The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #776
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
it will hurt me. if its good OK fantastic. a fan got a good movie. but its Zod. its Zoooooooooooood again

i need something different. and thats why i can not accept risking it all with a simple marketing plan.

some here think that the marketing is fine because they think that the movie will make money because the movie is good.'' i think the movie is good so it doesnt matter if WB didnt realese a superbowl spot.'' some just belive that its Superman. its the same like in 2006. i was here on SHH. i remember. and now 7 years later i will get Zod and Ursa.

where is my Braniac? ''he would be to expensive because of the CGI''. ZOD WILL HAVE A 100% CGI SUIT. GRRRRR

oldschool dark_b post
That reminds me, I and others mentioned that the marketing for the last Supes movie was lackluster and I remember hearing the same excuses. "The marketing is fine" And it's going to make 300mil because everyone loves Superman!" It's fine to make that mistake once but twice? Nah. The fact is this movie has a lame release date and it's not the only game in town. WB is screwing the pooch if they wait until April to market the film. They need to push the film harder and they need a non Terrence Malick action pack trailer for the masses before April so it can play in front of as many movies as possible. MOS is not just going to make money just because everyone knows who Superman is.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #777
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

If it doesn't use the audio from it or any of the footage then I see no big deal because as Krumm said, most of the footage except for a few scenes have already been shown....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #778
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
If it doesn't use the audio from it or any of the footage then I see no big deal because as Krumm said, most of the footage except for a few scenes have already been shown....
Yeah, if it's a complete recut, what's the problem? At the same time though, if it's all the same footage, what's the point of recutting it?

Old 02-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #779
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Yeah, if it's a complete recut, what's the problem? At the same time though, if it's all the same footage, what's the point of recutting it?
exactly....not unless they used some music they wrote or put in the Williams theme. I like the Williams theme and all but I'm SLOWLY coming over to the idea that it wouldn't fit for this movie...unless it was re-written itself....I wouldn't mind seeing the video.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:41 PM   #780
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Green Lantern being the worst example of a slow to fast burn in marketing...so many tv spots.

Hopefully MoS has a more consistent burn.
WB and consistency have never gone together, but I applaud your optimistic outlook. I too hope for it

Old 02-04-2013, 04:45 PM   #781
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Posting bootleg audio is still posting bootleg material. Which you are no supposed to do. Not hard to distinguish.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #782
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
WB and consistency have never gone together, but I applaud your optimistic outlook. I too hope for it
There can be no true despair without hope.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:57 PM   #783
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Not MoS related (not that we have many MoS stuff to talk about), but still Superman...

Cover art for the Superman: Unbound animated movie.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:59 PM   #784
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Cool. Brainiac is my favorite Supes villain.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:00 PM   #785
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Cool. Brainiac is my favorite Supes villain.
Same here. Hopefully we'll finally see him in a live action movie.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #786
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Posting bootleg audio is still posting bootleg material. Which you are no supposed to do. Not hard to distinguish.
I get that...but hypothetical here. What if I were to take scenes from the teasers released and the full length trailer, audio clips from both and took the music from The Thin Red Line and did a edit...would that pass? Nothing would be taken from the Comic-Con footage itself. But since we know what music was used I can go download that song and use it. Would it still be considered bootleg??

Old 02-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #787
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

I share your favoritism for the Maniac of Brain as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:02 PM   #788
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Not MoS related (not that we have many MoS stuff to talk about), but still Superman...

Cover art for the Superman: Unbound animated movie.

very cool....I wants it!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:07 PM   #789
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I get that...but hypothetical here. What if I were to take scenes from the teasers released and the full length trailer, audio clips from both and took the music from The Thin Red Line and did a edit...would that pass? Nothing would be taken from the Comic-Con footage itself. But since we know what music was used I can go download that song and use it. Would it still be considered bootleg??
Quote:
Distribution of of unauthorized copies of intellectual property such as movies, television, music, games, comics and software programs via the "The Hype" is prohibited. This includes but is not limited to private messages, visitor messages, and posts. If a poster makes an announcement via thread or individual post on "The Hype" related to distributing any of the pirated material above said poster will be punished via warning, infraction, probationary, or permanent ban. Any requests by a poster in a thread for any of the above pirated material will result in the same above punishment on behalf of the moderating team of "The Hype". First Offense: One Week Probation Second Offense: Two Weeks Probation Third Offense: Permanent Ban Don't Be A Pirate.

http://forums.superherohype.com/faq....q_item#faq_pir
Nowhere here does it say "Video only" or "Audio only." Pirated material as a whole.

This is just plain common sense, folks.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #790
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Nowhere here does it say "Video only" or "Audio only." Pirated material as a whole.

This is just plain common sense, folks.
I think you're missing what I'm saying. If I buy the music that was used in The Thin Red Line, and then used video that was released by WB via the two teasers and the full length trailer and used audio clips from the two trailers and music from The Thin Red Line, that's not bootleg...none of it is. I just so happen to like the music from The Thin Red Line and choose to use that in my video. Given I don't know how to do any of that, but if I did, it wouldn't contain any bootleg video, it would just be using the same scenes that were in the Comic-Con footage that WB released along with filler footage to take the place of the footage that would be considered bootleg. Anyone can go and buy the music used in those trailers...therefor that would not be bootleg either. It would be just the same as if I decided to use the theme song to "Welcome Back Kotter" instead of the music in the teaser or the full length trailer...

Old 02-04-2013, 05:33 PM   #791
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I think you're missing what I'm saying. If I buy the music that was used in The Thin Red Line, and then used video that was released by WB via the two teasers and the full length trailer and used audio clips from the two trailers and music from The Thin Red Line, that's not bootleg...none of it is. I just so happen to like the music from The Thin Red Line and choose to use that in my video. Given I don't know how to do any of that, but if I did, it wouldn't contain any bootleg video, it would just be using the same scenes that were in the Comic-Con footage that WB released along with filler footage to take the place of the footage that would be considered bootleg. Anyone can go and buy the music used in those trailers...therefor that would not be bootleg either. It would be just the same as if I decided to use the theme song to "Welcome Back Kotter" instead of the music in the teaser or the full length trailer...
This isn't up for debate. You're putting a hypothetical to a situation that didn't apply here. Someone spliced the Man of Steel teaser and trailer together using only audio from the bootleg Comic-Con trailer (and the title of the video even says "Comic-Con Trailer") and posted it here (even after myself and Showtime said not to).

Ergo it's still bootleg material which goes against the rules here. Even if it's a wormy "loophole" (which it isn't) of being strictly the audio.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #792
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Anyone else noticed Clark is with beard when he is in the fortress saying "Where do I come from?" and then he is completely shaved when he is leaving there with the suit?

How would be this possible?

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #793
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
This isn't up for debate. You're putting a hypothetical to a situation that didn't apply here. Someone spliced the Man of Steel teaser and trailer together using only audio from the bootleg Comic-Con trailer (and the title of the video even says "Comic-Con Trailer") and posted it here (even after myself and Showtime said not to).

Ergo it's still bootleg material which goes against the rules here. Even if it's a wormy "loophole" (which it isn't) of being strictly the audio.
But I'm not using any audio from the Comic-Con footage....period. None at all. Just because I use the music from the Thin Red Line that also happened to be used in the Comic-Con footage makes it bootleg? I wouldn't even call it "Comic-Con re-edit" or anything like that. I don't see how using a song that was in another movie, that just happened to be used in a trailer for another film that hasn't been released to the public would make it bootleg.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:39 PM   #794
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Anyone else noticed Clark is with beard when he is in the fortress saying "Where do I come from?" and then he is completely shaved when he is leaving there with the suit?

How would be this possible?
heat vision shaving man....heat vision

Old 02-04-2013, 05:43 PM   #795
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

That's hot, that's a hot way to shave...

Old 02-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #796
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
That's hot, that's a hot way to shave...
*Puts on glasses*

YEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!

Old 02-04-2013, 05:45 PM   #797
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
But I'm not using any audio from the Comic-Con footage....period. None at all. Just because I use the music from the Thin Red Line that also happened to be used in the Comic-Con footage makes it bootleg? I wouldn't even call it "Comic-Con re-edit" or anything like that. I don't see how using a song that was in another movie, that just happened to be used in a trailer for another film that hasn't been released to the public would make it bootleg.
The Thin Red Line music pre-dates what was shown at Comic-Con last year and has been open to the masses for fifteen years.

As long as there isn't a trace of anything that originates from the Comic-Con material (footage, dialogue - which the offending video I'm referring to did), there is no issue.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 PM   #798
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
He might not have shaved it right after. His beard is noticeably thicker in Alaska than it is in the Fortress. It's possible that Clark (in the process of growing the beard) spoke to Jor-El, and the answers he received from him did nothing to ease his negative feelings. The sequence of events leading up to Clark putting on the suit might be different than we thought.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #799
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
The Thin Red Line music pre-dates what was shown at Comic-Con last year and has been open to the masses for fifteen years.

As long as there isn't a trace of anything that originates from the Comic-Con material (footage, dialogue - which the offending video I'm referring to did), there is no issue.
I didn't think I was getting my point across clearly....sorry for that. But you're seeing where I'm coming from. It would NOT have a SINGLE trace of AUDIO OR VIDEO from the Comic-Con footage that hasn't already been released via the teasers or full length trailer. None whatsoever. I'm glad I finally got what I was trying to say across...I'm not the most eloquent speaker there is

Old 02-04-2013, 05:51 PM   #800
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
That reminds me, I and others mentioned that the marketing for the last Supes movie was lackluster and I remember hearing the same excuses. "The marketing is fine" And it's going to make 300mil because everyone loves Superman!" It's fine to make that mistake once but twice? Nah. The fact is this movie has a lame release date and it's not the only game in town. WB is screwing the pooch if they wait until April to market the film. They need to push the film harder and they need a non Terrence Malick action pack trailer for the masses before April so it can play in front of as many movies as possible. MOS is not just going to make money just because everyone knows who Superman is.

I agree with your assessment on this ISS.

Not having a 45 second SB spot was a missed opportunity IMO. No excuse for a multi billion dollar company/studio like WB's be cheap and not have an action/visually impressive and epic MOS spot during SB.

They need to get the viral going now at least.

I'm hoping an action packed and visually impressive Trailer 2 for MOS is released with Oz and Die Hard. Might as well release it with GI JOE also. Then another NEW Trailer 3 with IM3, Gatsby and Star Trek 2.

Closed Thread