Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #26
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron9692003 View Post
I can't find the video I seen that helped me find out about these comics, but the guy in the video said they would come out with a new one EVERY Tuesday until the game comes out, cause I looked at my iTunes balance and was like .99 a week? I need to go get an iTunes card haha. He also said in the video that it'd be like 3 digital ones put together to make one printed edition every time.

I just started comics last year, and I'm not far into them. I started reading for the arkham asylum pre arkham city comic. Does arkham unhinged have anything to do with the Arkham games or are they just called that? I only read the prequel to arkham city digital, but would like to buy copies. I know most things going digital, but I don't like them saying comics need to go digital. What about having them 50 years from now, of course they're in good shape, they're in my computer? haha. I don't know, I just don't like I end up double dipping a lot with music and comics on iTunes, since they only thought of putting digital copies with movies.
Yep, even though I was a big DC comics fan since I was 5 years old I never read anything besides my moms Arabic translated 50s-60s superman comics and watched cartoons movies and reruns of some of the shows. I started getting into the comics in 2008 and now Im hooked on the "The New 52" up to date with 30+ titles of the DC reboot. Also read a bunch of the graphic novels.

Injustice comic is short so if theyre releasing a new issue every week before the game is released we'll get around 13 issues of injustice (130 pages).

So far the story looks awesome my only concern is the cutscenes. Though I loved MK's story mode the cutscenes were a bit clunky.

Old 01-27-2013, 02:56 AM   #27
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
Yep, even though I was a big DC comics fan since I was 5 years old I never read anything besides my moms Arabic translated 50s-60s superman comics and watched cartoons movies and reruns of some of the shows. I started getting into the comics in 2008 and now Im hooked on the "The New 52" up to date with 30+ titles of the DC reboot. Also read a bunch of the graphic novels.

Injustice comic is short so if theyre releasing a new issue every week before the game is released we'll get around 13 issues of injustice (130 pages).

So far the story looks awesome my only concern is the cutscenes. Though I loved MK's story mode the cutscenes were a bit clunky.
Thanks for the reply, I grew up liking marvel and dc, as always was Spider-Man, batman cartoons, my dad watching old adam west batman and stuff, now that older batman and punisher are my favorite characters, like iron man and hulk as well. I've read some batman, kickass, most main supes, no graphic novels yet. I've only bought a few of some series on my tablet, I haven't actually bought any printed comics yet, there's some I'd like to pick up, like this injustice series, just kind of dont know where to start, Batmans my favorite character to this day though, still have all my old toys I played with put up, old batmobiles back to Tim Burton's haha. Only have one Local place to buy comics so that's why been hesitant on going in there and them maybe just trying to sell me something.

But yeah digital with all the nonstory pages is 22, and supposedly every 3 of those will be put together to be printed. The special edition game comes with 1 or 2 of the first full printed comics put together. I got the mk special edition with bookends and art of mk, so this is cool having a comic, just still rather have the UK statue. I didn't know they did that with the regions and statues, then I see last of us gets different statues as well, guess they do it more often than I thought or are just starting.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 PM   #28
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

sooo.....I was just thinking. Raven might be in the game and playable, but has yet to be officially revealed.

The Ravens are playing in the Super Bowl, next Sunday, 2/3.

could we get a Raven reveal next Super Bowl Sunday???

prob wishful thinking.........lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #29
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenX View Post
sooo.....I was just thinking. Raven might be in the game and playable, but has yet to be officially revealed.

The Ravens are playing in the Super Bowl, next Sunday, 2/3.

could we get a Raven reveal next Super Bowl Sunday???

prob wishful thinking.........lol
It could happen. Although if Baltimore wins, i wouldnt mind him hinting at Raven.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #30
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

how bout a double reveal like they did with nightwing and cyborg.

Aquaman and Raven revealed on the same day will please a lot of fans.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #31
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the last son View Post
I really like the voice of Benjamin McKenzie. I would like to see him be Batman from now on
Are you Ben McKenzie?

this was his last post.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #32
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Hopfully they start revealing more st uff soon, im kind of concerned at the lack of gameplay vids, but they did just announce the official release date so Im not worried that it'll be delayed

There was also a tweet from Rigo I believe saying that a demo build is coming or something of that nature, I wonder if it will be a demo at certain functions or downloadable like MK9? (I doubt downloadable like MK9 after the fiasco that caused)

Old 01-28-2013, 02:15 PM   #33
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

For what it's worth, Hector Sanchez is one of the developers on the game and has been suggesting on Twitter that we should be seeing a lot more over the next few weeks. I take that to mean that by mid-February we will have something new worth talking about.

Tomorrow is the web-comic so there is at least a little teaser of something tomorrow to look forward to. Next Tuesday, a week from tomorrow, is the web-comic that has Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lantern going under the sea...so a look at Aquaman w/in the next two weeks seems likely.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 01-28-2013, 03:12 PM   #34
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
For what it's worth, Hector Sanchez is one of the developers on the game and has been suggesting on Twitter that we should be seeing a lot more over the next few weeks. I take that to mean that by mid-February we will have something new worth talking about.

