The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 08:11 PM   #651
Farren
Side Kicker

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 4

Trying to piece together which ships are fighting which, which are crashing places, etc. Sometimes I think gifs can be as useful as stills.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 04-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #652
Farren
Side Kicker

More gifs

Old 04-16-2013, 08:47 PM   #653
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

The ship crashing into the bay is definitely not the Enterprise and its not the Dreadnaught.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #654
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Size Comparison chart. Second down on the left is the new Trek Enterprise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I'm not sure that chart is accurate as I thought they said the JJ ship was the size of the galaxy class
That chart is sort of accurate in that the one they have as the new Enterprise in normal print is scaled to what it should have been as originally designed by Ryan Church, however they have overlayed in finer grey print it's size as has been stated later the production team (I think it's on the Blu-Ray and it's something near 720 meters long) which matches the scaling of some scenes seen on screen (the far bigger Hanger Deck, a multi storey sprawling Engine room etc...No way all that would fit in a TOS scale Enterprise, which was about 280 meters).

From what I have read it was originally meant to be 366m, but it was decided they wanted it bigger, and rather than redesign the 'skin' details (panelling, windows, docking ports, etc) to reflect that larger size they just 'upscaled' the originally intended design.

Bottom line, going by the first film and what's been said by the production team the new timeline ship is as long as the Enterprise E, so this new Dreadnaught is far bigger than any Federation ship seen on screen before.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:50 PM   #655
roach
I am the night

the J may be bigger

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 PM   #656
Binker
Side-Kick

So wait, I might be late to the party, but the ship I just saw for the first time in the trailer, a) is that the dreadnaught?, and b) any other info I might've missed?

Old 04-16-2013, 10:47 PM   #657
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
So wait, I might be late to the party, but the ship I just saw for the first time in the trailer, a) is that the dreadnaught?, and b) any other info I might've missed?
People are calling it the dreadnaught. It seems to be a new ship.

That's about it though.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:58 PM   #658
bunk
superhero fan

The saucer section on that thing looks crazy. I just keep staring at that one gif trying to make sense of it.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:52 PM   #659
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
The saucer section on that thing looks crazy. I just keep staring at that one gif trying to make sense of it.
Yeah, right now its the point of the film I'm most looking forward to! That thing is nuts!

Old 04-17-2013, 12:11 AM   #660
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The new trailer looks good! Though it didn't really show Anton Yelchin.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-17-2013, 12:14 AM   #661
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

The new trailer was well put together but I'm just ready to see the film now, no more footage needed.

Old 04-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #662
Octoberist
point blank

Beautiful trailer. The best one yet.

Two things: Again, JJ shows that he's amazing with CGI. And the other, the trailer is much more Trek-friendly. Finally we get to see some space for once.

Last edited by Octoberist; 04-17-2013 at 01:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #663
Caekzor
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farren View Post
People are calling it the dreadnaught. It seems to be a new ship.

That's about it though.
Harrison says it's a Dreadnought Class starship in one of the sequences shown at CinemaCon.

Quote with more info on the ship:
"Dreadnought Class. Two times the size – three times the speed – advanced weaponry – minimal crew…built solely for combat."

Old 04-17-2013, 02:15 AM   #664
jacobed
Banned User

Pretty fantastic trailer. I think this and Man of Steel are easily going to be the best movies of the summer with Pacific Rim in a close 3rd.

Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 AM   #665
Octoberist
point blank

Now it's Pacific Rim's turn to wow me. I liked the teaser but it was what it was - a teaser.

Old 04-17-2013, 03:07 AM   #666
georgec
Not a hero

"I'm sorry."

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:49 AM   #667
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

WOW have to say that Star Trek trailer rocked as did that Superman trailer. I believe yesterday was the best movie trailer day I have ever been apart of lol.

Now my belief into INTO DARKNESS is this.

1. The bad guy is an alternate universe Picard

2. Another Enterprise, remember rumors back during Generations was that, that film was to feature NCC-1701-A Vs. NCC-1701-D but they could not get the film to come together.

3. Spock Prime is in this

4. Khan will cameo for the third film

5. This leads to the Guardian of the Galaxy being used as well in the third film to bring us full circle back to the Prime Universe, since we know that some of the cast of Star Trek may not do anymore after a third film.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:14 AM   #668
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Also did anyone notice ship in spacedock? It looked like grissom or reliant?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:29 AM   #669
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by musclesforsupes View Post
WOW have to say that Star Trek trailer rocked as did that Superman trailer. I believe yesterday was the best movie trailer day I have ever been apart of lol.

