The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 03:12 PM   #301
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No facial hair?
still not yet lol, might be added once they show the full figure, cape included......and
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
yes he has a cape, he will however spend most of the film without it.....is that a spoiler.......I dont think so, since it bares no real importance to the movie.

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM   #302
sup101
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

The zod toy look good, but it would be better if he had the goatee that we know he have in the movie.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:16 PM   #303
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
No facial hair?
I believe there is a part in the movie where Zod doesn't have facial hair, judging from one of the photos taken of him from the time the movie was being filmed.

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 01-30-2013, 03:21 PM   #304
protocida
Side-Kick

Or... The hair is glued on.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:34 PM   #305
Simo
Side-Kick

Probably doesn't have the goatee at the beginning of the film and the MM figure represents that. That also ensures that if there is another figure of Zod in the armor it'll have the goatee and be "different" enough so it's not just a body swap for a new figure.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #306
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Get your new General Zod action figure featuring removable goatee

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #307
Mindreaper21
Side-Kick

It's not just a goatee, it's a weapon

=Arkham=
Origins
Asylum
City
Knight
Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #308
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

To everyone confused about Zod's goatee (or lack thereof): remember, over twenty years elapse between the events during Krypton's destruction and the events following Zod's arrival on earth, so clearly Snyder needed to depict an age difference between a younger and older Zod (unless there is time travelling involved in the story, which isn't out of the question for a sci-fi film like Man of Steel). I believe that the goatee, as well as the faint scar we see across Zod's face in the Empire photo, will serve to emphasize the passing of time.

However, a related issue that I've been wondering about: how old is Faora? If she's around the same age of Clark, which she seems to be, then does that mean she was a young child during the destruction of Krypton? Here's an idea: maybe she's Zod's daughter. Or, here's an even crazier suggestion: since her features are so similar to Clark's (e.g. black hair, blue eyes, cleft chin), perhaps - and I know this may sound crazy - she's Clark's twin sister? Knowing that Nolan is involved with the project, I wouldn't be surprised if he included such a crazy plot-twist. After all, it isn't much crazier than the Talia al Ghul/Miranda Tate plot-twist at the end of Rises.

Thought? Objections? I don't believe these suggestions myself, mind you, but I think they're at least within the realm of possibility. Is there an easier, less crazy way to explain Faora's apparent youth?

Old 01-30-2013, 05:19 PM   #309
Marvin
Side-Kick

For the most part people don't age in the phantom zone(assuming that's where zod goes).
But it's a brave new world, and if they did change that aspect, I personally like your idea.

Alot of what there is to Superman is that he was raised to be a good man into hero. It would be neat to show the contrast by way of Faora. However I'm sure that would mean she betrays Zod by the end of it.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:23 PM   #310
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
To everyone confused about Zod's goatee (or lack thereof): remember, over twenty years elapse between the events during Krypton's destruction and the events following Zod's arrival on earth, so clearly Snyder needed to depict an age difference between a younger and older Zod (unless there is time travelling involved in the story, which isn't out of the question for a sci-fi film like Man of Steel). I believe that the goatee, as well as the faint scar we see across Zod's face in the Empire photo, will serve to emphasize the passing of time.

However, a related issue that I've been wondering about: how old is Faora? If she's around the same age of Clark, which she seems to be, then does that mean she was a young child during the destruction of Krypton? Here's an idea: maybe she's Zod's daughter. Or, here's an even crazier suggestion: since her features are so similar to Clark's (e.g. black hair, blue eyes, cleft chin), perhaps - and I know this may sound crazy - she's Clark's twin sister? Knowing that Nolan is involved with the project, I wouldn't be surprised if he included such a crazy plot-twist. After all, it isn't much crazier than the Talia al Ghul/Miranda Tate plot-twist at the end of Rises.

Thought? Objections? I don't believe these suggestions myself, mind you, but I think they're at least within the realm of possibility. Is there an easier, less crazy way to explain Faora's apparent youth?
I know that Nolan and Goyer are known to have change certain attributes regarding canon characters but I don't believe either of them has gone as far as changing the family lineage of an established character. It's one thing to give a character a different persona, but another thing to link them by blood with another canon character.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:25 PM   #311
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Origin of the goatee? Zod becomes a Youth Minister.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:32 PM   #312
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Get your new General Zod action figure featuring removable goatee
"JUST IN TIME FOR SUMMER! The Evil General Zod is causing chaos in Metroplis with brand new on-the-go-tee action!"

Old 01-30-2013, 05:33 PM   #313
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post

Well that would explain this I suppose:

http://youtu.be/QVoT-U6Hgu8?t=4m5s

Old 01-30-2013, 05:42 PM   #314
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Alot of what there is to Superman is that he was raised to be a good man into hero. It would be neat to show the contrast by way of Faora. However I'm sure that would mean she betrays Zod by the end of it.
That's exactly what I was thinking. As an 'evil twin sister,' Faora would be able to provide a very interesting contrast against Clark: one member of the El family who chooses to use his powers selflessly to protect and improve the human race, versus another member of the El family who uses her powers for destruction and personal gain.

I think it could work! It would help underscore the benefits of growing up on the Kent farm, with loving parents. You know, all that "truth, justice, etc." stuff.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:08 PM   #315
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post

When I saw the shot in Empire of the cast lined up with Henry and whatsherface lined up I thought they looked like brother and sister. But I don't know if that would be too much of a departure, even with the Nolan's choosing to loosely adapt some elements.

Old 01-30-2013, 06:18 PM   #316
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Zod loves God.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #317
hulk24
Side-Kick

and I give you........

Last edited by hulk24; 01-30-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: and yes it's real
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #318
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

That's been online for days now... and already posted here.

http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=900

Old 01-30-2013, 09:27 PM   #319
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
and I give you........
I gave them that on the 28th...still nice to see people talking about it though! I think the costume has some good things to it and some not so good things

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #320
hulk24
Side-Kick

oo my bad I'm rarely on anymore work and all blah

Old 01-30-2013, 09:55 PM   #321
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

no to Faora being Kal's evil twin sister.

if you want a blood relative stick with an existing character........Kara.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 01-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #322
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulk24 View Post
oo my bad I'm rarely on anymore work and all blah
work...blaaaaah!!!!!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-30-2013, 10:48 PM   #323
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

Did anybody read the Superman Lives script? Superman Lives

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 PM   #324
Marvin
Side-Kick

kinda glad MoS isn't showing up during the Superbowl. There is just so many already, last thing it needs is another week of buzz diffusion(like last time).

Just find a nice quiet few weeks to it's self.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #325
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

I'm kinda surprised that MOS isn't going to get a Super Bowl spot. They did the same stupid mistake with returns bc they wanted more international appeal. With all that dark knight and Harry potter money, you'd think they'd put out a few million for a 30 second spot...

Closed Thread