The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:52 PM   #901
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

I was speaking to a fan who keeps up with the cast etc on Twitter and they said unless Anna flew in secretly later for a day or two (which is possible) she couldn't have filmed with Daniel Cudmore. He arrived just as she left. As for Halle she didn't arrive in Montreal until the 18th and Anna arrived back in LA on the 20th April. Nobody knows when Omar Sy began filming. It does seem like Patrick, Ian, Hugh, Shawn and Ellen definitely were all in Montreal when Anna was.

So, it seems like Rogue does not interact with Colossus and possibly not Storm though she could very briefly if they filmed together the 19th. Bishop is another question mark. All this surely goes to support the Vulture spoilers. The only reason Rogue wouldn't interact with them is if she's not around at first and they're dead when she gets there. We know she is with some of the others thanks to the SDCC footage so why wouldn't Colossus, Storm and Bishop be there unless they can't be? or Bishop isn't part of the present storyline at all in his case.

I really do think the spoilers are looking true and she doesn't appear until well into the movie to save the day after some of her old friends have already died earlier. It would also suggest the movie must flip back and forth between past and present so we can see all this happen. I don't know how the altered future scenes are going to work though. Unless they show Rogue separately to some the other X-men and they work around it that way.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:16 PM   #902
Mars123
Side-Kick

Of course one way around filming could be to film her saying dialogue in front of green screen and slot her in after.... I know they did that with x3 when magneto and co first eye up the Golden Gate Bridge!

Old 07-23-2013, 03:19 PM   #903
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

So we probably shouldn't expect much from rogue in that case, may mean no flying rogue like everyone wants, infact probably does mean no flying rogue

I know many will make reasons why I'm wrong but seems that most likely we won't see it and she will just be there for her power absorbing to help

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-23-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:33 PM   #904
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post

I don't know how the altered future scenes are going to work though. Unless they show Rogue separately to some the other X-men and they work around it that way.
May not show her at all, she may leave after her job is done and that's it

Infact we don't know how they will do a altered future, we may not see it at all

I'm not expecting to see much of this altered future if we do see it, am not expecting to see loads of characters on screen, I think the they will need alot of movie time spent on the story with a cast is big

Old 07-23-2013, 03:34 PM   #905
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Well it would be cool if there's an altered future at the end where we see the X-Men looking more colorful and like their comic counterparts teasing another film. They could show Rogue flying and by explanation of an altered timeline we can easily say she got those powers sometime off screen. With James Marsden returning etc...

Then announcement of another film or something.

Or when they find Rogue in DOFP, she's super badass and flies and throws Sentinels around...

Old 07-23-2013, 03:38 PM   #906
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Well it would be cool if there's an altered future at the end where we see the X-Men looking more colorful and like their comic counterparts teasing another film. They could show Rogue flying and by explanation of an altered timeline we can easily say she got those powers sometime off screen. With James Marsden returning etc...

Then announcement of another film or something.

Or when they find Rogue in DOFP, she's super badass and flies and throws Sentinels around...
I think that would confuse casual audiences when suddenly rogue can fly out of no where

If she has limited screen time chances are she won't be flyng, it may just end up being the xmen needing to find her to use her powers to save wolverine

I think folk shouldn't get their hopes to up

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-23-2013 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:25 PM   #907
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
I think that would confuse casual audiences when suddenly rogue can fly out of no where

If she has limited screen time chances are she won't be flyng, it may just end up being the xmen needing to find her to use her powers to save wolverine

I think folk shouldn't get their hopes to up
Anna had a stunt double so she has some action. She doesn't need a stunt double just to touch Wolverine's face. The first week of filming was all about Rogue's material so she has more going on that just appearing to touch Wolverine's face and that's it. She wouldn't have filmed 4-5 days that were exclusive to her just for that.

I doubt she'll fly as there's no mutants she can get that off but she's doing something. She won't just randomly turn up when needed. There is an obvious storyline there. Her having different colour clothing for a start shows there is one. She may only end up with like 10-15 minutes of screen time but she's obviously going to make it count. Shawn said during filming that week that some cool stuff is coming.

As for the altered future they have to show it or it makes the movie pointless. How do we know anything has changed if we aren't shown the present X-men alive and well in less dark times.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 07-23-2013 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:33 PM   #908
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

^^ true

Old 07-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #909
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
^^ true
For the future scenes you may just see Rogue hanging around the school or the training room with Iceman, Wolverine and Kitty. To show she's back as part of the X-men in the altered timeline.

Then you see Storm, Colossus etc in other scenes showing the same. They don't have to be in the same one. But I do think we'll see them all looking happier and probably at the school. It leaves the door open for them all to come back for a sequel because they're all X-men again.

I doubt the last we ever see of Rogue is after she brings Wolverine back in the unaltered future. It looks she is going to be a pivotal character. Even if she is clearly missing for part of the plot.

Last edited by xDOFPx; 07-23-2013 at 04:43 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:48 PM   #910
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
For the future scenes you may just see Rogue hanging around the school or the training room with Iceman, Wolverine and Kitty. To show she's back as part of the X-men in the altered timeline.

Then you see Storm, Colossus etc in other scenes showing the same. They don't have to be in the same one. But I do think we'll see them all looking happier and probably at the school. It leaves the door open for them all to come back for a sequel because they're all X-men again.

I doubt the last we ever see of Rogue in after she brings Wolverine back in the unaltered future. It looks she is going to be a pivotal character. Whether she is missing for part of the plot.
To be honest I'm expecting singer to do something more daring by the end then have this be an easy cliche time travel story because obviously it seems like a story we all know how it will end, easy to predict

I have always said I think by the end something will happen and it will please some but not everyone and I still think that

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-23-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 04:56 PM   #911
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
To be honest I'm expecting singer to do something more daring by the end then have this be an easy cliche time travel story because obviously it seems like a story we all know how it will end, easy to predict

I have always said I think by the end something will happen and it will please some but not everyone and I still think that
He can't do anything daring. Unless he's going to swap one dark future for another then it has to be an improved timeline. It can't end any other way. They have to leave the door open for sequels.

Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM   #912
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
He can't do anything daring. Unless he's going to swap one dark future for another then it has to be an improved timeline. It can't end any other way. They have to leave the door open for sequels.
Well I think it will be more daring then ending with everyone at the school, all xmen, all a team, all ready for an Xmen 5

Tbh alot of this film so far has been unpredictable, I think there will be a surprise ending and I don't mean necessarily mean apocalypse

I think once we find out more about is film then our eyes will open to alot of unpredictable things singer has planned for this film

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-23-2013 at 05:16 PM.
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM   #913
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:

I doubt the last we ever see of Rogue is after she brings Wolverine back in the unaltered future. It looks she is going to be a pivotal character. Even if she is clearly missing for part of the plot.
This is true.

If you look at the endings to the OT, the final mansion scenes rarely had the entire cast together. If anything, to show life as normal, characters could be all over the place, doing different things, as you say.

I mean, Rogue's final scene in X3 was one-on-one with Iceman. And X1 was just her and Logan, wasn't it?

Old 07-23-2013, 05:57 PM   #914
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Yeah the last scene from x1 is with logan, and x2 is her as part as the team and x3 is with bobby saying she is cured...... I am trying to forget that scene... it never happend Rogue is not cured... I am holding on the alternate endig... I'm sorry Bobby this is me...

Yeah that is the strong Rogue I love.

But really... I am getting annoyed that no picture of Rogue still is not posted... I mean come on I have seen everyone except for me the most important one.

Old 07-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #915
Great Mind(s)
Broken

I made a fan edit of X3 restoring all the better versions of scenes...

Old 07-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #916
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

Can you send me a copy ?

Old 07-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #917
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

I really hope Paquin will get to play Rogue like she played Sookie Stackhouse in True Blood; I always thought Sookie was what Rogue was supposed to be: sexy, confident, and fiesty. Not that scared, unsure girl that she was forced to play from X-Men to X3.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 07-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #918
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Anna Paquin saying at comic-con that Rogue would be her favorite if she flies in the movie, is a hint to me that she won't fly.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-24-2013, 02:24 AM   #919
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
I made a fan edit of X3 restoring all the better versions of scenes...
could you send me one too?

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 07-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #920
PhoenixRogue
Side-Kick

okay this is what I need to know...

Did Rogue wear gloves in the trailer and is he a blonde with a white streak or a brunette ??

Old 07-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #921
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Ok the whole is she blonde thing is getting a little bit ridiculous. LOL

Just because she is blonde in real life doesn't mean they can't give her a Rogue wig, regardless of what some people might say.

Old 07-25-2013, 10:03 PM   #922
Roguefan
Side-Kick

^ well said. plus if she were blonde, it would be one of the first things mentioned by those who saw the comic con footage. The fact that no one has mentioned her hair probably means that it's the same as X2 and X3.

Old 07-26-2013, 02:35 AM   #923
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

She better get redeemed in X-DoFP, that's fo sho.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:46 PM   #924
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
^ well said. plus if she were blonde, it would be one of the first things mentioned by those who saw the comic con footage. The fact that no one has mentioned her hair probably means that it's the same as X2 and X3.
I guess you're right!

If people saw Rogue with blonde hair, that would probably be posted in an internet blog right away.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-26-2013, 09:17 PM   #925
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
appart from Anna and Taylor sharing screentime...

I think we are forgeting how cool would it be to see Hugh and Taylor sharing some moments again after all these years.

It would be interesting to see Remy reaction seeing Logan and how Logan wont remember him. It would bring an interesting dynamic, and something unseen with Logan on the team movies, imo.

And just to have some scenes where we could see Hugh, Taylor, Anna, Halle and James.... oh my god, that would be f***** epic to me!

what a hot cast, boys!
Hmm... I guess it's a cool mix, but I'm not convinced about Taylor Kitsch. I guess I kinda liked Fox's original idea of casting Sawyer from Lost (Josh Holloway), I think he's got Gambit's charm down, plus he's a fan favorite from that series. I actually used to compare a lot of the Lost characters to X-Men. For example, I always felt Sun could play Psylocke (There's multiple scenes in which she's shown just how cold and murderous she can be, mostly directed at Ben Linus), Jin as Sunfire, and also Juliet (the blonde, I feel would've been a better fit for Emma Frost) but then again, I really liked the show.

Closed Thread