Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #76
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Default Re: J.J. Abrams to Direct Star Wars Episode VII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figs View Post
Hahaha! I called it in the previous thread before Thread Manager closed it down. People crying about an actor/director lying about something as if they knew them personally and were betrayed.

In most cases, the actor/director gets pushed up against a wall and is forced to lie to avoid spoilers or pissing off the studio if a deal/contract isn't finalized yet.

As I said in a past thread, I think it was in the Batboards, it really falls on the dumb **** interviewers. They know better than to ask spoilery questions, yet like idiots, they still ask them. When it comes to these things, I almost always side with the actor/director that got asked a question that didn't involve common sense.

As someone else above said, same thing happened to Marion in regards to her playing Talia. She HAD to lie because the moron asked if that's who she was playing even though he knew that was a huge spoiler and wouldn't be answered in the first place. Then in another video after the movie came out he started giving her **** about lying to hide the secret.

All I know is that he's directing and that's perfectly fine with me. I look forward to the future to see who gets cast in this film.

Agreed. Again

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:37 PM   #77
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKO View Post
I'm excited to see what Abrams is going to bring. It's a safe choice, but a good choice.

Is this Chloe Moretz rumors true? I would hate to see her in this.

How about my girl Rooney Mara sounds better.
I could get behind either of the Mara sisters . I just don't want a child as the lead character. Girl, boy, alien or otherwise. No children.

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #78
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
I could get behind Mara. I just don't want a child as the lead character. Girl, boy, alien or otherwise. No children.
I would not call Chloe a child anymore. She will be 17 by the time they start filming, I think that is old enough. That is far from child as in 13 and younger.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 01-24-2013, 07:38 PM   #79
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Squirrel View Post
Where are these casting rumors coming from? They don't even have a finished script yet.
In the The Wrap article, it said that Ben Affleck and Matthew Vaughn were being courted until Spielberg insisted that they should be getting JJ instead.

But Matthew pitched Chloe as the lead and that's when it was strongly hinted that a young female lead is needed for the film.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #80
Solidus
Kylo Ren

One thing is for younger actors JJ does great. I usually don't care for child actors, but in things like Game of Thrones, and Super 8 I was very pleased. But it's clear they are not going for that. They are going for a female teenager like Luke was in Ep IV.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:40 PM   #81
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
I would not call Chloe a child anymore. She will be 17 by the time they start filming, I think that is old enough. That is far from child as in 13 and younger.
Teenagers are still children. Chloe is good I wont say she isn't but she is still a child.

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #82
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I don't mind the idea of a female lead at all. In fact I was kind of hoping for it. I'll keep an open mind when it comes to casting. I like Chloe, not sure if she fits the Star Wars universe but I'm open to possibilities at this point.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #83
DarkSovereignty
Ooga Chakka

Default Re: Star Wars VII Director? - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Unless this turns into Superman Returns/X-Men 3 part 2
What does Abrams lying about his involvement in the film have to do with the quality of the finished product?

To alot of people, especially kids my age who grew up in Bush's America, TDK is kind of like our Woodstock. I'm not an idiot.
Welcome to the hype, we hate fun #gategate #SeriousBusiness
H.E
Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #84
sueb1863
Side-Kick

Speaking as someone who saw the first movie thirteen times in the theater in 1977 and who never thought there would ever be any more movies, I can't wait to see where this all ends up!

Abrams is fine with me, I loved the new Star Trek movie. But McCoy better get something to do in the next one!!! Karl Urban did such a great job with the role.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:41 PM   #85
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Teenagers are still children. Chloe is good I wont say she isn't but she is still a child.
That's a matter of opinion. Later year teens I see in a different category by far.

EDIT: And to the other point the prequels really did not do that IMO it was a mess. There is nothing wrong with the young hero learning who they are. Most super hero films are like this too. This is not going to be some Malick type film. It's Star Wars. Some of the hero cliches are expected.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:42 PM   #86
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus View Post
One thing is for younger actors JJ does great. I usually don't care for child actors, but in things like Game of Thrones, and Super 8 I was very pleased. But it's clear they are not going for that. They are going for a female teenager like Luke was in Ep IV.
And do we really have to tread the old ground of youth discovering their destiny? We've been there with Luke. Do something different. Chanhing the gender isn't doing something different. It's like changing the drapes in your house.

