The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 11:06 AM   #551
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
herolee, you know they are just joking with you too, right?
Wait a second...he really doesn't like Bieber??? lol!! I keed, I keed...I joke, I joke!!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #552
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Hey there's always the midnight showing the night of the 13th. You can go see it then, go to the wedding while impatiently checking your watch, say a few nice words to the groom and bride and speed out of there like a madman. lol
Haha well the weddings at around 12pm on the 14th, and Im not sure about midnight showings. Its also in the middle of nowhere so its gonna be cack for transport too and I don't drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It's getting exciting now that everyone's starting to talk about ticket plans. It's getting close!
I know, really cannot wait

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 02-02-2013, 11:13 AM   #553
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I disagree sorry. If society in the film is meant to reflect our own, what does that say about us if only Superman can help it. It's just not true, we as a race can eventually overcome our own problems as a species: hunger, war, racism, etc, and we will.

And Clark publicly outing himself as Superman is a very hot potato. I know it's hard to consider because we just like seeing him fly and save people in the comics, but for someone like him to decide to become Superman just so he can save kittens from trees is a very selfish thoughtless move.

That's why he's lost in Alaska. He doesn't know his outlet. He grew up in society. He knows how wrong it would be to alter and effect the human race forever by revealing that aliens exist and they are gods. But when Zod shows up, he knows he has no choice but to suit up and do what he can.
The Hero rises to face a problem that the people cant handle.Bruce became Batman to fight crime cause no one cld. Superman becomes a hero to help save the planet because the people cant. Thats what heroes are for to face what others cant face.
A hero howver is not someone who has to clean up his own mess or deal with the kryptonian skeletons coming out of his closet.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:04 PM   #554
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Hey...I'll probably be traveling to London all the way from Greece just to do that. I did the same in 2006 (SR). It was a fun experience, even if I did travel alone. Although I did meet up with a bluetights.net member.

I'm thinking of doing the same thing this year. Hopefully this time my brother joins me, but I'll probably go even if he doesn't.
Your definitely selling me on it! And hey, if we are both definitely going I'll meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I have never gone to the cinema alone but if I had to I'd go see Man of Steel alone, I just wanna see it so god damn bad
I go alone all the time, but this is one movie I have loads of people saying they wanna come with me...

I just honestly think I'd rather go alone. This means so much more to me than it will anyone else, and no matter who else I went with I'd feel like I'd have to contain my excitement a little bit and engage in normal chit chat before hand and stuff, and I wanna just be able to freely be an emotional mess without feeling silly about it or having my mates laugh (good naturedly but still) at me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
I went to see Iron Man on my own, shortly after passing my driving test. I was sat around at home and realised, wait I can go places now! And rather then wait any longer I drove straight to the cinema to see it. As for MoS though, I think I'm going to be lurking on the BFI Imax website when the tickets go on sale and buy about 4 for myself and friends. I don't know if they do advanced screenings there or not though.
And talking of advance screenings, whats the deal with them? Are they generally just for films which have come out already in some other countries? Is it standard for a film like MoS to have advance screenings ahead of June 14th which Joe Public will be able to go to?
Seriously, nearer the time us UK lot should arrange ourselves and meet up beforehand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Dude, I have already taken Thursday the 13th through Monday the 17th off from work because I have already planned on beating my own personal record for seeing one movie the most times during opening weekend. I WILL see MOS at least 10 times that weekend. All in IMAX 3D too! I've already started saving money and everything. lol
Yeah I'll see it tonnes that weekend, and probably every night after work for at least a week.

I've never seen a film at the cinema more than three times, but this is different. It feels like a once in a lifetime movie.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-02-2013, 12:07 PM   #555
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I have no problems with going to the cinema alone. There would be too many movies I so much wanna see that I would miss otherwise. My friends and family are neither geeky or as big movie fans as me.

1. The Dark Knight | 2. Superman: The Movie | 3. Batman Begins | 4. Captain America: The Winter Soldier | 5. The Avengers
6. The Dark Knight Rises | 7. X2 | 8. Spider-Man 2 | 9. Batman Returns | 10. Iron Man 3

Last edited by 747; 02-02-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #556
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Seriously, nearer the time us UK lot should arrange ourselves and meet up beforehand
Yeah I was wondering if a meet up would be discussed. Where there one for SR in any parts of the world?

