The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 11:25 PM   #326
Dark Knight
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
I'm kinda surprised that MOS isn't going to get a Super Bowl spot. They did the same stupid mistake with returns bc they wanted more international appeal. With all that dark knight and Harry potter money, you'd think they'd put out a few million for a 30 second spot...

Exactly! WB's being cheap like that just doesn't really make sense....

Old 01-30-2013, 11:43 PM   #327
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

I think we can lock in that MOS Trailer #3 will be with Iron Man 3, considering the TDK trailer was with Iron Man, and the TDKR trailer #3 was with Avengers. It's just the exact target audience WB is attracting with the film and it's therefore a no-brainer. So the question is whether that will be the premiere of it or if we'll see it first with Jack the Giant Slayer.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:00 AM   #328
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

We will see...not gonna hold my breath though

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-31-2013, 12:10 AM   #329
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

And the irony of all of this is that we keep getting reports on how Warner Bros. seemingly has high expectations on MOS and how the film is really the thing that will help determine on where they might want to go with their comic book films in the future, and yet based on their current marketing strategy, you wouldn't be able to tell that.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:19 AM   #330
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I really wanted to see a SB spot, but I don't get the point when this movie's already guaranteed to get everybodys' butts in those seats. Apparently, WB feels the same way.

Then again, the same could be said for IM3.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:21 AM   #331
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
And the irony of all of this is that we keep getting reports on how Warner Bros. seemingly has high expectations on MOS and how the film is really the thing that will help determine on where they might want to go with their comic book films in the future, and yet based on their current marketing strategy, you wouldn't be able to tell that.
I for one still think it's too early for a balls to walls, hardcore marketing campaign. Maybe ramp it up a few notches by mid February....but I still think it's too early

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 AM   #332
sup101
Side-Kick

It will be alot of surprises and a better experience when we see MOS.Marvel show all the best parts in they trailers and then when you get to the theater you seen everything.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:05 AM   #333
JAK®
Upstart

I'd say the complete opposite. Marvel holds a lot of stuff back from the trailers and the film is often bigger than expected.

That's why almost every Marvel film, including The Avengers, was written off by most people on this website at some stage.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:16 AM   #334
dark_b
Side-Kick

i dont think there is a lot to be said about the SB spot. its to early to show some action? who the f... cares. its a new superman reboot and SB is popular in the US.

its the same like in 2006. '' its superman. they are holding back because everyone knows superman''. and here we are in 2013.

but i am not superised that some shh members think like that. after all they also think that a DC movie will not have a Marvel trailer and a marvel movie will not have a DC trailer. when its a fact that they always show comicbook trailers with comicbook movies.

Last edited by dark_b; 01-31-2013 at 03:20 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #335
Smallville13
Side-Kick

I think it's pretty clear that they have held back quite a bit of MOS' major scenes. We've seen 2 seconds of 3 scenes of the final act (Anti-gravity ray on Metropolis, Superman flying into the ray, and Superman and Zod flying at each other).

Expect to see way more of the final fight in trailer #3. I think that will be the clincher for most people. If it's as nuts as what's been reported (Superman and Zod throwing buildings at each other). It's gonna be pretty nuts. I expect everyone will be sold then.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:25 AM   #336
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModusPonens View Post
ORLY?

I'm calling bull-spit. And you didn't even think to be more creative, like that guy on IMDb...

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Well im one of the few who actually liked Ang Lee's Hulk as a film so im good. Now, talking like I believe you and you friend (and I don't, but I'll play a long because there are things I wanted to say before) , I can understand the too dark comment (the film has a darker, muted color palette and a somber tone which many associate with dark even if it isn't technically, just how it is) but I don't really understand the too slow comment. Is the film 3 hours long or something, because there seem to be some sort of action scenes going on in every stage of the film from Krypton to Clark's boyhood and beyond. Or is the pace off?

