The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 08:04 PM   #951
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 2

Guys, guys we don't need Justice League, Lobo will surely tide us over and make the big bucks that The Avengers did.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:20 PM   #952
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post

I think there are only two ways out of this: either wait until the MoS saga is completed and reboot the entire DC film universe from scratch, paving the way for JL later, or, create the shared universe with MoS and connect it with the TDK trilogy (with Bale's Bruce coming out of retirement to confront a world with aliens).
This is how I always used to look at it. Either they're both in JLA or neither are. Both options work fine for me. However, whether it makes business sense/whether GA accept it is a different thing).

A part of me just wants to see TDK trilogy and MoS (a one shot film like Watchmen, not the first in a trilogy) being the end of the Nolan era, and then the JLA movie kicks off a shared universe in 2016. However, I think people will find it awkward.

-Unless Clark dies at the end of MoS or something to really communicate that it's just a one off film, I think the GA would expect a franchise. And thus a JL movie with a new Batman and a new Superman would probably be seen as crap, not even able to get the actors back like a cheap tv sequel, and would be rejected. I also don't think that the studio, nor Snyder, would forgo a sequel to a successful movie anyways. They'd want their cake and eat it too.
-They could just give Supes his trilogy to 'end' things, making a reboot seem natural. But I don't want to wait that long, as this would probably mean no solo movies for Flash/WW/Batman etc for a long long time.

Then there's the Nolanverse option I like as well, which would probably be better received with the GA. I don't think Bruce coming back hurts things, at least for only one movie. Have both Bruce and Blake secretly share the Batman role; classic Batman mysteriousness (Bruce for the bulk of the movie, gathering the league, planning, commanding etc, and Blake secretly under the cowl for the few fighting/Batwing scenes at the end).
-Just one movie with Bruce, and that's enough, just suiting up to put together this league to keep the world safe from aliens and superhumans (the individual members) themselves, uniting them to give the world a reassuring symbol of hope. Though the members will always be changing (as Bats, Flash, and Gl are simply men, who can be destroyed) the symbol will remain the same, everlasting.

(Then the next film, if it ever comes, can be the next set of heroes with Robin Blake, John Stewart, Wally West, Hawkman/girl, Green Arrow, and still WW and Supes).

That being said, I don't think they'll do this given the rumours about rebooted Batman.

Right now though, I think people do see MoS and TDK as being 'together'. The unveiling of the new Batman, whether it's in a solo movie or the JL movie, would be extremely disappointing to the GA who most likely would have thought that they were watching the Nolanverse in MoS, getting excited after MoS thinking that Cavill and Bale will be meeting in the future (given that it's a Nolan production, and the 'realistic' Superman).

So basically, if MoS is going to be the start, it's reallllly important that there's something in MoS that makes it clear that it's not linked with TDK, which is over for good; that this is separate. Ideally, this would happen in commercials, opposed to the realization during MoS which might damper the movie for some. (Obviously and unfortunately though, for the sake of this movie's success, they want as much Nolan/TDK association as possible). But who knows, maybe MoS will have something that clearly makes audiences realize, and accept, that they are not in the Nolanverse.

If it's able to, then great. MoS becomes step 1, and they go from there. Either do more solo movies or do the JL movie right away, whatever.

(I just have a tough time imagining how any other Batman incarnation will feel more in sync with MoS than the TDK movies do. (Nolan/Syncopy productions, Zimmer score, same titles, the 'realistic take', etc). I could be wrong though; maybe the inclusion of the supernatural in the next Batman film will be more than enough to make it feel more at home with MoS than TDK ever did. Perhaps MoS isn't as similar to TDK as the commercials (which are trying to ride the TDK wave as hard as they can) are making it seem)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 02-13-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:27 PM   #953
dnno1
Side-Kick

I'm sorry guys. I just don't think a solo Wonder Woman is ever going to happen. They might do a TV series, but not a movie.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:34 PM   #954
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eradicator View Post
wait until the MoS saga is completed and reboot the entire DC film universe from scratch
Yeah, but that's what we were waiting for with Nolan's Batman movies! The problem I see is that with every solo franchise could be the scenario where it's, "Oh, this can't fit in with a shared universe." They have to start somewhere. First it was Green Lantern. Which of course didn't pan out. Then it was MOS. Now it's ?????

Quote:
or, create the shared universe with MoS and connect it with the TDK trilogy (with Bale's Bruce coming out of retirement to confront a world with aliens).
This crossed my mind with that BOF article when they said that Batman would be rebooted with a solo movie- that they would use their current incarnation (i.e. Bale, or JGL) so as not to have to worry about the solo Batman movie version. If JL bombs, then they can just start again with the reboot.

