The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2013, 05:17 PM   #751
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Hasn't every rumor/ news bit insisted that Justice League will feature a Bruce Wayne who's passed his origins story, but still relatively new to the cowl? That leaves no room for a Nolan trilogy connection.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:19 PM   #752
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
Let me re-phrase: I don't want Nolan's characterization of Batman, or any of the characters from his series, near JL. I think its time to move on to a new take. Is it easy to tie Nolan's Batman in? Sure, but his take on the character after BB is one I don't particularly enjoy, nor one that I feel melds with what I would envision in a shared universe.

Just a personal preference, but I truely think we can attain an even better Batman from here on out. To all of a sudden tack on the mystical/supernatural/alien aspects from the rest of the DC universe to what Nolan has already established just feels like a bastardization that is unnecessary. I prefer to have the mystical, etc, along with a Batman that someone isn't afraid to show as highly acrobatic, intelligent and uses a variety of techniques/fighting styles.
I think the time to move on happened when Nolan closed his trilogy with "The Dark Knight Rises".

Batman in Injustice: Gods Among Us

Batman in The Dark Knight Rises
(action figure)

Even the version of Batman in the VG Injustice: Gods Among Us looks like Nolan's Batman (and he is in the Justice League), so it can happen. How is as easy as writing in a crisis moment and having the universes merge. Whether you want it or not, it can be done, and it will be the marketability of the idea that will determine its use.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:25 PM   #753
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

wait...why do you need to merge universes again?

Why can't Man of Steel (first contact with Aliens) take place after TDKR? Isn't that the normal way things go? What is released afterwards usually takes place afterwards. (usually)

Old 02-11-2013, 05:31 PM   #754
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post

Why can't Man of Steel (first contact with Aliens) take place after TDKR? Isn't that the normal way things go? What is released afterwards usually takes place afterwards. (usually)
What, Clark has been sitting on the sidelines watching news reports of Gotham being occupied and decides he'll do nothing about it?

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #755
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:

Then he (Clark Kent) would have been alive in Nolan's universe -- a universe he said had no other superheroes. It could work, but it will bring up questions. If you merge universes it still keeps the Batman, pre-TDKR, true to its original vision.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #756
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
What, Clark has been sitting on the sidelines watching news reports of Gotham being occupied and decides he'll do nothing about it?
Sounds like a problem a writer could solve. He could have been on his self-discovery thing during this time. Or, he heard that "nobody enters the city" thing.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Blake Lively as Carol Ferris
Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #757
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Yeah metahumans have existed for years but the goverment has been covering them up. So they're basically urban legends. Then Supes comes along and everything changes and makes their existence public. Which of course causes mass hysteria and has the President create a special Anti-Metahuman Task Force comprised of Checkmate/Cadmus/Suicide Squad. Of course this takes place sometime after TDKR so the whole "why weren't the others there?" question can be put to rest sort of...

Old 02-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #758
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
to quote Papa Kent in the trailer: ".....maybe"

He keeps that side of himself a secret. Clark sits on the sidelines most of his early life, not just flying off and getting involved in every armed conflict and saving millions of lives even though he can.

It seems like Clark doesn't decide to help people actively until he finds the fortress of solitude and the message from Jor El, which could take place after TDKR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Then he (Clark Kent) would have been alive in Nolan's universe -- a universe he said had no other superheroes. It could work, but it will bring up questions. If you merge universes it still keeps the Batman, pre-TDKR, true to its original vision.
During the time of TDK trilogy there are no other superheroes out there, even if Clark Kent is alive. He hasn't become "Superman" yet.

After TDKR, Clark Kent becomes Superman, Diana arrives, Hal gets his ring, Flash gets in his accident, etc.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-11-2013 at 05:44 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:38 PM   #759
dnno1
Side-Kick

Now you guys are thinking. That's a good thing.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:45 PM   #760
jmc
callin' it like I see it

I swear some of you are willing to overlook anything just to get Nolan's Batman in a JL film. **** logic.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:48 PM   #761
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
I swear some of you are willing to overlook anything just to get Nolan's Batman in a JL film. **** logic.
I don't care what they use either way, Bale, Levitt, someone new (as long as I like them) I just want to enjoy the movies. You're the one throwing logic to the side in favor of what you want.

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Old 02-11-2013, 05:49 PM   #762
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
He could be in the Artic.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:50 PM   #763
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
I think the time to move on happened when Nolan closed his trilogy with "The Dark Knight Rises".

(action figure)

Even the version of Batman in the VG Injustice: Gods Among Us looks like Nolan's Batman (and he is in the Justice League), so it can happen. How is as easy as writing in a crisis moment and having the universes merge. Whether you want it or not, it can be done, and it will be the marketability of the idea that will determine its use.
That Bats figure looks mighty sinister. Not like that's a bad thing.

Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #764
HighFivingMF
Welp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
That Bats figure looks mighty sinister. Not like that's a bad thing.
Looks like he just said "How you dern?"

