The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: Episode VII

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2013, 03:15 PM   #51
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Also on a side not, it's not Star Wars without the force, so all this "the sith get a rest"...no. Going from the Emperor to some Mandalorians, that isn't a logical progression thats a bit anticlimactic (as cool as they are). Using the context of the prophecy of the chosen one from the prequels, it would make sense to perhaps show Leia as the antagonist of the new trilogy. Anakin was the chosen one, leaving behind a clean slate. He cleansed the galaxy of both the corrupted Jedi order and by destroying the sith.

He left behind two children, as the force is supposed to be balanced, it would make sense to say he had one dark and one light. Having Leia as the antagonist also justifies bringing Han back a little more. Although if she is brought back I hope she's recast. I don't wanna see carrie back on the big screen at all.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 03:20 PM   #52
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

I think the Empire should be mostly dead by now, and not part of any of the conflicts, it only existed for some 20 years, after another 20 years they shouldn't be a problem. Just like Nazis weren't a problem in the 60s

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 04:16 PM   #53
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I think the Empire should be mostly dead by now, and not part of any of the conflicts, it only existed for some 20 years, after another 20 years they shouldn't be a problem. Just like Nazis weren't a problem in the 60s
Neo Nazis were in all sorts of comic books and literature in the 50s and 60s though. It would make sense to say that there would be some people who sympathized with the Empire, the Republic, Criminals, etc.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 AM   #54
johnrain
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 285
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

How bout tha aliens from The Truce at Bakura?

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 AM   #55
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,402
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Neo Nazis were in all sorts of comic books and literature in the 50s and 60s though. It would make sense to say that there would be some people who sympathized with the Empire, the Republic, Criminals, etc.
I REALLY don't want the Empire/Separatists/Sith to be the villains. That story is over.

EDIT:
I want either a Dark Jedi joining with Mandalorians, where by the second film, he assumes control of the Mandalorian army and some of them start learning to use the force and weilding lightsabers but without the religious aspect. They see the Force as a weapon and nothing more. And the third one we get a the culmination of this. Settle the only possible threat remaining in the Galaxy in a full on war of armies of Force wielding Jedi vs Force wielding Mandalorians.

If not that, I'd like them to introduce an invading Galaxy. So the Galaxy of the I-VI is FINALLY united and the Force is in balance. Enter: An invading Galaxy (also unified) looking to expand into the SW Galaxy in a tyrannical fashion. They would either be Zealots (similar to the Covenant) or just 100% based on logic, science and facts. The SW Galaxy has had a nice balance of the two in the Republic and even the Empire. Let's see them go up a polar opinion. Also, this invading Galaxy should have some sort of technology/magic that seems like the Force at first, but it isn't. It's something that can go head to head with it though. It would be cool if in the second one, our main protagonist has been playing around with this new power, but he pretty much loses control of it. In the third one, he's been able to master it. So he's the first person to master both the Force and this other thing. Sort of follows the same idea as the OT with the main character being introduced to this mystical Force he must learn to master, and the grand scale war backdrop of the PT - but minus the political subplot. With this, you could EASILY go with the Villain routine of the OT. Want some sort of emotional connection? The "Lord" "kills" Luke in the first one and the love interest to the main character at the end of the second one (similar to Han's carbonate freezing... only this isn't just a friend to the main character... and she would actually die).

If they go with the invading Galaxy thing, I'd like it if they got a SECOND Art Director and Production Designer to helm the other Galaxy. Weapons, armour, ships, clothing, hair, aliens... it should all be COMPLETELY different than the SW universe but something that could serve as nice complimentary for power struggle.

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am

Last edited by Asteroid-Man; 03-01-2013 at 04:32 AM.
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 01:39 PM   #56
Destructus86
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 4,541
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
I think the Empire should be mostly dead by now, and not part of any of the conflicts, it only existed for some 20 years, after another 20 years they shouldn't be a problem. Just like Nazis weren't a problem in the 60s
The problem is...is that the Empire spanned hundreds of worlds. Each world under the direct control of the Moff's. In essence...each planet was ruled by a "mini-Empire". So even with the central Empire destroyed, there would still be hundreds of planets being ruled by Imperials.