I wouldn't be surprised. About the only real concern that I have is how Snyder is going to handle all the different elements and flashbacks and themes of the film without under-developing certain aspects or spending too much time on others. Is he, or at this point, did he find the right balance of action, drama, light hearted moments (if there are any). Is the film poorly paced for an hour and a half and then filled with action for the remaining hour? All remains to be seen. This is why Star Trek is a great film. Abrams, IMHO, found the perfect balance and made a roller coaster ride that never bored. Can Snyder do the same? I have my doubts.

Speaking of which, I am pretty certain that like every other Snyder film, MOS will polarize the critics. I mean, while searching for MOS and reactions in the past, I've come across many tweets and comments from critics whose reviews get posted on RT, who are CONVINCED that the film will either suck or just not be that great purely because it's Snyder. These people will go in expecting a bad film and will nitpick the hell out of everything, making the weak appear bad in the process, just because it's a Zack Snyder movie and their film critics pride won't let them be proven wrong. Seriously, Snyder is pretty hated on the whole by critics.

There's also the question of how well Snyder handles the quite obvious tonal shifts from the Americana Malick style boyhood to the all out sci-fi action of the third act. Poorly handled tonal shifts can be a movies Kryptonite. So unless Snyder really knocks it out of the park with a flawless product (and I am not expecting one) I am pretty much ready for mixed and negative reviews leading up to the day of release and am also ready not to be phased by them (unless if they mention specific faults with the script or performances). Because people also have it in their minds what a Superman film should be and shouldn't be. Roger Ebert gave Star Trek a fairly negative review only because it wasn't what he thought Star Trek should be. And just one look at Superman Returns RT score will tell you critics seem to have the wrong ideas about Superman. This film won't be liked by everyone (more so than Nolan's Batman). That's pretty much a guarantee.

Time will tell how this all pans out.
It's one opinion and I doubt he saw the entire film. Probably only the shots he worked on so it wouldnt even be all the action shots. I too enjoyed Ang Lee's Hulk but I can see where it failed to capture things commercially. My sister has a part in the film and told me what he said. Her imdb isn't updated yet but i can tell you her scene if you want.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 AM   #337
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I think we can lock in that MOS Trailer #3 will be with Iron Man 3, considering the TDK trailer was with Iron Man, and the TDKR trailer #3 was with Avengers. It's just the exact target audience WB is attracting with the film and it's therefore a no-brainer. So the question is whether that will be the premiere of it or if we'll see it first with Jack the Giant Slayer.
You're right. To have a trailer for MOS with Iron Man 3, IS a no-brainer. But I don't think it'll be trailer-3 though (rather a 4'th one). Cause I think we'll get trailer-3 around mid-april, or so. That'll be just around two months away from its worlwide release. Iron Man 3 and MOS are only a little over a month apart from each others releases. Point being, If MOS's trailer-3 were to be attached to Iron Man 3 it would be too long before we saw the next promotional piece for the movie, not to mention that it would be too close to MOS's own release for the next trailer to first come out than.

No. I predict Trailer-3 in mid april. And quite possibly a shortened action packed trailer 4 (or an international trailer) to be attached to Iron Man 3. And that's not even wishful thinking. It's quite possible.

Last edited by Naite22; 01-31-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:31 AM   #338
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrodust View Post
It's one opinion and I doubt he saw the entire film. Probably only the shots he worked on so it wouldnt even be all the action shots. I too enjoyed Ang Lee's Hulk but I can see where it failed to capture things commercially. My sister has a part in the film and told me what he said. Her imdb isn't updated yet but i can tell you her scene if you want.
So you still insist that you're telling the truth? If so, surely you can say a little more about what your friend saw: what exactly happened in the shots he worked on? What characters were there? Was there fighting? Were there any spaceships? How was the cinematography, and the lighting?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:35 AM   #339
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
So you still insist that you're telling the truth? If so, surely you can say a little more about what your friend saw: what exactly happened in the shots he worked on? What characters were there? Was there fighting? Were there any spaceships? How was the cinematography, and the lighting?
How would I know what scenes he worked on? All I asked was if she thought MoS would be good. She gave an opinion based on what he said. They have signed non disclosure agreements. It was hard enough to pry what scene she was in. MoS has more than one effects studio working on it. He was part of the smaller one that worked on the first 2 trailers. The only scene I can tell you is my sisters.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 AM   #340
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
The only scene I can tell you is my sisters.
Okay, then tell me about your sister's scene.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:46 AM   #341
Astrodust
Side-Kick