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #87
LauraT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Where are these casting rumors coming from? They don't even have a finished script yet.
When the MV rumours were swirling it was rumoured he presented Chloe Moretz as someone he wanted to bring to the movie. All rumours so far but a youngish female lead does make sense if they wanted to go for Jaina Solo or a Jaina type, which she could pull off. Even if that hadn't surfaced I'd have thought it highly likely they'd go for a female Jedi or a Leia type (not just love interest).

Quote:
And do we really have to tread the old ground of youth discovering their destiny? We've been there with Luke. Do something different. Chanhing the gender isn't doing something different. It's like changing the drapes in your house.
To some extent that's what Star Wars is fundamentally. Even Anakin had a Destiny he just fell to evil and fulfilled it 20 years later than the Jedi thought. The storyline changes, the Hero With A Thousand Faces doesn't. /pretentiousness.

Last edited by LauraT; 01-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #88
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraT View Post
Yes there are more than 2 action movies that have been successful with a young female actress in more than a love interest role.

They had a teenaged Luke and a teenage Anakin in the previous SW films. And if they focus on the next generation then its inevitable it will involve young actors so why not a girl? It doesn't say there won't also be Skywalker/Solo/random Jedi young male leads. They might go for a variation the traditional trio Luke/Han/Leia, Harry/Ron/Hermione, Katniss/Peeta/Gale etc.
Forgive me for saying I don't want a female lead. This isn't what I want and in the grand scheme of things my opinion means jack diddly so why bother ranting on it?

Hunger Games, Twilight, Snow White and the Huntsman, Salt, Tomb Raider are all films I have seen and enjoyed but as far as Star Wars goes I don't want to see that.

My main problem is that when the character is female you seem to have the director or writer try to PUSH that this is a woman and that is annoying. I want a good story and good action, a female lead can do that just as good as a Male I just would prefer a male because I feel like this would be the trendy thing to do right now and that's not a good way to go about the project.

Then again this is all just rumor and I'll see the film no matter what.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:43 PM   #89
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
You say that now, but when she turns 18, you'll put posters of her on your wall....minus the shame!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:44 PM   #90
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Though I put it in my edit above, there is nothing wrong with it if it works. To me this is Star Wars not some film that should be going in massive different directions for spin offs sure. But the tradition story of the young hero is a typical one but if done right can be a great one. Most CBM's are like that as well. If it works well, then there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #91
Figs
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
You say that now, but when she turns 18, you'll put posters of her on your wall....minus the shame!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:45 PM   #92
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hush View Post
Oh my lord! You have a differing opinion than me! That's unheard of!

Get off your high horse. I voiced an opinion didn't diss what you like.
Your opinion is sexist, I have no respect for sexist or racist opinions. Most films still star, are written and directed by white males. Women make up more than 50 percent of the whole freakin world there is nothing wrong with them staring in movies.

You are personally insulting me by being sexist and I'm going to call you and any other bigot out on there views whenever I damn well please.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 PM   #93
xDumpweed182x
Forever-a-Newbie

I actually really like this idea of Rooney Mara as say a main character.

Old 01-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #94
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberist View Post
you say that now, but when she turns 18, you'll put posters of her on your wall....minus the shame!
lol!

Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #95
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Your opinion is sexist, I have no respect for sexist or racist opinions. Most films still star, are written and directed by white males. Women make up more than 50 percent of the whole freakin world there is nothing wrong with them staring in movies.

You are personally insulting me by being sexist and I'm going to call you and any other bigot out on there views whenever I damn well please.
Not wanting a femae lead is not being sexist. It is a preference. I like female leads, and I like male leads but it depends on the material for me.

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #96
THANOSRULES
Side-Kick

Love the news

I guess JJ's "lie" was one of the most welcome of the year...

Great News for this film!

MARVEL, BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL NEW WARRIORS!
Old 01-24-2013, 07:49 PM   #97
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Posters of teenage girls legal or not isn't my thing.

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:51 PM   #98
Hush
Wee Little Puppet Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

I have no response because your post is laden with idiocy. You take my one opinion and define my whole view on the world, your delusional.

Avvy by Hunter Rider

H.E.
Old 01-24-2013, 07:52 PM   #99
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Posters of teenage girls legal or not isn't my thing.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 01-24-2013, 07:53 PM   #100
TheBat812
Side-Kick

So how official is this JJ abrams news?