The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #251
Spidey_62
Eeeeeeeeeeelectro

Default Re: Paul Giamatti IS Rhino

This is great news.

"So you don't like names, huh? Well that's too bad, Frog-Face. 'Cause to me you're nothing but a two-bit, no-account, second-rate, sewer-breath-baboon with a brain of a pigeon and the face of an eel!" ~ Spider-Man

DeviantArt. Art blog. Hype Art Thread. Twitter. Instagram. YouTube.

TIMESPACE.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #252
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidergeek232 View Post
I'm pretty sure that Rhino will be an opening villain. Like the movie opens up with Rhino causing havoc in the middle of a huge parking lot and then Spidey comes in and takes care of business.

I see then using R.H.I.N.O. (USM version of Rhino). Why? Because Paul fits Alex O'Hirn. A small, out of shape man in a humanoid rhino costume. No cross species. That's lazy. Spidey will be able to make fun of Alex.
Yes, I think the USM version is the way to go. Paul isn't exactly a "big" guy, let's be for real.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-28-2013, 10:19 PM   #253
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Fox said Electro considers Spider-Man a friend and an ally because he is so downtrodden in life. Maybe Rhino escapes, wreaks havoc, Spidey fights him and Electro helps out. The threat has been captured and all is well. Spidey is on his own again, but Electro wants the partnership to continue. It doesn't, he feels rejection and starts his own criminality. Who knows. Either way, this is a very interesting development.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 01-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #254
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Fox said Electro considers Spider-Man a friend and an ally because he is so downtrodden in life. Maybe Rhino escapes, wreaks havoc, Spidey fights him and Electro helps out. The threat has been captured and all is well. Spidey is on his own again, but Electro wants the partnership to continue. It doesn't, he feels rejection and starts his own criminality. Who knows. Either way, this is a very interesting development.
That could very well be the case, but in the end of schemes... I've said it once and I'll say it again, that would be VERY

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 10:27 PM   #255
hawkeye27
Side-Kick

I'm just glad that we are getting something different.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #256
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Oldies being made into fresh untouched film adaptations. It's a wise move.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 10:28 PM   #257
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
Agreed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Who View Post
That could very well be the case, but in the end of schemes... I've said it once and I'll say it again, that would be VERY

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Different scenarios. There, Riddler was making a device that he thought Bruce would like, but it was actually quite evil. Getting into people's heads, using brain waives, etc. Here, it sounds like Electro and Spider-Man actually team up and do something good, and later something happens that makes him flip. We'll see.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 01-28-2013, 10:29 PM   #258
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Oldies being made into fresh untouched film adaptations. It's a wise move.
I'm a huge fan of the comics, but I'm open to any changes in the movies as long as they are done well. Really, why does it matter if its not the same thing? Its supposed to be different.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #259
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Agreed.

Different scenarios. There, Riddler was making a device that he thought Bruce would like, but it was actually quite evil. Getting into people's heads, using brain waives, etc. Here, it sounds like Electro and Spider-Man actually team up and do something good, and later something happens that makes him flip. We'll see.
True. But with me, it seems like they're both social outcasts that crave the attention of being someone whom they want and crave to be. It's like having that creepy best friend that stocks you, perhaps; or that's the vibe I get when Foxx talks about it. Kind of like Buddy/Syndrome from the Incredibles. LOL

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 10:32 PM   #260
Picard Sisko

Even if it is similar to the Riddler in Batman Forever, that doesn't mean its going to be bad. That movie was a joke, though it had some few good ideas that were poorly executed.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #261
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
Even if it is similar to the Riddler in Batman Forever, that doesn't mean its going to be bad. That movie was a joke, though it had some few good ideas that were poorly executed.
I never said it was BAD. Well, Batman Forever was horrible, but I didn't feel that it's a bad thing on how his idea contains resemblance to Jim Carrey's Riddler.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 10:35 PM   #262
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

