Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 AM   #51
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

Default Re: HYPE Super Bowl XLVII thread!!!!!! OMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Exactly. Lewis should know better than to act how he is acting. He is a grown ass man. He is giving the media ammunition to go after him instead of being cool about it.
I heard that the Ravens owner asked Ray to be more forceful in his denial about the drug use.

Old 02-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #52
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

It's NFL day on The Price is Right...among other things they've given away, I've seen a Patriots toaster, a Falcons tumbler, and Packers grilling tools.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:17 AM   #53
LoveDragonDon
Side-Kick

Is there a thread for Super Bowl trailers we will get?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:27 AM   #54
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

All Super Bowl talk is right here.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #55
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

I haven't watched anything on tv about the superbowl, not since the Monday after the final playoff games. I know it's their job but espn, sportscenter just beat it to death. More excited about watching the game tomorrow without all the overkill leading up to it.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:13 PM   #56
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
The way I see it, Ray took his second chance and he made the most out of it. Lewis has been huge in local communities with the youth, and has been mentoring other players across the league. Hate him or love him, he'll always be attached to the murders yet be one of the most inspirational figures (along with being a face for the NFL) that ever entered the sport.
I'm a 49ers fan and hope we beat the snot out of Lewis and the Ravens tomorrow, but I have to agree with this.

I don't hate Lewis. In fact, I love Ray Lewis. Not these past 2 weeks, and not tomorrow, of course, but outside of this Super Bowl, I love me some Ray Lewis.

I have to ask myself this question: What is more important? Putting a man behind bars for whatever it is that he did that night in Atlanta? Or the man, as you said, actively working to fix his life, better himself as a man, and atone for his mistakes by actively doing good in his community and trying to make the world around him a better place?

I don't know what Ray did or didn't do that night those men got killed. I don't know how much he was or wasn't involved, and I don't claim to.

But I look at a man who has bettered himself and tried to better those around him, and I just think that's more important than locking him away to waste his life because of whatever mistake he did.

Yes, we must all be held accountable for our actions, and we shouldn't escape consequence, but is consequence more important than a man who actually has bettered himself and works to improve the lives of those around him?

Old 02-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #57
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

But he shouldn't have been the one to make that decision.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:01 PM   #58
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell2ThaIzzay View Post
I'm a 49ers fan and hope we beat the snot out of Lewis and the Ravens tomorrow, but I have to agree with this.

I don't hate Lewis. In fact, I love Ray Lewis. Not these past 2 weeks, and not tomorrow, of course, but outside of this Super Bowl, I love me some Ray Lewis.

I have to ask myself this question: What is more important? Putting a man behind bars for whatever it is that he did that night in Atlanta? Or the man, as you said, actively working to fix his life, better himself as a man, and atone for his mistakes by actively doing good in his community and trying to make the world around him a better place?

I don't know what Ray did or didn't do that night those men got killed. I don't know how much he was or wasn't involved, and I don't claim to.

But I look at a man who has bettered himself and tried to better those around him, and I just think that's more important than locking him away to waste his life because of whatever mistake he did.

Yes, we must all be held accountable for our actions, and we shouldn't escape consequence, but is consequence more important than a man who actually has bettered himself and works to improve the lives of those around him?

Do you think that is of comfort to the families who lost their loved ones? The man at the very least was an accessory to the murder of two others. He helped cover up those murders. All the "good," in the world won't bring those people back. All the speeches and dances do not make the mothers of the people who died quit hurting. Yes....he should've faced consequences. It is important.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #59
Immortalfire
The Dreamy Mod
SHH! Global Moderator

Matt, you're manning the door for the party tomorrow.

Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #60
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
Do you think that is of comfort to the families who lost their loved ones? The man at the very least was an accessory to the murder of two others. He helped cover up those murders. All the "good," in the world won't bring those people back. All the speeches and dances do not make the mothers of the people who died quit hurting. Yes....he should've faced consequences. It is important.
Big Ben didn't. Kobe didn't. Sonnen didn't. Stallworth didn't. Clemens didn't. Notre Dame and Penn State didn't. That's the sports world for you.