So, I think what we'll be seeing in the new films is a lot of Imperial Remnants. Obviously they would still be using the Storm Troopers they were left with.

__________________
Ephesians 4:2
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love.
Destructus86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:16 PM   #57
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
I REALLY don't want the Empire/Separatists/Sith to be the villains. That story is over.

EDIT:
I want either a Dark Jedi joining with Mandalorians, where by the second film, he assumes control of the Mandalorian army and some of them start learning to use the force and weilding lightsabers but without the religious aspect. They see the Force as a weapon and nothing more. And the third one we get a the culmination of this. Settle the only possible threat remaining in the Galaxy in a full on war of armies of Force wielding Jedi vs Force wielding Mandalorians.

If not that, I'd like them to introduce an invading Galaxy. So the Galaxy of the I-VI is FINALLY united and the Force is in balance. Enter: An invading Galaxy (also unified) looking to expand into the SW Galaxy in a tyrannical fashion. They would either be Zealots (similar to the Covenant) or just 100% based on logic, science and facts. The SW Galaxy has had a nice balance of the two in the Republic and even the Empire. Let's see them go up a polar opinion. Also, this invading Galaxy should have some sort of technology/magic that seems like the Force at first, but it isn't. It's something that can go head to head with it though. It would be cool if in the second one, our main protagonist has been playing around with this new power, but he pretty much loses control of it. In the third one, he's been able to master it. So he's the first person to master both the Force and this other thing. Sort of follows the same idea as the OT with the main character being introduced to this mystical Force he must learn to master, and the grand scale war backdrop of the PT - but minus the political subplot. With this, you could EASILY go with the Villain routine of the OT. Want some sort of emotional connection? The "Lord" "kills" Luke in the first one and the love interest to the main character at the end of the second one (similar to Han's carbonate freezing... only this isn't just a friend to the main character... and she would actually die).

If they go with the invading Galaxy thing, I'd like it if they got a SECOND Art Director and Production Designer to helm the other Galaxy. Weapons, armour, ships, clothing, hair, aliens... it should all be COMPLETELY different than the SW universe but something that could serve as nice complimentary for power struggle.
Thats completely anti-climactic. Choosing a villain because they are "cool" is a very poor way to go about writing a story. The Mandalorians had no place in the old films and bringing them in because Boba Fett looked cool is a bad idea. Dark Jedi are crappy versions of Sith the EU created to meet Lucas' restrictions. They need to have a logical conclusion to the Jedis corruption, purification, and rebirth arc.

The prequels were written in the context of the audience having seen the original trilogy. The sequels then need to be written in the context that the audience has just seen the prequels and should build upon ideas presented in those films while logically adding on to classic ones.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #58
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Also on a side not, it's not Star Wars without the force, so all this "the sith get a rest"...no. Going from the Emperor to some Mandalorians, that isn't a logical progression thats a bit anticlimactic (as cool as they are). Using the context of the prophecy of the chosen one from the prequels, it would make sense to perhaps show Leia as the antagonist of the new trilogy. Anakin was the chosen one, leaving behind a clean slate. He cleansed the galaxy of both the corrupted Jedi order and by destroying the sith.

He left behind two children, as the force is supposed to be balanced, it would make sense to say he had one dark and one light. Having Leia as the antagonist also justifies bringing Han back a little more. Although if she is brought back I hope she's recast. I don't wanna see carrie back on the big screen at all.
Making Leia an antagonist is a bad move IMO. It undermines the OT and her character.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:36 AM   #59
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,402
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Thats completely anti-climactic. Choosing a villain because they are "cool" is a very poor way to go about writing a story. The Mandalorians had no place in the old films and bringing them in because Boba Fett looked cool is a bad idea. Dark Jedi are crappy versions of Sith the EU created to meet Lucas' restrictions. They need to have a logical conclusion to the Jedis corruption, purification, and rebirth arc.

The prequels were written in the context of the audience having seen the original trilogy. The sequels then need to be written in the context that the audience has just seen the prequels and should build upon ideas presented in those films while logically adding on to classic ones.
First off, it's not anti-climactic as I didn't even mention the climax. And it's not because it's "cool" - no idea why you assumed as much. I mentioned it because of the history and story behind the characters and the symbolism it might represent in the battle of Dogma Vs Heresy. But apparently that went way over your head. And calling the Dark Jedi a crappy version of the Sith is like calling Protestans rippoff of Judaism because they disagree with Catholicism.

