The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 AM   #251
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Is it bad that I'm considering buying 1 or 2 of these toys?!
NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rust View Post
I wonder if Superman will ever put on one of those.
I was wondering the same thing... Could be cool... maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I knew what the purpose of the chainmail was for months now...if this photo of Jor-El is just now making people understand then that's sad
Yeah me too. Ever since the first photo of Crowe in full costume taking a cigarette break.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #252
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
I knew what the purpose of the chainmail was for months now...if this photo of Jor-El is just now making people understand then that's sad
Congratulations!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #253
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
2015 is a pipe dream? There have been sources indicating that will be the release date. No reliable sources have said it would be released in 2016. That date seems like more of a pipe dream than 2015 does at this point.
Never said it was a "pipe dream" I said it is a fool hardy decision by the higher ups and for several reasons.

The worst part of it is that they clearly want "in" on this marvel action/success. What they fail to realize is that to replicate that sort of success you need to build. For example how much money would avengers have made if it came out in 2007 before the MCU. Moreover how much would it have made had it come out before the MCU and in the same summer as both a new hit star wars and the equivalent to avengers 2. It would be seen as the knock off to the a-list product of the same year and genre.

All I'm saying is that so many problems could be fixed if they just shoot for 2016.

Apparently they are waiting for the returns to MoS before making a decision on JL? Riiiiiiight. So that means how many months after Superman in june of 2013 before they green light a project as big as JL. I assume they won't be looking at the world wide totals or even domestic and toy sale totals. They will be judging by the initial 2 weeks plus opening. Surely we all know this isn't where MoS isn't going to be doing it's most impressive numbers.

It's just kinda wrong to me.
2016 makes a lot more sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post

One thing I hope WB does with Batman is make him into more of an Arkham Asylum badass, and not so much of a freestyle punching (constantly getting his azz kicked) whimp as Nolan portrayed him. I also LOVE the Asylum costume, hope they move in more of a comic direction with Batman as far as attitude and look come JL.
Now that Nolan's gone that's a possibility(had to be said).
Further more, go look at what Snyder did with Rorschach. We might finally get something of that nature, especially if he directs JL.
(determined and unyielding detective with a world of on screen coordination and a voice that hits the right notes, not liked by the team...etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
YES! I wish Marvel would get that. A good Hulk movie would wipe the floor with all the other heroes' solo flicks. They just don't know what to do with the Hulk. Joss does.
I love how Feige loved to claim that, when really it was a simple matter of giving writing/directing duties to someone that could easily write a solid hulk run. Marvel was dead to me before Whedon, now, not so much.

What's funny is that WB canned Whedon's Wonder Woman. Given the current situation on both ends(Marvel/DC), I'd say that was a bad move.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:32 AM   #254
Marvin
Side-Kick

Also, some people have been speculating as to what really sold that Avengers superbowl spot.

For my two cents it was that it looked like the first movie post Michael Bay that looked as big and the TF stuff but with superheroes. Moreover it was the simple promise that heroes we somewhat/very much are interested in would be standing around in the same movie.

If you took Darth Vader/Luke and had them standing next to Captain Kirk/Spock and Dainel Craig in a tuxedo, you would yield a similar result. But of course WB wants to make the JLA film before the GA is invested in the bulk of the team.
Let's face it at this point, the audience is invested in Wonder Woman and Flash and even GL about as much as they were invested in Hawkeye and Black Widow.

...it took marvel that long to get any of these heroes to have a fight scene in a big lit city...
no wonder Spiderman 2 is still so respected on the action front.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #255
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Superman ripped apart a motorcycle in a MoS lego set?
No

Quote:
You might not want to take it as confirmation, but I will. It seems on-point imo. I guess you'll be surprised when you see that crimson heat vision.
Surprised? No. Happy? YOU BET!

Old 01-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #256
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Never said it was a "pipe dream" I said it is a fool hardy decision by the higher ups and for several reasons.
Actually, you did. Here's your quote.

Quote:
There is no way WB could lose if they simply release JL in 2016. They avoid the steep and similar competition, and end up with arguably the highest profile release that year(barring Avatar sequel). I mean there is no way avengers 2 is not going to out do it more over they got an Abrams helmed Star Wars(sure thing if I've ever seen it). Just chill with this 2015 pipe dream.

All they need for 2015 is a solid showing from one of their line up, preferably superman in the summer and possibly one other in a different quarter.

simple stuff.
I still stand by what I said.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #257
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
No

Surprised? No. Happy? YOU BET!
I don't see why Superman wouldn't rip apart a motorcycle in the movie, but you could be right.

And I thought you were against the visible heat vision, which is why I said that. Nevermind!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #258
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I'll take that cookie thank you! ;-)

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #259
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
That's why the suit is completely covered in chain-mail. It's an undersuit for the Kryptonian armor.
After all the sense making Goyer did in Blade(1-2) and then in the Batman films(see begins script). I'm not surprised by this interesting revelation.
Though I'm sure many will think it a mark of Nolans brains(which it may just be).

Old 01-30-2013, 09:38 AM   #260
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I'll take that cookie thank you! ;-)
Oh, you!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:39 AM   #261
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
I don't see why Superman wouldn't rip apart a motorcycle in the movie, but you could be right.

And I thought you were against the visible heat vision, which is why I said that. Nevermind!
Against it? Dude, I'll walk out if it's not present! I was just worried that with the approach MOS is taking and with the naturalistic cinematography that Snyder went for that they might have abandoned the heat vision because they think it's too cartoonish or whatever or that it might not look that good. Probably just paranoia but I think it's a justified one anyway.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:40 AM   #262
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Actually, you did. Here's your quote.

