The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 07:35 PM   #476
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

^ Dictator Superman looks ridiculous... I find the way the 'S' sheild is so raised on these his character models to be an annoying eye-sore. Luckily I've got the New 52 skins coming.

Wonder Woman action figure looks like the New 52 look and is one of her best looks.

Batman figure has blues instead of black...is this going to be an alt for mirror matches? If so I like it.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 02-07-2013, 07:37 PM   #477
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drz View Post
Yes it would be, it would not mean it's tied within the Christopher Nolan franchise.

I don't know, but why are you stuck on the concept that same design eguals same universe? Why can't you just accept that Warner Brothers owns both Rocksteady and Netherrealms and they want to pimp out their game licenses.
Lol okay, man. Whatever you say.

IMO, if Christian Bale's Batman showed up in Man of Steel, it would insinuate that both franchises took place within the same universe.

If Arkham City Killer Croc, Riddler, Two-Face, and Penguin show up in Injustice: Gods Among Us, it insinuates the same as above.

You're free to disagree if you like.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:40 PM   #478
zenith16
Side-Kick

well I don't see that as the same killer crock since the one in Arkham was even some what taller then bane there. BTW what you said of the superman and batman movies that what WB had planned formerly and wanted to happen. and it's working well for marvel since that was there plan as well. it will only help sell those movies better as a whole. but if it'll cause trouble some how? it'll be a shame.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:42 PM   #479
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Do we know if this game is gonna have the same KOTH mode from Mortal Kombat? That was always my fav mode from that game.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #480
Nathan

Don't the DC comics deal with multiverses all the time? I can deal with the Arkham characters in this game as parallel universe versions, that happen to be almost identical.

Remember what Owlman said.

Quote:
"Welcome to Earth Prime. Before there was thought, there was this place. One Earth. With a single history. But with the coming of man, came the illusion of free will. And with that illusion, came chaos. With every choice we make, we literally create a world. History branches in two, creating one Earth where we made the choice, and a second where we didn't. That's the secret of the universe, you know. Billions of people, making billions of choices, creating infinite Earths. Some so similar to each other that you could spend a lifetime searching for any difference. Others so radically different, they defy comprehension."

Old 02-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #481
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
You're free to disagree if you like.
I just don't want you to be bothered, despite being wrong about this. If you want to believe having the same designs means the same universe, that is your decision to make.

Old 02-07-2013, 07:49 PM   #482
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karried View Post
Hey, guys I wanted to ask you all the SHH community, aside from playing this game casually, how many of you are interested in playing Injustice more in depth on a Fighting Game level, and possibly competitively at Tournaments?

Our community is trying to gather interest in this, it'd be great to see how many of you are actually willing to learn FGs, how they work and their mechanics and meta game. It'd be great for this game to have a really strong tournament scene and we could use everyone's support for such a great game, from DC fans and FG fans alike.

Let me know thanks!
I'm definitely interested in it. I was getting pretty good at MK, but I quit because the online was so horrible. If the online in Injustice is good, I'll definitely stick with the game & maybe even be decent enough to feel confident enough for tourneys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldGoblin View Post
Any chance Ed Boon will make a Marvel version?
Highly unlikely. NRS is a WB owned company, so I highly doubt they'll do a Disney game. Lego Marvel happened only because the Lego toy company does Marvel sets.

Plus, Marvel has Capcom as their fighting game company. If Injustice is a big hit, I can see Capcom doing another solo Marvel fighter.

The new Bane costume is horrible. I assume they're saving the classic costume & maybe even the Nolan costume for DLC. :/

Old 02-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #483
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
I just don't want you to be bothered, despite being wrong about this. If you want to believe having the same designs means the same universe, that is your decision to make.
That's great except that I'm not wrong. But thanks anyway! Way to completely ignore my rationale, too!

Old 02-07-2013, 07:52 PM   #484
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

I read that a more up-to-date demo build of this game is being shown off by Kayane (one of the most well-known female pro-gamers) this weekend at the Paris Manga and Sci-Fi show. Hopefully some good game play vids will find their way to YouTube from this!

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."
Old 02-07-2013, 07:58 PM   #485
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
That's great except that I'm not wrong.
So does this mean Young Justice, Justice League: Doom and Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths take all on the same continuity? Is Green Lantern the Animated Series on the same continuity for basing their CGI models off Bruce Timm's vision?

If the guys say that Arkham-verse and Injustice are on the same, thats a different story, but using the same visual designs is nothing more than tributing and hooking up Arkham City fans. Hence there will be alternate Arkham City costumes for Batman and Catwoman for example, as the game franchise has a following.

In other news, Amazon.co.uk now has the Collector's edition, ya!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:05 PM   #486
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I don't follow any of what you listed, so I have no opinion. I'd suggest referring to my reference of the movieverses. Pretty straight forward.

And, like I said, if the Arkham models showed up in the background or as a stage transition, then yeah it's just a neat nod to the Arkham games or a bone to throw the DC fans.

If Injustice Batman full-on has a story mode that involves the Arkham designed characters, it insinuates they are operating in the same universe. Plain and simple. It's much different than borrowing art styles or giving nods.

As I said, it'd be like if Bale stepped into Man of Steel for a scene. But, hey, continue to ignore my example.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #487
Nathan

Quote:
If Injustice Batman full-on has a story mode that involves the Arkham designed characters, it insinuates they are operating in the same universe. Plain and simple. It's much different than borrowing art styles or giving nods.
Aren't we forgetting a bunch of characters though? Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Harley, Joker, Bane, Grundy, they all look completely different from the Arkham games. So even if Croc and the other villains have a role in the story, it doesn't insinuate they are operating in the same universe, because the other half of the Batman related characters are completely different.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #488
ProjectPat2280
SELLING...PERFECTION

Does it really matter what universe they come from or dont come from? This is a fighting game after all. You sure as hell arent about to get some AAA story.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #489
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
I don't follow any of what you listed, so I have no opinion. I'd suggest referring to my reference of the movieverses. Pretty straight forward.
Considering neither you nor anyone has seen the film, it would completely depend on how Batman is even utilized, but we do know Christopher Nolan has stated that in his story, there isn't any other superheroes out there, if Christian Bale would take an easy million to do a cameo role, thats just good for him.