I was merely stating that IF they wanted to go with a threat that's is already grounded in the SW lore, that's probably their best bet. And if you continued to read on instead of just reading the first line, misunderstanding it and overreacting, you'd have seen that my IDEAL choice of a storyline is the second one I posted which would be something COMPLETELY new and refreshing.

Not setting a very good reputation for yourself so far, BenKenobi.

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:40 AM   #60
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,402
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
it would make sense to perhaps show Leia as the antagonist of the new trilogy.
No, it wouldn't because Anakin brought balance to the force. Thus the split branches of Jedi in the EU, or my proposal of something new and opposing to the Force entirely.

Quote:
Although if she is brought back I hope she's recast. I don't wanna see carrie back on the big screen at all.
Why a recast? She wants back, so does Mark, and Ford has already been "enrolled" (or so LR is reporting), so to not have her back would be a damn shame. Carrie's a good actress too. Why wouldn't you want her back? (I'm genuinely curious as to the reason. That wasn't rhetorical.)

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 03:26 AM   #61
Octoberist
point blank
 
Octoberist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California
Posts: 38,372
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Wait why would Leia would be the antagonist?

__________________
PAUL RUDD IS IMMORTAL!
Octoberist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #62
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
First off, it's not anti-climactic as I didn't even mention the climax. And it's not because it's "cool" - no idea why you assumed as much.
Where were the Mandalores then in Episodes I-VI. They're a race that was cool in the EU thats why everyone is talking about them. Also yes, the Prequels were Act I, the originals were Act II, and the sequels will be Act III yes it would be anti climactic to go from the Emperor to the Mandalors and a Dark Jedi in that sense.

Quote:
I mentioned it because of the history and story behind the characters and the symbolism it might represent in the battle of Dogma Vs Heresy. But apparently that went way over your head. And calling the Dark Jedi a crappy version of the Sith is like calling Protestans rippoff of Judaism because they disagree with Catholicism.
Dark Jedi are pretty much just Sith that don't have all of the extra powers. They are Jedi who turned to the Dark Side but can't be called sith because of the Rule of Two and the conflicts with the film continuity. It's a false analogy to compare them to Protestants and Jews.

Quote:
I was merely stating that IF they wanted to go with a threat that's is already grounded in the SW lore, that's probably their best bet. And if you continued to read on instead of just reading the first line, misunderstanding it and overreacting, you'd have seen that my IDEAL choice of a storyline is the second one I posted which would be something COMPLETELY new and refreshing.
Okay if thats what you were trying to say then I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
Why a recast? She wants back, so does Mark, and Ford has already been "enrolled" (or so LR is reporting), so to not have her back would be a damn shame. Carrie's a good actress too. Why wouldn't you want her back? (I'm genuinely curious as to the reason. That wasn't rhetorical.)
I really don't wanna see any of them back, theres just something depressing about seeing your childhood heroes as old men and women. I mean Lukes gotten fat, Carries a bit eccentric, maybe Harrisons okay, but aside from him I think a recast would be better.[/QUOTE]

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #63
Asteroid-Man
Ham Sammiches
 
Asteroid-Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 17,402
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Where were the Mandalores then in Episodes I-VI. They're a race that was cool in the EU thats why everyone is talking about them. Also yes, the Prequels were Act I, the originals were Act II, and the sequels will be Act III yes it would be anti climactic to go from the Emperor to the Mandalors and a Dark Jedi in that sense.



Dark Jedi are pretty much just Sith that don't have all of the extra powers. They are Jedi who turned to the Dark Side but can't be called sith because of the Rule of Two and the conflicts with the film continuity. It's a false analogy to compare them to Protestants and Jews.



Okay if thats what you were trying to say then I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you.