Old 02-02-2013, 12:52 PM   #557
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
I have no problems with going to the cinema alone. There would be too many movies I so much wanna see that I would miss otherwise. My friends and family are neither geeky or as big movie fans as me.
Same here. I saw TDKR and Superman Returns alone.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 PM   #558
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Rumors are fun ya'll
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...fered-director
Goyer reportatly rewriting Superman in the JLA script because
Quote:
• Our source says that Will Beall's Justice League movie script was written in such a way that it didn't include the knowledge of a Cinematic Universe; that Beall's draft isn't reflected of Henry Cavill's portrayal of the character from Man of Steel as it was written.
• David Goyer will be rewriting Superman's arc in the script.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:05 PM   #559
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

I hope the script doesn't suffer from too many cooks in the kitchen syndrom.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:06 PM   #560
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

If we get an awesome MOS movie and then a crappy JL movie...

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 02-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #561
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Hey guys, is that Empire magazine in stores yet ? I really want it.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #562
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Yeah I was wondering if a meet up would be discussed. Where there one for SR in any parts of the world?
No idea, I wasn't around the forums then. But count me in if anyones going to midnight showing at BFI, I'll meet up with anyone who wants too beforehand

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-02-2013, 01:19 PM   #563
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Rumors are fun ya'll
http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...fered-director
Goyer reportatly rewriting Superman in the JLA script because
TBH I hope that's true. I would rather the interpretations be consistent and that the same writer had a hand in Supes portrayal if they are definitely going ahead with connecting both franchises ( which it's just illogical for them not to do at this stage, as sad as it makes me )

*\S/T*
Old 02-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #564
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
TBH I hope that's true. I would rather the interpretations be consistent and that the same writer had a hand in Supes portrayal if they are definitely going ahead with connecting both franchises ( which it's just illogical for them not to do at this stage, as sad as it makes me )
Here's how i feel. This does make me feel good, as Goyer has a much better chance of connecting the two franchises than Will could ever have done. It looks like Man Of Steel will start a universe where Nolan's Batman saga never happened, and i guess i'm okay with that, as Nolan's bat would have never existed in this type of universe. As great news as this is, i still have that morbid feeling in the pit of my stomach, that this film is still such a mess. I do not like at all that they are getting this together so quickly. A film on a scale like this, needs time and preparation. Honestly, i hope Goyer eventually just rewrites the whole damn thing practically. If he did that, and it was confirmed that Snyder or Shane Black directed it, then i would feel a whole lot better.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:32 PM   #565
ThePhantasm
BADASS!

Well, if it IS true, it probably means no John Blake Batman (YAY) unless they do a script rewrite to work that in as well (NOOOOO).

Wonder Gal | Cav-El | Batfleck | #TrustSnyder
Old 02-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #566
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Honest question. Why in the world would it be a good idea keeping Will Beall's script when the biggest issue people had with Gangster Squad was the writing?

How about they scrap that script and hire someone who can write.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Avvy by Kane

Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 02-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #567
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

People are even remotely taking Cosmic Book News serious!?

Old 02-02-2013, 01:47 PM   #568
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
People are even remotely taking Cosmic Book News serious!?
It gives us something to discuss.

And besides Cosmic Book News is 100% legit

Old 02-02-2013, 01:48 PM   #569
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Honest question. Why in the world would it be a good idea keeping Will Beall's script when the biggest issue people had with Gangster Squad was the writing?

They probably want to save money and not hire another writer. But if Goyer is rewriting everything Superman in the script, why not just have him rewrite EVERYTHING. It doesn't make sense to me at all.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #570
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
And besides Cosmic Book News is 100% legit
Yep. 100% legitimately full of crap.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 PM   #571
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Yep. 100% legitimately full of crap.
LMFAO. I love how i see something posted here first, and then 20 mins later its on their site.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:00 PM   #572
HighFivingMF
Welp.

I mean, I wouldn't rule the possibility of Snyder and Goyer being involved out, but that article comes straight from their asses and not some inside source.

They're taking ElMayimbe's mention of Snyder being pursued and just adding things you could logically deduce. Just like when he said Darkseid was the villain and the story it was based on took place on Apokalips, so they ran the "exclusive" that Mother Boxes and New Genesis would be involved.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris

Last edited by HighFivingMF; 02-02-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:02 PM   #573
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

Maybe he got the Justice League script right though.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #574
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Wouldn't be surprised if Goyer is the first writer on the sequel.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:10 PM   #575
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Wouldn't be surprised if Goyer is the first writer on the sequel.
I'd be very happy with that.

I just don't get how its all going to work, I mean lets say:

1. Man of Steel's successful and then Justice League is a hit, do we then get a Man of Steel sequel, other solo movies and a JL sequel?

2. Man of Steel's not successful, does JL then even get made?

3. Man of Steel's a hit, JL flops, do we get MOS 2?

I just don't get how its going to work.

Closed Thread