The BOF is looking at a particular scenario though- what would happen to Batman if the JL movie doesn't happen, when will we see him next?

But of course if they do go ahead with JL, what version of Batman would they use? Old Batman (Bale), JGL, or new "reboot" Batman?

If they do go with a JL movie, I think they should go with a Batman exactly where they are at now- not a Nolan version of Batman, and not a reboot solo movie Batman, but a Batman for now, for a JL movie. If they are so worried about the Batman franchise if a JL movie bombs- well, first, don't make a JL movie that sucks and therefore bombs, and second, have a Batman that isn't necessarily going to be the guaranteed solo movie Batman. He could be a one-off, an actor just seen in the JL movie. If he is successful and they decide to keep him for the solo movies, then keep him. Otherwise use who they can now and not worry about a Batman movie that is still quite far away. Same with Wonder Woman, Flash and GL- worry about how they are in the JL movie, and don't worry at this point about whether they will carry on to their solo movies. Worry about those movies when they happen. With the length of time these movies can potentially carry on they should be ready to replace actors anyway.

That's only if they decide to make a JL movie of course. I would be happy if they decide to use the characters in their solo movies first. Just get WW and Flash going in some capacity.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:41 PM   #955
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
I'm sorry guys. I just don't think a solo Wonder Woman is ever going to happen. They might do a TV series, but not a movie.
Ugh, I will drop kick those idiots at Warner if all we get from WW is a potentially crappy CW show.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:05 PM   #956
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Ugh, I will drop kick those idiots at Warner if all we get from WW is a potentially crappy CW show.
I wonder what that show will be like, will it even have the costume etc. It could be good, but we really need to see WW in full-on action mode in a blockbuster movie.

Old 02-13-2013, 09:52 PM   #957
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

El Mayimbe says JL will happen before a supposed MOS trilogy:

https://twitter.com/elmayimbe/status/301755697614442498

Still doesn't mean anything, but hey, a tidbit's good for now.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 02-13-2013, 11:38 PM   #958
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I don't know, how illogical could it be to attach MoS with TDK and bring Bruce back from retirement? Even Sir Conan Doyle brought Sherlock Holmes back from a rather elaborate and memorable death!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 02-14-2013, 12:07 AM   #959
Frodo
Side-Kick

Tend to think BOF is probably closer to the truth as far as WB choices than LR, but things do change and are in flux so, I'm not gonna shoot down LR's claims.

BOF's scoop is consistent with the chatter and rumors we've been hearing lately, and is also consistent with past WB behavior. I wouldn't be surprised if there are fights between the pro and con factions which could mean that nothing is 100% decided yet.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:06 AM   #960
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
I don't know, how illogical could it be to attach MoS with TDK and bring Bruce back from retirement? Even Sir Conan Doyle brought Sherlock Holmes back from a rather elaborate and memorable death!
I think that would take too much away from bruce's personal story in TDK trilogy.

Honestly if they are so dead set on connecting the franchises why not just do the natural thing and have john blake be a part of the new franchise?

I mean it was pretty much written out in TDKR's ending that he was going down the super-hero path.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:43 AM   #961
Willi Berg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if there are fights between the pro and con factions which could mean that nothing is 100% decided yet.
Yeah, WB would be weighing up all their options/constantly changing their minds/have no idea what to do, so of course there would be this uncertainty, as there has been for a long time.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #962
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
After the atrocity that was the Green Lantern movie
After letting the first JL movie slip through the cracks
After canceling Green Lantern TAS, an incredible show
After completely screwing up the new52 reboot

WB/ DC deserves everything they get, and I'm happy to see them fail. How the **** hard is it to at least get a Flash movie out by 2015? How about a goddamn Hawkwoman movie at the least? Marvel has two movies coming out every damn year. DC will be left in the dust by 2015 and it will be hilarious because they deserve it, they handled and conducted themselves poorly to say the least.

Lol every single year we are gonna see like 2 Marvel movies, and the soonest we will see the next DC movie is 2016 lmfao. This isn't only disgusting, it's pathetic.
The funny thing is: many DC fans support their strategy. "OMG, Nolan! I want another self-contained trilogy for the next 7 years". **** this. Marvel is taking comic book movies to a whole new level. It's time for DC to do the same. People keep saying "MOS is it's own thing, blablabla". Bull****. Just do what marvel did, WB.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:16 AM   #963
Venom'sDad
Reason I Became a Raider

Bale's Batman is over...look, they can't just include Bale in JL with signing to multi-film deals that would at a minimums means at least two more solo Batman films...that would be done without Nolan involvement. Again, Nolan intended Bale's Batman to be not only the end of the trilogy, but the end of that franchise, with a slight option to continue the franchise with JGL...which is really a joke and slap in the face to WB.

