26 65.00%
14 35.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #26
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Default Re: HYPE Super Bowl XLVII thread!!!!!! OMG

Not get hurt......poor choice of words, my bad. I do want him to lose though and get pulled from the game. His attitude just bothers me, seems like he has bought into his own hype. Poor choice of words In my original post. I just think Smith has earned this more than Kap.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #27
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

I don't know. Kaepernick doesn't seem arrogant in his interviews. He just seems enthusiastic about his circumstances.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:03 PM   #28
Holiday
'Bout that action

He flexes his biceps when he scores, obviously he's a total dick.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:12 PM   #29
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
I don't know. Kaepernick doesn't seem arrogant in his interviews. He just seems enthusiastic about his circumstances.
I don't understand why fans are saying that Kaepernick is arrogant. Kissing his bicep and talking 'chico' slang doesn't qualify him as narcissistic. He's just having fun out there. Then again, fans apparently have an issue with Newton's shirt rip too. They're young QBs people... come on. Let them have a little swagger out there.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #30
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

He has been in the league for all of ten minutes. He just rubs me the wrong way.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:55 AM   #31
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
He has been in the league for all of ten minutes. He just rubs me the wrong way.
How?

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 AM   #32
killface
Side-Kick

i see a 17-13 game with the ravens winning.

i want ray to go out on a winning note and for ed reed to get a ring.

Old 01-31-2013, 08:00 AM   #33
kane9321
oakland's finest

go sf go..for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
The X-Men films are like an abusive boyfriend.

They treat you well, (X-Men 1 and 2) and then they show their true colors (X3 and Wolverine: Origins), then they promise that they can change (X-Men: First Class and The Wolverine), now you see them with a prostitute. (X-Men: DOTFP)
Old 01-31-2013, 09:00 AM   #34
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Lewis is getting really combative regarding the drug allegations. If they turn out to be true, he is going to destroy his legacy, just like Lance Armstrong, and running his mouth about his accusers will play a big part in that.. He ought to shut up about it.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:21 AM   #35
Donut
Side-Kick

If they are not true. Then he should allow the League to test him & that should be the end of it. If they are true then he should just shut the **** up. He is drawing attention to himself by being so loud about it

Old 01-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #36
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Lewis is getting really combative regarding the drug allegations. If they turn out to be true, he is going to destroy his legacy, just like Lance Armstrong, and running his mouth about his accusers will play a big part in that.. He ought to shut up about it.
Its not like he took (as far as we know) PED his whole career, he only took it (supposedly) recently to get back from an injury, I doubt his legacy will be destroyed by it ,esp since he has faced far worse than this.I agree he should keep his mouth shut.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #37
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Its not like he took (as far as we know) PED his whole career, he only took it (supposedly) recently to get back from an injury, I doubt his legacy will be destroyed by it ,esp since he has faced far worse than this.I agree he should keep his mouth shut.
It doesn't matter if he took them for 15 days or 15 years. By calling out his accuser in such a vocal manner, he is putting a HUGE target on his back. Things would've been a lot easier on Lance Armstrong had he not called his accuser every terrible name in the book. Lewis is putting a similar target on himself through his behavior and that will make his fall that much worse if it turns out to be true.

Old 01-31-2013, 09:57 AM   #38
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Here at the Hype Super Bowl party, through the power of time travel...I'm serving Ecto Cooler, PB Crisp and McDLT sandwiches.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #39
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
How?
Just sorta a gut feeling, I mean he couldn't beat my Rams, he did beat The Patriots and that certainly made me mad but I don't know he just seems to have a air of arrogance around him. ESPN makes me kinda dislike him too they way they slobber over his knob like he is the greatest running QB EVER! Just seems like he is buying into his own Hype. Just a personal opinion is all, I mean look at Sam Bradford #1 overall pick and has all the reason to be arrogant and he is anything but that. RGIII, Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck are all good QB's who are young that took teams to the Playoffs and they don't rub me the wrong way but Kap does. Can't explain it.

Avvy by Hunter Rider.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #40
Duke
Knowin is half the battle

Quote:
I want Lewis to lose but Kap to get hurt. That will make me happy.
Seriously?? I want the 49ers to win, but I don't want any of the players getting injured either or hurting someone with intent in a malicious way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Chaos View Post
I think beating Brees Rodgers and Brady on their home field were proper enough tests.

