The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Misc. and Multiplatform Games

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 11:25 PM   #176
Themrmusicman14
Side-Kick

Default Re: Injustice: Gods Among Us - Part 3

Zatanna, Black Canary and Martian Manhunter (Along with Catwoman and Aquaman) have been my most requested characters since announcement. Theres been other ones ive wanted which have all be confirmed but these 3 would be perfect in this. Zatanna should have her classic costume, Black Canary should too and not sure about Martian Manhunter, doesnt he only have one costume? And they need some fan favourites in the game for the initial roster so they can get more people to buy the game as soon as release.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:32 AM   #177
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

I think the roster is primarily based on who worked within the story they were planning, seems like the characters that will be DLC are the ones that fans want, but couldnt quite fit into the story mode

Old 02-01-2013, 10:31 AM   #178
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

In the tgs trailer, you can hears a character who sounds like Martian Manhunter. Plus, being a founding member of the JL is a way he can be in the story mode.

Old 02-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #179
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

I just hope in the end, Superman is somehow "redeemed" in the story.

otherwise, it would be kind of a big slap in the face of Superman fans everywhere........

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-01-2013, 11:51 AM   #180
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Why would that he a slap in the face? Wouldn't the fact that he already has gone so far be a slap in the face? Honestly, I would be ok with it, if everyone redeems themselves, with the exception of Superman. I don't think he could ever return to how he once was, not after the events that led him down this path. Just like Justice Lord Superman couldn't redeem himself. And Lois didn't even die in that story.

Last edited by Nathan; 02-01-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #181
theOVOXO
Side-Kick

I really do hope that some of the heroes redeem theirselves. Idk about Supes though.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:10 PM   #182
Nathan

Does anyone hope to actually see some heroes die? I do. It's turning into an all out war, I'm expecting to see casualties. And I want some of them to be at the hands of Superman.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:41 PM   #183
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

actually, it already is a slap in the face of Superman fans the way they've created the story.

I can understand Superman's considerable pain, anger, and guilt. but to become a dictator/emperor? I could see him going into self-imposed exile/imprisonment ala Kingdom Come......

and, I could see them using a "magic reset" button at the end of the story, figuratively or literally.

perhaps some high level magic character casts a spell that resets time back to before all of this happened.

or Superman, realizing what he has become, turns back time by flying around the world like in the Donner films.

or, maybe there's a big twist at the end. that the events are really taking place on Earth-2 ( which would explain the inclusion of Power Girl ). Batman realizes he cannot stop Emperor Superman and his regime by himself. so he contacts the Justice League of our dimension. which would set up the sequel: Justice League vs Injustice League.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #184
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
actually, it already is a slap in the face of Superman fans the way they've created the story.

I can understand Superman's considerable pain, anger, and guilt. but to become a dictator/emperor? I could see him going into self-imposed exile/imprisonment ala Kingdom Come......
It's an elseworld story. Not every Superman, in all the parallel worlds, is the same. And circumstances that push him over the edge aren't always the same either. The death of Lois and his child, by his own hands, plus the entire destruction of Metropolis, is not something that I can see would push him into exile. This would definitely force him to take action.

Quote:
and, I could see them using a "magic reset" button at the end of the story, figuratively or literally.

perhaps some high level magic character casts a spell that resets time back to before all of this happened.
It's the only thing I can see happen. Superman would be too far gone, the only way to redeem him, would be to prevent the events from happening. So I definitely hope for some time travel shenanigans.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:57 PM   #185
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

plus, there's still the issue of how the regular characters can fight with the powered characters on equal footing. and they DID say there will be an explanation.

so, I can definitely see magic being involved in some way.

if Ares is in, maybe he has something to do with everything. he is the god of war/conflict, isn't he?

maybe he's the end boss in Story mode, and when you defeat him, the "spell" is broken, and everything gets reset.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #186
Nathan

I personally hope that Ares isn't involved in Superman going all Emperor. When the boyscout goes bad, it should be of his own will, not because he had an invisible hand guiding his actions. But I can see Ares getting involved, because he wants to see the conflict continue. With Superman in charge, there'd be no crime and barely any resistance. Like in the Justice Lords Episode, where there was nothing else to do anymore, so that Batman build a dimensional portal, because he was basically bored out of his mind.