I really don't wanna see any of them back, theres just something depressing about seeing your childhood heroes as old men and women. I mean Lukes gotten fat, Carries a bit eccentric, maybe Harrisons okay, but aside from him I think a recast would be better.
I think you really have no idea what Dark Jedi are. They're a faction of Jedi that believe in using the Dark Side to reach their ends. They form their own council and their own order. I think it's a very fair comparison. The Sith and the Jedi are two opposing "religions" (if you will), while Dark Jedi are a branch from the Jedi. I think if you had a better understanding of what the Dark Jedi were, you'd understand that the films could be done in a very deep manner, exploring concepts not yet explored by the first two trilogies. And the Mandalorians are in the CW and that's not EU. CW is canon - and they are awesome in it.

Did you even end up reading the SECOND storyline I had in mind? The one with the invaders?

And that's personally why I really want them. I feel it humanises the characters. But I can understand your point.

__________________
Basi ranj bordam dar in saale si,
Ajam zende kardam bedin Parsi;
Namiram az in pas keh man zende'am,
Ke tokhme sokhan ra parakandeam.
Posting Since 09/24/05 10:30 am
Asteroid-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #64
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asteroid-Man View Post
I think you really have no idea what Dark Jedi are. They're a faction of Jedi that believe in using the Dark Side to reach their ends. They form their own council and their own order. I think it's a very fair comparison. The Sith and the Jedi are two opposing "religions" (if you will), while Dark Jedi are a branch from the Jedi. I think if you had a better understanding of what the Dark Jedi were, you'd understand that the films could be done in a very deep manner, exploring concepts not yet explored by the first two trilogies. And the Mandalorians are in the CW and that's not EU. CW is canon - and they are awesome in it.
The Clone Wars still aren't the films, and they shouldn't build on TV references. Pre Vizsula's cool and the Mandalorians are a good, but I mean they're not the only cool entity in Star Wars. We already got an army of Boba Fetts in the prequels I don't think we need another one.

Anyway you bring up the Clone Wars which I think demonstrates pretty well what I mean by Dark Jedi being a bit of a step down from the Sith. Notice how much more menacing say Darth Maul is than Savage Oppress and Assaj Ventress. Even in the rest of the EU, the Dark Jedi I am familiar with are like Xanatos, Sora Bulq, Dessan, Garrek, etc.

They're always decent villains but they're never able to live up to the villains from the films. The way I interpret Anakin bringing balance to the force is that Anakin simply leveled the field. It's kind of biblical, Anakin purified the flawed Jedi order (who even in the original trilogy encouraged Luke to kill Vader) by wiping them out, then by doing the same force the Sith Lords by killing himself and the Emperor. He didn't destroy the Sith he destroyed everything.

My idea is that the galaxy is a bit of a no mans land, the Empire is trying to regroup, the Rebellion is trying to reform the Republic, and Crime Lords have taken claim of neutral space. Luke has tried to rebuild the order but it has failed because he is trying to literally rebuild it rather than reinvent it. One of Lukes old Students has been working to discover old secrets of the Sith (maybe Darth Plagueis) and wants to reestablish the Empire.

A new group of characters comes. Most of them end up with Leia, Han, and Chewie trying to fix the Republic, but one of them finds Luke and ends up helping him accept that it is not his destiny to rebuild the order and he must pass the mantle. Maybe the kids a bad seed and works for the crime families and has learns of the dangers of the Dark Side from Anakins ghost, and gets council from the spirit of Luke becoming the Obi-Wan type figure.

Quote:
Did you even end up reading the SECOND storyline I had in mind? The one with the invaders?
I did and I see where you're coming from, but I just don't see the personal conflict with the Yuuzan Vong. Like in the bigger picture of the Rise of the Empire there was Obi-Wan losing his student and friend, in the bigger picture of the Rebllions struggle there was Luke and his father, I don't see how that could work. Not to mention Star Wars is usually more praised the closer it is to a more timeless story (good evil, wizards, knights) that doesn't need to all the sci-fi space elements. It's one of the major things that separates Star Wars from Star Trek, it's a fantasy with Sci-Fi elements, not Sci-Fi with fantasy elements.