It was Alex Smith who beat the Packers in Green Bay on their turf, Kap did beat the Packers, but in SF.

Old 01-31-2013, 11:08 AM   #41
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Just sorta a gut feeling, I mean he couldn't beat my Rams, he did beat The Patriots and that certainly made me mad but I don't know he just seems to have a air of arrogance around him. ESPN makes me kinda dislike him too they way they slobber over his knob like he is the greatest running QB EVER! Just seems like he is buying into his own Hype. Just a personal opinion is all, I mean look at Sam Bradford #1 overall pick and has all the reason to be arrogant and he is anything but that. RGIII, Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck are all good QB's who are young that took teams to the Playoffs and they don't rub me the wrong way but Kap does. Can't explain it.
Eh, that's why I don't watch Sportscenter. They hype up ANYONE weekly to incredible heights. It's irritating. RG3 was the second-coming earlier this year, now it's Kaepernick solely because he rushed for 181 yards. Colin is a kid at the QB position, of course there's going to be arrogance. RG3 is just as arrogant in my opinion. He acts like a goody-goody on camera but he refused to sign autographs for a couple kids at a women's basketball game. QBs at their age buy into their own hype all the time, and we, the fans, and the media are responsible for it. We treat them like gods. At the same time however, there's nothing wrong with swagger. Just as long as it's not over-the-top, I'm fine with Kaep kissing his bicep, RG3 falling down, Cam ripping his shirt, Luck running down the field like a kid, etc.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 01-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #42
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
It doesn't matter if he took them for 15 days or 15 years. By calling out his accuser in such a vocal manner, he is putting a HUGE target on his back. Things would've been a lot easier on Lance Armstrong had he not called his accuser every terrible name in the book. Lewis is putting a similar target on himself through his behavior and that will make his fall that much worse if it turns out to be true.
Exactly. Lewis should know better than to act how he is acting. He is a grown ass man. He is giving the media ammunition to go after him instead of being cool about it.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 PM   #43
Donut
Side-Kick

Maybe he wants the attention ? Probably trying to stay in the spotlight for as long as possible before his last game ends

Old 01-31-2013, 03:55 PM   #44
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Which is bad because a player like Lewis will never have to worry about fading away from the spotlight anytime soon. Hell, he'll be on ESPN by August.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:16 PM   #45
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

HGH Harrison has a cushy albeit boring studio job for NBC.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:53 PM   #46
BatSpider
Not an S

You know, this Ray Lewis hate is really irking me off....

Where was all this "still a murderer" talk the LAST 12 FRIGGIN YEARS!?!?!?!? Cynical people love coming out when he gets the spotlight

And people saying he's becoming a charachter; the man deserves the spotlight he's getting. He's the greatest player that organization has ever had.

The man did something wrong in the past, everyone deserves a second chance. And its not that hes starting to, no, hes BEEN fixing his life and doing great and valuable things the past decade.

Its just really disrespectful to bash a man because he's so passionate for the game.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:21 PM   #47
ComicChick
refuse to feel the flames
SHH! Global Moderator

BatSpider:

that is all

Old 01-31-2013, 07:25 PM   #48
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post

Where was all this "still a murderer" talk the LAST 12 FRIGGIN YEARS!?!?!?!? Cynical people love coming out when he gets the spotlight

And people saying he's becoming a charachter; the man deserves the spotlight he's getting. He's the greatest player that organization has ever had.

The man did something wrong in the past, everyone deserves a second chance. And its not that hes starting to, no, hes BEEN fixing his life and doing great and valuable things the past decade.

Its just really disrespectful to bash a man because he's so passionate for the game.
What second chance did Jacinth Baker and Richard Lollar get?

Old 01-31-2013, 07:26 PM   #49
Warhammer
Half Monk, Half Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post

I'll give you a cynical, yet 100% truthful answer. When you are on the top of the mountain, that's when they come for you. That's how it is and what risk you take when you become a celebrity. That's the price of fame.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:42 PM   #50
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

The way I see it, Ray took his second chance and he made the most out of it. Lewis has been huge in local communities with the youth, and has been mentoring other players across the league. Hate him or love him, he'll always be attached to the murders yet be one of the most inspirational figures (along with being a face for the NFL) that ever entered the sport.

Closed Thread