearing on that Ultron story either. It's not like the plotline proceeded from one to the other. It was a completely separate storyline. Ms Marvel could've guest starred in a Spider-Man issue before fighting Ultron for all we care, and it still wouldn't have been relevant.
my point is being missed. I am aware they are two completely separte stories. and I am not saying they are (in my first post I did, but that was my incorrect remembering, and you corrected me)

I know. I KNOW ff have nothing to do with her, avengers, and ultron.. I know that they never fought ultron WITH carol and the avengers. I am simply trying to find common ground between the FF, and the first time Carol meets the avengers still, in case the significance of that image is the fantastic four. THAT is where I am reaching, I was confused in my first post, but I understand, after you corrected/helped me. I meant reaching by simply saying, he used the fantastic 4 in that picture to hint at carol fighting with the avengers against ultron, which was in the korvac saga.

my relevance to the fantastic 4 was that they fought ultron. then in the korvac saga, carol and the avengers fought ultron. based on the most recent picture of the comic covers that is suppose to be a a clue, there are more FF covers than any other comics, so maybe, there is significance to the FF in that picture, since that picture isn't really anything Carol related. my way of thought was, what does the FF have in comon with carol joining the avengers??? they both fought ultron. and it just so happens that when carol helped the avengers take on ultron, it was during the korvac saga.

I know the avengers (without carol)+fantastic 4 against Ultron is completely different from Avengers+Carol vs Ultron (which took place during the Korvac Saga) my point was, that the similarity between the two, was that the enemy was Ultron. The reaching, was in regards to the guy possibly using the fantastic 4 in the picture to hint what happened in the korvac saga as possibly what is happening in the MCU, except instead of Korvac, it is Thanos.

is this any clearer??

Last edited by jaqua99; 01-30-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:00 PM   #460
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

i love how you've picked ms. marvel but she isn't even on the cover of one of the comics :P

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-30-2013, 08:06 PM   #461
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

EXACTLY MY POINT lol. the other stuff is hinting as ms marvel, but not the picture of the covers. so i did a bit of improvising. tried to find significance of that picture, and the significance to me, was the FF. So..what did FF have in common with Caroll joining the avengers? The first time carol fought with the avengers, it was against Ultron. The FF fought ultron. and it just so happens she fought against ultron in the korvac saga. and maybe phase is setting up like the korvac saga, and instead of korvac, its thanos. it's sort of a A+B=C thing, like I said, I am reaching

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #462
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

uhmm did this guy on Latino Review ever even say that this related to Avengers or the MCU? for all we know it could relate to a Fox/Sony Marvel movie right? (correct me if I'm wrong, I didn't really read all the stuff he's come out with)

Old 01-30-2013, 08:47 PM   #463
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

No it's definitally MCU related. He's the one who told us

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Stark goes into space and meets with the GotG

He's got his sources and he's talking about the MCU. When he makes his scoop about Carol, it will be regarding the MCU

Old 01-30-2013, 08:49 PM   #464
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

be funny if he releases a 4th clue and is like "clue 4: it is not ms. marvel"

you're like, hmm, this will be tricky but i think i can save my theory! :P

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #465
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

my god how I love the MCU and these movies. the speculation is half the fun!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #466
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Teaser spot is out officially now, And also this:

- CM Punk
Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 PM   #467
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
be funny if he releases a 4th clue and is like "clue 4: it is not ms. marvel"

you're like, hmm, this will be tricky but i think i can save my theory! :P
well if it's NOT ms marvel, then I can just get rid of my theory and start something new lol. to torment you guys with

In all seriousness though, all speculation aside. I know what's going on. Im listening, it's just some things I am pulling, based on what we know, just a little fun to past the time, just some fun speculation is all when it comes down to it, to be flat out honest with ya

Old 01-30-2013, 09:48 PM   #468
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

yeah i don't mind at all :P

THAT POSTER IS AWESOME

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #469
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Teaser spot is out officially now, And also this:

That's such an awesome unconventional poster. Loving it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 01-30-2013, 09:52 PM   #470
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Rotate...

Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #471
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
EXACTLY MY POINT lol. the other stuff is hinting as ms marvel, but not the picture of the covers. so i did a bit of improvising. tried to find significance of that picture, and the significance to me, was the FF. So..what did FF have in common with Caroll joining the avengers? The first time carol fought with the avengers, it was against Ultron. The FF fought ultron. and it just so happens she fought against ultron in the korvac saga. and maybe phase is setting up like the korvac saga, and instead of korvac, its thanos. it's sort of a A+B=C thing, like I said, I am reaching
Reaching is really an understatement. But we can all play at this game if we adopt that kind of warped logic.

I suggest that all these clues lead to Jessica Jones. Here's why: Galactus is on those covers. He wears mostly purple, as does Thanos. Who else wears purple? The Purple Man. The Purple Man controlled Tony Stark in that A:EMH episode "Emperor Stark" and he'll probably show up at the end of IM3. Purple Man also controlled Jessica Jones when she was first a superhero.

That hand symbol in the first clue wasn't a diamond pointing to Vision. Rather, a diamond is a precious jewel, and Jessica's superhero name was Jewel. As Jewel, she also fought the Avengers under the control of the Purple Man, but was defeated by them. Later on, Jean Grey, who also appears on those comic covers, gave Jessica a psychic link to prevent her being controlled by him again.

Jessica Jones also ties into Spider-Man. She was born Jessica Campbell, and was at the same high school when Peter Parker was bitten by the spider. She also had a crush on Johnny Storm - tying further into the Fantastic Four. She was later in a car accident with her parents and they collided with a military convoy - hence the military motif in the 2nd clue. She ended up in a coma but the rest of her family were killed. When she finally awoke, it was because of the first coming of Galactus and the Silver Surfer.

So all these previous clues and the comic covers tie into Jessica. Marvel were also planning a TV series AKA Jessica Jones before they began working on SHIELD.

But maybe I'm reaching here.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #472
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I want to have that poster's babies!

Love it. Favorite MCU poster since the first Captain America teaser.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:53 PM   #473
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

love the poster.. and it's great for a teaser... but im not exactly sure i care for it as a "main poster"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 PM   #474
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

not being from america, what is the skyline in the background? l.a.?

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #475
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
not being from america, what is the skyline in the background? l.a.?
yes

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Closed Thread