Old 02-07-2013, 03:52 PM   #451
Nathan

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Uhm... meh?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:57 PM   #452
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

ok quite surprising to see the arkham based skins, i know they are both under wb but still different companies.

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
Old 02-07-2013, 04:24 PM   #453
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I like the look of Bane's alt. The skull mask is menacing. The shackles and orange pants make it look like he' breaking out of prison and just recovered his gear.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 02-07-2013, 04:34 PM   #454
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
I like the look of Bane's alt. The skull mask is menacing. The shackles and orange pants make it look like he' breaking out of prison and just recovered his gear.
Yeah i think this is the future bane, when all the villians are locked up as Supes and Wondy reign supreme.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:54 PM   #455
Karried

Hey, guys I wanted to ask you all the SHH community, aside from playing this game casually, how many of you are interested in playing Injustice more in depth on a Fighting Game level, and possibly competitively at Tournaments?

Our community is trying to gather interest in this, it'd be great to see how many of you are actually willing to learn FGs, how they work and their mechanics and meta game. It'd be great for this game to have a really strong tournament scene and we could use everyone's support for such a great game, from DC fans and FG fans alike.

Let me know thanks!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:56 PM   #456
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

Not interested in killer croc. He looks like the only one of those 3 villains that is playable. Maybe he's just a boss

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8.5/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 8/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10
Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 PM   #457
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
Yeah i think this is the future bane, when all the villians are locked up as Supes and Wondy reign supreme.
I think you are right. This is the stage where we saw Yellow Ring Hal Jordan confronts Batman in the trailer. We've also seen a stage that looks like a prison complex rooftop in the trailers.....I'm guessing it's part of this same stage as well. I bet we get a super-max prison stage and Bane is one of the inmates (for a little while at least).

Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM   #458
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karried View Post
Hey, guys I wanted to ask you all the SHH community, aside from playing this game casually, how many of you are interested in playing Injustice more in depth on a Fighting Game level, and possibly competitively at Tournaments?

Our community is trying to gather interest in this, it'd be great to see how many of you are actually willing to learn FGs, how they work and their mechanics and meta game. It'd be great for this game to have a really strong tournament scene and we could use everyone's support for such a great game, from DC fans and FG fans alike.

Let me know thanks!
I'm not great but I can pick up a combo or two and I tune into the occasional online stream of game tournaments. I would absolutely love to compete at a tournament and would love some more ins and outs of the meta game. When the game launches I was planning on surfing around for tutorial videos for the characters to up my game.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #459
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

wtf is up with banes alternate?! lol hes got like a freakin bane-thong going on

Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #460
Karried

Quote:
I'm not great but I can pick up a combo or two and I tune into the occasional online stream of game tournaments. I would absolutely love to compete at a tournament and would love some more ins and outs of the meta game. When the game launches I was planning on surfing around for tutorial videos for the characters to up my game.
Cool, the Injustice competitive and overall community is trying to keep this game going strong in the tournament scene by welcoming new players to try and support it. You know what they say, if no one supports the game, than it won't be hosted at events.

Please join, TestYourMight.com and post in the Noobs Passage section, this is going to be the go to all site for Injustice when it launches if you want to learn the game at a more in depth and higher level. Be sure to tag me if you make a thread, so I can welcome you all properly @Karried is how you tag in a thread.

I'll be checking up on here and posting to get more people involved, by no means I am trying to take users away from SHH, trying to expand the Injustice community.

Once again for anyone it's TestYourMight.com

Old 02-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #461
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Oh God Bane's alternate is TERRIBLE bwahahahahaha I actually burst out laughing when I saw it.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:40 PM   #462
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick

Any chance Ed Boon will make a Marvel version?

Old 02-07-2013, 05:41 PM   #463
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Also, a dude at TYM pointed out you can see Two-Face over Flash's shoulder. I heard a guess that it's a screenshot from a stage transition and that would make perfect sense to me.

I actually don't like the idea of Injustice crossing over into the Arkham universe, personally.

Old 02-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #464
Nathan

You can always treat it as a alternate universe kinda deal.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:41 PM   #465
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
I actually don't like the idea of Injustice crossing over into the Arkham universe, personally.
It's not the same universe, it's simply using the same visual flair with minor differences or noone, such as Killer Croc being different height.

It's like the DC animated movies that look like Young Justice, they simply had the same visual designers working on the show, does not mean shared continuity. I don't see why people always think same art/style = same universe.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:52 PM   #466
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

...they aren't just the "same art style." Those are literally the Arkham City models.

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #467
zenith16
Side-Kick

may be they want it to look familiar to some people that played the Arkham games, but I'm sure there will be alot of difference's . Besides Arkhame looks the same in alot of other tv animated installments at times. Don't know why it should be different for games

Old 02-07-2013, 06:57 PM   #468
Drz
Real Hero

Yeah, which is pretty much the same as Phil Bourassa working on both Young Justice & Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. It doesn't mean they share the same universe or continuity, it's just the same style.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:08 PM   #469
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I agree that it is more than using the same style, it's a direct copy. However it's one that I really like. When they revealed the Arkham skins it should have been obvious the WB gave license to cross-promote Rocksteady's IP. I think it's a good thing. It's a tribute to recent highly-regarded games that I beleive most fans will recognize and appreciate seeing... I think it's really cool that NR did it. I love these cameos and I love that NR did it this way.

I don't think of it as the same universe...Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Harley, and Joker are all different.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:12 PM   #470
LuisTX85
Caped Crusader

Cool Bane alt.to me

Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #471
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Yeah, which is pretty much the same as Phil Bourassa working on both Young Justice & Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths. It doesn't mean they share the same universe or continuity, it's just the same style.
lolwut? So if Heath Ledger Joker showed up during the story, it would just be "the same style?" No.

Quote:
I agree that it is more than using the same style, it's a direct copy. However it's one that I really like. When they revealed the Arkham skins it should have been obvious the WB gave license to cross-promote Rocksteady's IP. I think it's a good thing. It's a tribute to recent highly-regarded games that I beleive most fans will recognize and appreciate seeing... I think it's really cool that NR did it. I love these cameos and I love that NR did it this way.

I don't think of it as the same universe...Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Harley, and Joker are all different.

For me it'll depend how it's used. If it's just a stage transition and it's a nod to the Arkham games, then whatever that's a cool easter egg.

But if it's a screen grab from a story cutscene and the Arkham characters show up in their full Arkham designs, that's stupid.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:26 PM   #472
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Can't find pics of the joker one

Old 02-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #473
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
lolwut? So if Heath Ledger Joker showed up during the story, it would just be "the same style?" No.
Yes it would be, it would not mean it's tied within the Christopher Nolan franchise.

I don't know, but why are you stuck on the concept that same design eguals same universe? Why can't you just accept that Warner Brothers owns both Rocksteady and Netherrealms and they want to pimp out their game licenses.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:31 PM   #474
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post

banes's second costume.

Why can't they make Bane human size again?

Old 02-07-2013, 07:34 PM   #475
Nathan

They are taking baby steps. He's already way smaller than the Arkham Asylum/City version.

Closed Thread