Quote:
Okay, then tell me about your sister's scene.
Lol fine.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her name is Elizabeth Thai. She plays some military type I don't know the name that watches over a radar panal before something flies past fast. She didn't tell me what she said exactly but I'm sure it's along the lines of sir something is moving fast etc etc. Her imdb is not updated yet but you can check her credits when the film is released. Her husband at the time works for one of the effects companies licensed to work on the film.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 AM   #342
ModusPonens
Side-Kick

Quote:
Lol fine.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Her name is Elizabeth Thai. She plays some military type I don't know the name that watches over a radar panal before something flies past fast. She didn't tell me what she said exactly but I'm sure it's along the lines of sir something is moving fast etc etc. Her imdb is not updated yet but you can check her credits when the film is released. Her husband at the time works for one of the effects companies licensed to work on the film.
Well, that definitely sounds like it would be in a Superman movie. If you're telling the truth, I appreciate that you've shared the info with me. Is that all that you know?

Old 01-31-2013, 03:54 AM   #343
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Considering that one of the biggest criticisms about SR was that it was so action light, I'm sure that everyone involved with making this film made sure to not make that mistake again.

I mean you just don't take the world's strongest character and put him in a film where TV series are known to have better action scenes than it.lol

Old 01-31-2013, 03:57 AM   #344
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Just got my Dark Knight Returns Part 2 Blu Ray and its got the Man of Steel (Jonathn Kent) teaser on it

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 01-31-2013, 04:55 AM   #345
Sam
Im Always Around

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
I'm kinda surprised that MOS isn't going to get a Super Bowl spot. They did the same stupid mistake with returns bc they wanted more international appeal. With all that dark knight and Harry potter money, you'd think they'd put out a few million for a 30 second spot...
Im not surprise at all. Its kind of WB policy last several years do not have movies spots on super bowl.

But would be so cool if they had...

Old 01-31-2013, 05:11 AM   #346
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Indeed; I already want to see some new live action footage already at this point.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:32 AM   #347
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
You're right. To have a trailer for MOS with Iron Man 3, IS a no-brainer. But I don't think it'll be trailer-3 though (rather a 4'th one). Cause I think we'll get trailer-3 around mid-april, or so. That'll be just around two months away from its worlwide release. Iron Man 3 and MOS are only a little over a month apart from each others releases. Point being, If MOS's trailer-3 were to be attached to Iron Man 3 it would be too long before we saw the next promotional piece for the movie, not to mention that it would be too close to MOS's own release for the next trailer to first come out than.

No. I predict Trailer-3 in mid april. And quite possibly a shortened action packed trailer 4 (or an international trailer) to be attached to Iron Man 3. And that's not even wishful thinking. It's quite possible.
April seems too far off though and it'd be a little redundant, not to mention I can't recall 2 new trailers being cut month after month, to show Trailer #3 in April and Trailer #4 the beginning of May.

I'm pretty sure we'll see our first TV spot in March given all the other big blockbusters have put out TV commercials 3 months in advance so I'd think a trailer would debut around the same time but then this is WB.....

Old 01-31-2013, 06:25 AM   #348
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Indeed; I already want to see some new live action footage already at this point.
Whats the dael with your avvy ?

What bet ?

Old 01-31-2013, 06:37 AM   #349
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Whats the dael with your avvy ?

What bet ?
lol; i made a bet about a week or two ago saying that I was confident that we wouldn't' be getting anything new of real good quality within the remainder of January, and lo and behold, someone from above must have heard it and decided to make Warner Bros. release those new batch of images not long after.haha

Old 01-31-2013, 07:06 AM   #350
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
lol; i made a bet about a week or two ago saying that I was confident that we wouldn't' be getting anything new of real good quality within the remainder of January, and lo and behold, someone from above must have heard it and decided to make Warner Bros. release those new batch of images not long after.haha
lol, WB are unpredictable.

Do we have a lounge thread, like Spidey fans have ?

Closed Thread