The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 10:26 AM   #926
Slushy
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK!)

She's the one cast member I'm most surprised came back. I figured with her being set with True Blood, she wouldn't bother. Glad she returned though!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #927
Mars123
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slushy View Post
She's the one cast member I'm most surprised came back. I figured with her being set with True Blood, she wouldn't bother. Glad she returned though!
It is great that many of the actors are very faithful to the movies, lets hope it continues!

Old 07-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #928
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, its great to see that. It makes this franchise even better to me.

and yeah, lets hope it continues at least for one more movie, as their final goodbye, it that's Fox plan.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:14 PM   #929
shiveringmelody
The Dreaming Insomniac

Having both Anna and Ellen back as Rogue and Kitty definitely has my attention. All I want is Rogue to get in on the action. While I would love her to be able to fly, just fighting along side the group would be enough for me. As much as I hate X3, even Kitty got in on the action. So all I need is Rogue to do the same.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:15 PM   #930
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Flying and strength would be great...but I'd rather see her sassy and tough over anything. I know she can do it. She was a teen in the OT, now she's an adult. I want her personality to reflect that. Seeing her with Halle looking all sexy, reminds me of her and Storm as two adults in TAS.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:19 PM   #931
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick

If she says "sugah" then my life will be complete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
Old 07-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #932
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Hopefully we'll see her in X-Men 5 and X-Men 6 as a strong bad-ass Rogue,

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-27-2013, 10:39 PM   #933
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Hopefully we'll see her in X-Men 5 and X-Men 6 as a strong bad-ass Rogue,

Your ahead of yourself, again, padawan

Old 07-27-2013, 11:05 PM   #934
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well I'm like MCU and Sony, always ahead of time.

"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 07-28-2013, 02:26 AM   #935
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

If Ms. Paquin cared enough about Rogue and actually read up on her in the comic, why didn't she talk to them about expanding her role, or at least make her more visible during team battles like n X3 and not so timid? She an Oscar winner to, lets not forget.

The way Anna looks now, she can pull of Rogue's look with ease. Rogue was the most disappointing comic to film character of any in an X film.

Last edited by PoSeiDon; 07-28-2013 at 02:56 AM.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:39 AM   #936
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Hey let's not start a Paquin-Berry war here m'kay?

I think Paquin was excellently cast for the role. She just works with what she gets. She even said at Comic Con that she would like Rogue to fly and kick butt, just like the fanbase. See, unlike Berry, she does know about who her comic book character is. She even knows who Gambit is and would be down to have their story developed. Does Berry know who Black Panther is? Berry thinks Storm is asexual. I mean, after ten+ years you'd think she at least read Storm's wikipedia page...

Old 07-28-2013, 02:59 AM   #937
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
Hey let's not start a Paquin-Berry war here m'kay?

I didn't mention Halle. Don't assume what isn't there. I stand by what I typed. One thing I have heard since X-men came out back when I was in H.S with class mates and co workers, to this day, Rogue as one of the most disappointing characters on screen. These forums were bursting at the seams back in the day over the "horrible miscast" X-men had. But, I understand people work with what they are given.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:01 AM   #938
Mars123
Side-Kick

Regarding x3 paquin was bust filming margeret and currently massive with true blood, so she has been limited for other commitments but I feel has done her best given the amount of time she has given or had to squeeze in xmen.

I like to see the OT as her younger years and its only as a result of the cure will it open the gate way for a more strong sassy rogue!

Old 07-28-2013, 03:22 AM   #939
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoSeiDon View Post
If Ms. Paquin cared enough about Rogue and actually read up on her in the comic, why didn't she talk to them about expanding her role, or at least make her more visible during team battles like n X3 and not so timid? She an Oscar winner to, lets not forget.

The way Anna looks now, she can pull of Rogue's look with ease. Rogue was the most disappointing comic to film character of any in an X film.
You obviously don't know much about how movies work or about Anna. She doesn't get to write the scripts, very few actors get any real imput. And she has numerous times in the past said she wants Rogue more like the comics. The most recent at the SDCC panel. She's wanted it all along and been vocal about wanting it. It's not been her choice, so you're making a mistake by blaming her.

Look to the writers, producers and directors. Not Anna. As for her being disappointing that's a matter of opinion. She's my favourite character even in the movies. Sure I would kill to see her be more kickass, have Gambit around and for X3 not to have happened. But I still think her character offered stuff to the movies. She has been the emotional tie. Her journey more than any other character has made you feel what the struggle and hardships of being a mutant are.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:24 AM   #940
Roguefan
Side-Kick

Quote:

Quote:
I didn't mention Halle. Don't assume what isn't there. I stand by what I typed. One thing I have heard since X-men came out back when I was in H.S with class mates and co workers, to this day, Rogue as one of the most disappointing characters on screen. These forums were bursting at the seams back in the day over the "horrible miscast" X-men had. But, I understand people work with what they are given.
Okay, I'll pretend you didn't jump here after seeing my comments in the Storm thread. But I will say (again) that Paquin does read up on her character and she probably has voiced her opinion about Rogue to Fox. If Rogue disappoints, it's not her fault, because you know she's a good actress, regardless of how you felt a decade ago about her being cast.

Old 07-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #941
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguefan View Post
Okay, I'll pretend you didn't jump here after seeing my comments in the Storm thread. But I will say (again) that Paquin does read up on her character and she probably has voiced her opinion about Rogue to Fox. If Rogue disappoints, it's not her fault, because you know she's a good actress, regardless of how you felt a decade ago about her being cast.
I think fans who are still complaining about this after so many years just can't let it go. They give the same statements every time.

She has voiced her opinion. We heard her a couple of weeks ago directly telling Singer she wants Rogue to fly and she'd like a Gambit romance. She's said all these things loads of times. She has told the makers she wants to fight. They've ignored her. Though I have a feeling she is going to do something in DOFP or she wouldn't come back. She really didn't like X3.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:29 PM   #942
PoSeiDon
Side-Kick

O, OK. She is a pass, unlike some others.

understood.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #943
Great Mind(s)
Broken

She is a perfect Rogue now...after seeing her as Sookie. She is the ideal choice...they best do it right. I am almost positive everyone would come back for another.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:50 PM   #944
xDOFPx
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
She is a perfect Rogue now...after seeing her as Sookie. She is the ideal choice...they best do it right. I am almost positive everyone would come back for another.
Anna definitely would. She sounded really up for the idea at the SDCC panel. She is of an age were she can still do at least one more movie no problem.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:27 PM   #945
Melapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDOFPx View Post
Anna definitely would. She sounded really up for the idea at the SDCC panel. She is of an age were she can still do at least one more movie no problem.
One??? Because of her age??? Seriously??? Famke Janssen is 18 years her senior and is still playing Jean, and Halle Berry is 16 years her senior and keeps playing Storm. Do you know Anna has 31 and is in very good shape??? She can still play Rogue for many years. A decade easily

Old 07-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #946
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I was very happy to hear she'd be up for some Gambit/Rogue action. That and Rogue flying.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #947
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I was very happy to hear she'd be up for some Gambit/Rogue action. That and Rogue flying.
its obvious she would be up for that because it would mean more added to her character, but whether it happens or not is a different matter

Old 07-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #948
Roguefan
Side-Kick

I'm sorry y'all. Poseidon and Ms. Berry, and fans I apologize if I was offensive. I will keep my mouth zipped on Berry. She actually does an ok job as storm and the general audiences like her, so I'll stop bashing her.

How bout some Josh Holloway/Sawyer?
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 07-28-2013, 01:40 PM   #949
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Why FOX and/or Singer and Millar would not want to do that is beyond me. People have been wanting Gambit/Rogue since she was mispaired with Bobby. Altering the timeline may erase their entire relationship...

Josh Holloway was great as Sawyer but he'd be typecast... I'd rather have the guy from Origins. He wasn't bad. If he was directed/written right he could be great.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #950
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

if singer can think of a way to make it work without it being a cop out then he probably will, but singer doesn't come across as someone who will do something if he doesn't believe it will work

he pretty much has said that about most the projects he does, he said that with Jack the giant slayer and he has said it about DOFP

whether singer will find a way to get around gambits age (around something like 20 years after origins & another 10 years after X3) and throw away the iceman and rogue relationship out of existence who knows

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 07-28-2013 at 01:58 PM.
Closed Thread