Quote:
And that's personally why I really want them. I feel it humanises the characters. But I can understand your point.
I see what you're saying and I partially agree. Seeing say Ewan go to Alec or young to old Harrison Ford is okay, but imagine we see Luke looking like Mark Hamil today. It wouldn't be like "Oh Luke the years haven't been kind" it'd be like "Oh Luke...you really gotta hit the gym man". I mentioned "Jedi Master Physique" on another thread, and I think the best analogy for seeing Hamil as Luke today would be seeing an obese Police Officer thats just gotten lazy and sat around eating donuts. Besides with all of the people making fun of Yoda bouncing around, imagine how many people will be making fun of tubby Luke doing flips and what not. He needs a trainer, a diet, or a new actor.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:37 PM   #65
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
They're always decent villains but they're never able to live up to the villains from the films. The way I interpret Anakin bringing balance to the force is that Anakin simply leveled the field. It's kind of biblical, Anakin purified the flawed Jedi order (who even in the original trilogy encouraged Luke to kill Vader) by wiping them out, then by doing the same force the Sith Lords by killing himself and the Emperor. He didn't destroy the Sith he destroyed everything.

My idea is that the galaxy is a bit of a no mans land, the Empire is trying to regroup, the Rebellion is trying to reform the Republic, and Crime Lords have taken claim of neutral space. Luke has tried to rebuild the order but it has failed because he is trying to literally rebuild it rather than reinvent it. One of Lukes old Students has been working to discover old secrets of the Sith (maybe Darth Plagueis) and wants to reestablish the Empire.
But that's my point as to why you can't just reintroduce the sith. They have to be slowly rebuilt. This trilogy should focus on Luke rebuilding the jedi and the republic, while someone discovers the secrets of the Sith, making it a mystery to us until episode IX. Then with the revealing that this person has rebuilt the sith (a la Palpatine), at the end of this trilogy, disney can go into the next trilogy with the sith back and with its own new characters rather then the old ones from the first two trilogies. Thats how I would do it.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #66
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
But that's my point as to why you can't just reintroduce the sith. They have to be slowly rebuilt. This trilogy should focus on Luke rebuilding the jedi and the republic, while someone discovers the secrets of the Sith, making it a mystery to us until episode IX. Then with the revealing that this person has rebuilt the sith (a la Palpatine), at the end of this trilogy, disney can go into the next trilogy with the sith back and with its own new characters rather then the old ones from the first two trilogies. Thats how I would do it.
I agree, but I'd rather this be it and if they do more Star Wars to focus on say the old republic, spin off films, etc. We don't need this endless cycle. However I'm hoping it's not all in the shadows like it was in the prequels part of what made Vader, Tarkin, and the Empire so intimidating was that we got to see exactly how evil they were. I had an idea, maybe an imperial officer, whos been studying the dark side and the force on his own but isn't very proficient. He wears a lightsaber around his belt and is searching for a tomb or holocron to Darth Plagueise. Ultimately at the end of Episode VIII he reawakens him and our hero must stop the Dark Lord from returning with his new Jedi he has organized in his journey. Then by the end of the trilogy, the Dark Side has been defeated, the Jedi have finally come back to power, and the galaxy can live happily ever after.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:58 PM   #67
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
I agree, but I'd rather this be it and if they do more Star Wars to focus on say the old republic, spin off films, etc. We don't need this endless cycle. However I'm hoping it's not all in the shadows like it was in the prequels part of what made Vader, Tarkin, and the Empire so intimidating was that we got to see exactly how evil they were. I had an idea, maybe an imperial officer, whos been studying the dark side and the force on his own but isn't very proficient. He wears a lightsaber around his belt and is searching for a tomb or holocron to Darth Plagueise. Ultimately at the end of Episode VIII he reawakens him and our hero must stop the Dark Lord from returning with his new Jedi he has organized in his journey. Then by the end of the trilogy, the Dark Side has been defeated, the Jedi have finally come back to power, and the galaxy can live happily ever after.
I don't see why they have to end the numeric episodes. And i don't see disney ending them either, not if they make money. So from my perspective i think they should take their time with this. This trilogy can be about the jedi taking over, and the sith being rebuilt, something that hasn't been done before. Then with them back into the fold in the 'second' sequel trilogy.

In this time they can also do various spin off films perhaps even trilogies focusing on one character. They can also do the KOTOR trilogy which like myself alot of people are clamoring for.