Old 02-14-2013, 07:34 AM   #964
Zionite1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by king666 View Post
The funny thing is: many DC fans support their strategy. "OMG, Nolan! I want another self-contained trilogy for the next 7 years". **** this. Marvel is taking comic book movies to a whole new level. It's time for DC to do the same. People keep saying "MOS is it's own thing, blablabla". Bull****. Just do what marvel did, WB.
I think youre misunderstanding something.That people want a self contained MOS trilogy doesnt mean they dont want other Dc franchises.Quite frankly Id take a self contained WW franchise,Flash franchise,Green lantern franchise over a single JL franchise.

I have no problem with MOS Launching a Dc universe so long as it doesnt intefere with the sequels in any single way.

My ideal timetable would be

1.MOS 2 and WW-2015
2.Flash-2016
3.MOS 3 and WW2-2017
4.Flash 2 and GL reboot-2018
5.Batman reboot and WW3-2019
6.JL-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
T
(I just have a tough time imagining how any other Batman incarnation will feel more in sync with MoS than the TDK movies do. (Nolan/Syncopy productions, Zimmer score, same titles, the 'realistic take', etc). I could be wrong though; maybe the inclusion of the supernatural in the next Batman film will be more than enough to make it feel more at home with MoS than TDK ever did. Perhaps MoS isn't as similar to TDK as the commercials (which are trying to ride the TDK wave as hard as they can) are making it seem)
An Arkham asulum type Batman wld feel a lot more at home in MOS than Nolans Bat imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
Bale's Batman is over...look, they can't just include Bale in JL with signing to multi-film deals that would at a minimums means at least two more solo Batman films...that would be done without Nolan involvement. Again, Nolan intended Bale's Batman to be not only the end of the trilogy, but the end of that franchise, with a slight option to continue the franchise with JGL...which is really a joke and slap in the face to WB.
Well said

Last edited by Zionite1; 02-14-2013 at 07:39 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:08 AM   #965
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom'sDad View Post
I disagree with this.

JL doesnt NEED to build on more solo Batman movies. Not at all. Nobody needs to direct Bale (in his own movie) outside of Nolan. If they really went ahead with Justice League in 2/3 years from now, with the intention of including Henry Cavill and Christian Bale. All they have to do is keep Bale exclusive to JL. Of course they would only do this, if they indeed wanted to wait for the MOS trilogy to come to a close. And only reboot Batman on film, at the start of the 2020's.

So it's always a possibility until it's announced differently. You guys who are against the idea have to get used to that. You're not right and we're wrong. Nolans world isnt over til WB says it is.

Now, it's not what i think will happen. Now i have a change of heart. I dont want Justice League til the next decade, and i prefer they wrap up Man Of Steel's movies and we get a Bat reboot before the decade closes.

Old 02-14-2013, 11:31 AM   #966
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

I honestly don't care to see a Justice League trilogy of anything. I'd like to see it connect the universes then continue with solo movies. The team-up thing is cool, but it can get old. To me, I'd prefer a one-shot film with Cavill, Bale and whoever else. It could be similar to the Dark Knight Returns idea (not necessarily the story). Batman's last ride. This is the Justice League movie that I want.

EDIT: I'm sure a lot of people will say that Batman already had his last ride. I would just feel like continuing that universe's story with other characters makes the series more memorable. We've had so many solo movies and solo reboots that half the movies out there seem like elseworld tales to me now. I want one defined franchise for this generation. I'm tired of so and so's take on this character.

Last edited by DChero; 02-14-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:55 PM   #967
Travesty
Dats right!

I think it would be funny if they did use Bale again. The timetable for Batman would be that Bruce Wayne retired, came back as Batman in TDKR, retired again, and then would come back in JL, and would have to retire again sometime in the future.

The new movies will be called TDK: retirededereder trilogy.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #968
J.Howlett

Here's the problem with connecting Nolan's trilogy to Man of Steel if Bale comes back as Batman; it put's Snyder's new version of Superman in a negative light. Simple question from the general audience if the time table of the two franchises is clear; where the hell was Superman when Bane took over Gotham? How about when the Joker was going nuts on Gotham?

WB has three options. Forget JL and concentrate on a Man of Steel trilogy or Man of Steel is the beginning of the DC universe and we get our rebooted Batman in JL or Man of Steel is the beginning and Blake is our Batman.

These are their only choices really.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #969
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

Those are not the only choices. They have so many options. Wb needs to start thinking. Their characters can fit into a shared universe. Does anyone really think avengers was that different. We don't need a new batman franchise, he can appear in jl and it doesn't have to be blake. We don't need crappy stand alone films either. Ppl know who they are, unlike avengers who's characters were b-list heroes outside of spidey and xmen until they established the movie verse. The ga is not stupid you change it up on them and they'll get it. By get it I mean they'll buy a ticket.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:54 PM   #970
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
WB has three options. Forget JL and concentrate on a Man of Steel trilogy or Man of Steel is the beginning of the DC universe and we get our rebooted Batman in JL or Man of Steel is the beginning and Blake is our Batman.