I really like Giamatti as an actor, but I can't be the only one who thinks that he'll be miscast as the brute and ferocious Rhino, can I? I don't want them to render Giamatti in CGI magic in order to make him appear imposing, and I think Giamatti could've been better as other Spidey villains, such as Mysterio.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #263
Picard Sisko

Quote:
I never said it was BAD. Well, Batman Forever was horrible, but I didn't feel that it's a bad thing on how his idea contains resemblance to Jim Carrey's Riddler.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I really like Giamatti as an actor, but I can't be the only one who thinks that he'll be miscast as the brute and ferocious Rhino, can I? I don't want them to render Giamatti in CGI magic in order to make him appear imposing, and I think Giamatti could've been better as other Spidey villains, such as Mysterio.
We still don't even know if this is happening for real or not. Its just in talks.

I think this just confirms that Rhino will be in the movie, and will probably be based off of the Ultimate version.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:37 PM   #264
Doctor Who
KIDNEYS!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I don't think it will be a miscast, because of the choice of performance; that I don't doubt. I'm just curious of the character development and purpose in the movie, and hope it isn't too small or a waste of time... like Gwen Stacey in SM3.

It's been brought up that he could possibly be Jameson... which would be incredible.

l

THE LEGEND ENDS

JULY 20TH 2012
Old 01-28-2013, 10:39 PM   #265
AF3619
WOOO!

is it confirmed he is playing Rhino?

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #266
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Wow, I love Paul Giamatti but this news really took me for a loop. Even if it's just a small role, the idea of him being a villain in a big CBM is just something that never occurred to me.

This film has an interesting, offbeat sort of cast.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 01-28-2013, 10:42 PM   #267
Picard Sisko

Quote:
I don't think it will be a miscast, because of the choice of performance; that I don't doubt. I'm just curious of the character development and purpose in the movie, and hope it isn't too small or a waste of time... like Gwen Stacey in SM3.

It's been brought up that he could possibly be Jameson... which would be incredible.
I think Paul would be a great Rhino. And I don't think he would be a waste of time, but we'll see.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:44 PM   #268
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Wow, I love Paul Giamatti but this news really took me for a loop. Even if it's just a small role, the idea of him being a villain in a big CBM is just something that never occurred to me.

I agree with it being interesting, though why offbeat? Dane DeHaan seems perfect for the role IMO, Jamie Foxx should be awesome as Electro, and Shaliene Woodley seems like a great MJ. Only casting that may seem offbeat would be Paul Giamatti.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:48 PM   #269
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Yeah, it's developing a fun, eclectic flavour. The casting in TASM was spot on, so I'm happy to let this play out.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 01-28-2013, 10:51 PM   #270
Picard Sisko

I think if anything, casting is the last thing we need to worry about. As AnneFan said, the casting in TASM was spot-on. It seems like people were worried about Andrew being cast as Peter at first because he resembled Robert Pattinson... yet he is considered very likable. Remember the complaints about Tom Hardy as Bane?

Old 01-28-2013, 11:10 PM   #271
chaseter
Bland User

This movie just keeps sounding worse and worse.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #272
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
This movie just keeps sounding worse and worse.
Rhino is going to be in it? Paul Giamatti might be cast as him? Man, this movie is going to suck.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #273
chaseter
Bland User

Who wants a 5 foot Rhino? If they go the Ultimate route and have him be in a giant mech suit then it's even worse. Nobody was shouting for Rhino to be in this movie............................................. ..

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:15 PM   #274
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Who wants a 5 foot Rhino? If they go the Ultimate route and have him be in a giant mech suit then it's even worse. Nobody was shouting for Rhino to be in this movie............................................. ..
A 5'9" actor sounds fine to me, and I see nothing wrong with the Ultimate version of the villain. If you don't like Rhino, then that's your personal taste.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:16 PM   #275
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
How is that worse than just a big guy in a Rhino Suit?

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread