JP
To me

Default Re: Star Trek Into Darkness - Part 4

First clip it great.

Old 04-22-2013, 01:49 PM   #727
Doc Ock
There and Spidey Again

That clip is fantastic, very looking forward to this!

Old 04-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #728
Bad Superman
World's Grimmest Hero

I watched the trailer yesterday. Late, I know. It was EPIC!!!

"There’s no need to "modernize" Superman in order for the character to be appealing to the new generation. Superman is not a brooding angst ridden conflicted hero. He is a beacon of hope and his mission is to fight for Truth, Justice and the American way. Superman doesn’t need to wear an armor suit. He’s THE Man of Steel. There’s no need to “modernize” the suit for it to be more “dark” and “edgy”. If today’s generation can’t accept the character’s roots and essence, then they’re not true fans."
Old 04-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #729
Octoberist
point blank

Loved the clip!

So according to Trekmovie.com we should be getting reviews soon, maybe as soon as tommorow if not sooner due to the film premiere and gala in Australia on Tuesday.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #730
georgec
Not a hero

Wow already time for reviews!

Summer movie season is almost upon us.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 04-22-2013, 04:49 PM   #731
redhawk23
Wrestlin'

These surfboards are awesome.

Old 04-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #732
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Indeed.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
“At DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-22-2013, 05:05 PM   #733
Octoberist
point blank

Somebody brought this up already but it's strange that there's no 'Art of' book accompanying the film.

Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #734
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hm, well not all movies get art books. Still an art book for the new franchise would be really cool.

- CM Punk
Old 04-22-2013, 07:04 PM   #735
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Somebody brought this up already but it's strange that there's no 'Art of' book accompanying the film.
JJ is playing this one pretty close to the chest, it seems. Are any such books or materials confirmed to be planned for release after the movie comes out?

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
Old 04-23-2013, 03:41 AM   #736
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

Chris Doohan gets to be in the Transporter room again for STID

Yay!

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 04-23-2013, 03:46 AM   #737
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk23 View Post
These surfboards are awesome.

Cute dorky surfboards!

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-23-2013, 04:31 AM   #738
RetrogradeOrbit
My own Dark Passenger

^^^
At least we get to see the big three together in the same photograph this time...

I got thrown out of a window! What's the f***ing charge for getting pushed out of a moving car, huh? Jaywalking?

My father gave me one piece of advice. He said "Always. .." No, he said "Never..." well actually he gave me two pieces of advice, I've forgotten the other one. But the important one is, "Never chase a man over a cliff".
Old 04-23-2013, 07:35 AM   #739
LEX
No justice; just us.

Got back from the Sydney premiere a few hours ago. No, I didn't see the movie, as I found out about it literally this morning when I came across the red carpet being rolled out at the theatres near my place. About died when I went inside and saw those who were on the backdrop. Figured I'd come back later and try to get a glimpse of the cast.

Everyone was so ****ing handsome in person. Karl Urban was the first to arrive, followed by J.J. Abrams and Chris Pine at the same time, with Zachary Quinto not far behind. Abrams was dorkier than I'd expected for someone with that much power. And Pine looked so dapper everyone must've swooned at least ten times when they laid eyes on him. My phone crashed when Quinto came by, though, so I had to settle for admiring him in real-time as opposed to later from photos. Here are the best of the lot: http://imgur.com/a/goTuX

But the most memorable part of the evening was how these two dudes standing with me got free tickets from some reporter who didn't need them. Lucky bastards!

- Mort
Old 04-23-2013, 08:17 AM   #740
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I'm so stoked!!!
I've only seen the first trailer...i've so far avoided every video and trailer since then. I am going into the film nearly blind! =D

Old 04-23-2013, 08:42 AM   #741
J.Howlett

Cumberbatch is who we all think he is. Someone on imdb is telling the whole film. All of it.

Major death.

Essentially, the film is a massive reworking of Space Seed in this alternate reality.

Old 04-23-2013, 08:48 AM   #742
Jheri Curl
Side-Kick

But is it very good? I'm almost beaten down with recent movie disappointments. (I didn't like The Avengers, TDKR, Iron Man 2, etc. whereas I loved Star Trek (2009), The Dark Knight, the first generation Marvel films, etc.)

Old 04-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #743
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jheri Curl View Post
But is it very good? I'm almost beaten down with recent movie disappointments. (I didn't like The Avengers, TDKR, Iron Man 2, etc. whereas I loved Star Trek (2009), The Dark Knight, the first generation Marvel films, etc.)
A couple of reviews say it's good but not quite as good as '09 Trek. They say it does get dark, even with the humor that's very similar to '09 Trek.

Old 04-23-2013, 10:09 AM   #744
Sharkboy
Hallelujah Pilgrim

It does seem to be getting positive reviews, but most of them seem to say it's just not as good as the first.

The Wind Rises - 9/10 Godzilla - 9/10 X-Men: Days of Future Past - 9/10 Edge of Tomorrow - 8/10 22 Jump Street 8.5/10 How to Train Your Dragon 2 - 8.5/10 Transformers: Age of Extinction - 7.5/10 Calvary - 9.5/10
Old 04-23-2013, 10:19 AM   #745
Visceral
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Cumberbatch is who we all think he is. Someone on imdb is telling the whole film. All of it.

Major death.

Essentially, the film is a massive reworking of Space Seed in this alternate reality.
spoiler tabs

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Old 04-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #746
J.Howlett

Finished reading the spoilers on IMDB. Holy ****!

Old 04-23-2013, 10:40 AM   #747
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Quote:
Finished reading the spoilers on IMDB. Holy ****!
Could you Pm me the link?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #748
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

New clip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #749
Solidus
Not a Jedi yet...

Well after reading the entire "film" from that guy. I'm actually pretty excited.

Massive spoilers do not read if you don't want to know anything.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
At first I was turned off by the idea that this is pretty much TWOK, mainly since John is Khan. That kinda made me mad. But after reading about 4 different fan reviews it still sounds like they all agree the film is great and very well executed. Everyone universally agrees people will be crying and it is extremely emotional and very well acted.

Actually reading the whole movie....it's really not TWOK I Learned, it's really a mixture of Section 31 (which is cool and unexpected) and Space Seed with an emotional twist. It does sound like there are many homages especially the TWOK one of sacrifice at the end. But in reality they said it is one of the most emotional and best scenes I forgive that. It sounds like a mix mash of stuff from TOS and some of DS9 (mainly with the inclusion of Section 31) that it really is not a lot new, but some new threads throughout. The first Trek 09 film was about them introducing each other. And this film all the guys are saying that hand down this is the one where their unbreakable bonds are formed. Where they truly become friends and something beyond. Some of it sounds like Kirk having to prove himself again, which at first I kinda was like eh...But apparently it is very well executed. And looking at my signature the emotional core is the most important part.

Some of there views I've seen though a lot seem to like it as much as ST09, a few said a little less. One guy at BBS liked it more then ST09. So after a little shock, I actually liked hearing the summary.

That and:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
All the guys said on paper it does not sound as good, but executed just fine. The one thing I laughed that some Trek fans tried to gripe about is the blood that heals Kirk at the end. Man they don't watch Trek then, because there has always been very odd things that help/save the crew in all the series. Especially since the genetic blood thing is pretty much the same from TNG: Nemesis.

Last edited by Solidus; 04-23-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:57 PM   #750
georgec
Not a hero

Quote:

Major death.

Fixed.

Closed Thread