Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #901
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabetoonth View Post
And he bothered to do that cause....?
cause the stuff he was posting was A LOT of speculation onn his part. He THOUGHT it was wasp.

cause I asked him, and dug into him. and a lot of his "knowing" is speculation based on the small concepts he seems to know.

Look, all I know is that he told me via PM like last week, that if she wasn't wasp, then she will be Bethany Cabe, but he did make it clear that he really thought it was wasp, so he assumed wrong. But he did mention that if it wasn't wasp, it would be cabe.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:50 PM   #902
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Well I guess it will be Monday before people on the east coast get this supposed scoop. He just said 9 pm PST is when he plans to announce. GRRRR

This is getting a little too melodramatic!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #903
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
yes, in the forums. With his long ass posts that he uses to "hide". Howver, the stuff he told me he "knows", via PM, was different than what he was posting, and he said he knew concepts, and told me if they didn't go the wasp route for her, then it will be bethany cabe
I dunno. That just seems incredibly convoluted and I really struggle to find the logic in that and why you believe him.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:51 PM   #904
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

yah, well I sub'd to him, so hopefully it comes in the email. if I get it before hand, I will let you guys know

Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #905
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by neevnav View Post
So far Fast and Furious 6 is winning for trailers.
Yup. Lets hope they don't win the B.O. too in May.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:52 PM   #906
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

so if no radioactive man then my theory about the pale green guy being eric savin as a mix between mallen and coldblood seems all the stronger.

what do people think of the new suit. we finally got a good look at it in action in the tv spot. i still prefer the red and gold, but i think this almost "bone" colour has a thematic edge to it; tony being infected with a virus, being stripped bare (bare bones) etc.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #907
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
The difference is IM3 is already sold. People know the character and the franchise and will go see it. They don't need to spend the money for it in a prime spot. The Lone Ranger is a new property that they need to sell, hence it needs the prime marketing spot. From a business point it makes sense.
Then why did they spend 4 million dollars on a ad if they didn't care if anyone liked it?

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #908
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

There's a line between being vague to milk suspense and hiding the fact that you don't know anything.

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 PM   #909
DOOZlovesBOOZ
Side-Kick

Quote:
yah, well I sub'd to him, so hopefully it comes in the email. if I get it before hand, I will let you guys know
Thanks pal!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 PM   #910
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I dunno. That just seems incredibly convoluted and I really struggle to find the logic in that and why you believe him.
well that's my problem now then, isn't it? lol

Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #911
neevnav
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Then why did they spend 4 million dollars on a ad if they didn't care if anyone liked it?
They didn't. Spots later in the game cost less. They did for Lone Ranger.

Also why they only bought a 30 second spot for IM3 and a 90 second spot for Lone Ranger.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #912
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Yeah, probably nothing then.
He just said on twitter that he's going to send the video blog revealing the big scoop at 9 pm PST, but he's going to send it to his subscribers a few minutes early.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:56 PM   #913
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
well that's my problem now then, isn't it? lol
If that's how you see it. lol I'm not trying to have a dig at you, just an honest assessment.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #914
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Mayimbe also says that Marvel will deny his scoop like crazy when he releases it, saying it's false information. He says that if Abrams can lie, so can Marvel.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:58 PM   #915
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
They didn't. Spots later in the game cost less. They did for Lone Ranger.

Also why they only bought a 30 second spot for IM3 and a 90 second spot for Lone Ranger.
The Lone Ranger sponsored the whole pre-game show.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #916
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
He just said on twitter that he's going to send the video blog revealing the big scoop at 9 pm PST, but he's going to send it to his subscribers a few minutes early.
I hope it's something worth signifance. I am totally on board with the whole adam warlock thing. I think that would be great.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #917
Wolvieboy17
Believe it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaqua99
he was guessing. He thought it was wasp. Apparently, what he told me, was this.....

he was told different routes they could go for the movies, based on what he knows, and how things are going, he thought it would be wasp. That's why he talked about it. But I talked with him via PM like last week. he told me, personally, "I think wasp is who she is playing, but by chance if she is not wasp, then the other route was that she will be Bethany Cabe, and then it will mean that...etc"
So he made educated guesses, was mainly wrong and this news still somehow verifies something he said?

Wasn't there always speculation regarding Bethany Cabe being involved? What has this guy ACTUALLY said that gives the indication of any actual inside knowledge?