Then while after the second sequel trilogy is complete (post-lucas death). They can take this wherever they want. The universe it way too big. The sith story line will be over and they can focus on something else; some other evil.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 08:48 AM   #68
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
I don't see why they have to end the numeric episodes. And i don't see disney ending them either, not if they make money. So from my perspective i think they should take their time with this. This trilogy can be about the jedi taking over, and the sith being rebuilt, something that hasn't been done before. Then with them back into the fold in the 'second' sequel trilogy.
You're right about that, disney makes stupid sequels like Pirates 4 and Peter Pan 2, so I don't see them ending either. Still I think they should treat each trilogy like it's the last and not plan too much for future films. It's a pretty basic rule of thumb that planning too far ahead usually ends up in disaster. It really limits the creative and makes them forcefully withhold little things that usually end up making the movie feel like it's missing something. Not to mention these things take over a year usually after the writing process to complete production. Pop culture, current events, personal troubles, everything can change and bring forth new more often than not better inspiration (Darth Vader being Lukes father for example) which can't be used if the creative team planned too much out too early in the game.

Two good examples of what I'm talking about are The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight. The Amazing Spider-Man spent so much time laying the ground work and hinting to never resolved plot points that it really ended up feeling like a two hour long commercial for the sequel. They even ended up getting screwed by their planning having to edit out big scenes in the film because they "didn't line up with the plans for AMS 2". The Dark Knight on the other hand started out with Nolan saying that the film would end with Jokers arrest, and Harvey would get scared in the sequel durring his trial and become Two-Face. Instead he combined both these ideas and put them into his single story to deliver a more powerful intricate film with a harder hitting message.

Imo if they make this trilogy with plans in the works for X-XII it will only lead to disaster. It even screwed Lucas last time he tried to plan too far ahead (Luke's sister wasn't supposed to be revealed until Episode VII and it wasn't Leia, she was the one that ultimately defeats the Emperor. After Lucas decided against the sequel trilogy he was stuck with the "Other" plot point he'd set up.)

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #69
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
You're right about that, disney makes stupid sequels like Pirates 4 and Peter Pan 2, so I don't see them ending either. Still I think they should treat each trilogy like it's the last and not plan too much for future films. It's a pretty basic rule of thumb that planning too far ahead usually ends up in disaster. It really limits the creative and makes them forcefully withhold little things that usually end up making the movie feel like it's missing something. Not to mention these things take over a year usually after the writing process to complete production. Pop culture, current events, personal troubles, everything can change and bring forth new more often than not better inspiration (Darth Vader being Lukes father for example) which can't be used if the creative team planned too much out too early in the game.

Two good examples of what I'm talking about are The Amazing Spider-Man and The Dark Knight. The Amazing Spider-Man spent so much time laying the ground work and hinting to never resolved plot points that it really ended up feeling like a two hour long commercial for the sequel. They even ended up getting screwed by their planning having to edit out big scenes in the film because they "didn't line up with the plans for AMS 2". The Dark Knight on the other hand started out with Nolan saying that the film would end with Jokers arrest, and Harvey would get scared in the sequel durring his trial and become Two-Face. Instead he combined both these ideas and put them into his single story to deliver a more powerful intricate film with a harder hitting message.

Imo if they make this trilogy with plans in the works for X-XII it will only lead to disaster. It even screwed Lucas last time he tried to plan too far ahead (Luke's sister wasn't supposed to be revealed until Episode VII and it wasn't Leia, she was the one that ultimately defeats the Emperor. After Lucas decided against the sequel trilogy he was stuck with the "Other" plot point he'd set up.)
I think you are reading too much into it. All they have to do is have one character in the current trilogy who is revealed at the end of episode IX to be the new sith master. Leading in to the new trilogy. They don't have to show him or her really doing much of anything. They can easily focus on the rebuilding of the republic and dismantling of the empire. In fact this makes the most sense if indeed they want to use a young protagonist that can be in both trilogies.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:02 PM   #70
Lord
All Mighty
 
Lord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 12,813
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
Obi-Wan and Anakin? Whatever happens the story of the Sequels needs to build itself as an unrealized climax to both the prequels and the original trilogy. The stakes need to be high from Episode VII all the way through IX.
Not something like that at all, i was more thinking of the villain being at ods from the very begining but only being a true villain in the last film, think about something more like Magneto in X-2, that's the king of help he should provide the heroes in the first 2 films, i think he should be related, like a brother or even have a Jedi bloodline.

