This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #3
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Hmm I wonder if the plot will be Powers vs "Normals."
I think Superman is going to convince some of the other heroes (flash, ww among others) that they need to be more forceful with criminals, I think they will agree and as the 5 years passes they will turn more into dictators. Batman I think will start his resistance to overthrow them becuause he knows they are getting out of control, but the "dark" jla will probably be running things, thus the "batman wanted" in the trailer and batmans line of "weve been hiding in the shadows too long" Flashs line in the trailer implies that maybe hes reconsidering his allegiance to superman and is beginning to see its wrong, im thinking some heroes on supes team will turn on him at the end.

Old 01-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #4
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Soooooooo, basically, Marvel's Civil War?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #5
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Quote:
Haha, it's a fighting game. Did you expect anything better?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:07 PM   #6
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
I wouldn't know, what was it about??

Old 01-25-2013, 02:17 PM   #7
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
basically.........................yes haha

Old 01-25-2013, 04:17 PM   #8
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
I wouldn't know, what was it about??
A nuclear-themed villain got into a fight w/ some inexperienced teen heroes and ended up nuking a small community. There was a great national debate over whether superheroes should be registered w/ the federal government and given training, direction, and supervision. Laws passed to make this happen. Iron Man led the pro-registration movement for the government while Captain America led the anti-registration movement. Much fighting ensued among the heroes and a few recruited villains. It's actually a really good read if you want to check it out.

Injustice appears to center around the detonation of a nuke but it seems that Superman just takes over on his own initiative. Story seems more similar to DC's Kingdom Come story....a story that came out b/f Marvel did the Civil War.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-25-2013, 06:47 PM   #9
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

My Theory of the Story Mode:
Joker and Harley Quinn plant a nuclear bomb which was Lex Luthors idea. The nuke explodes destroying Metropolis and its people, including Lois Lane and Baby Supes. He goes to Joker and tries to kill him. Batman stops him and then Superman says that hes going to kill every villain because all they do is hurt people. Some of the Justice League like Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman go with him to kill the villains while others like Nightwing, Catwoman, Green Arrow and Black Canary (If she makes it) try and stop Superman from killing. Villains like Lex Luthor, Bane and Deathstroke may join Batman for a little bit but have their own secret alliance. Superman and Batmans teams both try to recruit other heroes while they try and kill the villains. In the end Batman and his team and Superman and his team have a huge all out battle and the final boss (Whoever it is) take advantage of this and then you battle the final boss. Afterwards the effect of the war get to Superman and he realises what he did. He returns to normal and helps the others.

Batmans Team:

From Start:
Batman
Nightwing
Catwoman
Green Arrow
Cyborg
*Black Canary
*Raven
*Zatanna

Supermans Team:
From Start:
Superman
Wonder Woman
The Flash
Green Lantern
Aquaman
*Martian Manhunter
*Captain Marvel

Villains Team:
Lex Luthor (May join with Batman for the start)
Bane (See Lex)
*Captain Cold
*Sinestro
*Ares
*Black Adam
*Black Manta
*Circe

Jokers Mini Team:
Joker
Harley Quinn

By themselves: (Might join either team)
Solomon Grundy (Might join Supermans team)
Deathstroke (Dont know maybe Lex's team)
*Doomsday (Might be sub boss)

+ Another villain

This is probably totally off anyways but oh well

Old 01-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
A nuclear-themed villain got into a fight w/ some inexperienced teen heroes and ended up nuking a small community. There was a great national debate over whether superheroes should be registered w/ the federal government and given training, direction, and supervision. Laws passed to make this happen. Iron Man led the pro-registration movement for the government while Captain America led the anti-registration movement. Much fighting ensued among the heroes and a few recruited villains. It's actually a really good read if you want to check it out.

Injustice appears to center around the detonation of a nuke but it seems that Superman just takes over on his own initiative. Story seems more similar to DC's Kingdom Come story....a story that came out b/f Marvel did the Civil War.
The sad part of that is that the new warriors weren't in experienced they were trained by captain America and had other training as the leader of that team had been trained by his Marin body guard. But marvel had been doing a lot of stuff since the movies came about that makes it seem like it's arguing with it's self, with what the heroes should be so what ever they want . they were trying to one up one of the former stories that dc did with kingdom come
set up formerly which was repeated in the JLU animated series . their version of the Heroes versus the government. and it still didn't hold up to well after it happened.

And Night Thrasher (Dwayne Taylor) of the new warriors was born in 1985 with in the comic's that's stated on his grave stone. That's hardly a teen.

Last edited by zenith16; 01-25-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:59 PM   #11
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post

Thanks, this kinda sounds like kingdom come, which i think is what Injustice is really based off. Since Lois was killed by Joker in kingdom come, i wont be surprised if she is killed in Injustice. Plus I wonder if Shazam will sacrifice himself like he did in Kingdom Come.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #12
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Speaking of Kingdom Come, i wonder if Alex Ross will draw a variant cover like he did for MK vs DC.

Old 01-25-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
zenith16
Side-Kick

hmm that would be cool

Old 01-25-2013, 07:15 PM   #14
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Speaking of Kingdom Come, i wonder if Alex Ross will draw a variant cover like he did for MK vs DC.
I sure as hell hope so!!

Old 01-25-2013, 08:22 PM   #15
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrmusicman14 View Post
My Theory of the Story Mode:
Joker and Harley Quinn plant a nuclear bomb which was Lex Luthors idea. The nuke explodes destroying Metropolis and its people, including Lois Lane and Baby Supes. He goes to Joker and tries to kill him. Batman stops him and then Superman says that hes going to kill every villain because all they do is hurt people. Some of the Justice League like Flash, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and Aquaman go with him to kill the villains while others like Nightwing, Catwoman, Green Arrow and Black Canary (If she makes it) try and stop Superman from killing. Villains like Lex Luthor, Bane and Deathstroke may join Batman for a little bit but have their own secret alliance. Superman and Batmans teams both try to recruit other heroes while they try and kill the villains. In the end Batman and his team and Superman and his team have a huge all out battle and the final boss (Whoever it is) take advantage of this and then you battle the final boss. Afterwards the effect of the war get to Superman and he realises what he did. He returns to normal and helps the others.
My predictions are very similar to yours. The recent trailer suggest that Flash is on Superman's team but seems to regret it....I'm thinking Flash might switch sides as the story progresses. Also, since NR suggested they hope to build a franchise off these games, I'm guessing teams Batman and Superman reconcile near the end....maybe they all come together for a common end-game type enemy.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:29 PM   #16
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

the one thing they haven't explained yet ( and they say they will ) is how the characters, including the non-superpowered ones, can fight on equal footing.

they have said on numerous occasions that they will explain it. so it has to go beyond "it's just a game" or "fighting game logic."

Superman can always be depowered by Kryptonite. However, others like WW, Flash, GL, etc. would NOT be affected by Kryptonite.

so I don't think it will be as simple as Kryptonite making Supes weak. it has to be more "global" and far reaching to affect all the characters.

I'm thinking either magic, reality-altering power, or an alternate universe/dimension.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-25-2013, 10:02 PM   #17
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
would be cool, but WB/Netherrealm would have said something about that now

Old 01-25-2013, 11:16 PM   #18
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Even though the "HUGE" trailer didn't really satisfy me, i think the weekly comic will. Hopefully we get to see more characters in issue 3.

Old 01-25-2013, 11:50 PM   #19
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Even though the "HUGE" trailer didn't really satisfy me, i think the weekly comic will. Hopefully we get to see more characters in issue 3.
I love the weekly comic. Hoping the Aquaman predictions for issue 4 are true.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:54 AM   #20
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Tom Taylor says that it will show stuff actually starting to happen starting on page 9 Chapter 3, which is the next one.

Old 01-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Any idea how many issues they are planning on releasing before the game is released?

Old 01-26-2013, 08:35 AM   #22
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Any idea how many issues they are planning on releasing before the game is released?
Until we get the May solicitations, it unconfirmed. Wait until the middle of February when the solicitations come out. But from my guess i would think so. The Arkham series is still going.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #23
the last son
Side-Kick

I really like the voice of Benjamin McKenzie. I would like to see him be Batman from now on

Old 01-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #24
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
I can't find the video I seen that helped me find out about these comics, but the guy in the video said they would come out with a new one EVERY Tuesday until the game comes out, cause I looked at my iTunes balance and was like .99 a week? I need to go get an iTunes card haha. He also said in the video that it'd be like 3 digital ones put together to make one printed edition every time.

I just started comics last year, and I'm not far into them. I started reading for the arkham asylum pre arkham city comic. Does arkham unhinged have anything to do with the Arkham games or are they just called that? I only read the prequel to arkham city digital, but would like to buy copies. I know most things going digital, but I don't like them saying comics need to go digital. What about having them 50 years from now, of course they're in good shape, they're in my computer? haha. I don't know, I just don't like I end up double dipping a lot with music and comics on iTunes, since they only thought of putting digital copies with movies.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:55 AM   #25
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I really like the voice of Benjamin McKenzie. I would like to see him be Batman from now on
Only... if... you... want... Batman... to... talk... like... this... with... no... emotion... or... energy.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Closed Thread