Maybe the remaining heroes will get a power boost from Ares? So they can stand a chance against Superman and company and the conflict continues.

Last edited by Nathan; 02-01-2013 at 01:11 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:11 PM   #187
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

I kinda hope the end comes down to a very personal fight between Batman and Superman that ends in a casualty.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #188
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

I guess we'll find out in a few months!! lol

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #189
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side

It would be hilarious if Lex Luthor ended up saving the day.

: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:23 PM   #190
Nathan

Does the female here look like anyone we should know? You can't see the face, just the body. Could probably be a random female soldier.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 02-01-2013, 01:27 PM   #191
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

well Earth-3 Lex is a hero, and fights the evil justice league so its possible

Old 02-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #192
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Why would that he a slap in the face? Wouldn't the fact that he already has gone so far be a slap in the face? Honestly, I would be ok with it, if everyone redeems themselves, with the exception of Superman. I don't think he could ever return to how he once was, not after the events that led him down this path. Just like Justice Lord couldn't redeem himself. And Lois didn't even die in that story.
I'm guessing because the ratio of "Superman is evil and psycho, Batman is awesome and saves the day" stories is way too high.

I'm not even a huge fan of Superman, but I can understand why some fans would be very annoyed at that. Why can't Batman be the one who snaps and becomes a crazed dictator? Seriously, do ANY evil Batman stories even exist?

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:55 PM   #193
Nathan

We all know, evil Batman would basically be Batman kills the DC Universe.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:56 PM   #194
GamerSlyRatchet
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
We all know, evil Batman would basically be Batman kills the DC Universe.
....except the Joker, of course.

I can say the biggest difference between this show [YOUNG JUSTICE] and "ULTIMATE SPIDER-MAN" is showcased in one detail; this show expects their audience to know who H.G. Welles is, while "USM" assumes kids have never done anything but play video games in their room or watch MTV.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:57 PM   #195
zenith16
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post
I'm guessing because the ratio of "Superman is evil and psycho, Batman is awesome and saves the day" stories is way too high.

I'm not even a huge fan of Superman, but I can understand why some fans would be very annoyed at that. Why can't Batman be the one who snaps and becomes a crazed dictator? Seriously, do ANY evil Batman stories even exist?

yup there's justice lord batman from the JLA TAS and if you saw The Animated movie crisis on two earths owl man is the evil bat man of that universe there and the main bad guy at the end of that story. oh some versions of vampire batman in the comic's and a few I might be forgetting. on the spot there only so much you can remember

Old 02-01-2013, 02:03 PM   #196
Sparta*
~Servant of Shao Kahn~

Vampire batman trilogy was epic, he kills the crap outta joker in that story

Old 02-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #197
zenith16
Side-Kick

yeah, But I'm talking about the ones that were evil and show up in the main dcu's at the time. there were a few events .

Old 02-01-2013, 02:22 PM   #198
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I wish the story was like MK vs DC where you played two POV But in this game it'd be Supes&Bats POV

Old 02-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #199
Nathan

I'd like that. Also, depending on which side you play, the ending should change. Basically, if you play from Bats POV, he wins, and when you Superman's POV, he wins.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM   #200
X Knight
Symbol of Hope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
I wish the story was like MK vs DC where you played two POV But in this game it'd be Supes&Bats POV
that would be nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerSlyRatchet View Post

basically, this.

not saying the story won't be good or interesting.

it just feels like it's being done for the sake of making Batman the "hero" at the expense of Superman.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Closed Thread