While the main hero of the trilogy wants to train to become a Jedi the villain trains to become more powerful and while the hero meets different people and finds in them allies, the villain manipulates those around him. While he would be around the hero's level in the first film he would have a goal in mind from the very begining.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:36 AM   #71
3X0dus
Newbie First Class
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 28
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

We've already got a hidden/secret villain/Sith. We've already got a hero-turned villain. Invaders have been done in the form of the Trade Federation and in the EU ala The Vong (even in the video games w/ Sith), but I would suggest a straight-forward Sith with an old-school mentality pre-dating the "Thought Bomb" that left Darth Bane as the only Sith.

Do an invasion, something similar to the Vong. This Sith legion comes from out of nowhere, having built an army and conquored all over the fringes of the known galaxy. Now they look to return, and do what the previous Sith regime could not, using...

1) Strength in numbers, by this I mean several Sith - apprentices, knights, and masters

2) Their own army, not an army of droids built by associated factions or an army grown from test tubes

This army would need a leader. I'm thinking a character that is a combination of Lord Marshall from Chronicles of Riddick and M. Bison. A booming, commanding voice. An excellent fighter. A direct decendent of old regime Sith that fled the galaxy to preserve themselves and fight back against the Jedi another day. When tales of the rise and fall of Darth Sidious and the Empire reached this group, they figured their time had come - to invade during the transitional rebuilding phase, and hopefully make for a swift, vengeful takeover.

This doesn't mean there can't be Mandalorians. Hell ,maybe they could be something like a tweener group that fights both heroes and villains, has their own interests, and doesn't exactly choose a side until the conclusion of the trilogy.

3X0dus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:05 AM   #72
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

One of the things that made the Jedi so much cooler in the originals is that we didn't see a bunch of them running around, so I really don't want to see an army of Sith. I kind of like Lords idea. Maybe have a guy who thinks he's a hero who's left Luke and inspired a following of his students searching for Power. Perhaps, Palpatine can come back in the final film, having been hinted to know how to cheat death. This needs to be more of a subplot within the primary story however, which I'm hoping is about the struggle between the various factions in the Galaxy (The weak remains of the Empire trying to get their footing back, the new Republic trying to establish themselves, and the crime lords who've been the only consistent power throughout the saga.)

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 09:46 AM   #73
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 200
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenKenobi View Post
One of the things that made the Jedi so much cooler in the originals is that we didn't see a bunch of them running around, so I really don't want to see an army of Sith. I kind of like Lords idea. Maybe have a guy who thinks he's a hero who's left Luke and inspired a following of his students searching for Power. Perhaps, Palpatine can come back in the final film, having been hinted to know how to cheat death. This needs to be more of a subplot within the primary story however, which I'm hoping is about the struggle between the various factions in the Galaxy (The weak remains of the Empire trying to get their footing back, the new Republic trying to establish themselves, and the crime lords who've been the only consistent power throughout the saga.)
I never thought of the cheating death idea. That could really work if written correctly.

KillerCarlson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #74
BenKenobi
Banned User
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 362
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
I never thought of the cheating death idea. That could really work if written correctly.
I think it could since Vader "Balanced the force" by leaving none of the old Jedi or Sith left around. It should a struggle to see if the dark or light is given the chance to return.

BenKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:31 PM   #75
Solouk
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 89
Default Re: Trilogy Villain or One by One?

Just forget Vader and Palpatine. They're gone. Dead. Finito. Been reading some preposterous stuff about Palpatines clone, and Luke and Vaders clone lately and it's just head bangingly rubbish ****e! The Clone troopers was a massive faux pas IMO. Clones should have been the enemy in the prequels from the OUTSET. An army of the Republic should've been made up of conscripts to battle the clones. I'm not implying the Sith shouldn't exist in some form, but make it fresh and original. And no bloody clones of anything or anyone. Move on.

Solouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.