Quote:
No it doesn't. It's just utilizing the property the game publisher owns. It's really the same with Capcom using their vast Ips on different fightning games.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:20 PM   #490
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectPat2280 View Post
Does it really matter what universe they come from or dont come from? This is a fighting game after all. You sure as hell arent about to get some AAA story.
Hey, MK9's story was awesome.

Quote:
Considering neither you nor anyone has seen the film, it would completely depend on how Batman is even utilized, but we do know Christopher Nolan has stated that in his story, there isn't any other superheroes out there, if Christian Bale would take an easy million to do a cameo role, thats just good for him.
You're being obtuse. If Christian Bale showed up in a full on Bat suit in Man of Steel, you wouldn't think that would insinuate the franchises operate in the same universe? Really? You'd just think he was playing a random stranger in the Batman outfit?

Also, it's not the same as MvC, because the entire point of that game is to combine various franchises into a fighting game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Aren't we forgetting a bunch of characters though? Batman, Nightwing, Catwoman, Harley, Joker, Bane, Grundy, they all look completely different from the Arkham games. So even if Croc and the other villains have a role in the story, it doesn't insinuate they are operating in the same universe, because the other half of the Batman related characters are completely different.
Which is why I'm thinking it'll probably be something minor, which is fine. It's probably an easter egg on an Arkham Asylum stage.

But if it isn't there's also nothing to say that the other characters didn't change their outfits to visit Metropolis or wherever Injustice takes place lol.

Last edited by Balthus Dire; 02-07-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:29 PM   #491
Drz
Real Hero

Quote:
You're being obtuse. If Christian Bale showed up in a full on Bat suit in Man of Steel, you wouldn't think that would insinuate the franchises operate in the same universe? Really? You'd just think he was playing a random stranger in the Batman outfit?
I honestly don't care right now since noone has seen the movie. If Christopher Nolan (as he is a producer) would change his mind and decides that his Batman and Man of Steel are on the same verse and this leads to something, i can buy that, but if Bale would do it for an easy money, i can buy that even further. Why would either of them care?

Tho this has absolutely nothing to do with your Injustice argument, i mean if you're this bothered by this, why aren't you nitpicking how the continuity and when the story takes place bothers you? How character heights and voices are different, motivations and so on and so on. :b

Old 02-07-2013, 08:37 PM   #492
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
I honestly don't care right now since noone has seen the movie. If Christopher Nolan (as he is a producer) would change his mind and decides that his Batman and Man of Steel are on the same verse and this leads to something, i can buy that, but if Bale would do it for an easy money, i can buy that even further. Why would either of them care?

Tho this has absolutely nothing to do with your Injustice argument, i mean if you're this bothered by this, why aren't you nitpicking how the continuity and when the story takes place bothers you? How character heights and voices are different, motivations and so on and so on. :b
That's not even my point, though. I said if Bale showed up as Batman. Not if they decided as producers and it lead to something and blah blah blah. I said if he literally showed up as Batman, would you think it wouldn't insinuate they were in the same universe? It's a very simple question.

And yeah, my original example did relate to Injustice, but now I'm just flat out asking you because you're being intentionally obtuse and it's annoying.

I'm not even that bothered by the Injustice/Arkham thing, I just think it's kind of stupid. I would think it was stupid in any game. If I was playing Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and suddenly Chris Hemsworth walked into the game as Thor, I'd think that was stupid, too. Not as an alt, but as a specific character. I also thought it was stupid that they put Freddy in MK9. If you disagree, then that's fine, too.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:40 PM   #493
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
They are taking baby steps. He's already way smaller than the Arkham Asylum/City version.
lol

Old 02-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #494
badgrammar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post

The new Bane costume is horrible. I assume they're saving the classic costume & maybe even the Nolan costume for DLC. :/
Bane in this game is way too big for a Nolan Skin.

The best way to get Nolan's Bane, is by making a new DLC from scratch, and that is not going to happen.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:46 PM   #495
Karried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
I'm definitely interested in it. I was getting pretty good at MK, but I quit because the online was so horrible. If the online in Injustice is good, I'll definitely stick with the game & maybe even be decent enough to feel confident enough for tourneys.
Cool man, great to hear, even if you don't feel confident, offline experience can help you improve greatly . As, we all know sometimes, things online do not work properly. As long as people show up, this game will be hosted, and I hope it's continues to be hosted as events, as long as it gets good entrant numbers.

Be sure to sign up on TestYourMight.com, as I told the other poster, and @Karried, tag me in your thread, so we can welcome you .

Old 02-07-2013, 08:47 PM   #496
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Quote:
Originally Posted by badgrammar View Post
Bane in this game is way too big for a Nolan Skin.

The best way to get Nolan's Bane, is by making a new DLC from scratch, and that is not going to happen.
I liked the weird hybrid one I saw, which would be cool:

Kinda combines the movie design with the mass of the classic Bane.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #497
Nathan

Eww...

Old 02-07-2013, 08:49 PM   #498
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Indeed!

Old 02-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #499
Nathan

I wonder if he'll ever return to look like this again.

Old 02-07-2013, 08:53 PM   #500
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

I'll be floored if that one isn't an alternate.

Closed Thread