This is my dream scenario: MOS trilogy set in a shared universe + rebooted Batman + Justice League (MOS as canon).
But Nolan would probably kill Superman at the end of MOS3

Old 02-14-2013, 01:55 PM   #971
J.Howlett

I agree general audiences will get the switching of actors. Marvel is going to be heading into this direction here very soon when RDJ is finished and they want to keep making Iron Man films. Because they've established a massive universe, they can just keep plugging away until the cows come home.

Here's the problem for WB. Bruce Wayne's story in the Nolan trilogy is over. Batman Begins set out to tell a finite story of Bruce Wayne. The only way to connect that trilogy to what WB wants to do in a shared universe is to use the ending of Rises as the jump off point for the new interpretation of Batman. And, it'll have to be Blake. The problem is that the majority of people on these boards don't want that. They want Kal-El and Bruce Wayne on the screen together.

Personally, for these comic book movies to survive the future, the characters have to become James Bond. They can't keep rebooting just because they switch actors. Nolan turned Batman into Bond for WB and that's why they're leery about screwing up Batman in a Justice League film.

Using John Blake as Batman in the new shared universe makes sense because it doesn't destroy the integrity of Nolan's Bruce Wayne story and with the ending of Rises, it creates a clean slate for the Batman cinematic character for all time, whether he's connected to the DC shared universe or stays as a solo franchise character.

Whatever they do, it has to make sense. Bale's not going to come back. So, that really only leaves them two options; rebooted Bruce Wayne or use John Blake.

If they really, truly want to use Man of Steel and the leg work Nolan did with Batman, then they have to use John Blake as the Batman. He could be a new kind of Batman, which would give the filmmakers the opportunity to switch up how to interpret Batman that's different from Nolan's.

This really isn't that hard. Either tell Nolan to **** off and we're using John Blake as Batman (even though that's not what Nolan intended for the final image of that film) or reboot Bruce Wayne and then just figure out whether you want to introduce him in Justice League or in a solo Batman reboot film (non-origin, of course).

Last edited by J.Howlett; 02-14-2013 at 02:03 PM.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:02 PM   #972
Travesty
Dats right!

They're gonna have to use a new GL if they're gonna tie this to MOS, so they might as well use a new Batman. It's not that hard.

I still don't understand this whole "this has to be tied to Nolan's movies" mentality? If you really want a piss poor version of JL, then by all means, tie it to Nolan's Batman.

*Dat Kane and his gifs!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:05 PM   #973
J.Howlett

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
They're gonna have to use a new GL if they're gonna tie this to MOS, so they might as well use a new Batman. It's not that hard.

I still don't understand this whole "this has to be tied to Nolan's movies" mentality? If you really want a piss poor version of JL, then by all means, tie it to Nolan's Batman.
I'm in agreement with you. Don't tie it to Nolan's films. The reason why it's so inciting to do it is because of the trailer. Tonally, it would fit right in with Nolan's films. And I'm pretty sure WB sees this too when they look at the footage of Man of Steel.

Old 02-14-2013, 02:51 PM   #974
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm rolling my eyes hard with the news i just read about delaying JL again.

I'm all for getting a solid Man of Steel trilogy, but now assuming that they finally have a couple good stars for a DC universe, why are they wasting that and pussing out on a JL movie?

I'd love to see Wonder Woman and Flash for the first time in a Justice League film. I have no problem with it. I'd also be just fine seeing Batman and Green Lantern rebooted in a JL film. That actually seems like a logical way to do it. All these characters can just have a quick run down of their origins and then get spin off solo films. Whats stopping them?

do they just lack Marvel/Disney's huevos?

Old 02-14-2013, 03:05 PM   #975
DChero
Out of Work Superhero

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
Here's the problem with connecting Nolan's trilogy to Man of Steel if Bale comes back as Batman; it put's Snyder's new version of Superman in a negative light. Simple question from the general audience if the time table of the two franchises is clear; where the hell was Superman when Bane took over Gotham? How about when the Joker was going nuts on Gotham?

I'm a little late to this, but I think of MoS as happening after TDKR. This way MoS doesn't step on TDKR's toes and they can still come together later on. Bale's Wayne wouldn't jump right back into action only a few months after TDKR, but I could see him coming back 10 years later (in that timeline). I mentioned earlier something with a similar arc as The Dark Knight Returns (different story obvious) could fit to me.

Closed Thread