The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 02-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #26
Indy1Jones
Professor Of Nothing

Default Re: Batman Beyond as the next Batman film???

It should happen soon very soon.

Indy1Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:17 PM   #27
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Quote:
Originally Posted by misjuevos View Post
i also don't like eastwood for an old bruce wayne. even in his prime eastwood never had the shoulders or build for him. not saying he should be a musclebound guy, just someone who looks like he was in great shape when he was younger.
While I'd agree with Eastwood, he would be my first choice - those saying him have to remember... this film will likely be filmed 10 years from now, if that. Eastwood will be long past retirement by then if not being cared for in an elderly home, hopefully. He won't be physically able to be Bruce Wayne. He's 82 right now.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Ultimatehero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 01:38 PM   #28
shauner111
Side-Kick

Clint will probably be gone or just way too old to act when it happens.

Hopefully they scrap Justice League completely once Man Of Steel does really well in the box-office. We get a MOS sequel in 2015/2016 and a Batman reboot around 2016/2017. By the end of the decade, WB gives us a sequel for Batman and completes Supermans trilogy. Then you do a Batman Beyond right after, as soon as the new decade begins.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:58 PM   #29
misjuevos
WUUHAAAAAAAAA!

Batman beyond would be a good movie to do while they are still unsure about justice league. They can start fresh and not worry about who is part of what universe. As far as an actor for old bruce wayne just cast like a 45-50yr old. Age him up and not worry about If he can physically do it.

Old 02-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #30
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

40-50 year old doesn't make sense when we know 50 + year olds can still kick ass and take names and are closer to old Bruce Wayne mentality. The reaction to that would be -- why cast a young guy when old guys are known to be able to kick ass! Liam Neeson is 60 years old and he's just BECOME a major action hero. Why cast someone way younger? All Bruce does is sit behind a chair for the most part. You ABSOLUTELY need someone that the second you see them - you know they've been through hell and back and that they can kick ass. You NEED a major action hero in this role, not a newbie.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag

Last edited by Ultimatehero; 02-08-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:42 PM   #31
Tristan_McClark
Side-Kick

How I would love to see a Batman Beyond film! When I was a kid, I remember seeing the promos and thought it was going to be corny. Definitely was proven wrong.

I can see a 60+ Bruce Wayne getting at least one action moment. He got a few moments in the series, why not one for the film? I also think it's a perfect opportunity to show more of his intellect and detective skills especially as he's more of an Oracle.

Old 02-08-2013, 11:03 PM   #32
shauner111
Side-Kick

For the movies, they need a Bruce who's around the age Michael Caine and Morgan Freeman were when Batman Begins kicked off. Casting an actor in their late 70s or like Clint Eastwood who is in his 80s..would be too risky. What if something happens to them when they need a sequel? Even an actor in his 60s with more makeup would be perfect. Anything younger than that is not good enough. There's a difference between Dark Knight Returns-Wayne and Beyond-Wayne.

Now dont bite my head off but here's a little idea. And yes this is plan B but i think it would still be cool and faithful to TWO different interpretations..

If i didn't want a Beyond so bad within the next 5-10 years, and WB weren't planning on doing it for a lonnnng lonnnnng time..Say in 25 years if we dont get a Beyond adaptation (would be sacrilege if they waited this long i know). Id say Bale (in his 60s with added makeup) would be really neat.

We could see how the symbol has progressed 35 years after the events of Rises. Gotham has been rebuilt & changed quite a bit and the worlds technology has progressed like you wouldnt believe. It would be set around the year 2052.

Terry McGinnis is now Batman. Bruce is in his cave with Ace by his side. Blakes Nightwing suit is in a glass next to both of Bruce's suits from his Begins and Dark Knight days. They can throw in another Robin or Batgirl suit if they want to add to the feel that many successors & sidekicks have protected Gotham through the years.

JGL could make a cameo and so could Hathaway. John Blake could be well into his 50s and Selina in her 60s. Gordon, Alfred, Fox have been dead for a while, of course.

Barbara Gordon who may have had a relationship with Blake once upon a time, is the Commissioner.

Villains? They can figure that out when the time comes. A Joker re-cast? An imposter Joker and his gang? Mr. Freeze? New villains?

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 11:09 PM   #33
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

There's only ONE villain who is necessary and down-right NEEDED...

BLIGHT. He is Terry's Joker.

He was the first Batman Beyond villain and he is the most iconic.

If Joker is ever brought in - it would need to be the third film.