The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:43 AM   #951
moviefreak
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. View Post
Despite coming across in a very "down to earth" manner in interviews, I sense he's quite an intelligent man. Not Nolan levels of intellect, but smarter than most people directing superhero flicks.
From what little interviews and talks he gave that I have seen, Snyder seems to display a lot of dominant introversion traits. IMO he's one of the most technically accomplished director, however so far his films lack structure especially if he goes off the beaten path. I hope that he evolves and develops a more solid body of work

Old 02-05-2013, 11:46 AM   #952
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
easy there. in 2011 the movie was budgeted. the money was locked. when they finish talk about the budget they have everything on paper. how long it will take to make the movie. the only way filming and post production is extended is when the director or studio make a choice. a choice.
there is ZERO chance that MOS will be in post production from 2011 until 2013. it will not even be from januar 2012 to may 2013. i agree that MOS was not rushed. its hard to find a blockbuster movie in the last 5 years that was not rushed.
Didn't TDK and Inception come out underbudget and finished before schedule?

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:53 AM   #953
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Didn't TDK and Inception come out underbudget and finished before schedule?
thats what they said. but i dont belive it.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:12 PM   #954
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

You know what i would really like to see and I think it's a possibility considering that handheld cameras were used quite a bit in the filming of this movie.

In the fight scenes between Zod, have it from multiple perspectives for example. You could have them fight at what looks like normal speed but have the background moving at almost a pause and then cut away to a handheld as if from another persons eyes and have just complete destruction erupting all around them and all they can see is the blurred motion of blue/red & black.

That would be more realistic because kryptonians can move at incredible speeds so you would assume that them fighting would also be at incredibly high speeds.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 PM   #955
Astrodust
Side-Kick

The point of marketing is to remind people that the film is worth your money. The more times you say in your head that you need to see it, the more likely you will go. The Superbowl is great because if that is your target audience, you have them all amped and watching that day. Now they have to find some other times on tv where they can catch their target audience and get them talking.

So if you have one friend that saw it watching tv in may, another that saw it watching hockey, and a friend that saw it watching the superbowl, it's more likely that the average person will be intrigued if they all get talking. Remember they probably have our money. The casual moviegoer needs to hear reminders of how awesome the film looks and needs to hear it more than once. We need to stop patting WB on the back and think back to all the films we intended to see in the theater and never got around to. That is how this film will be to some people. And of course the film has to be good.

Last edited by Astrodust; 02-05-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:25 PM   #956
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

A reminder to everyone....uncensored cursing is not allowed on the Hype, so do not post links to videos with it.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:28 PM   #957
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Whoopsy giggles.

Anyhoozen, I wonder if Kevin Tsujihara's promotion at WB will have any positive impact on WB's plans for superhero films, near and far-off. By that I mean, I hope it lights a fire underneath WB's rear ends and gets them off of this "wait and see" mentality they've been stuck in for years.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:41 PM   #958
McLarenMP4
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
A reminder to everyone....uncensored cursing is not allowed on the Hype, so do not post links to videos with it.
Oops I do apologise, never noticed the cursing and wasn't aware of the rules regarding cursing on here.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #959
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLarenMP4 View Post
You know what i would really like to see and I think it's a possibility considering that handheld cameras were used quite a bit in the filming of this movie.

In the fight scenes between Zod, have it from multiple perspectives for example. You could have them fight at what looks like normal speed but have the background moving at almost a pause and then cut away to a handheld as if from another persons eyes and have just complete destruction erupting all around them and all they can see is the blurred motion of blue/red & black.

That would be more realistic because kryptonians can move at incredible speeds so you would assume that them fighting would also be at incredibly high speeds.
Yeah I really hope they've done that too, it'd be awesome

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 02-05-2013, 12:57 PM   #960
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
I'm glad Weta Digital is only doing the first portion of the film. I think they're a little overrated. They might fit the Kryptonian stuff but I'm glad the Superman stuff will be left to somone else. I think MPC is underrated. I hope they handle that more than Double Negative.
MPC is probably doing the digital doubles for Superman and Zod (like the bank vault sequence). Double Negative is probably handling the flight elements, like they did with TDKR's action climax (their work on that was very impressive).

