The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #26
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Default Re: Why does Peter work at the Bugle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLightning View Post
If you want to make a crazy connection...

Origin Movie -> Superman The Movie -> Spider-Man -> Batman Begins
Hero has doubts about his mission/Loses powers -> Superman II -> Spider-Man 2 -> The Dark Knight
Hero faces an evil version of themselves -> Superman III -> Spider-Man 3 -> The Dark Knight Rises
Yah...while Raimi's trilogy would never be as great as the TDK trilogy, imo, Spider-Man 3 could've made the trilogy really solid if it was Raimi's original idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Now I appreciate the reboot even more. SM4 probably would have been the Batman & Robin of the franchise. Well... maybe not THAT bad.
Nothing could ever be that bad, but it would have only gotten worse if Raimi just let Sony pull his strings some more for a fourth installment as Sony was definitely NOT going to let Raimi have it his way...

and people wonder why I worry about Webb's series...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Wonder what would happen if Batman had a fourth movie in Nolan's series
Ehh, I don't know. Nolan may have had no energy to make such an enjoyable fourth film when he only intended a trilogy.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 AM   #27
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick

To be fair to Jameson, he did go out of his way to protect his identity. And he does pay Peter regularly. So, he's really not that bad of a boss.

Thundercrack85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:46 AM   #28
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Yah...while Raimi's trilogy would never be as great as the TDK trilogy, imo, Spider-Man 3 could've made the trilogy really solid if it was Raimi's original idea.
I'm confident that if Sony let Raimi do what he wanted, then we would have gotten a solid trilogy (at the very least).

Quote:
Ehh, I don't know. Nolan may have had no energy to make such an enjoyable fourth film when he only intended a trilogy.
I feel like he lost a lot of energy for TDKR.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 12:48 AM   #29
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundercrack85 View Post
To be fair to Jameson, he did go out of his way to protect his identity. And he does pay Peter regularly. So, he's really not that bad of a boss.
That's actually pretty true. "This stuff comes in the mail!" He obviously does care for Peter... he's just a little nuts.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-28-2013, 12:52 AM   #30
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
I'm confident that if Sony let Raimi do what he wanted, then we would have gotten a solid trilogy (at the very least).
Solid? Yes, I agree to that, but I don't think the trilogy would have been great as I even view BB to be better than Spider-Man 1 and TDK to be better than Spider-Man 2. Nonetheless, the "curse" or what have you would've been halted with Spider-Man 3 if we had Raimi's original intent and the first solid CBM trilogy, two things Nolan wouldn't have accomplished first if Raimi succeeded.

Quote:
I feel like he lost a lot of energy for TDKR.
Minority way of thought, imo. Nolan just went with a different way of not telling Gotham's side of things as seen in TDK(and only barely in BB) when he relied more on the scope and only the main characters. Wouldn't consider that losing energy to do the threequel though.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 AM   #31
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Solid? Yes, I agree to that, but I don't think the trilogy would have been great as I even view BB to be better than Spider-Man 1 and TDK to be better than Spider-Man 2. Nonetheless, the "curse" or what have you would've been halted with Spider-Man 3 if we had Raimi's original intent and the first solid CBM trilogy, two things Nolan wouldn't have accomplished first if Raimi succeeded.
I still think SM1>BB, and SM2>TDK (very close though), so for me it would have been as great of a deal.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #32
Anno_Domini
Banned User

It would have definitely been the first CBM trilogy I would own if Spider-Man 3 went by Raimi's original idea(even though if the retcon stayed, I would still have problems with that but not enough problems that I wouldn't have owned S-M 3), but now The Dark Knight Trilogy is the only CBM trilogy I own; I just own a lot of other duologies, lol.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:55 PM   #33
BlueLightning
Caballero de la Luz

Can it be named "duology" if a third film from the same author is released? Just a thought.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat around a young boy's shoulders to let him know that the world hadn't ended.

BlueLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 PM   #34
Anno_Domini
Banned User

By saying duology, it means that I own the first two films.

Old 01-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #35
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
They specifically pointed out that it was inspired by The Amazing Spider-Man #50 in several interviews on the DVD. The most obvious proof is that they take the same exact shot of Peter walking away from the costume in the garbage pan. Also, the title of that comic is called "Spider-Man No More," which is a line Peter says a couple of times in the movie.

Now THAT is not a coincidence.
Throwing the costume and the line "Spider-Man no more" was taken from that issue, the issue doesn't have the hero losing his powers
Regardless of the issue it adapts, taking notes from another superhero series is in the face

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #36
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Throwing the costume and the line "Spider-Man no more" was taken from that issue, the issue doesn't have the hero losing his powers
No, it has Peter quitting. Raimi incorporated the power loss angle into it as the reason he quits. But it's basically the same thing. Peter quitting being Spider-Man. He also took the Jonah stuff with buying the costume found in the garbage and displaying it on his wall from ASM #50;

Quote:
Regardless of the issue it adapts, taking notes from another superhero series is in the face
What do you mean in the face? Unless you're a die hard Spidey fan, you won't get the references. And fans love it when there's blatant inspirations from the comics like this.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:06 AM   #37
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
No, it has Peter quitting. Raimi incorporated the power loss angle into it as the reason he quits. But it's basically the same thing. Peter quitting being Spider-Man. He also took the Jonah stuff with buying the costume found in the garbage and displaying it on his wall from ASM #50;
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

I did say that
Quote:
Frederick Looks a lot like Harry Osborn in this panel
Quote:
What do you mean in the face? Unless you're a die hard Spidey fan, you won't get the references. And fans love it when there's blatant inspirations from the comics like this.
Taking notes from Superman 2 and making the main guy lose his power in the second film

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 09:08 AM   #38
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Taking notes from Superman 2 and making the main guy lose his power in the second film
Superman didn't lose his powers. He gave them up willingly.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 AM   #39
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
Superman didn't lose his powers. He gave them up willingly.
I think the fact that both Spider-Man and Superman become ordinary humans in their second films is just a coincidence. What don't people get... Spider-Man 2 was inspired by Amazing Spider-Man #50?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:18 PM   #40
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Peter doesn't have time for a job but what if he could get paid somehow for his time he spends as Spider-man.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #41
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Peter doesn't have time for a job but what if he could get paid somehow for his time he spends as Spider-man.
Brilliant!