The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 01:47 AM   #801
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
I know... this makes it look like that rumored synopsis that broke out a few days ago is true after all
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
(that Rogue isn't in the team and that they have to find her to "siphon" Kitty's abilities)

Plus...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
they said at comic con today that Wolverine's mind time travels with the help of Shadowcat's powers...idk but it seems to me that the synopsis seems more and more official...
I'm finding it hard to believe that Rogue isn't in the team and they have to find her (like as if they knew her powers came back and Rogue still decided to leave the X-Masion). If Magneto got his powers back when he was injected by three syringes of the so called "mutant cure". I don't see why Rogue won't get her powers back right away, she probably got injected once.

And I think this green/white outfit might be just a nod to her costume in the comics, but its not really her "costume" in the movie but its just her casual clothes in the movie. They don't have to wear their black/battle costume all the time.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018

Last edited by psylockolussus; 07-21-2013 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 01:50 AM   #802
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^I agree. I really just hope Rogue grts one good action scene.

:o
Old 07-21-2013, 01:53 AM   #803
Mary
Bongiovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Me too, after X3 I think we deserve to see Rogue kick some ass.

Old 07-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #804
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I'm still waiting for our 1st glimpse of Rogue in DOFP!

When are they gonna leak the pictures that is similar to the leaked photos of Prof X/Magneto/Colossus/Bishop.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #805
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hope she's in it for more. I mean, now that Anna is all grown up, she's the perfect rogue we know and love.

I think the green suit could be a battle armor, just with some different flare. They are all going to have differences, Storm with her cape, Xavier has a jacket I believe, Magneto also has a cape, Bishop has the red accent scarf, colossus when Steel'd up will have the metallic arms and face. Wolverine with his designs(hopefully colored yellow/black), There will definitely be some differentiation. It will probably be more subdued than we're left to believe, maybe a shade of green on her arms or something, with a small sliver of white somewhere.

Or its her casual clothes, which works too I guess. It would be disappointing, but from the footage descriptions, it wasn't so obvious that it was casual clothes. I think its a battle suit indeed.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #806
Mary
Bongiovi Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I'm still waiting for our 1st glimpse of Rogue in DOFP!

When are they gonna leak the pictures that is similar to the leaked photos of Prof X/Magneto/Colossus/Bishop.
Me too. I hope we get to see the teaser since we may not get any pic of her soon.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:06 AM   #807
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWayneP View Post
I hope she's in it for more. I mean, now that Anna is all grown up, she's the perfect rogue we know and love.

I think the green suit could be a battle armor, just with some different flare. They are all going to have differences, Storm with her cape, Xavier has a jacket I believe, Magneto also has a cape, Bishop has the red accent scarf, colossus when Steel'd up will have the metallic arms and face. Wolverine with his designs(hopefully colored yellow/black), There will definitely be some differentiation. It will probably be more subdued than we're left to believe, maybe a shade of green on her arms or something, with a small sliver of white somewhere.

Or its her casual clothes, which works too I guess. It would be disappointing, but from the footage descriptions, it wasn't so obvious that it was casual clothes. I think its a battle suit indeed.
For Rogue's costumes, it should be her gloves and a jacket.

And if her costume is going to have a different color then the rest should have one too.

Old 07-21-2013, 02:36 AM   #808
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
For Rogue's costumes, it should be her gloves and a jacket.

And if her costume is going to have a different color then the rest should have one too.
I understand what your saying but im happy that Rogue may have a similar look to her comic counterpart. Im hoping at one point all the X-Men will have some color to their costume maybe once the future is changed.

Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 AM   #809
Roguefan
Side-Kick

For me, it'd be nice if a future film not only addressed her relationship with Gambit and her inability to make skin contact with people but also addressed her ties to the Brotherhood. Of the many definitions of the word "rogue," one of them is to no longer be obedient or controllable, or in a sense, to be a renegade. Now, I don't know why Rogue chose that codename, but it would make sense if she at one point went rogue on her team and joined an opposing team like she did in the comics, at least to me.