While I do believe Ray was involved in those slayings (obstruction of justice), the victims aren't as 'innocent' as the media is trying to paint them. Both of them had rap sheets.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 02-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #61
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Big Ben didn't. Kobe didn't. Sonnen didn't. Stallworth didn't. Clemens didn't. Notre Dame and Penn State didn't. That's the sports world for you.

While I do believe Ray was involved in those slayings (obstruction of justice), the victims aren't as 'innocent' as the media is trying to paint them. Both of them had rap sheets.
Kobe also didn't rape that girl.

And Big Ben didn't rape at least one of those girls.

I thought Stallworth did time for manslaughter?

Old 02-02-2013, 04:58 PM   #62
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
But he shouldn't have been the one to make that decision.
Make what decision?

Last I checked, it wasn't his decision. It was the legal system that determined what he was guilty, and not guilty of that made that decision.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:15 PM   #63
Erzengel
|-o-| (-o-) |-o-|

Quote:
If he did have more involvement, maybe the answer should be the putting him behind bars.

My point was if he did, he made the decision to take the easy way out. Whether or not he atoned in jail or out of jail, would that really make a difference?

Old 02-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #64
Poeman
Banned User

This Super Bowl will not peak my interest as much...But I am rooting for the Niners.

Cant stand Ray Lewis, Flacco and most of its fanbase. I like their coach though John.

I am a huge fan of Patrick Willis...One of my favorites in the game

Old 02-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #65
Kelly
Hoity Toity Administrator
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
I want Lewis to lose but Kap to get hurt. That will make me happy.
Why would you want that for anyone...?

Old 02-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #66
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Like Spider-Fan, I'll also be supporting The 49ers, but my gut feeling tells me The Ravens will pull another upset.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 PM   #67
Backstreets
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaleb View Post
Agree with most of this,The one thing I think the Ravens have going for them is that they will be better tested for this ( having had the 2nd toughest shedule for this season and all) while San Fran who have been great all year , havnt really been properly tested this yr.

I also see this superbowl going into OT too.

The Patriots tested them, Niners only won by a touchdown before our god awful cornerback Kyle Arrington screwed it up for us...He's very much hated by the Pats fans.

He gave up a game winning touchdown in 2010 Divsional Round agains't the Jets.

Gave up the game changing touchdown in the 4th agains't the Ravens in week 3

Gave up the game winning touchdown agains't the Niners in week 15.

He's a free agent this year and crossing my fingers they don't resign him.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #68
Backstreets
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
Why would you want that for anyone...?

It all heals, besides, no one feels bad for rich people.

I hate both teams. I want Ray Lewis the murderer to lose and I don't want the Niners going 6-0 in Super Bowls with a 2nd yr QB.

These running QB's they have no are just going to get their knees blown out much like RG3 did...Run for a 1st down? OK! Run 30 years downfield for a touchdown? You'll get yourself hurt!

Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #69
LoveDragonDon
Side-Kick

Which Trailers are we excited to get???

Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 AM   #70
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Kobe also didn't rape that girl.

And Big Ben didn't rape at least one of those girls.

I thought Stallworth did time for manslaughter?

They both raped the girls. When it settles out of court or they stop the trial mysteriously all of a sudden. That means one thing, money. They were thrown a bunch of money to stay quiet.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:17 AM   #71
Nell2ThaIzzay
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erzengel View Post
If he did have more involvement, maybe the answer should be the putting him behind bars.

My point was if he did, he made the decision to take the easy way out. Whether or not he atoned in jail or out of jail, would that really make a difference?
It does make a difference if by atoning out of jail he's helping better the lives of other people in the process.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #72
Kaleb
2010 SHHFFL Champ

Cant wait for tonight , Go Ravens!!!!

Old 02-03-2013, 08:20 AM   #73
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
It does make a difference if by atoning out of jail he's helping better the lives of other people in the process.
So it is okay to rape or kill someone as long as you have enough money and fame to throw some cash at a few charities and do a few appearances for them? Under those circumstances the wealthy shouldn't have to be held accountable for their crimes because they can "atone," outside of jail? Wow.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:20 AM   #74
LuisTX85
Z

I'm watching the game cause I am an NFL fan But I ain't too excited cause I don't like either team,I guess I'll go for SF though,I'm sure I'll make the best of it since it's an NFL game at the Superbowl.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:45 AM   #75
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Go Niners!!!

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Closed Thread