Mark Strong as Sinestro
Old 02-11-2013, 05:56 PM   #765
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Old 02-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #766
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
It's because they love you.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 02-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #767
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
I don't care what they use either way, Bale, Levitt, someone new (as long as I like them) I just want to enjoy the movies. You're the one throwing logic to the side in favor of what you want.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #768
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
No man, the will is everything. Just as crazy old Ra's said.

He doesn't need money, a healthy fighting body, Hawking's level smarts or anything, only the will (and the idea I suppose) to do what's necessary. The will to give Earth the team of heroes it needwill

Definitely out of character from the comics/show.

But Bruce Wayne hasn't shown an unwillingness to work with others in Nolan's universe. He works with Gordon, Selina Kyle, Blake, etc.

You could still have him not trust his fellow superheroes though. Perhaps that's a part of the symbol of the League. When I said the symbol would show that Earth's superhumans are banding together to defend Earth, it also means that they are protecting the Earth from the individual members. Instead of there being 7 superhumans out in the wild that the public don't trust and aren't sure which nations they protect etc, Bruce brings them together to let the world know that they are on the same side, and that they all fight for the same cause together.

Again, he doesn't need money, a healthy fighting body, etc, only the will to do what's necessary. The 'will' to protect the Earth from this emerging phenomena of aliens and superhumans, both villains and 'heroes' (Superman).
This way, Bruce knows that the rest of the team can deal with another member if they ever go rogue. He can also secretly keep the only Kryptonite handy to take care of Superman if he needed to.
First of all, you still ignored all of my main points. Please offer an argument against those points. Those are the main factors. They can be found in my last reply to Project862006, page 30. You've only addressed the things on the side that I brought up yet you keep insisting that your argument is overall superior. I would copy and paste them to you if my internet wasn't down at the moment (currently using phone data) so I apologize for that.

Second, he needs more than just will. I already addressed this. If I had the will to stop an alien attack, that doesn't mean I will succeed. I would die in the process. And Ra's didn't say you could do it with just will. Sure that will is a major factor in what makes Bruce Batman butjust will by itself does nothing. Bruce used his will to reach the Sherlock Holmes leveo throughout years of dedication. He didn't just say "Yeah, I have will so I can go fight crime right now! Yay!" In fact, his belief that he can clean Gotham using just his will to fight against corruption turned out to be false and that's why he decides to travel the world in order to become the Batman.

Third, Gordon is Batman's first ally and has a special connection with him due to that thus he is one of the people Batman trusts the most even in the comics so that's not a good example. Selina is also really close to him in the comics (joined the Bat family at one point). They do sometimes end up on opposite sides of the law but even comic Batman would work with her in a No Man's Land/TDKR type of situation so she wouldn't be a good example either. As for Blake, Bruce trusting him with the Batcave and mantle after only getting to know him for a few days is stupid to begin with and very out of character for Bruce. Which brings me to my next point...

Fourth, Nolan's Batman trusting everyone and having absolutely zero problems with working in a team is not an argument for why he should be in JL; it's an argument for why he shouldn't be. If what you said is true (which I don't think it is other than in a few huge pars in TDKR), then that means Nolan's Batman acts out of character and Batman should be rebooted so that we can have an accurate Batman in JL.

Fifth, you keep trying to pitch a way to do this but like I said before in one of my main points which you ignored twice now, it is not about how good you can tie in the Nolan films. No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to do Batman and the overall quality of the JL movie justice as much as you can with having the classic Batman as we know him to be standing next to the JL. That is what you're missing. You're already limiting the potential of your JL film greatly by going that route.

Last edited by Shikamaru; 02-11-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:21 PM   #769
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:

(action figure)

Old 02-11-2013, 06:23 PM   #770
Juicy J
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's genuinely astounding. Nolan's universe carrying over into this new one won't happen for any number of reasons. How some of you are still entertaining the idea is beyond me, you're setting yourself up for disappointment.
Do you really not think it would be better off to just reboot the character? Someone please enlighten me as to what's wrong with just rebooting the character.

Last edited by Juicy J; 02-11-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:28 PM   #771
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

Comics: serious business.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:33 PM   #772
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

*edit

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-11-2013 at 06:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #773
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:

(action figure)

Those designs have nothing in common other than the fact that they both feature Batman wearing armor. The armor themselves look different. Armored Batman =/= Nolan's Batman. It seems to be more of a style thing considering that everyone else is wearing armor in that game.

I still don't get how going this route is more marketable. Unlike Spider-Man prior to the reboot, the GA already adjusted to multiple different versions of Batman within a short period of time throughout the decades. At this point, any good version of Batman will bring in tons of money. Batman doesn't need Nolan to break box office records.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:39 PM   #774
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
No man, the will is everything. Just as crazy old Ra's said.

He doesn't need money, a healthy fighting body, Hawking's level smarts or anything, only the will (and the idea I suppose) to do what's necessary. The will to give Earth the team of heroes it needwill

Definitely out of character from the comics/show.

But Bruce Wayne hasn't shown an unwillingness to work with others in Nolan's universe. He works with Gordon, Selina Kyle, Blake, etc.