Quote:
I'm finding it hard to believe that Rogue isn't in the team and they have to find her (like as if they knew her powers came back and Rogue still decided to leave the X-Masion). If Magneto got his powers back when he was injected by three syringes of the so called "mutant cure". I don't see why Rogue won't get her powers back right away, she probably got injected once.

And I think this green/white outfit might be just a nod to her costume in the comics, but its not really her "costume" in the movie but its just her casual clothes in the movie. They don't have to wear their black/battle costume all the time.
Well, I wouldn't say hard to believe. One of the X3 writers wrote the script. Plus, half the team (with most of its leaders) were dead by the end of X3. That's a good reason to leave a team, whether or not the cure was permanent. In the end, even Wolverine left for Japan...

Last edited by Roguefan; 07-21-2013 at 06:16 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:44 AM   #810
Mars123
Side-Kick

When the cast were asked about what other xmen the actors like to be, I loved how Anna was like apart from rogue flying..... She obviously loves the character.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:08 AM   #811
Angamb
Banned User

she said that? ohhhh cool!

I have yet to see the panel

Old 07-21-2013, 09:36 AM   #812
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
Well, I wouldn't say hard to believe. One of the X3 writers wrote the script. Plus, half the team (with most of its leaders) were dead by the end of X3. That's a good reason to leave a team, whether or not the cure was permanent. In the end, even Wolverine left for Japan...
This is weird if it's true. Rogue took the cure so she could be with Bobby, so why would she then leave the mansion where Bobby is living? Doesn't make sense.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:42 AM   #813
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

^But her powers may have come back so see couldn't deal and bailed. It's that simple.

Or she is just on a seperate mission. Let's not over yhink this until we have more evidence.

Last edited by jaymes_e06; 07-21-2013 at 09:49 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 AM   #814
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, doesnt make too much sense.

Maybe the reason behind all of this is that in the future there will be some different small teams on different places, and not all the 10 or so actors together all the time.

Old 07-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #815
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
^But her powers may have come back so see couldn't deal and bailed. It's that simple.
possibly, aslong as it isn't iceman and kitty got together and rogue got angry and left and then there will be this angry ex gf thing going on

Old 07-21-2013, 09:46 AM   #816
Great Mind(s)
Broken

She could be in a mutant prison camp and the X-Men have to break her out...
I have a feeling she will be important again the way she was in X1...but older, sassy and badass!

Old 07-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #817
Angamb
Banned User

Im sure she will be the best version of movie Rogue to date.

Even if she isnt the best version of the comics yet. But Bryan more than likely gave her a few great moments to shine.

Cant wait to see her whole look on the trailer!! Next week, Fox!!

Old 07-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #818
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

You're expecting a trailer next week?

This version of Rogue will be tougher. She's in a war. It's fight or die.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
This is weird if it's true. Rogue took the cure so she could be with Bobby, so why would she then leave the mansion where Bobby is living? Doesn't make sense.
I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd jump in. Excuse the long post It does make sense. All the others were anti-cure. Rogue left the team when they needed her to go off and get it. She missed the big battle because she was off doing something selfish.

There would be guilt and recrimination. She'd start to feel guilty for betraying the team and herself. And she would be judged by people at the school if not some of the X-men. Probably not badly or maybe not even intentionally but they would have shown signs they disapproved. Rogue also had no reason to live at the school anymore. She wasn't a student, mutant or in the X-men.

It'll have put a strain on her and Bobby. So she could've felt she couldn't stay and left. Not realising her powers would come back. Then when they did it was too late. Logan was gone, her and Bobby broke up (going by what has and hasn't been said I think they're long over) and she wasn't a X-men anymore. Then war broke out and they didn't have time to find her. Or Professor X found her with Cerebro and saw she was taking care of herself. Maybe she's been part of another group of mutant fighters. Then they do need her and have to go and get her. She comes back because Logan needs her and she gets to be the hero for once. She redeems herself after taking the cure.

