The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #676
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Well, they've hinted at Captain Cold and already shown Aquaman, Doomsday, Hawkgirl (Hawkwoman?), Raven, Sinestro, Black Adam, and Ares to either magazines or the public so you would think there wouldn't be any reason to hold back from revealing them. Hopefully we know who is playable and who isn't before launch.

"I can't carry it for you, but I can carry you."

Last edited by Samwise Gamgee; 02-11-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #677
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

I like the two packs but they're 3.75" and $30? I think I'll just stick with the DC unlimited injustice figures

Old 02-11-2013, 05:47 PM   #678
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samwise Gamgee View Post
Week 2 Battle Arena is up: https://injustice.dccomics.com/

Shazam v. Flash

Lex Luthor v. Joker
Hmm... surprised they paired Joker with Luthor. Would've thought they'd save the latter for Superman. That said, this being a popularity contest, my money is on Flash and Joker the respective winners.

And for the following rounds, Batman will beat Wonder Woman while Joker beats Flash; leading to Batman vs Joker for the semi-finals.

Quote:
Well, they've hinted at Captain Cold and already shown Aquaman, Doomsday, Hawkgirl (Hawkwoman?), Raven, Sinestro, Black Adam, and Ares to either magazines or the public so you would think there wouldn't be any reason to hold back from revealing them. Hopefully we know who is playable and who isn't before launch.
Were those characters shown as playable? Or just that they are in-game? Just because the models exist doesn't mean that they will be playable; as seen in the Wonder Woman vs Harley Quinn match which showed Killer Croc, Penguin, Two-Face and the Riddler as Arkham Asylum inmates, none of whom are playable.

Last edited by mr. peasant; 02-11-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #679
zenith16
Side-Kick

captain marvel is up for a arena match against flash so you'll have your answer with that soon as being shown playable. aqua man has been hinted in articles from reporters that have played him. so they claim. He has yet to make an appearance.

Old 02-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #680
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post

Were those characters shown as playable? Or just that they are in-game? Just because the models exist doesn't mean that they will be playable; as seen in the Wonder Woman vs Harley Quinn match which showed Killer Croc, Penguin, Two-Face and the Riddler as Arkham Asylum inmates, none of whom are playable.
You are right that they could just be character models for the story mode. There have been various hints dropped but ultimately all we know these characters are in game, we do not know for sure if any are playable. That's why I was saying above that they still need to be revealed and why I was hoping to know who among them is playable and who isn't before launch.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:02 PM   #681
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

Harley Quinn v. Nightwing from this past weekend's floor-show in Paris: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=hXsIjnR2X_E

The game build they are playing is 5 months old so things may have changed. The picture is poor but you can see some good Harley gameplay.

Honestly Harley looks really good in this game. She's very fast and can combo a lot of moves together. I felt like she was outperforming Wonder Woman and had good openings in the Wonder Woman v. Harley Quinn fight but she couldn't take advantage b/c they wanted to show off WW too.

Old 02-11-2013, 08:31 PM   #682
Balthus Dire
Punishment Continues

Harley definitely looks to have an interesting mix between brawling and zoning.

Old 02-11-2013, 09:10 PM   #683
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

New Injustice banner featuring Shazam punching Flash. From the looks of it, it seems to be Themyscira.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:20 PM   #684
Karried

Please come watch InjusticeLive, it's a weekly show hosted every Monday at 11PM EST, discussing all the great things about Injustice: Gods Among Us!

We will be dissecting the Battle Arena videos, talking basic and advanced game mechanics, discussing Comics, character debates and tournament talk. Please tune in!

http://www.twitch.tv/injusticelive

Also be sure to sign up to TestYourMight.com, and please introduce yourself in the "Noobs Passage" section and tag me @Karried in the thread so we can welcome you . TestYourMight is the premier site for all Injustice gameplay discussions when it releases.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #685
Spider-Vader
Mercin' & Workin'

I voted for Flash & Lex Luthor.

Sort of disappointed that they don't have new rewards this week, hopefully they will next week.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #686
RCM
Mortal Kombatant

Quote:
I wasn't as excited for MK9 so I didn't really follow the pre-launch hype. Who did they hold back from MK9?
They didnt reveal smoke, cyber subzero, or quan chi.

Old 02-12-2013, 12:14 AM   #687
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karried View Post
Please come watch InjusticeLive, it's a weekly show hosted every Monday at 11PM EST, discussing all the great things about Injustice: Gods Among Us!

We will be dissecting the Battle Arena videos, talking basic and advanced game mechanics, discussing Comics, character debates and tournament talk. Please tune in!

http://www.twitch.tv/injusticelive

Also be sure to sign up to TestYourMight.com, and please introduce yourself in the "Noobs Passage" section and tag me @Karried in the thread so we can welcome you . TestYourMight is the premier site for all Injustice gameplay discussions when it releases.
yeah i'm watching it now before I turn and have work so I might not watch all of it thank you for putting it up. if it's also being recorded that would be cool. I like the idea of justice lord pack as they mentioned.