I still stand by what I said.
I stand corrected
I meant "dumb direction"

Weather sources report it to be true or not was not my argument, rather that it was a bad decision. Weather it be true or not, I can't see anyone wanting it to happen.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:42 AM   #263
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
I stand corrected
I meant "dumb direction"

Weather sources report it to be true or not was not my argument, rather that it was a bad decision. Weather it be true or not, I can't see anyone wanting it to happen.
Wanting what to happen, JL in 2015?

Quote:
Against it? Dude, I'll walk out if it's not present! I was just worried that with the approach MOS is taking and with the naturalistic cinematography that Snyder went for that they might have abandoned the heat vision because they think it's too cartoonish or whatever or that it might not look that good. Probably just paranoia but I think it's a justified one anyway.
It is justified and very understandable. I just couldn't imagine someone like Snyder dropping it! In any case, I can't wait to see it in the movie(or a trailer!).

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:45 AM   #264
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Oh, you!
you give a mouse a cookie....

Old 01-30-2013, 09:46 AM   #265
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
you give a mouse a cookie....
And he'll spit it out, asking,"Where the f**k is the cheese?!".

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #266
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

It is justified and very understandable. I just couldn't imagine someone like Snyder dropping it! In any case, I can't wait to see it in the movie(or a trailer!).
Having a scene in the trailer with Superman struggling against whoever he's fighting and just when it seems he's getting overpowered his eyes light up and he heat visions the bastard into the sky would be...well, Super, man! It would also go a LOOOONG way in helping to sell the film to the Transformers/Avengers crowd. I thought they should have showed that in the Super Bowl but alas it wont happen.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:54 AM   #267
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Having a scene in the trailer with Superman struggling against whoever he's fighting and just when it seems he's getting overpowered his eyes light up and he heat visions the bastard into the sky would be...well, Super, man! It would also go a LOOOONG way in helping to sell the film to the Transformers/Avengers crowd. I thought they should have showed that in the Super Bowl but alas it wont happen.
OMG... Into the sky?! I don't care how overused the word is here, that would be epic.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #268
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Tried zooming it since I can't find another source for that Supes MM figure.

Last edited by Kane52630; 01-30-2013 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:57 AM   #269
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Just a very nice, very BIG heat vision blast would be cool...

Old 01-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #270
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Interesting article:

New Head of WB and DC Movies

Quote:
Things were blurry through there in Burbank. All because the headquarters of WB was being prepared CEO succession of Warner Entertainment Barry Meyer. From what was said, three people vying for the position: the president of Warner Television , Bruce Rosenblun, the president of Warner Pictures , Jeff Robinov, and the dark horse of the race, Kevin Tsujihara, president of Warner Home Entertainment . Guess who won? The underdog.
A Time Warner announced that Kevin Tsujihara is the new CEO of Warner Entertainment, starting work on 1st March. What it changes for us, we want to see more productions from Warner and DC? LOTS thing. It can even influence some Justice League ...
Due to the dispute between presidents and not knowing what to expect in the future, the divisions of Warner were not making agreements and plans of medium and long term. This would be one of the reasons there were, until now, few projects of cohesive blockusters beyond the next few years, despite numerous rumors circulating and projects.
Betting that everything will get back on track and waving an end to uncertainties, Tsujihara said in an interview with Hollywood Reporter , who wants to keep the other two defeated candidates, and Rosenblun Robinov, as honchos of their respective divisions.
However, the appointment of the post of badass Tsujihara Mor Warner may indicate a game changer for productions based on DC characters. According to Bleeding Cool , Kevin-san worked at DC Comics before the creation of DC Entertainment alongside former Publisher Paul Levitz. That is, a guy who knows the people and the business. As president of Warner HE, Tsujihara had contact only with the DC animated films - which are great - but now will also influence the Warner Pictures, DC Entertainment which is directly subordinate.
There is no doubt that the new CEO relies on teams of DC, but the question is whether he agrees with the changes made in recent years and with the presence of Diane Nelson as president of DC Entertainment. After all, it was her arrival that Levitz took the position of Publisher ...

For all that, can you imagine that ultimately projects involving DC and Warner Pictures should start going forward. One of the closest is the Justice League. Still, there is a cloud that may disturb production. For Variety , Warner Pictures is still awaiting the result of grossing Man of Steel remains as to whether the project starring the team.
Gee, Kevin-san, takes you enjoy this business of superheroes and presses that not only the Justice League to happen, but also for projects such as Super Max, Flash and Wonder Woman finally leaving the paper! Since that story reboot of the Batman in 2017, well ... It can wait.

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-30-2013, 10:01 AM   #271
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight FTW View Post
Interesting article:

New Head of WB and DC Movies

I didn't know that. How lucky we are to have him as CEO! Well, so far it seems lucky... we'll see how he handles everything.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:16 AM   #272
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Yay an actual new photo! *rubs eyes to make sure* Yep, it's a new photo.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 01-30-2013, 10:21 AM   #273
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Interesting article, tbh though I'd rather they waited on Supermax until Arrow has finished. Maybe they can do a Star Trek and have the show spin off to the movie universe.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #274
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
correct

Old 01-30-2013, 10:37 AM   #275
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Interesting article, tbh though I'd rather they waited on Supermax until Arrow has finished. Maybe they can do a Star Trek and have the show spin off to the movie universe.
I'd rather they didn't use the same GA from the show in the movie universe.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread