The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:36 PM   #851
robmx522
Banned User

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

and about gomez post earlier what if that is the fos falling from the sky while clark is throwin the fishing net ...and he's like well i better go see what that is ...poof

Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 PM   #852
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
I translated it... Sorry for my bad grammar in some places...

WHAT IF WE ALREADY HAD SEEN THE OLD SUPERMAN ACTOR'S CAMEO IN MAN OF STEEL... AND WE HAD NOT NOTICED?

You already know that is said there will be a cameo in Man of Steel of an "old Superman actor, dead or alive". Speculation has soared, some people bet for the usual cameos (Noel Neill or Jack Larson), there are others that think Annette O'Toole has put his voice in the trailer, but the most dreamers believe the Great cameo will be Christopher Reeve and the only need is to find a creative way to do it without making it look "out of phase", and without quiting leadership to who really deserves it: Henry Cavill.

But... what if we already had seen that cameo in front of us and we didn't noticed? My friend Reni gave me the idea in the comments of a previous post. Do you remember that video of the Man of Steel set in Chicago that I posted September the 14 of 2011?.
Ok, take a look at it again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=JY8LWg31P5s

Aren't you seeing something odd?

Not yet? Ok, we're going to point directly where we must look:

Maybe you all have your "mouth open", as me. But yes, effectively that brown-skin man with gray costume, hat and I would say glasses too, that is walking in the scene (and who is obviously an extra), has exactly the same look that Christopher Reeve has in Superman movies when he was going as Clark Kent. Specifically, you just have to remember the opening credits of Superman III, when Chris is dressed exactly the same. Look at this screen-capture in which we compare them:

I still can't say it's not just a coincidence, but... Don't you think it's very strange that a very retro-dressed man is walking through the Metropolis of XXI century? Yes, there could be a man with costume and tie, but the hat detail, the portfolio and the handkerchief in the pocket... it's very odd for being casual.. May the scene would be Cavill "geting crossed" with that "clon" of Clark Kent/Chris Reeve while he is arriving to Metropolis?, and if it is so, Would he have a direct camera plane? Any sentence? Would they make the Christopher face in CGI for major "blood straw" (an allusion to extreme masturbation)... or are we just getting crazy, including me?

I don't know how to say it... But it's clear the similarity is indisputable. And I highly doubt Snyder has left the oportunity of making a possible easter egg like this.
I was with you sorta until I got to "extreme masturbation"....then I was floored. I don't have any words to describe how odd that is....

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 02-04-2013, 07:41 PM   #853
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by robmx522 View Post
and about gomez post earlier what if that is the fos falling from the sky while clark is throwin the fishing net ...and he's like well i better go see what that is ...poof
Yes, that's what most people think, and we also think the first place that Superman will go to will be the Ma Kent's farm... And then Zod and Faora shows up landing on the farm

Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #854
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I was with you sorta until I got to "extreme masturbation"....then I was floored. I don't have any words to describe how odd that is....
Spanish people use the word "paja" which translates something like "jerk off" in english, but literally it means "straw"

Old 02-04-2013, 07:42 PM   #855
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Yes, that's what most people think, and we also think the first place that Superman will go to will be the Ma Kent's farm... And then Zod and Faora shows up landing on the farm
I'm still not sold on that being the Fortress...and the first place he goes is the farm. I'm not buying that either....unless you have some secret source feeding you this stuff

Old 02-04-2013, 07:44 PM   #856
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Spanish people use the word "paja" which translates something like "jerk off" in english
but why jerking off to a cameo of Chris Reeve in a Superman film??? Do you possibly mean "getting jerked around"?

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #857
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

We really need some new news or photos right about now.

Old 02-04-2013, 07:47 PM   #858
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
We really need some new news or photos right about now.
you can say that again....

and not about jerking off :-/

Old 02-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #859
robmx522
Banned User

who knows i really don't believe that he see's the fos falling and don't believe thats him ...but can't wait to see how the movie is

Old 02-04-2013, 07:55 PM   #860
robmx522
Banned User

its wierd knowing we are only 4 months from seeing this movie

Old 02-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #861
Glassjaw
In training

I can't stop laughing at the last few posts. Surely that mistranslated line belongs in a signature somewhere.

Ahh in a few months time when we have loads of new pics, trailers, spots and are basically spoilt for choice about what to talk about, I'm going to remember this period and what we had to make do with talking about.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #862
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
but why jerking off to a cameo of Chris Reeve in a Superman film??? Do you possibly mean "getting jerked around"?
No, It's really "jerking off" by the excitement of seeing Chris Reeve created by CGI in this new Superman film

Old 02-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #863
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
who knows i really don't believe that he see's the fos falling and don't believe thats him ...but can't wait to see how the movie is
yeah I'm betting that's not the Fortress...I can't say whether or not that's Clark throwing the net but I'd be willing to bet it is. I'm still under the impression that the light in the sky is Zod and co. coming to Earth. I really hope they tell a little bit more of the movie in the next trailer. I remember when I was a kid the marketing was nothing like it is today. You had to wait til the movie came out to know what it was about...you just knew that it was a Superman movie or a Batman movie. Nothing more

Old 02-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #864
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
No, It's jerking off by the excitement of seeing Chris Reeve created by CGI in this new Superman film
That's pretty damn sick....I wouldn't do that over another guy. Now if thy had cast some fine ass chick in a Supergirl cameo.....let's leave it at that

Old 02-04-2013, 08:03 PM   #865
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Yes I was thinking about MOS a few days ago and in a moment I was like... 4 months... What? Just 4 months!!??

Old 02-04-2013, 08:04 PM   #866
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Yes I was thinking about MOS a few days ago and in a moment I was like... 4 months... What? Just 4 months!!??
hard to believe isn't it?!?!? I can't friggin wait!!!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 PM   #867
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

This forum is a damn mess right now.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #868
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I won't forget the MOS Trailer 2 countdown... It was a really great marketing campaign, it was even funny... This thread just got crazy that day LOL. Hope WB to do things like that more often

Old 02-04-2013, 08:14 PM   #869
robmx522
Banned User

as much as i'm glad they didn't use the williams theme i kinda wish they did ...its just so iconic

Old 02-04-2013, 08:16 PM   #870
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
as much as i'm glad they didn't use the williams theme i kinda wish they did ...its just so iconic
Man it wouldn't fit at all.. I don't think Zimmer has surpassed the Williams score, but I'm sure he did a good job

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #871
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
This forum is a damn mess right now.
especially now that there are tons of Mexicans jerking off over "Chris Reeve"....wow

Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #872
robmx522
Banned User

lmao

Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #873
gomez147
You're not just anyone

LOL I'm not mexican... And I didn't wrote that... It was the Spanish man that wrote that article in the website

Old 02-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #874
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
especially now that there are tons of Mexicans jerking off over "Chris Reeve"....wow
Ya'll can jerk it whenever you want, just don't post about it on here.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #875
Kal-El.9859
Sent For A Reason

Quote:
LOL I'm not mexican... And I didn't wrote that... It was the Spanish man that wrote that article in the website
I understand that, but for him to write that people are doing that is rather disturbing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Ya'll can jerk it whenever you want, just don't post about it on here.
I'm not involved in any jerkfest....

Closed Thread