Old 02-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #688
Samwise Gamgee
Side-Kick

My review of today's Injustice comic:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Today's issue begins w/ Harley Quinn in the back of a police car escaping police custody as the radio warns not to bring her to Arkham because Superman might kill her. Quinn escapes and goes to a Joker safehouse but is quickly tracked and caught by Green Arrow. Arrow brings her to his lead-lined hideout and locks her there saying that this is for her protection b/c she needs justice but not an execution by a super being. All along there is some great banter between the two. At the end Quinn is clearly mourning Joker but also supplies some light-hearted humor that is true to her character.

No dramatic cliff-hanger ending this week. The action slows down to some character and story development. The highlight of the issue is the continuing banter between Arrow and Quinn....you have to read it for yourself. Some of it is funny and some of it almost makes you feel sad for Quinn...almost...if she wasn't a psycho murderer and accomplice to all the Joker did and all.

Overall I think this is my favorite issue so far. Even though not much happened the story was a welcome change of pace to catch your breath, develop a deeper story, and add some needed LOLs

Old 02-12-2013, 10:24 AM   #689
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I thought it was an okay chapter, i'm surprised they went another character this time around. But, they did say that a Green Arrow comic was coming and next months issues are about Wonder Woman choosing a side.

On a side note, a new Batman game is coming out this year. Rumor has it that its a prequel with the Justice League.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #690
Mr-Tibble

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07753360_o.jpg

First time post. I follow these message boards regularly to see new info and whatnot, so this was posted on the Facebook page a few minutes ago. Small speculation on my part : what if all the magic users are essentially rounded up and imprisoned? We haven't quite seen any in the game save for Shazam now, and it appears he's broken free from a similar holding tube like Dr. Fate

Last edited by Mr-Tibble; 02-12-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:50 AM   #691
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-Tibble View Post
http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphoto...07753360_o.jpg

First time post. I follow these message boards regularly to see new info and whatnot, so this was posted on the Facebook page a few minutes ago. Small speculation on my part : what if all the magic users are essentially rounded up and imprisoned? We haven't quite seen any in the game save for Shazam now, and it appears he's broken free from a similar holding tube like Dr. Fate
Yeah thats a nice idea, because Superman is weak against magic. Raven and Shazam(the only known magic users in the game so far) could be on Bats side. I dont think Dr. Fate is playable because doesn't have a host yet, nor does his outfit look armored. Although he might have a chance.

Old 02-12-2013, 11:59 AM   #692
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

More screenshot from Injustice facebook page.

In the Flash screenshot, you can see statues of flash and supes. But who are the other two???

Old 02-12-2013, 12:41 PM   #693
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

so have any of the Injustice comics mentioned/shown Supergirl ( or Powergirl )?

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-12-2013, 01:00 PM   #694
Nathan

Oh, you know what? At this point I hope they got blasted in the face by Kryptonite bullets.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #695
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
On a side note, a new Batman game is coming out this year. Rumor has it that its a prequel with the Justice League.
Actually it's not, at least ign and couple other sources are saying, cause the justice league prequel one with batman and jokers first meeting isn't due until 2014 at the earliest so rumor is this would be a totally different game.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #696
Aron9692003
Side-Kick

New 60s batman figures, see robin in the back and special batman from episode him and joker have a surf contest haha

More of DC unlimited, batman unlimited, and far left you see injustice batman figure

DC unlimited justice league figures, have that poster behind some of my Batman collection haha

Killing joke

Is the new robin injustice or new 52?

Seen this on here, but this is the wave 3 DC unlimited joker, that will be released with injustice superman, new 52 darkseid And new 52 aquaman

Then this will be in the batman unlimited wave 3, has anyone seen any others?

Last edited by Aron9692003; 02-12-2013 at 02:01 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:21 PM   #697
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOVOXO View Post
More screenshot from Injustice facebook page.

In the Flash screenshot, you can see statues of flash and supes. But who are the other two???
Im also curious who the statues are besides flash and supes. Behind supes it kinda looks like Captain Marvel?

Old 02-12-2013, 02:32 PM   #698
MangleBoP
Unemployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparta* View Post
Im also curious who the statues are besides flash and supes. Behind supes it kinda looks like Captain Marvel?
I think it's Batman and Cyborg.

Old 02-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #699
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangleBoP View Post
I think it's Batman and Cyborg.
I dont think so because the superman costume looks like his dictator costume, and if thats the case im sure he wouldnt have a statue of cyborg and batman there because they are his enemies, I think its other members from his dark JLA

Old 02-12-2013, 02:56 PM   #700
QBComics
Side-Kick

I immediately thought the Hall of Justice because of the long table in the background. But, it's probably some museum.

Also, sad that Dr. Fate is only in the background of a stage.

Last edited by QBComics; 02-12-2013 at 03:35 PM.
Closed Thread