The visual effects look very impressive so far. You don't necessarily need a big expensive CGI house like ILM or WETA doing most of the work, if several smaller houses can provide similar results at lower prices.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-05-2013, 01:47 PM   #961
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'm not worried about the CGI

Thinking about taking a break from this forum until something new hits. I'm just sick of never having anything exciting to talk about and clawing my way to find something. I might come back in April or May, whenever WB decides to release something. I hope it's sooner than that but I'm not holding my breath. It looks like they are going to do a last mintue blitz thing and that's fine for the studio but it sure makes this forum extremely boring.

So goodbye until some actual news comes about. I'll be talking about Star Trek 2, Captain America 2 and Fast and Furious 6 with a little Star Wars thrown in for good measure.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 02-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #962
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:

That's one of my wishes too. It would be great to see that.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 02-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #963
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I am so hopeful and enthusiastic for the action scenes. If there is one thing Snyder excels at, it's action. I also like how i think Marvin ( could be wrong) pointed out earlier that this film has been in post-production forever. Which means the effects should look amazeballs.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:36 PM   #964
fanboiii
disciple of truth

The potential for the action scenes is insane for me to even think about. I think it's going to be the best fight scene in any superhero movie.

Old 02-05-2013, 02:38 PM   #965
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'm not worried about the CGI

Thinking about taking a break from this forum until something new hits. I'm just sick of never having anything exciting to talk about and clawing my way to find something. I might come back in April or May, whenever WB decides to release something. I hope it's sooner than that but I'm not holding my breath. It looks like they are going to do a last mintue blitz thing and that's fine for the studio but it sure makes this forum extremely boring.

So goodbye until some actual news comes about. I'll be talking about Star Trek 2, Captain America 2 and Fast and Furious 6 with a little Star Wars thrown in for good measure.
nah, you'll be back.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #966
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:

Seeing as how neither nolan nor the marvel directors(whedon aside) are helming this, you might actually get an attempt at something like this or interesting to say the least.

The minute snyder was announced I knew at the very least we'd probably bet some visualizations that approached what is described in the comics. Not since spiderman(and some of the xmen movies) has anyone really lived up to this imo.

I can on only imagine Snyder on any of these sorts of films...luckily we got him on superman. Bring on some rad sequences.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #967
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

http://ow.ly/hrVMA man of steel beating (barley) Iron Man 3 and having a huge margin over Wolverine and Thor on this NBC article.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:57 PM   #968
fanboiii
disciple of truth

So much for Superbowl TV spots. Iron Man 3 has released much more and it already has an established franchise.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:58 PM   #969
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Not since spiderman(and some of the xmen movies) has anyone really lived up to this imo.
Are you referring to X-men 3? Because I don't remember anything above serviceable in terms of visuals in the first two Singer movies aside from the Nightcrawler opener.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:00 PM   #970
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah, I was hoping for a MOS Super Bowl spot but really it's just because I wanted to see more footage. I never really expected it to affect the hype for this movie, one way or the other.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #971
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

I have a question. Who or what is Black Zero in MOS?

I believe in Batfleck
Old 02-05-2013, 04:30 PM   #972
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I have a question. Who or what is Black Zero in MOS?
Remember the part in the 2nd trailer where you see Superman flying up into a white/blue beam? The ship that beam is attached to is Black Zero. At least I think it is. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 02-05-2013, 04:39 PM   #973
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker

Ah. I thought it was a person though lol

I believe in Batfleck
Old 02-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #974
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

I think Black Zero was a character in the comics, but here it seems to either be a ship or a prison planet.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:48 PM   #975
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Are you referring to X-men 3? Because I don't remember anything above serviceable in terms of visuals in the first two Singer movies aside from the Nightcrawler opener.
Can't talk about other films in this forum but no, I wasn't referring to x3.
From the Phoenix to the Juggernaunt to the Iceman to whomever, not enough visualization to float my boat. A Snyder helmed X movie would probably do it though.