You could still have him not trust his fellow superheroes though. Perhaps that's a part of the symbol of the League. When I said the symbol would show that Earth's superhumans are banding together to defend Earth, it also means that they are protecting the Earth from the individual members. Instead of there being 7 superhumans out in the wild that the public don't trust and aren't sure which nations they protect etc, Bruce brings them together to let the world know that they are on the same side, and that they all fight for the same cause together.

Again, he doesn't need money, a healthy fighting body, etc, only the will to do what's necessary. The 'will' to protect the Earth from this emerging phenomena of aliens and superhumans, both villains and 'heroes' (Superman).
This way, Bruce knows that the rest of the team can deal with another member if they ever go rogue. He can also secretly keep the only Kryptonite handy to take care of Superman if he needed to.
First of all, you still ignored all of my main points. Please offer an argument against those points. Those are the main factors. They can be found in my last reply to Project862006. You've only addressed the things on the side that I brought up yet you keep insisting that your argument is overall superior. I would copy and paste them to you if my internet wasn't down at the moment (currently using phone data) so I apologize for that.

Second, he needs more than just will. I already addressed this. If I had the will to stop an alien attack, that doesn't mean I will succeed. I would die in the process. And Ra's didn't say you could do it with just will. Sure that will is a major factor in what makes Bruce Batman butjust will by itself does nothing. Bruce used his will to reach the Sherlock Holmes leveo throughout years of dedication. He didn't just say "Yeah, I have will so I can go fight crime right now! Yay!" In fact, his belief that he can clean Gotham using just his will to fight against corruption turned out to be false and that's why he decides to travel the world in order to become the Batman.

Third, Gordon is Batman's first ally and has a special connection with him due to that thus he is one of the people Batman trusts the most even in the comics so that's not a good example. Selina is also really close to him in the comics (joined the Bat family at one point). They do sometimes end up on opposite sides of the law but even comic Batman would work with her in a No Man's Land/TDKR type of situation so she wouldn't be a good example either. As for Blake, Bruce trusting him with the Batcave and mantle after only getting to know him for a few days is stupid to begin with and very out of character for Bruce. Which brings me to my next point...

Fourth, Nolan's Batman trusting everyone and having absolutely zero problems with working in a team is not an argument for why he should be in JL; it's an argument for why he shouldn't be. If what you said is true (which I don't think it is other than in a few huge pars in TDKR), then that means Nolan's Batman acts out of character and Batman should be rebooted so that we can have an accurate Batman in JL.

Fifth, you keep trying to pitch a way to do this but like I said before in one of my main points which you ignored twice now, it is not about how good you can tie in the Nolan films. No matter how hard you try, you won't be able to do Batman and the overall quality of the JL movie justice as much as you can with having the classic Batman as we know him to be standing next to the JL. That is what you're missing. You're already limiting the potential of your JL film greatly by going that route.

Old 02-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #775
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

K. I'll address your points.

And for the record I'm not saying my way is superior, I'm just saying that I think it could work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
The main reasons are the fact that Bruce quits and leaves Gotham at the end of the movie
He doesn't have to go back to Gotham. The revelation of Superhumans/aliens etc in MoS can make Bruce realize that he has another problem ahead of him that he believes he has the power to help fix. Power in this case meaning simply the act of gathering the heroes together using his Batman persona, not using his body.

Quote:
the unnecessary 8 year timeskip which would make Bruce way older than Superman and the rest of the JL and that would be stupid
I don't think it's stupid. 40 year old Bats, 30 year old Supes? Sounds fine to me. Iron Man's almost 50 and Thor and Cap are only 30 and no one seems to mind.

Quote:
, and the fact that we learn in TDKR that his body is completely worn out.
Again, I don't think Bruce has to go throwing his body up against any more Bane's, or anyone for that matter.

Quote:
And no, it isn't completely not plausible to have a shared universe with the Nolan films canon. You can still force the idea somehow by having John Blake as Batman or by having Bruce be the Nick Fury of the team like some people suggested but those oltions should not be even considered IMO.
Interesting. As I think Bats (Bruce) should be the Nick Fury (and the Cap sort of) of the team, and that Blake should also secretly be the Batman who springs into action at the end as well :P. Bruce can secretly leave at the end of the movie, having completed his mission of giving the world a symbol of hope (and creating a system (the League) to keep the world's superhumans (the members) in check). JL2 can give us the next generation of the league with Bruce's successor Robin Blake, Hal's successor John Stewart, and Barry's successor Wally West. "As men, they're flesh and blood, they can be destroyed, but as a symbol, they can be everlasting!"

Quote:
Whatever happens with Nolan's Batman after TDKR is not Batman and it is not what should be seen in a long-awaited JL movie that features the top 2 most iconic superheroes standing side by side. A JL movie with Bruce as Batman and as we know him is the real deal. Anything else will simply be nowhere as good to the potential that this thing has regardless of how much effort they put into it and that is a fact we should all be aware of.
probably. But I still think it could work.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-11-2013 at 06:48 PM.
Closed Thread