Also, has he ever indicated when he spoke to his supposed sources? Because if it was anytime recently, for the source to not know which 'direction they were going with' reeks of BS. As if they wouldn't have known which characters were involved in their movie prior to even casting whats-her-name.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:59 PM   #918
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
If that's how you see it. lol I'm not trying to have a dig at you, just an honest assessment.
no, I know lol. I am saying, that if he is full of ****, it's my problem for believing him lol

Old 02-03-2013, 09:00 PM   #919
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I hope it's something worth signifance. I am totally on board with the whole adam warlock thing. I think that would be great.
He has to release it now. He's already committed to telling his subscribers and other people on twitter that he'll be releasing it soon. I think it's going to be something big.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:01 PM   #920
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOZlovesBOOZ View Post
Well I guess it will be Monday before people on the east coast get this supposed scoop. He just said 9 pm PST is when he plans to announce. GRRRR

This is getting a little too melodramatic!
Watch him post a bunch of nothing.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #921
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Something else the guy on /co/(supposedly saw the movie) mentions that will be in IM3 pertains to The Avengers. He says that they will be mentioned in the movie, and we also get to hear their voices.

Hmm...

There's a lot of spoilerific stuff in there. Including things I guessed at a long time ago, including the fact that Szostak ain't Wasp. But if the guy's on the level, then I also guessed right about the role of Firepower (Ashley Hamilton). And Rescue.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 02-03-2013, 09:03 PM   #922
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
There's a lot of spoilerific stuff in there. Including things I guessed at a long time ago, including the fact that Szostak ain't Wasp. But if the guy's on the level, then I also guessed right about the role of Firepower (Ashley Hamilton). And Rescue.

Here's more on that with a quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
In one of Tony's nightmare, we get to hear the voices of Cap, Black Widow and Nick Fury, and Happy later mentions Tony's "superfriends". Besides a lot of allusions to New York, the incident of New York, the first contact in New York, etc. Tony visits ground zero

He also says
that the Hulkbuster suit is seen as a prototype in a garage, or something like that.

Here's an interesting point he made:

Quote:
Let's look at the pattern.

>Mark VI
+"Turn and burn" laser, it's a one shot
-Fights Hammer's drones
-Gets trashed by Whiplash's electro whips

>Mark VII
+Absorbs electricity
+"Turn and Burn" is three lasers
-Tony fights army of aliens
-Can't fight in space

>Mark XXXXVII
+Remotely operates an army of Iron Man suits
+Built a space suit

There are all kinds of other neat examples, but the point is that everything evolves. He never stops making plans for things he's encountered in the past.

>Hulkbuster coming soon

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #923
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvieboy17 View Post
So he made educated guesses, was mainly wrong and this news still somehow verifies something he said?

Wasn't there always speculation regarding Bethany Cabe being involved? What has this guy ACTUALLY said that gives the indication of any actual inside knowledge?

Also, has he ever indicated when he spoke to his supposed sources? Because if it was anytime recently, for the source to not know which 'direction they were going with' reeks of BS. As if they wouldn't have known which characters were involved in their movie prior to even casting whats-her-name.
he told me his source saw early concepts for multiple routes. not too recently. his deal, of the concepts he "knows" he speculates from there.

I mean, he DID tell me that if she didn't play wasp, she would be playing Bethany Cabe. He told me that a week ago, and now it appears she was playing cabe. Maybe it was a lucky guess? idk, and not sure about if there was speculation for her, could have been

Old 02-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #924
LokiDionysos
Eternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Someday, he might be.
Give him a break; he's still practically a rookie, who took over halfway through the season. He led them to the Super Bowl; that says enough to me that Kaepernick is gonna be the real deal.

Grain of salt, and all that; but THAT I can actually believe. Hope that shuts up all the damn Wasp rumors.
I'm very inclined to believe this does shut down the radioactive man and wasp rumors... I did recently hint to Jaqua that's the only other possible option for who she is that I've heard... But Tony won't know who she is at first because he hasn't had a relationship with her yet... You know how I've been saying there's alternate versions of what they wanted to go with? Well, Cabe has been in discussions. And I'm not so sure about Happy being the one who dies anymore... it's one of two characters who dies. But at different times, in different general ideas. And it sort of narrows it down a lot if this test screening info is true...

BTW Jaqua is right I did tell a little more than I normally do over PM.

In some of my long ass posts and to Cherokee I've hinted that Bethany Cabe is the only other option it could be that I know of... Not that there were never plans for Justine Hammer but if there were I never became aware of them. But there have always been some loose plans for Cabe. At one point, though a lot more was looked at being included in IM3. Some of those things might be there and hidden like roadsigns and not apparent the first time you see the movie like Feige said.

I assumed she was Wasp, as I've hinted part of her charater has tony not knowing who she is at first. I figured there was no big reason to cover up Bethany Cabe. If it is her it's covering up the fact that Tony hasn't become romantically involved with her yet, probably won't in this movie, but may after doing a little grieving and it's covering up a larger spoiler. The opposite/alternate angle of who dies instead of Happy...

Last edited by LokiDionysos; 02-03-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:10 PM   #925
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Mayimbe also says that Marvel will deny his scoop like crazy when he releases it, saying it's false information. He says that if Abrams can lie, so can Marvel.
So can Mayimbe...

Two wrongs just make something more wrong.

Movie Review Site:
Closed Thread