It explains why she was seen in a green/white when all the others are wearing black. The Kitty reveal makes those spoilers look legit or partly so. And it explains stuff. Why Rogue's such a secret, why Anna filmed less than others, and why she's isn't wearing black in the clip. Either she's captured which doesn't really make sense as she'd be saved earlier, she's dies early or she wasn't part of the group anymore.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 07-21-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #819
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Yep that green and white outfit is so exciting. I have hope they will finally fulfill some of this characters potential.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:22 AM   #820
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
You're expecting a trailer next week?

I've been lurking for a while and thought I'd jump in. Excuse the long post It does make sense. All the others were anti-cure. Rogue left the team when they needed her to go off and get it. She missed the big battle because she was off doing something selfish.

There would be guilt and recrimination. She'd start to feel guilty for betraying the team and herself. And she would be judged by people at the school if not some of the X-men. Probably not badly or maybe not even intentionally but they would have shown signs they disapproved. Rogue also had no reason to live at the school anymore. She wasn't a student, mutant or in the X-men.

It'll have put a strain on her and Bobby. So she could've felt she couldn't stay and left. Not realising her powers would come back. Then when they did it was too late. Logan was gone, her and Bobby broke up (going by what has and hasn't been said I think they're long over) and she wasn't a X-men anymore. Then war broke out and they didn't have time to find her. Or Professor X found her with Cerebro and saw she was taking care of herself. Maybe she's been part of another group of mutant fighters. Then they do need her and have to go and get her. She comes back because Logan needs her and she gets to be the hero for once. She redeems herself after taking the cure.

It explains why she was seen in a green/white when all the others are wearing black. The Kitty reveal makes those spoilers look legit or partly so. And it explains stuff. Why Rogue's such a secret, why Anna filmed less than others, and why she's isn't wearing black in the clip. Either she's captured which doesn't really make sense as she'd be saved earlier, she's dies early or she wasn't part of the group anymore.
It would be awesome if she joined a renegade group of bad guys and when they find her she has more edge and is more of a badass.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:25 AM   #821
Great Mind(s)
Broken

If she were with a renegade group, how great would it be if Gambit were with her?

Old 07-21-2013, 10:35 AM   #822
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
If she were with a renegade group, how great would it be if Gambit were with her?
Omg that would be so awesome and a great way to reintroduce him to maybe set up for the next movie.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:40 AM   #823
Great Mind(s)
Broken

But it would likely be erased from happening. But now the more I think about it, it is brilliant to have Rogue well, rogue. Like she was at the start of X1. Maybe the xteam mostly Bobby, maybe Magneto will have to convince her to help them.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:41 AM   #824
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Exactly. She would be a rogue mutant. Her name would really fit. Having to talk her into helping by playing the Logan card would be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
That would be great but I don't see it happening Maybe in a sequel they'll finally be onscreen together. Anna really liked the idea on the panel. And so did the audience.

I can't believe no one bothered to describe Rogue's clip and look properly. They described Storm's. Yet the character who has been kept the most secretive is the one people didn't pay attention to.

If Rogue has been off fighting with other mutants, we don't need them to be known characters as they wouldn't be important. Though surely there are other mutant groups. The small band of Professor X's can't be the only one still out there fighting and all the others are dead or captured. I kind of like the idea that Rogue has been away for a while it would toughen her up. We know she didn't have Logan around after X3 so she had to fend for herself more anyway. It would also make the dynamic in her scenes more interesting. There would be tension between her Iceman, Professor X and definitely with Magneto. I can't see her ever wanting to willingly join with him after what he did to her in X1. That is perhaps another sign that she's not part of the group from the start. She hates him and they can't just ignore that and have them be comrades at the start of DOFP.

Old 07-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #825
Great Mind(s)
Broken

So Anna on the panel seemed to suggest she would return for another and hopefully with Gambit?

Closed Thread