Tomorrow is the web-comic so there is at least a little teaser of something tomorrow to look forward to. Next Tuesday, a week from tomorrow, is the web-comic that has Superman, Wonder Woman, and Lantern going under the sea...so a look at Aquaman w/in the next two weeks seems likely.
Actually the cover with Supes, Lantern, and Wondy diving into the ocean is for issue 4, which comes out in April. This month's comic was just the prequel. Next month they will focus on a new world order.

Solicitations:

Based on DCs latest, highly anticipated videogame, from the makers of Mortal Kombat!
Following a great tragedy, a new world order is proposed. But not every hero is willing to go along with the plan.
Its hero versus hero in epic, unprecedented battles!

I'm guessing they'll focus on the tension of how the new world order will go.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #35
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

^ Bummer....I thought the issue 4 cover that hints at Aquaman was the digital cover and not the issue 4 (april release) paper cover.

Well, hopefully we get a better view of someone that has been hinted at in tomorrow's digital release.

Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #36
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Just read Injustice #3! Man its over the top! No reveals but its still awesome!

Old 01-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #37
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

What!!! Issue 3 is out?!? How come I cant find it on the DC app?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:04 AM   #38
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Themrmusicman14 View Post
Just read Injustice #3! Man its over the top! No reveals but its still awesome!
Spoiler synopsis and discussion:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
So Superman rockets Doomsday into space to protect Lois and baby. Joker and Harley take their leave but get stopped by Green Lantern. Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman are with him. Joker hints at his plan and Batman quickly figures it out...Joker surgically connected a heart monitor to Lois' heart and then connected the monitor to a nuke detonator. Superman has inhaled and is poisoned by a mixture of Scarecrow gas and Kryptonite...he's currently rocketing Lois into space and not actually Doomsday. Batman tries desperately to call Superman but it's done, Lois dies in space and Metropolis goes up in a mushroom cloud. Superman suddenly sees through the toxins and sees his pregnant wife, not Doomsday, floating dead in space.

No new reveals but ...holy crap !!! I can't help but feel for Superman. Since Joker is a playable character I assume he is somehow prevented from killing Joker in the next comic ...I kind of wish he wasn't; Joker needs to go.

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 01-29-2013 at 09:14 AM.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:38 AM   #39
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
Soooooooo, basically, Marvel's Civil War?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
basically.........................yes haha
I love that story, so I'm sold

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 AM   #40
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I love that story, so I'm sold
this seems to be civil war, but on a much more grand and epic scale

Quote:

So Superman rockets Doomsday into space to protect Lois and baby. Joker and Harley take their leave but get stopped by Green Lantern. Batman, Flash, and Wonder Woman are with him. Joker hints at his plan and Batman quickly figures it out...Joker surgically connected a heart monitor to Lois' heart and then connected the monitor to a nuke detonator. Superman has inhaled and is poisoned by a mixture of Scarecrow gas and Kryptonite...he's currently rocketing Lois into space and not actually Doomsday. Batman tries desperately to call Superman but it's done, Lois dies in space and Metropolis goes up in a mushroom cloud. Superman suddenly sees through the toxins and sees his pregnant wife, not Doomsday, floating dead in space.

No new reveals but ...holy crap !!! I can't help but feel for Superman. Since Joker is a playable character I assume he is somehow prevented from killing Joker in the next comic ...I kind of wish he wasn't; Joker needs to go.
Joker needs to go?! bite your tongue! that is blasphemy

Old 01-29-2013, 10:58 AM   #41
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:

****!!!!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #42
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:

Yes, he seriously does need to bite the bottom of the sea

Old 01-29-2013, 12:29 PM   #43
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Yes, he seriously does need to bite the bottom of the sea
why so serious? things just simply arent as fun without the Joker around

Old 01-29-2013, 12:36 PM   #44
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCM View Post
What!!! Issue 3 is out?!? How come I cant find it on the DC app?
Didn't know this has comic tie-in
Must find it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
why so serious? things just simply aren't as fun without the Joker around
I think his best moments are when he push Batman to the edge and not hold back, makes him try to kill him, or do it
Harley is still around, she will keep the fun

Old 01-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #45
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:

that's insane! Joker just got a whole lot more awesome

Old 01-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #46
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I just read issue 3. Oh. F***ing. God. We all knew she'd die. But man, not like this. A man has no choice but to go mad after this.

Old 01-29-2013, 02:22 PM   #47
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
I just read issue 3. Oh. F***ing. God. We all knew she'd die. But man, not like this. A man has no choice but to go mad after this.
which is probably exactly what they were going for

Old 01-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #48
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

hmmm......could we be getting an uptick in reveals in the coming weeks??

The Injustice website has been updated, and now there is a Character Bio page:

http://www.injustice.com/en/news/cha...-now-available

http://www.injustice.com/en/characters

So far, they have all the characters revealed so far, including Bane and Lex. the only one missing seems to be Green Lantern.

I hope to see Raven on this list soon..........

it does say there will be "over 20" characters ready to do battle.

edit: don't see Deathstroke, either. so perhaps they are still updating the page.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 01-29-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #49
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

After reading issue 3, Supes has the right to kill Joker.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #50
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I want to find out how the heck Joker even survives, to end up in the game.

Closed Thread