2. Another Enterprise, remember rumors back during Generations was that, that film was to feature NCC-1701-A Vs. NCC-1701-D but they could not get the film to come together.

5. This leads to the Guardian of the Galaxy being used as well in the third film to bring us full circle back to the Prime Universe, since we know that some of the cast of Star Trek may not do anymore after a third film.
Why the hell would the villain be Picard? Because there's only one person on earth with a British accent?

Old 04-17-2013, 10:31 AM   #670
Farren
Side Kicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caekzor View Post
Harrison says it's a Dreadnought Class starship in one of the sequences shown at CinemaCon.

Quote with more info on the ship:
"Dreadnought Class. Two times the size – three times the speed – advanced weaponry – minimal crew…built solely for combat."
Whoop, my bad. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 AM   #671
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:

1. An alternate universe Picard? So this film would also involve time travel? I'd have to disgree with this.

2. Doubtful that the new ship is another Enterprise. And deffo not the alternate D.

3. Spock Prime wont be in this. The 09 film involving Spock Prime was used as a way to pass on the characters to the news cast.

4. This one is a big ?????

5. The Guardians of the Galaxy? Do you mean the Guardian of Forever? Well, I would disagree with this also. This universe is its own. Broken at the start of ST09. And I'm fine. It allows to tell new stories and put the characters in new perils. If it 'somehow' resumes the prime line, then we know how kirk dies and what happens to spock etc. I want somethine new. ST09 allowed it and kept Trek fans happy.

Old 04-17-2013, 11:05 AM   #672
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
Why the hell would the villain be Picard? Because there's only one person on earth with a British accent?
They were all wiped out in the Harry Potter Wars of 2145.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 04-17-2013, 11:13 AM   #673
musclesforsupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
1. An alternate universe Picard? So this film would also involve time travel? I'd have to disgree with this.

2. Doubtful that the new ship is another Enterprise. And deffo not the alternate D.

3. Spock Prime wont be in this. The 09 film involving Spock Prime was used as a way to pass on the characters to the news cast.

4. This one is a big ?????

5. The Guardians of the Galaxy? Do you mean the Guardian of Forever? Well, I would disagree with this also. This universe is its own. Broken at the start of ST09. And I'm fine. It allows to tell new stories and put the characters in new perils. If it 'somehow' resumes the prime line, then we know how kirk dies and what happens to spock etc. I want somethine new. ST09 allowed it and kept Trek fans happy.

1. Rumors online seem to have alot of people thinking it could be Picard, however some people have speculated a Q as well. Guess we all will know in a few weeks.

2. I was also thinking maybe excelsior

3. Wasnt it confirmed Nimoy was cameoing?

4. Yea I still ? if Khan is in this but still believe it will lead into him in a 3rd movie

5. DOH yes I mean Guardian of Forever, because remember he is always there he is "time" so why shouldnt he exist in this universe? It would be a perfect way to bring a full circle to these movies and bring us back to the Prime universe. I just wonder what will happen in future movies, Quinto I thought mention he would not want to do more trek after a 3rd film, can this cast go on to make 5 or 6 movies like the orginals did? I think the next set of movies will be in the future with an NCC-1701-H or I

Old 04-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #674
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
the J may be bigger
Ah yeah, I forgot about that future version one. Never knew they gave a size for it though (it wasn't really seen much in that Enterprise episode). If that chart is accurate that is a lot bigger (going by the scale of the D next to it).

Old 04-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #675
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:

Doubtful. Time travelling baddie was done in the first film. Bad Picard was done in Nemesis. Can't see that one myself.

Quote:
They missed the boat in Generations for having both ships on screen together, and it's gone for good now. In this reboot timeline the new Enterprise and it's successors meeting won't have anything like the impact that seeing the original timeline ship and the original D on screen together would have.

Quote:
Can't say I see that happening. His appearance in the last one was sort of the official handover to the new cast. His purpose was served then.

Quote:
Possible. Those cryo pods (if that is what they are) and Harrison appearing to be augmented himself suggest there is a link there. Not sure if Khan will appear as a baddie for a 3rd film, but a cameo in this one (maybe seen in one of those cryo pods) is possible atm.

Quote:
I think they will pursue this timeline for as long as the films are profitable. Can't see them ever returning to the original timeline now on film (unless they do a TNG era crossover or something).

For the 'prime' timeline I figure they'd go back to a TV series for that (picking up after TNG/DS9/Voyager eras).